Thread: Chiefing

Default Chiefing

So a lot of guides recommend to send 7 chiefs on a chief attempt to guarantee the chiefing attempt is successful on the first pass. My question is since most guides recommend 3 chiefs from hammer, 2 from villa B and 2 from villa C, what do you do with the other chief in Villa C after the other chief in the village is used up? Are you building 2 expansions slots and 2 chiefs in each village you want to conquer with just to get 1 village or are you utilizing that single chief for another attempt later on?

Philosopher Principal Brian Lewis's Avatar

7 is usually to many, I always send 5-6. I'm sure Table spoon will be able to answer you better though.

Quote Originally Posted by cjk164 View Post
    So a lot of guides recommend to send 7 chiefs on a chief attempt to guarantee the chiefing attempt is successful on the first pass. My question is since most guides recommend 3 chiefs from hammer, 2 from villa B and 2 from villa C, what do you do with the other chief in Villa C after the other chief in the village is used up? Are you building 2 expansions slots and 2 chiefs in each village you want to conquer with just to get 1 village or are you utilizing that single chief for another attempt later on?
    Always use kirilloids to figure out the exact number you can send(varies depending on population and big parties): http://travian.kirilloid.ru/conq.php. You can chief an inactive with that single chief, or if you have multiple one chief villages you can use one to chief one of your own villages to get 2 back in another village.

I always send 5-6. Seven is overkill as Gotmilk said.

I use the second chief later for another chiefing, or for purposes of self-chiefing.
    S4R1 - polaris
    S6R2 - furysedge - {CD}
    S1R4 - Trogdor - 7RU
    S1R5 - Elmo

IRC: http://indicator.travian.org/11!polaris/

Alright so even if it's 6 and you send 3-2-1 and land the attempt on the 5th chief what are you doing with that extra chief in villa B, just use on a different attempt and having to go at it 3-1-1-1?

Yes or you can self chief to open up 2 slots again.
    S4R1 - polaris
    S6R2 - furysedge - {CD}
    S1R4 - Trogdor - 7RU
    S1R5 - Elmo

Unless you're Roman, 5 is too few. 6 is ok, if you're also throwing a big party from all villages. If not, seven is safer.
    I smash you!

Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    Just because I tell you something, doesn't make it true.

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Unless you're Roman, 5 is too few. 6 is ok, if you're also throwing a big party from all villages. If not, seven is safer.
    Disclaimer - I've never played roman so I could be wrong.... but...

According to the FAQ, Roman Senators lower 20-30% baseline. Any chiefing should be done in the presence of the large party anyway (+5%) and to be safe you assume the village being chiefed has a large party going too (-5%) then 5 should be fine under the worst circumstances. I can understand chiefing with 6 to be safe, by why would you ever need to chief with 7? The statistics say that even in the worst of cases 5 senators would be fine.
    S4R1 - polaris
    S6R2 - furysedge - {CD}
    S1R4 - Trogdor - 7RU
    S1R5 - Elmo

That number doesn't take into account population difference, which plays a role in conquerings.
    Retired.
    s3r2: Deakon - Nemesis/WFTW (winnarz!!) ...... s6r2: Anon - CD (lulz, failtrain)...... s1r4: Trogdor - 7RU

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    That number doesn't take into account population difference, which plays a role in conquerings.
    ah right. who woulda thought that the number guru would correct me in my incorrect numbers
    S4R1 - polaris
    S6R2 - furysedge - {CD}
    S1R4 - Trogdor - 7RU
    S1R5 - Elmo

Quote Originally Posted by polaris View Post
    ah right. who woulda thought that the number guru would correct me in my incorrect numbers
    Yeah, Wren beat me to it (as usual )
    I smash you!

Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    Just because I tell you something, doesn't make it true.

I've done it with 3, and I've seen it take 7, so there's a huge swing in chiefing. Most of the time, though, it takes 5 or 6.

Ideally, you send 2 sets of 3 chiefs, but most of us don't have that set-up. So you send 3 with your main hammer/clear, 2 from a secondary spot, and 1 from the town you want to capture it from.

