Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Travian for the Android

Pondering the perplexities of life. Tracker's Avatar

Default Travian for the Android

Hey, I was trying to find a Travian app for my Doid Eris in the marketplace but it came up with zero results.. could anyone help me find what I did wrong or... let me know if there isn't on at all.
    Massive quotes gave me a headache.

Selling silks, spices, and spam! WILD MONKEYS's Avatar

There's no travian apps, just use the browser on the droid.
    Last edited by WILD MONKEYS; 07-18-2010 at 02:31 AM.
    US3R3-Judas(Nemesis)(well, some of the server)

Rep signature - ~WM

USXR8-snogabe58(SnoElite)

Now, where's my pitchfork? Scott_667's Avatar

They need to make a mobile version I know it would help me when I'm without a sitter.

It works fine just using the regular browser on the droid. Any travian app would probably be illegal, and would likely get you banned.

If it doesn't work with your browser, try downloading and experimenting with different browsers and different versions of browsers. You'll probably eventually find one that's sufficient for at least basic uses. I found that Opera Mobile works well with my Blackberry Pearl, but only one of the older versions...I think it's version 4.2.

Now, where's my pitchfork? Scott_667's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ladygaga View Post
    If it doesn't work with your browser, try downloading and experimenting with different browsers and different versions of browsers. You'll probably eventually find one that's sufficient for at least basic uses. I found that Opera Mobile works well with my Blackberry Pearl, but only one of the older versions...I think it's version 4.2.
    you should double check that I need to find something so it will work on my pearl

Ok, thanks guys. I've been using my browser but I remember somewhere reading that there was a droid app for it (can't remember where) so when I checked it was blank and I was confused.

This embassy hath a pleasant seat. MokMonster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
    Ok, thanks guys. I've been using my browser but I remember somewhere reading that there was a droid app for it (can't remember where) so when I checked it was blank and I was confused.
    Nope.
    There have been suggestions for an app for the droid and the iphone, etc., but the answer is always "no."
    Simple reasons:
    1 - it is a browser game. Even on a computer you have no 'app' so the interface is just the browser.
    2 - the cost to develop an app (let alone 1 app for each phone platform) is prohibitive and there's no actual money to be gained from it. Do you want to pay an extra $5-10/mo to use your phone w/ Travian? Will several thousand other people also do so?
    MokMonster does not support, condone or agree with anything written in this post.
    Any suggestions to the contrary are purely unintentional.
    (Unless you agreed with it -- then I totally said it)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_667 View Post
    you should double check that I need to find something so it will work on my pearl
    Yup, it's 4.2. Go to m.opera.com, click the link for "other download options," click "Opera Mini 4 for Blackberry" and you will be able to download it on the next page. The site should auto-detect that you are on a Pearl (as it did for mine), but you may have to tell it what phone you're using at some point.

It's a little slow and kinda tricky. It took me a while to figure out what all I could do with it. With the slow load time it's not sufficient for timing attacks of any sort or browsing maps. Other than that, you can pretty much do anything if you are patient enough!

Any suggestions as to what type of internet would be of best use for the Eris?