Thread: Hero Weapons

Default Hero Weapons

I have a spear of the phalanx. It says +3 attack and +3 defense for each phalanx. Does that boost my phalanx or boost my hero for every phalanx? Any help ius appreciated. Thanks.

Now, where's my pitchfork? bandgeek's Avatar

It raises your phalanxs' attack and defense values by 3pts. So the phalanx normally has values of 15-40-50. If you equip the spear, their values will be 18-43-53.

This embassy hath a pleasant seat. MokMonster's Avatar

More specifically, it raises the attack and defense values of your phalanx that are fighting with the hero -- so only those who are defending in the same town as your hero (as long as your hero is fighting and not dodging or off doing something else), or who are attacking with your hero.
    MokMonster does not support, condone or agree with anything written in this post.
    Any suggestions to the contrary are purely unintentional.
    (Unless you agreed with it -- then I totally said it)

It doesn't really matter which it means, since it only applies when both your hero and your phalanx are in the same battle.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift)
    S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift)

Ok Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    It doesn't really matter which it means, since it only applies when both your hero and your phalanx are in the same battle.
    Except that Kirilloid assumes the +3/+3 takes place before upgrades.
    So a minor difference does apply when upgrades are made to the units, making it more effective for the +/+ to apply to the troops, rather than the hero.
    I dunno if K is correct on this, but he normally is...

The writing on the items themselves is a bit ambiguous, but I always assumed it was meant to apply to the units rather than the hero.
    Even assuming Kirilloid is correct, the difference is pretty minimal and would take a bunch of calculations to notice the difference in an actual battle.
    MokMonster does not support, condone or agree with anything written in this post.

Selling silks, spices, and spam! St.Christopher's Avatar

So a minor difference does apply when upgrades are made to the units, making it more effective for the +/+ to apply to the troops, rather than the hero.
    You kinda lost me here. Are you saying that the hero weapon will also gain an increase of the armory level of the troops it boosts? That could be quite a bit of points. (30% of the weapon's +value at lvl20armory)
    Retired (2-2) finished servers

S1-GreatWhite-(Victory!)
    S2-STC
    S6-GhostRider/JB
    S7-Montross-r2(Victory!)/Crom-r3
    S8-Cyclops

Going on the assumption Kirilloid is correct, I ran some tests, and what I found was:
    1. The weapon adds the stats to the units, not the hero.
    but
    2. The extra stats were not boosted by smithy research.

I could tell it was added to the units because for infantry units with a cavalry hero, the extra stats were infantry attack.

My tests were:

2000 level 20 Legionnaires with a hero (no stats) holding a Short Sword of the Legionnaire attacking 2000 level 20 Maces. Hero is (100+500)=600 attack that is cavalry, and (2000*3)=6000 attack that is to be determined. 39.4% losses

2000 level 20 Legionnaires with 55 level 0 EI (6600 cav attack) attacking 2000 level 20 Maces. 37.6% losses

2000 level 20 Legionnaires with 5 level 0 EI and 80 level 0 Fire Cats (so 600 cav attack and 6000 infantry attack) attacking 2000 level 20 Maces. 39.4% losses

2150 level 20 Legionnaires with 5 level 0 EI attacking 2000 level 20 Maces. (600 cav attack and 6000 extra Legionnaire attack) 38.4% lossses
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift)
    S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift)

Quote Originally Posted by St.Christopher View Post
    You kinda lost me here. Are you saying that the hero weapon will also gain an increase of the armory level of the troops it boosts? That could be quite a bit of points. (30% of the weapon's +value at lvl20armory)
    No, not the weapon.
    I'm saying that if you look at Kirilloid's #s, the sword's +x/+x is applied to the base stat of the unit, which is then modified by the smithy.
    But I redid my numbers and that is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    Going on the assumption Kirilloid is correct, I ran some tests, and what I found was:
    2. The extra stats were not boosted by smithy research.
    My tests were:
    Yup...

I redid my math and you're correct.
    Not sure where I went wrong, but I must not have been paying attention somewhere.

I was using the values in the offense calculator, which show that the +x/+x is added after... for some reason I was thinking otherwise.