Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Erik's Efficient Sim Guide to Villa 2

Default Erik's Efficient Sim Guide to Villa 2

Google Doc of spreadsheet to assist with NPCing and checking the math.
    [note: If you ever have a discrepancy between the spreadsheet and the build order, go with the spreadsheet. It has numbers backing it up]

This is a guide for someone who wants to sim to their second village without having to raid at all. With the quests it is possible to do this in a very reasonable amount of time so long as you don’t get distracted from your main objective. Get fields for resources to power up your economy as quickly as possible.

If you just want to skip to the meat of this guide, Below I will lay out the build order to efficiently take you from spawn to your second villa via pure simming after these walls of text.

This guide assumes the following things:
    You are playing as a Gaul.
    You use Travian Plus.
    You use the % resource bonuses.
    You are willing to use the NPC merchant occasionally.

Travian Plus is recommended (helps for the queueing and checking how long things take to build) and, again %resource bonuses are mandatory for the expectations of this guide. I tried to keep the NPCing of resources reasonable (you only need 7 times in the first 9 days) by building organically (clay-wood-iron-wheat) so that resources balance out pretty well.

Also either using Gold Club of sitting for someone who has Gold Club is recommended for finding a good cropper site for your capital/second village. Since you aren't going to settle sooner than 3 weeks in, it is likely that the really good spots (150% and 125% 15c's near the center) are going to be taken already. It is nice to be able to keep tabs on multiple settling site locations so you can track who goes where, just in case you want to pick a fight with them over a spot later (say if they are slow growing after settling, or if they exhibit some other weakness, or if you are just bloodthirsty like me).

When simming, there is one tribe that stands head and shoulders above the rest. Gauls have the best merchants, best crannies, and most balanced defense unit (who is also the cheapest... I call the phalanx "the maceman of defense"), along with early game intimidation factor of the trapper and the least expensive settlers as icing on that cake. This guide will assume that you are playing as a Gaul since it is the easiest to accomplish.

Not a gaul? =-(

If you intend to sim as a Roman or Teuton it will play much the same except you will get less profits from the marketplace (if you choose to make trades for early resource profits), your granary needs to go 1 level higher to pay for settlers, you will need to build more level 10 crannies and you will need to build your extra crannies earlier. These extra costs may set you back about 1-2 days versus Gaul expectations.

Can I go faster? Are these wait times rock solid?

Periodically you will need to wait to accumulate resources in order to buy your next batch of fields and buildings. I have noted wait times in my build order based upon my calculations. What I did not note is build times for how long fields and structures take. My guide assumes that structures taking longer than a few minutes to build will be instant completed. In actuality this is not necessary later on since you can usually just start building earlier into the scheduled wait time as my waiting periods for resources usually let them pile up enough to queue up several items at once. If there is a 12 hour wait you could start queueing stuff at 8 hours and get an early jump on construction and production.

There are things you can do to speed up your progress on this guide. NPC to build as soon as possible, trade on the marketplace for profits (and NPC those undesirable resources into desirable ones), instant complete everything, be online often to queue up stuff as soon as resources become available... but realistically if you have time for all that then you may as well be raiding. I try to keep things relatively undemanding and reasonable in the spirit of easy simming.

Anywho, here goes the build orders.

Day 1
    • Wood lvl 1
    • Wheat lvl 1
    • Quests 1-4
    • Clay lvl 1
    • Iron lvl 1
    • Quests 5-8
    • Wheat lvl 1 (x2)
    • Wood lvl 1
    • Clay lvl 1
    • Iron lvl 1
    • Wheat lvl 1 (x3)
    • wait 12 hours for rat
    • Quest 9-10
    • Wood lvl 1
    • Quests 11
    • Wood lvl 1
    • Clay lvl 1 (x2)
    • Iron lvl 1 (x2)
    • Quests 12-13
    • Cranny lvl 1
    • Quest 14
    • Wheat lvl 2
    • Clay lvl 2
    • 2 hour wait
    • Wood lvl 2
    • 2 hour wait
    • Iron lvl 2
    • Quest 15-16
    • 2 hour wait
    • Wheat lvl 2
    • 5 hour wait
    • MB 2-3
    • Quest 17-18
    • Gran lvl 1
    • Quest 19 (E)
    • Ware lvl 1
    • Quest 20 (E)
    • Market lvl 1
    • Quest 21 (E)
    • NPC
    • Wheat lvl 2 (x3)
    • Wood lvl 2
    • Clay lvl 2

If you instant-build the buildings (MB, granary, warehouse, market) and let fields grow at their own pace then you will take about 24 hours to get to this point.

End of day 1 populaton & production: 44 pop+1 rat, 35/35/30/16 production. Not too shabby.

