Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chiefing

Default Chiefing

So a lot of guides recommend to send 7 chiefs on a chief attempt to guarantee the chiefing attempt is successful on the first pass. My question is since most guides recommend 3 chiefs from hammer, 2 from villa B and 2 from villa C, what do you do with the other chief in Villa C after the other chief in the village is used up? Are you building 2 expansions slots and 2 chiefs in each village you want to conquer with just to get 1 village or are you utilizing that single chief for another attempt later on?

This embassy hath a pleasant seat. Principal Brian Lewis's Avatar

7 is usually to many, I always send 5-6. I'm sure Table spoon will be able to answer you better though.

Quote Originally Posted by cjk164 View Post
    So a lot of guides recommend to send 7 chiefs on a chief attempt to guarantee the chiefing attempt is successful on the first pass. My question is since most guides recommend 3 chiefs from hammer, 2 from villa B and 2 from villa C, what do you do with the other chief in Villa C after the other chief in the village is used up? Are you building 2 expansions slots and 2 chiefs in each village you want to conquer with just to get 1 village or are you utilizing that single chief for another attempt later on?
    Always use kirilloids to figure out the exact number you can send(varies depending on population and big parties): http://travian.kirilloid.ru/conq.php. You can chief an inactive with that single chief, or if you have multiple one chief villages you can use one to chief one of your own villages to get 2 back in another village.

My duty is to the bribe!. polaris's Avatar

I always send 5-6. Seven is overkill as Gotmilk said.

I use the second chief later for another chiefing, or for purposes of self-chiefing.
    S4R1 - polaris
    S6R2 - furysedge - {CD}
    S1R4 - Trogdor - 7RU
    S1R5 - Elmo

IRC:

Alright so even if it's 6 and you send 3-2-1 and land the attempt on the 5th chief what are you doing with that extra chief in villa B, just use on a different attempt and having to go at it 3-1-1-1?

Yes or you can self chief to open up 2 slots again.
    S4R1 - polaris
    S6R2 - furysedge - {CD}
    S1R4 - Trogdor - 7RU
    S1R5 - Elmo

IRC:

Unless you're Roman, 5 is too few. 6 is ok, if you're also throwing a big party from all villages. If not, seven is safer.
    I smash you!

Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    Just because I tell you something, doesn't make it true.

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Unless you're Roman, 5 is too few. 6 is ok, if you're also throwing a big party from all villages. If not, seven is safer.
    Disclaimer - I've never played roman so I could be wrong.... but...

According to the FAQ, Roman Senators lower 20-30% baseline. Any chiefing should be done in the presence of the large party anyway (+5%) and to be safe you assume the village being chiefed has a large party going too (-5%) then 5 should be fine under the worst circumstances. I can understand chiefing with 6 to be safe, by why would you ever need to chief with 7? The statistics say that even in the worst of cases 5 senators would be fine.
    S4R1 - polaris
    S6R2 - furysedge - {CD}
    S1R4 - Trogdor - 7RU
    S1R5 - Elmo

IRC:

This embassy hath a pleasant seat. Wren's Avatar

That number doesn't take into account population difference, which plays a role in conquerings.
    Retired.
    s3r2: Deakon - Nemesis/WFTW (winnarz!!) ...... s6r2: Anon - CD (lulz, failtrain)...... s1r4: Trogdor - 7RU

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    That number doesn't take into account population difference, which plays a role in conquerings.
    ah right. who woulda thought that the number guru would correct me in my incorrect numbers
    S4R1 - polaris
    S6R2 - furysedge - {CD}
    S1R4 - Trogdor - 7RU
    S1R5 - Elmo

IRC: