Guide Forum Table of Contents
- Manual: Full breakdown of game mechanics and functionality. Not much strategy.
- help.travian.us: Tables of costs/strengths/requirements of all troops and buildings. Most everything about how the game works, in rough, translated-from-German English.
- Wren's FAQ: Quick answers to many basic questions.
- Nichts Beginner's Guide and FAQ: Good place to start. Friendly and readable, though out of date in a number of places.
- Beginner's Guide to Travian!: The original beginner's guide. Wonderful, if outdated images drive this very useful guide. Also contains a glossary and FAQ.
- Quests and Rewards: Brief overview of the quests, in order. Good through T3.5. Manual has a better overview.
- New Pushing Protection System: Details on allowed resource transfers.
- Anti-Farming Guide: An absolute must read for all players.
- Basic IRC Guide: Getting started with Internet Relay Chat? Read this.
- Gold Transfer FAQ: Need to move purchased gold? This has your answers.
- Heroes: An Explanation: Everything about how heroes work.
- Guide to Hero Selection: Not sure which unit to make your hero? This'll show you which.
- Nailzz's Teuton Guide: My favorite guide. The numbers are calibrated for speed servers and most gold-users disagree with the capital choice, but the type-A mentality can't be beat.
- Teuton Guide: Evil-Jake's isn't a good as Naillz's but it's worth a read for those looking to be aggressive players.
- Teuton Guide (Speed server): Basic, but truthful.
- T's Guide for Romans: Must-read, breaks down pace and standard strategy for Romans.
- Sleeping Bear's Guide To Romans (3.5): Good points about the power of the Horse Drinking Pool. However, most of the other analysis is off.
- Hugglebear's Guide to Huggling (Gaul style): Epic guide for aggressive gaul play. Wonderful strategy.
- Gaul Guide: Great guide for Gauls that doesn't depend on raiding for success.
- Why Trappers ARE Useful: Short and sweet.
- azure's farming guide: Basic overview of farming at each point in a server. Read it, then develop your own strategy over and above.
- Catapult Wave Splitting Guide (micro-reining): Nearly everyone will have to do this at some point, read this guide.
- Guide to Using Catapults: Simply how to compose proper attacks.
- Tacitus’s Guide to Sending Many Waves Quickly: Details the Firefox work offline method. This is the best way to send many catapult waves quickly.
- Erik's Efficient Sim Guide to Villa 2: No-raid to village two. Read this to get an understanding of starter culture and resource production.
- Ghost Hammer Guide: Roughly right, hopefully an improved version is coming.
- Leadership, Politics & Propaganda 101: Required reading. Great breakdown of how politics work in-game.
- Behind Closed Doors: Travian and Espionage: Spies! Read the guide, be careful with your information.
- Advanced IRC Guide: Just what it sounds like. Use this as a reference to run/operate your own channel.
- The Beginners Guide to the End Game: Useful starter information about Natars and the WW race.
- The Complete Guide to the Endgame: As the title says, it's all the information you could want about how the WW race works.
- How to Build a World Wonder: Very to the point, this guide provides information about how to manage the WW village and wonder build.
- Combat System: Formulas: Kirilloid's amazing, ultra-thorough overview of the combat system. Read it so you know how things are working.
- Travian Calculations & Formulae: Formulae, unit analyses, and lots of math.
- How attackers can die when there are no defenders: Title says it all. Same information is in the Combat System: Formulas thread, but this one is focused more tightly.
- How to change your registered email address: Title says it all, plus some handy pictures.
- Gold Transfer FAQ: How to move gold from one account to the next. Must-read for gold buyers.
- IGM BB Code Guide: Breakdown of all the IGM formatting options.
- Forum Rules: The rules.
- Forums Overview and Guide: Just in case you need a bit more than the descriptions.
- Jacana's guide to intelligent posting.: Vital guidelines for posting properly.
- Guide To Creating an Alliance Analysis/Overview: Great guide for anyone looking to make their own server Alliance analysis.
- Someoneelse2's Guide to Reputation: Good guide to the highly rewarding and contentious reputation system.
- T3.5 Changelog: Official release.
- T3.5 Graphic Packs Information: How the graphics packs are structured.
- Information on Artifacts for T3.5: Official release about artifacts.
- Artifacts: More comprehensible overview of artifacts.
- T3.6 Changelog: Official release.
- Avi's Guide to T3.6 Features: Full description of all the new T3.6 features.