I have the rat is factored into wheat production always since people may be afraid to attack a large fast growing gaul in the early game. If you can get a friend to kill it for you that will save you a fair chunk of wheat over time.

Day 2 (24+ hours passed) (slow day)
    • 8 hour wait
    • Wheat lvl 2
    • Clay lvl 2
    • 13 hour wait
    • Wood lvl 2 x2
    • Clay lvl 2
    • 9 hour wait (goes on into day 3...)

49 population, 45/45/30/17 production

Day 3 (48+ hours passed) finish level 2 fields, and get that cranny before BP wears off!
    • NPC
    • Iron lvl 2 (x3)
    • Quest 22-23
    • Wheat lvl 3
    • 13 hour wait
    • Cranny 2-7 (Ready for BP ending during next waiting period!)
    • 9 hour wait (72hr Beginner Protection is over!)

57 population, 45/45/45/17 production (920 cranny protection, 736 vs teuts in v3.5-3.6)

Day 4
    • NPC
    • Clay lvl 3 (x2)
    • 9 hour wait
    • Wheat lvl 3 (x2)
    • 10 hour wait
    • Cranny lvl 8
    • 1 hour wait (i.e. while the cranny builds)
    • Cranny lvl 9

61 population, 45/60/45/30 production (1540 cranny protection, 1232 vs teuts in v3.5-3.6)

Note: I don’t recommend completing the embassy quests right away. The quest rewards do make it very good value for your CP production, but you really need to focus on fields early on. Level 4 fields get you to where the embassy costs are only a speed bump to your production.

Day 5
    • 12 hour wait
    • Clay lvl 3
    • Wheat lvl 3
    • Wood lvl 3
    • 6 hour wait
    • Wood lvl 3 (x2)
    • 10 hour wait

65 population, 68/68/45/33 production

Day 6
    • Clay lvl 3
    • Wood lvl 3
    • Iron lvl 3
    • 10 hour wait
    • Wheat lvl 3 (x2)
    • Iron lvl 3
    • 11 hour wait

71 population, 75/75/60/42 production

Day 7
    • Iron lvl 3 (x2)
    • Wheat lvl 4
    • 12 hour wait
    • NPC
    • Clay lvl 4 (x2)
    • Wood lvl 4
    • 12 hour wait

78 population, 84/93/75/44 production

Day 8
    • NPC
    • Wheat lvl 4 (x2)
    • Ware lvl 2
    • Embassy lvl 1
    • Quest 24
    • 12 hour wait
    • Clay lvl 4 (x2)
    • Cranny lvl 10
    • 12 hour wait

86 population, 84/110/75/51 production (2000 cranny protection, 1600 vs teuts in v3.5-3.6)

If you are making profits off the market and NPCing there, then I recommend using those profits to upgrade your marketplace as you go along. Having an upgraded market helps your CP/day and gives you more chances to trade for profit.

Day 9
    • Wood lvl 4 (x3)
    • Ware lvl 3
    • 12 hour wait
    • NPC
    • Wheat lvl 4 (x2)
    • Embassy lvl 2-3
    • Quest 25
    • Iron lvl 4
    • Cranny lvl 1 (x2)
    • 15 hour wait

96 population, 110/110/84/59 production (2400 cranny protection, 1920 vs teuts in v3.5-3.6)

The extra crannies are more for CP than for resource protection at this time, though you will need them later. You should keep building level 1 crannies until you have 12-13 crannies in total. They give better CP than level 1 embassies for their price (almost tied until you factor in population costs over time) and give better protection than fully upgraded crannies for their price.

Day 10
    • Iron lvl 4 (x3)
    • Wheat lvl 4
    • 13 hour wait
    • Ware lvl 4
    • Gran lvl 2
    • Clay lvl 5
    • Wheat lvl 5
    • 10 hour wait
    • Clay lvl 5
    • Wood lvl 5

Population 107, 124/138/110/70 production

Day 11
    • 12 hour wait
    • NPC
    • Clay lvl 5
    • Wood lvl 5
    • Wheat lvl 5
    • Cranny lvl 1 (x6)
    • 14 hour wait

Population 109, 138/151/110/82 production (cranny protection 3600, 2880 vs teuts in v3.5-3.6)

The extra crannies are for CP and resource protection now since the long waits are starting to make serious piles of resources. Remember that marketplace trades add to your resource total for the limit on what the cranny protects, so vs teut raiders you may need a lot more protection than the full warehouse capacity if you have several trades up at a time.

