Thread: Problem with Chrome browser

Default Problem with Chrome browser

So the other day, something changed on my PC, and now when I try to use Chrome to send multiple waves by setting up attacks in multiple tabs, and then cycling through them while using ctrl-tab, every time I click on the Ok button to send an attack while holding Ctrl, it opens a new tab.

This does not happen on my other computer running Chrome.

Furthermore, FireFox (which I just downloaded yesterday, as a workaround) is now logging me out literally every time I click on an action within Travian (no, it's not a sitter or a dual logging in!).

Anyone have any experience with either of these problems?

Sir, your piece du resistance is ready. martyd816's Avatar
    In a blackhole at the center of the Milky Way galaxy

Have you tried clearing your temporary internet files?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    Close but wrong! The S5 MH IS Chuck Norris! He has but one troop - his Hero, who round house kicks hammers and anvils both!
    The writer is obviously suspicious of cheating because Chuck Norris is above all.

Quote Originally Posted by Marruk View Post
    Furthermore, FireFox (which I just downloaded yesterday, as a workaround) is now logging me out literally every time I click on an action within Travian (no, it's not a sitter or a dual logging in!).

Anyone have any experience with either of these problems?
    When you installed Firefox you told it to copy the settings from your other browser. This gives it bad cookies for Travian. Clear your Travian cookies and it should work normally.
    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift)
    S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift)

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    When you installed Firefox you told it to copy the settings from your other browser. This gives it bad cookies for Travian. Clear your Travian cookies and it should work normally.
    That seems to have fixed FF... thanks!

I'd still rather use Chrome, though, as I do most of my browsing with it. I wish i knew why it seems to have suddenly started interpreting that Ok button as a link instead of a control, and only on that one PC.

This embassy hath a pleasant seat. MokMonster's Avatar

FF is better than chrome (at least for me).
    It renders Travian pages much faster, causing fewer lag-delay issues when sending lots of raids or a multi-wave attack.
    MokMonster does not support, condone or agree with anything written in this post.
    Any suggestions to the contrary are purely unintentional.
    (Unless you agreed with it -- then I totally said it)

I agree FF is better for sending waves, but I like Chrome for just about everything else (particularly non-Travian related browsing). And, when it is working properly, it is perfectly adequate for sending waves (I honestly don't remember the last time I had anyone successfully insert on my attacks).