Thread: Using gold Efficiently

Default Using gold Efficiently

Ahh gold. What a wonderful and useful thing it is.
    I am going write on how to get the most out of your gold. I find this important because these days getting money to buy gold is difficult so you need to make each coin last.

Who should buy gold?

I will say this now. I am not trying to discourage people from buying gold, but some people farms/noobs just donít need it.

Gold is best for active players who are online for hours at a time. Especially dual accounts. Heavy raiders are the best. You know all those top 50ish players? Well most of them use gold. Depending on the server even the top 100 are all using gold. People with Travian smarts are the best ones to get gold.

You really don't want to spend money on a game then let your account go inactive do you?

But noobs buying gold can make for some entertaining times. Last round USx a top player was zeroing someone but that player had a multi account and kept using gold and res from the other account to build up which made for some funny responses from the attacker :P

Dual Accounts:

Now I should also add this . . . be careful who you dual with. It can be a pain when you dual with someone who doesnít contribute to the buying of the gold but uses it without thinking.

It is also best to never accept dualing offers from the forum that specifically mention you having to buy the gold. It is unlikely that they will use it wisely and often times people have been tricked into buying gold then being locked out of the account.

Remember this is your hard earned money and you just donít give people money that you donít trust.

While having a dual can be a great experience, it can also be a very bad one that costs you real money in the form of gold theft.

What is gold theft and how does it happen? Gold theft is the diversion of gold to accounts not belonging to the original account owner. It can happen in a couple different ways, for example:

Player A has an account on a server that is nearing endgame. He decides to take on a dual, or an additional dual, to help with the increase in activity. He accepts Player B into his account as a dual. After the game ends, Player B snags the IGM that gives the gold transfer link, and transfers all the gold to his own account elsewhere.

-or-

Player C has an account and decides she needs a dual. So she finds Player D, and at some point, Player D deletes the account and transfers the gold to his own account elsewhere.

There have also been cases where a dual comes onto an account and spends down all the owner's gold and kills off all the troops, and sometimes even sends the MH nasty messages to get the account banned.
    Plus Account:

I just love having Plus activate. Double build on the buildings (Triple if you are a Roman) and you can have two upgrades going in each the blacksmith, armoury and academy.

Building Queue:

I have found the best way to make use of the plus account being activated is when you are building, build things that donít take a lot of time to complete for when you are online. Before going offline queue up things that usually take 1.5hour+ to build and have things running.

Links:

Itís great having the links on the side of your page. Fast and convenient

Some things to link to is:

- Marketplace
    - Barracks/stable/Siege Workshop
    - Notebook (saves you a few clicks)
    - Kirilloid combat simulator
    - Travilog

Insta-build:

Insta build is great. If you really have the gold to use you can get a village to 300+ pop on an enemies wall in no time.

But at the times I have had gold in the past I have seen the some sitters really didnít know how to use it wisely.

Insta build is best used in conjunction with Plus. You can have up to 8 things (9 if youíre a roman) finished in a snap. 2 buildings (3 with Roman) 2 blacksmith & armoury upgrades and 2 academy researches going. So when you go to insta build make sure you have as much queued as possible before pressing that button.

BUT it is not worth pressing that button if you do not have any resource to queue stuff up after that.

Always make sure you have the resource Ready to use after pressing the button otherwise it would have been a waste of 2 gold.

NPCing:

NPCing is great especially if you have large hammers to feed. When used in conjuection with http://travian-npc-calculator.com/ you can queue up the most troops possible. Or it can help you save time waiting for a specific res to build up for a certain building.

When you NPC make sure your warehouse and granary are as full as possible to get the most out of your NPCing experience.

Resource Bonus:

The 25% resource bonus is always good. And when possible I have all of them activated. But for the limited gold users it is best to activate the resource that your tribe needs the most. But with all of them activate the more you have to trade with.

Gold Club:

Gold Club you pay once 50 gold to get in and it lasts the entire round. To be honest with you I find the gold club to be a waste of my gold. But thatís just me. And I cannot say much about it.

You can set up the evasion settings when needed. I would suggest only doing this when you have settlers to defend and no Gaul friend to hold them for you. Cheifs as well, it is not cool spending all that res (and gold possibly) to have it just die.