And you can always chief it from yourself if you capture it from the wrong town -- it just means you'll be building a replacement chief somewhere.
    MokMonster does not support, condone or agree with anything written in this post.
    Any suggestions to the contrary are purely unintentional.
    (Unless you agreed with it -- then I totally said it)

What about reining the village you just conquered? Obviously you want to secure the village as soon as possible after the final chief lands but won't this be a dead giveaway to the person getting chiefed to know where to send his reins or do you just send fake reins to all the villages landing shortly after the other fake attempts?

Fake reins work. They also work to make an opponent think you are chiefing when you really aren't. Another setup I have used is to build a raiding/anvil village (praet/ei or phalanx/tt). I use that as my final chief wave. Also remember if you are going to put reins in a village, you will need to feed them. Since merchants heeding to only one target would also be a give away, you have to fake those too.

S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Great info. Thanks

Will my CP be used when i conquer my own village?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubilog View Post
    No, it won't as your number of villages remain the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubilog View Post
    Nope.
    And you don't even need to have enough CP to expand to be able to self-conquer.
    MokMonster does not support, condone or agree with anything written in this post.

If a wave of chiefs from Village A conquers the village and I have another chief landing in a different wave from Village B will the chief from Village B conquer the village or will there be the possibly of him dying due to Village A's wave of troops reining the village after the chiefing?

Quote Originally Posted by cjk164 View Post
    If a wave of chiefs from Village A conquers the village and I have another chief landing in a different wave from Village B will the chief from Village B conquer the village or will there be the possibly of him dying due to Village A's wave of troops reining the village after the chiefing?
    Both are possibilities, depending on the number of troops that were sent from each of Village A and B. If you chief with A (even though you weren't planning to), one chief from A disappears. All other troops in that attack stay as reins in the town (including any other chiefs, if you sent more than one in the attack). When village B's attack lands, a battle will occur. Deaths will happen both in your attacking and defending sides. If a chief from B is still alive, he will chief the village from A, then a chief from B will disappear and all his supporting troops will stay as reins.

If I chief a village that the previous owner settled a village from will that slot open if I zero the other village or if they delete?

Um... I had to read that a few times, use some punctuation next time.

I think you're saying:
    I chief a village with a used expansion slot. If I zero the town settled from the town I just chiefed, will that re-open the expansion slot?

And the answer is:
    yes.

You can also chief (or have an ally chief) the other town from a 3rd town to move the slot from your recently chiefed town to the 3rd town.

Haha... yeah that sentence sucked. Thanks.

Will the level of the structures be reduced if I chief my own village with lower pop?

No. It's not a check against village pop, it is a check against account pop. So your population won't be lower than your population .

S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Thanks for the advice. I successfully cleared, conquered, supplied and reined my first active village today in a 5 second window.

Unless its changed, racial also makes a big difference. Roman Senators reduces the most loyalty followed by Teuton then Gaul.

7 should be standard for Gaul's especially when you're higher pop.

I've been in cases where even with parties, I wouldn't of chiefed if I had sent 6

I think I've seen a pair of my chief reduce around 32 loyalty that's with a big party - the other account was obviously lower pop.

Gaul chiefs aren't any weaker than Teuton chiefs, and the minimums are the same for all 3 tribes, so if you are looking at worst case scenarios they are all even. Something people tend to forget on active targets is they may be throwing a big party also.
    At max morale bonus, if only the attacker throws a party 6 chiefs is enough 100% of the time. But if the defender throws a party also, that drops to 1.4% for Teuton/Gaul, or 58% for Romans. Even 7 chiefs isn't enough for 100% guarantee in that case (though it's close).
    Of course T4 added a new wrinkle, since you can run your villages up to 125% loyalty, which can make 6 chiefs fail even with no morale bonus.

A good tool to play with...

http://travian.kirilloid.ru/conq.php
    Hai, I'm Jarwa

Many achievements. 10+ year player.

Best achievements:
    #1 attacker - s5r3 Constellation
    #3 Attacker, builder of 3 EGH's, leader, and WW winner of s3r8 - Jarwa / TL;DR