Thread: ????'s Guide to Duals

Default ????'s Guide to Duals

I posted this on the Travian.com forums a little over a year ago, and I was able to get good feedback there. Now a little over a year later, dueling hasn't changed much, if at all, and I am wanting to see what type of feedback i would get here at the Travian.us forums.

The original post is now gone; however, an exact copy was made at that time and posted in the .com Guides Forum here: http://forum.travian.com/showthread.php?t=123951

Duals

Many people here do not know what duals are. Duals are accounts that try to run 24/7 to raid, build armies and infrastructure. They may also have an important role in an alliance that may need to be on almost 24/7.

Finding a Good Dual

In order to find a good dual, you need to be experienced. You also should follow this simple guide:

Server you will be or are playing on:
    What your goals of the account are or will be (attackers, defenders, top 10 raiders, HammerÖect):
    What tribe you are or will be:
    What do you expect from your dual (time zone*, gold, experience, ect):
    What do you have to offer for your dual:
    How can a dual applicant get a hold of you (through forum, e-mail, ect.)

*I recommend using this guide to figure out what timezones you need. I will only go up to 3 duals:

1 dual = 12 hour difference between duals
    2 duals = 8 hour difference between duals
    3 duals = 6 hour difference between duals

If you use this guide, you will be able to find a dual with the qualities you need, and who knows, you may find a very good friend.

Many people also find duals from freinds on previous servers. This is the best way i beleive in finding a good dual. You are able to look at their experience on that server, and are able to befreind them a lot better then just finding one off of the forum.

Remember, once you get another player on the account, it is no longer "my" account; it is now "our" account. Now you are equal partners, not one of you being the sitter and one being the account.

Coordinating with Duals

In order to have a successful Dual account, it is best that you are working together for a common goal. Duals should talk at least once every 2 days to try to figure out what new things need to be done to the account. You then should be writing this down somewhere. I recommend the plus notebook, but if you donít have plus, a Word document, or a computer notebook would work just fine.

A good mindset is a good frame for the account. It works best when you do what is best for the account, not what you think is best. When you have to make a tough decision, don't do it by yourself, ask for an opinion of an outside source. Most likely it will be a good freind or alliance mate.

When you want to talk to Duals quickly, a lot of people usually send a message to themselfs. This also exchanges the ideas without going to an external chat, and it can also give you a reminder for later to do something.

It also helps when one of you logs out to leave a message on the account stating when you logged out. That way the other member of the account is able to play full time and not have to worry about village changing on him, ect.

Attacking with Duals

This is one of the most difficult parts. If you ever want to send multiple waves in a few seconds, this would work the best way. Each of you would do the following as shown Here, except only one of you will do the clear, and will start a slight second before the other person. You will then get even more waves per second with this method if done correctly.

Defending with Duals

To defend with Duals, it is best to have both duals try. Or if one has a bad internet connection, the other one will have to do it. It is called Sniping, it is when you try to get between the clear wave and the cat or chief waves. You will usually have a second to do this.

Split what you have to try to snipe the cat or chief waves. Usually only a few thousand troops will due, so if you have 6000 troops, split it into two parts and each will get 3000 troops to try to snipe. You will then have to time the troops just right to make it within the 1 second deadline. It becomes a better chance when two people do it as you have a greater percentage of getting it just right. If done correctly, it should show up as:

10:00:00 - clear wave
    10:00:00 Ė snipes (they will arrive second as they were sent to the village second)
    10:00:01 - cat waves

Most likely, you will miss a few of the first cat waves as they are the same second as the clear, but you should get the last.

If one person gets before the time, call them back or they are most likely going to be killed. If after, just let them go as they may reach in time to give more support to the rest of the defensive troops (if more waves are following up).
    Problems with Duals

Many people have problems with duals every once in a while. Donít get all mad at them and kick them out of the account. It just gives you a bad reputation. You should talk to them first, tell them what you donít like, and how to fix it. Most likely, your problems will be fixed; however, if you do not fix your problems, it is best to kick them out, and find another one. As it is not best for the duals to be fighting like that, it just puts the account behind in most cases.
    Retired as of 10/13/14 after 7 and a half years of playing. Good luck to those who continue to play.
    us2; Round 6 - Adjudicator (Getter) (BACON) (Lost)
    us3; Round 2 - stevo (Getter) (QoD) (Lost)
    us3; Round 3 - stemem (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us3; Round 4 - BliZZarD (Getter) (Delicious) (lost)
    us3; Round 5 - Ice Lillies (Getter) (DoS) (Semper DoS)
    us3; Round 7 - Revolt (Getter) (SI) (Won)
    us8; Round 1 - Heavenly Wrath (Getter) (TNT) (won)
    com3; Round ? - General Mills (Getter) (ReD DoS/TWD) (Lost)

Quote Originally Posted by ???? View Post

Coordinating with Duals

In order to have a successful Dual account, it is best that you are working together for a common goal. Duals should talk at least once every 2 days to try to figure out what new things need to be done to the account. You then should be writing this down somewhere. I recommend the plus notebook, but if you don’t have plus, a Word document, or a computer notebook would work just fine.

When you want to talk to Duals quickly, a lot of people usually send a message to themselfs. This also exchanges the ideas without going to an external chat, and it can also give you a reminder for later to do something.

It also helps when one of you logs out to leave a message on the account stating when you logged out. That way the other member of the account is able to play full time and not have to worry about village changing on him, ect.
    Skype helps a lot, plus it saves your conversations with your duals And if they're not on Skype, then they're not on..
    *somethingsomethinglegaldisclaimer*
    Modzing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    I'm not really a girl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    No, Flossie was naughty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    I am feeling naughty
    Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    Mmmmm, good enough to make me want to stop being a good girl.
    ****It's fortress
    Quote Originally Posted by Woden View Post
    ^ Note the lack of capitalization.

Note that timezone deltas often change by two hours when you and you dual are in different hemispheres. One player moves into Daylight Savings time and the other player moves out.

Just a general tip for sniping cat waves: Each Anvil villa should have 2 cats + 2 rams. This gives a single player 4 chances to get an Inf anvil to land on the second. For Example (for a Gaul).
    Send 1 cat + ?000 phalanx. If that fails to get the correct landing time, cancel and...
    Send 1 ram + ?000 phalanx. If that fails to get the correct landing time, cancel and...
    Send 1 sword + ?000 phalanx. If that fails to get the correct landing time, cancel and...
    Send ?000 phalanx. If that fails to get the correct landing time, you're out of luck.

(If you had Druids instead you would have more chances)

When you recall the reins always recall the slow troop by itself. This allows you get you Anvil ready for the next snipe much more quickly.