I know there is more you can do with gold, but in my opinion what I put down is the best use of gold

You could also just say:
    1. Use your gold wisely
    2. Don't get unknown duals.
    3. Get everything, besides gold club (this is referring to the thread you made).

What you're doing is giving your opinion in what's best to spend your gold on and give it a little explanation.
    What you should do is, get some more o' that experience, and learn in what periods of the game you should spend how much on what etc.

For instance:
    Don't get the 25% production rates when you're just out of the beginners protection, that minor resources won't be missed.

Great tips, I've been needing this for a while.

However I thought Gold Club cost 100 gold at the very beginning? One thing I find very useful about it is the 15c finder.
    Call me Walt~
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane's Apprentice View Post
    Travian is like a black hole. It sucks you in and there is no escape from it. Don't try to resist and you won't feel as much pain.
    us2r2: ultimateman13 (SIM-?) us2r3: ultimateman13 (Classy) us5r2: ortega3 -dual- (ROBRP)

Quote Originally Posted by ultimateman13 View Post
    Great tips, I've been needing this for a while.

However I thought Gold Club cost 100 gold at the very beginning? One thing I find very useful about it is the 15c finder.
    It might be 100 for a slow server. I am purely a speed server player so my numbers go by what is on there

Quote Originally Posted by bekae View Post
    Gold Club:

Gold Club you pay once 50 gold to get in and it lasts the entire round. To be honest with you I find the gold club to be a waste of my gold. But thatís just me. And I cannot say much about it.
    Gold club is not a waste in the long run if you plan on using the 3x merchant feature. Its nice to be able to send what ever resources 3x during the night from village a to village b.

Also building que saved me an untold amount of sleep during the wonder race on s1 last round. Our wonder team would make sure all of the wheat for the night was being sent and I would set up the building que for 8 hrs and go to bed and not have to worry if a sitter was logged in to make sure the next build was going.

You can also set up merchants to send at a pre determined time with trade routes. Nothing worse then having to get up to feed your hammer while its walking!

For the aggressive player the gold club is worth the 100 gold it cost just in trade routes alone!
    The power of Murdok......
    wow i love that Murdok guy he ain't even a Mh anymore but i am still scared he will ban me lol

... Reputation and respect are earned, not given, no matter how big your ban-stick may be. He ain't no Murdok.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdok View Post
    Gold club is not a waste in the long run if you plan on using the 3x merchant feature. Its nice to be able to send what ever resources 3x during the night from village a to village b.

Also building que saved me an untold amount of sleep during the wonder race on s1 last round. Our wonder team would make sure all of the wheat for the night was being sent and I would set up the building que for 8 hrs and go to bed and not have to worry if a sitter was logged in to make sure the next build was going.

You can also set up merchants to send at a pre determined time with trade routes. Nothing worse then having to get up to feed your hammer while its walking!

For the aggressive player the gold club is worth the 100 gold it cost just in trade routes alone!
    Hmm. . .I like the game more then I should and I personally prefer getting up and doing an account check and sending wheat where it is needed. Even my normal everyday schedule doesn't keep me away from my accounts for more then 2 hours. So that is why to me the gold club isn't all that useful

Nice guide

Villager

Quote Originally Posted by bekae View Post
    Player A has an account on a server that is nearing endgame. He decides to take on a dual, or an additional dual, to help with the increase in activity. He accepts Player B into his account as a dual. After the game ends, Player B snags the IGM that gives the gold transfer link, and transfers all the gold to his own account elsewhere.
    If I remember correctly this is done with an email to the account's attached email address. So unless you're giving away the password to the email address you signed up on this shouldn't be an issue. Transferring the account email address isn't something you just snap your fingers and do.

On the other hand if you're dualing an account and it's not your email address attached to it you should think about who you're working with.

[edit]
    Just wanted to say I love me some gold club.
    [/edit]
    us1r2 - bigkev
    us3r2 - anosumo (for the first 1/2) | amb dual (for the last 1/2)
    us8r1 - bigkev
    us3r3 - turd ferguson
    us3r4 - bludex

us6 - minor threat

Quote Originally Posted by anosumo View Post
    If I remember correctly this is done with an email to the account's attached email address. So unless you're giving away the password to the email address you signed up on this shouldn't be an issue. Transferring the account email address isn't something you just snap your fingers and do.
    When you delete an account the gold message goes to email. But if an account lasts through endgame there is both an email and an IGM.

S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker