Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Guide: How to Build a World Wonder

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MokMonster View Post
    I suppose if you wanted you could go through all of the rein reports and look for the false reins and then search based on that information... but I don't think anyone actually looks at those reports considering that most WW have hundreds of incoming at any given time.
    I do
    It's not really that hard, when you look at the rein reports most of the names are quickly identifiable as your allies. While there may be a few hundred rein reports each day, its just the same people sending reins every day.
    Of course it is also often the same people sending "joke" reins every day, which makes it fairly easy to find them and send them home.

    It's a worthwhile activity, not just to get rid of the offense, but you'll also find opponents who send 100 phalanx. Those are there to get "scout reports" on your defense. You can look at the percentage of troops lost for a Natar attack to get a rough estimate of how much defense is in each of your opponents wonders (I've also landed my hero 1 min before a natar attack on an opponents wonder to do the same thing).

    And while reading the RP is a pain, there are parsers available that you can paste a copy of your RP into that make it much faster.

    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MokMonster View Post
    but I don't think anyone actually looks at those reports considering that most WW have hundreds of incoming at any given time.
    I did.

    + we sent false reinf back so fast that usually we just could search after the number of troops.
    Bridge is like Sex: You need either a good partner or a good hand

  3. #23

    Default

    The closer you get to level 100 the less fussy you should be about what troops you accept.

    Once you reach level 90 even catas + rams are worth it for defence...

    100 catas = 1000K defence ... OK so it's only the same as 20 phalanx and they eat more wheat - but at this stage every little helps.

    Troops starve, protecting the WW is more important than keeping every troop alive.

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stone. View Post
    Once you reach level 90 even catas + rams are worth it for defence...

    100 catas = 1000K defence ... OK so it's only the same as 20 phalanx and they eat more wheat - but at this stage every little helps.

    Troops starve, protecting the WW is more important than keeping every troop alive.
    The problem is 100 cats eat 300 wheat per hour. When troops starve, the largest group starves first (likely phalanx or praets). If you already have starving troops you are going to starve an additional 10 phalanx every hour (300 wheat worth). You are staving 900 defense every hour to feed 7000 defense, after 8 hours the cats have killed more defense then they added.

    Now obviously you should be no where near constant starvation, and hopefully you won't get 8 hours of starvation during the 67 hours it takes to go from 90 to 100. So maybe it will increase your total defense, but I don't think the "kitchen sink" approach should go as far as troops that are only ~10 defense per wheat.

    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

  5. #25
    Philosopher Comrade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Commune
    Posts
    4,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    The problem is 100 cats eat 300 wheat per hour. When troops starve, the largest group starves first (likely phalanx or praets). If you already have starving troops you are going to starve an additional 10 phalanx every hour (300 wheat worth). You are staving 900 defense every hour to feed 7000 defense, after 8 hours the cats have killed more defense then they added.

    Now obviously you should be no where near constant starvation, and hopefully you won't get 8 hours of starvation during the 67 hours it takes to go from 90 to 100. So maybe it will increase your total defense, but I don't think the "kitchen sink" approach should go as far as troops that are only ~10 defense per wheat.
    Does this mean it's a viable approach to build 100-200 cats out of multiple villages and try to hide them in a WW defense?
    Remember, this is an online forum. I have just as much poo to fling as you do.

    http://forum.travian.us/attachment.p...1&d=1247465912

    Quote Originally Posted by MokMonster View Post
    So if you can suck a golf bar through a garden hose and are willing to do so for the biggest/safest/most-survivalist man around, you will most likely live as long as he will.

  6. #26
    Consul Sirveri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    6,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
    Does this mean it's a viable approach to build 100-200 cats out of multiple villages and try to hide them in a WW defense?
    I was seriously considering doing this. However I figured that the enemy would catch on and simply send them back. Then again they probably had incoming reins all the time, so maybe not! If you do it you'd probably want to wait until the hammers start to drop, then the opposition will likely focus their defense in a specific wonder and make it easier to sneak in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshyyy View Post
    There is some serious misquoting potential above.
    The rep system should be abolished.

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
    Does this mean it's a viable approach to build 100-200 cats out of multiple villages and try to hide them in a WW defense?
    If there are 3 million wheat worth of defenders in a wonder, even starving 30k only lowers the defense by 1%. You'd probably get more benefit from your cats targeting random wonder feeders.

    But if you do plan to hide troops in an enemy wonder, your success chance will go up if:
    1) You rename your village to match an enemy anvil village. The title of the rein report is "Village Name reinforces Wonder Village". The wonder holder will regularly see rein reports from the same villages, so copying one of those names may trick them into deleting the report without reading it.
    2) As you mentioned, send small numbers from multiple villages. If I saw 12 catapults in the wonder, the first thing I would search for in the RP for the number 12. That doesn't work if they are there in 3 sets of 4.

    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •