Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Chiefing

  1. #1

    Default Chiefing

    So a lot of guides recommend to send 7 chiefs on a chief attempt to guarantee the chiefing attempt is successful on the first pass. My question is since most guides recommend 3 chiefs from hammer, 2 from villa B and 2 from villa C, what do you do with the other chief in Villa C after the other chief in the village is used up? Are you building 2 expansions slots and 2 chiefs in each village you want to conquer with just to get 1 village or are you utilizing that single chief for another attempt later on?

  2. #2
    This embassy hath a pleasant seat. Principal Brian Lewis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Langley Falls
    Posts
    7,884

    Default

    7 is usually to many, I always send 5-6. I'm sure Table spoon will be able to answer you better though.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cjk164 View Post
    So a lot of guides recommend to send 7 chiefs on a chief attempt to guarantee the chiefing attempt is successful on the first pass. My question is since most guides recommend 3 chiefs from hammer, 2 from villa B and 2 from villa C, what do you do with the other chief in Villa C after the other chief in the village is used up? Are you building 2 expansions slots and 2 chiefs in each village you want to conquer with just to get 1 village or are you utilizing that single chief for another attempt later on?
    Always use kirilloids to figure out the exact number you can send(varies depending on population and big parties): http://travian.kirilloid.ru/conq.php. You can chief an inactive with that single chief, or if you have multiple one chief villages you can use one to chief one of your own villages to get 2 back in another village.

  4. #4
    My duty is to the bribe!. polaris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    I always send 5-6. Seven is overkill as Gotmilk said.

    I use the second chief later for another chiefing, or for purposes of self-chiefing.
    S4R1 - polaris
    S6R2 - furysedge - {CD}
    S1R4 - Trogdor - 7RU
    S1R5 - Elmo
    Status: retired

    IRC:

  5. #5

    Default

    Alright so even if it's 6 and you send 3-2-1 and land the attempt on the 5th chief what are you doing with that extra chief in villa B, just use on a different attempt and having to go at it 3-1-1-1?

  6. #6
    My duty is to the bribe!. polaris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    Yes or you can self chief to open up 2 slots again.
    S4R1 - polaris
    S6R2 - furysedge - {CD}
    S1R4 - Trogdor - 7RU
    S1R5 - Elmo
    Status: retired

    IRC:

  7. #7

    Default

    Unless you're Roman, 5 is too few. 6 is ok, if you're also throwing a big party from all villages. If not, seven is safer.
    I smash you!

    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    Just because I tell you something, doesn't make it true.

  8. #8
    My duty is to the bribe!. polaris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Unless you're Roman, 5 is too few. 6 is ok, if you're also throwing a big party from all villages. If not, seven is safer.
    Disclaimer - I've never played roman so I could be wrong.... but...

    According to the FAQ, Roman Senators lower 20-30% baseline. Any chiefing should be done in the presence of the large party anyway (+5%) and to be safe you assume the village being chiefed has a large party going too (-5%) then 5 should be fine under the worst circumstances. I can understand chiefing with 6 to be safe, by why would you ever need to chief with 7? The statistics say that even in the worst of cases 5 senators would be fine.
    S4R1 - polaris
    S6R2 - furysedge - {CD}
    S1R4 - Trogdor - 7RU
    S1R5 - Elmo
    Status: retired

    IRC:

  9. #9
    This embassy hath a pleasant seat. Wren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    So Chi you thought I was bashful
    Posts
    7,194

    Default

    That number doesn't take into account population difference, which plays a role in conquerings.
    Retired.
    s3r2: Deakon - Nemesis/WFTW (winnarz!!) ...... s6r2: Anon - CD (lulz, failtrain)...... s1r4: Trogdor - 7RU


  10. #10
    My duty is to the bribe!. polaris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    That number doesn't take into account population difference, which plays a role in conquerings.
    ah right. who woulda thought that the number guru would correct me in my incorrect numbers
    S4R1 - polaris
    S6R2 - furysedge - {CD}
    S1R4 - Trogdor - 7RU
    S1R5 - Elmo
    Status: retired

    IRC:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •