Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: s3r5 Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    I better stick to water. Anything "adult", and I'll start singing. NO ONE wants, or deserves that.
    Don't worry, i'll join in and I have a trained voice, I'll drown you out.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    I am glad you enjoyed them. The next course, of course, is the fish course, with a few bites of veggies to cleanse the palate.

Tuna crostini; curried salmon cakes; stir-fry tilapia cubes with ginger, soy, and a few slices of carrot and onion; steamed prawn and scallop shumai; miniature fish timbale with slivers of avocado and bell pepper; sweet and sour grilled swordfish kebabs; Senegalese boulettes de poisson with shredded spinach; and Peruvian ceviche with diced red snapper, onion and cilantro.

Vegetable side dish: lightly grilled asparagus, fennel, snow peas, red and green peppers, and zucchini in a lemon vinaigrette.
    It was going well until the swordfish and tilapia.

That's the beauty of a menu like this, you don't have to try anything you don't want to.

If you like, we can substitute halibut or whitefish for the tilapia and tuna for the swordfish, sinilarly preoared.
    Last edited by Meherrin; 04-13-2017 at 02:32 PM.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.

Halibut sounds lovely

Quote Originally Posted by Foley View Post
    Halibut sounds lovely
    There you are, substitutions made. Enjoy the rest of the fish course samplers.

I am ready for dessert.....this dinner is taking too long.

Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

That looks yummy.

Foley never came back for the main course, or the salad and cheese plate.... I think I'll post the selections anyway so he knows what he missed.

Main course:

Tantalizing slices of beef wellington, bruschetta-stuffed chicken breast, and rolled leg of lamb with walnut and arugula stuffing.

Miniature portions of veal ravioli in tomato-herb sauce, chicken and sausage ragout, Taiwanese chicken with ginger-garlic-soy sauce and goji berries, lamb curry, tandoori beef, Cuban beef stew, chicken mole with parsnips and plantain, and doro wat.

With sides of assorted vegetables: grilled cubed potato, eggplant, zucchini and squash, and stuffed mushrooms, peppers and baby tomatoes.

And another bread basket: Italian, French, sourdough and dark rye breads, whole wheat buns, injera, naan, Chinese milk buns and pćo de queijo.

As always, if any special seasonings or sauces are desired, just let us know. (Ketchup will not be supplied.)

Salad and cheese and fruit plate

For a palate cleanser following the meat course, we offer a refreshing green salad and a cheese and fruit plate.

The salad is a selection of tasty greens (romaine lettuce, spinach, escarole, arugula and matché) with your choice of dressings: strawberry vinaigrette, creamy blue cheese, honey-mustard, basil-walnut, or a classic Caesar.

Our cheese and fruit plate offerings: cheshire, blue, smoked gouda, havarti, emmenthal, aged cheddar, camembert and chevre, with grapes, cherries, and sliced strawberries, kiwifruit and pears.

I am a bad bad girl....I despise emmental cheese....always have...ethnically I am supposed to love it. I substitute the waxy blechy emmental for some lovely Monterey Jack.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    I am a bad bad girl....I despise emmental cheese....always have...ethnically I am supposed to love it. I substitute the waxy blechy emmental for some lovely Monterey Jack.
    Of course, substitutions are always available. We do have access to, well, everything you could want. It's so nice having a TARDIS of one's own.

Having a TARDIS is wonderful! Now come join me in a measure of mead.

And join me in enjoying this:

Last edited by Flossie Schmumpus; 05-07-2017 at 10:31 PM.

Having a TARDIS is wonderful! Now come join me in a measure of mead.

And join me in enjoying this:

Mead! Beethoven violin concerto! Itzhak Perlman!

I saw him in concert once. Sublime.

This is neither Beethoven nor a violin concerto, but absolutely gorgeous and worth the listen. I hear it even goes well with mead.

Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

Quote Originally Posted by Carni View Post
    This is neither Beethoven nor a violin concerto, but absolutely gorgeous and worth the listen. I hear it even goes well with mead.

That was lovely, thank you.

I've been exploring all kinds of classical music recently and I'm more than happy to share.

S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

Beautiful listening music.

Vladimir Horowitz is my go to pianist, there is something in how he shapes the music that sings to my soul.

Horowitz is indeed one of the great pianists of our time. There's a flow and a body and shape to the way he plays....

But the violin is my favourite. And Perlman plays exquisitely. But my soul sings when I hear a piece performed by Menuhin. I have been privileged to have attended live concerts by my three favourite violinists during the course of my life - Menuhin, Perlman, and Isaac Stern.

*sets out some delicious treats for those wandering in.

*eats up all the treats without saving any for the others who might show up*

S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

*eats up all the treats without saving any for the others who might show up*
    ::giggles, because Carni has not yet realised that we have a TARDIS which means we can have an infinite amount of treats::

::sets out more treats::

::looks at more treats, too full to eat another bite::

You win this one...

S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

::looks at more treats, too full to eat another bite::

You win this one...
    Care for some liquid refreshment, to help all those treats settle nicely in your tummy?

::readies a tummy soothing potion for Carni::

::readies a tummy soothing potion for Carni::
    Oh flossie you shouldn't have...

S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

Gin and tonic always is soothing.