Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guide: How to set up tabbed attacks

Default Guide: How to set up tabbed attacks

New way to set up Attack Tabs

This guide is for those offense minded players that don't know this already.
    I always use to right click and open new tab to set up my catapult waves using the Fire Fox offline method. I have come to find out a much easier method of opening up such links. Using simple URL manipulation, I can set up multiple fakes in the matter of a few seconds, and set up multiple catapult waves in a matter of minutes.

Alright, you all know the original link
    Http://(yourserver).travian.us/a2b.php
    or the send troops page.

The following is what you need to have after the url above:
    ?c=3&z=&t2=100&t8=100
    Ok, so explanation time.

The 'c=3' is the attack type. By having it set to 3, your page loads with the type "ATTACK" selected, rather than reinforcement.

The 'z=(village id here)' is the target village. You can find the village id by looking at the village you want to hit, and taking the 'd=728752'(random numbers I selected for the example) from that url.

The 't2 and t8' are troop types and the number to be sent. If you are Gaul, the link would set up tabs with 100 Swords and 100 catapults.

Here is a list of all the t#'s for the respective tribes:

Teutons:
    t1=Clubswingers
    t2=Spearmen
    t3=Axemen
    t4=Scouts
    t5=Paladins
    t6=Teutonic Knights
    t7=Rams
    t8=Catapults
    t9=Chiefs

Romans:
    t1=Legionaires
    t2=Pratorians
    t3=Imperians
    t4=Equites Legati
    t5=Equites Imperatoris
    t6=Equites Ceasaris
    t7=Rams
    t8=Fire Catapults
    t9=Senators

Gaul:
    t1=Phalanx
    t2=Swordsmen
    t3=Pathfinders
    t4=Theatates Thunder
    t5=Druid Riders
    t6=Haeduans
    t7=Rams
    t8=Catapults
    t9=Chiefs

So, for a teuton to set up catapult waves with 100 Clubswingers and 100 catapults each, one would just have to bookmark this link:
    http://(yourserver).travian.us/a2b.php?c=3&z=(villageID)&t1=100&t8=100
    Bookmark the link, and put it on your bookmark toolbar. While using Firefox, hold down the Ctrl key, and click on the bookmark in the bookmark bar at the top about 20+ times. Remember to set your clear wave up as well in the front, as you don't want it to be 100 clubs and 100 catapults.
    This method is also good for sending multiple fakes at villages.

Then, the rest is self explanatory. You have to hit "ok" on the tabs, select your targets for the catapults, and then use the Firefox offline tab method, found here. Except, you can just skip directly to putting your catapult targets in, then going offline and sending the waves.

I hope you all find this partially useful.

Regards,
    Garinil/Rawring

NOTE: Images may come soon.

Nice work.

So basically it's a way to open up multiple attack tabs with the troops already selected?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
    Nice work.

So basically it's a way to open up multiple attack tabs with the troops already selected?
    Correct. All you have to do is hit 'OK' and select the catapult targets. This will prevent you from having to enter '100' in the same spot over and over again.

Regards,
    Garinil/Rawring

Quote Originally Posted by Rawring View Post
    Correct. All you have to do is hit 'OK' and select the catapult targets. This will prevent you from having to enter '100' in the same spot over and over again.

Regards,
    Garinil/Rawring
    Exceptional anti-arthritis method.

This will save a lot of time in the future, thanks
    trav

us4r2: stars and bars (PWNY)
    us8r1: Nette (TNT)
    us4r3: Flash Gordon (PEWBA) <-- deleted, moved to Juggernaut (PEWBA)
    us4r4: I want to pee on you

Quote Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
    This will save a lot of time in the future, thanks
    The best thing about this, is that you can prepare the links days in advance, then use them when you are ready. Just bookmark them with the separate names. Then if you have only like 2 minutes in between sending your reals/fakes to another village, it won't take you 5 minutes to set it all up. By hitting ctrl + tab, you can cycle through all of the tabs that you just set up, and quickly hit he "ok" button, because most if not all of them should be in the same place on all of the tabs.
    After I send my reals, it usually takes me a minute and a half to get my next set of fakes set up.

Regards,
    Garinil/Rawring

The best thing about this, is that you can prepare the links days in advance, then use them when you are ready. Just bookmark them with the separate names. Then if you have only like 2 minutes in between sending your reals/fakes to another village, it won't take you 5 minutes to set it all up. By hitting ctrl + tab, you can cycle through all of the tabs that you just set up, and quickly hit he "ok" button, because most if not all of them should be in the same place on all of the tabs.
    After I send my reals, it usually takes me a minute and a half to get my next set of fakes set up.

Regards,
    Garinil/Rawring
    And naming/editing the bookmarks doesn't sound incredibly hard.

Regards,
    Garinil/Rawring
    Well what I usually do is setup the waves on each village in a seperate FF window. So, if I'm faking two villages and sending reals to another, I'll have 3 windows already setup with the fakes and real cat waves ready to go. Then I do the FF offline method as quick as possible until everything is launched.

But I definitely like your way better
    trav

us4r2: stars and bars (PWNY)
    us8r1: Nette (TNT)
    us4r3: Flash Gordon (PEWBA) <-- deleted, moved to Juggernaut (PEWBA)
    us4r4: I want to pee on you

Quote Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
    Well what I usually do is setup the waves on each village in a seperate FF window. So, if I'm faking two villages and sending reals to another, I'll have 3 windows already setup with the fakes and real cat waves ready to go. Then I do the FF offline method as quick as possible until everything is launched.

But I definitely like your way better
    Ah, you see, I have a really crappy computer. So the more windows I have, the more lag there is. So, my method makes it a lot quicker and easier for me.

Regards,
    Garinil/Rawring

Past servers:
    thereter of Flock from UK server 1 Round 3 and thereter/Pond of thAC0/QoD from US server 3, Round 2
    thereter of Flock usx round 8: Part of the hits on Hydro: My first and last endgame hammer.
    4655 @ 1000JAN11 EST