Day 12
    • Wood lvl 5
    • Wheat lvl 5
    • Iron lvl 5
    • 12 hour wait
    • NPC
    • Clay lvl 5
    • Wheat lvl 5
    • Wood lvl 5
    • Gran lvl 3
    • Cranny lvl 1 (x3)

Population 115, 165/165/124/103 production (4000 cranny protection, 3200 vs teuts in v3.5-3.6)

Day 13
    • 12 hour wait
    • NPC
    • Iron lvl 5 (x3)
    • 12 hour wait
    • Wheat lvl 5 (x2)
    • Ware lvl 5
    • Gran lvl 4-5
    • MB 4-5

Population 126, 165/165/165/119 production

Level 5 fields done, and a fair bit of infrastructure at the ready for your next step.

On day 14 you will begin building level 6 fields. Much in the same order as level 4 and 5 fields went down. Do a couple clay, then a wood. Another couple clay and a couple wood. Throw in some wheat and iron afterward. An easy way to figure out what resource you need to build next is to just check which one will be ready to build at the earliest. That’s usually the right one to build.

Level 6 and 7 fields will give a huge boost to production and they each give +1 CP/day as well (bonus!)

The flour mill will be built at the intervals described on the kirilloid resource calculator.

Level 1 flour mill with wheat fields at 6/6/6/6/ 5/5
    Level 2 flour mill with wheat fields all at 7
    Level 3 flour mill with wheat fields all at 8

Briefly your next days will go:
    Day 14:
    2 Clay, 1 Wood, 1 Wheat
    186/207/165/133 production

Day 15:
    2 Clay, 2 Wood, 1 Wheat
    229/250/165/145 production

Day 16:
    1 Wood, 3 Iron, 2 Wheat, 1 Flour Mill
    250/250/229/188 production

Day 17:
    1 Iron, 2 Wheat (level 6’s done!), 2 Clay lvl 7
    250/300/250/227 production

Day 18:
    2 Clay 7, 2 Wood 7, Ware 6, Gran 6
    300/350/250/221 production

Day 19:
    2 Wood 7, 2 Iron 7, Cranny 2-10 (now have 5800 cranny)
    350/350/300/206 production

Day 20:
    2 Iron 7, 3 Wheat 7, Ware 7
    350/350/350/275

Day 21:
    3 Wheat 7, Mill 2, Ware 8, Cranny 2-10 (now have 7700 cranny), Res 1-2, Rally 1
    350/350/350/370

Work on that residence to 10 and settlers.
    You are producing about 34k res/day. It will take about 130k resources to get your residence up to 10 and your 3 settlers. That’s 4 days from now.
    Day 25-ish send settlers to your new village and while they are traveling pour all your resources into raising your marketplace as high as you can (level 14 is usually a good spot since the costs start ramping up at 15).

Your CP may be a bit short since this works so quickly. If think you are going to be short on CP you can simply continue upgrading fields to level 8.

Level 7 fields vs. Level 8 fields before settling?

This guide assumes you want to settle ASAP but with a decent economy able to push and develop both your spawn further and your expansion village quickly after settling. If you had the CP for it, you could actually settle about 1 day faster by saving for residence and settlers upon completing level 6 fields... but you would not be able to push nearly as many resources and you'd likely find your economy stagnating compared to someone who waited a bit longer to settle. So level 7 fields are a pretty good compromise for getting a sufficient economy to grow and not taking too long to settle.

Upgrading your fields to level 8 and getting a level 3 flour mill will take you about 3 and a half days extra on this guide's timeline. The upside is that from that point on it shaves off 1 day from saving up for residence and settlers. So the real delay for boosting your spawn production by almost 750 res/hr is only 2 and a half days late on your settling versus level 7 field projections. If you are short on CP when you build the level 1 residence then you can just focus on fields and have a rocking spawn production of 2363 res/hr before you even settle your 2nd village.

If you are nervous about having to spend 3 days saving up for settlers, then you may prefer only needing 2 days to save up for settlers with level 8 fields. If you are nervous about a neighbor developing catapults and ruining your spawn before you expand (and you have not made friends with your largest neighbors), then you may not want to wait those extra 2 days for level 8 fields! If you are in a rush to make certain you get to an awesome cropper location then you may not want to wait those crucial 2 days. If you are going to be going into a cropper fight for sure, then waiting those extra 2 days could give you a big advantage since you know what you are preparing for whereas your opponent may not be ready for a fight. The extra economy boost of level 8 fields will let you upgrade fields while building troops at the same time at your spawn.

There's a lot of 'If's in that last paragraph. Decide which applies best to your personal situation and let that be your compass.

With level 8 fields your spawn alone will be generating over 56k res/day... nearly 400k/week. And with no troop losses you can see how very quickly you will overtake all but the very best raiders in production. If you can push 30k res/day to your expansion that leaves a bunch left over to upgrade your spawn and have a beast of an economy. A week after settling it is not unreasonable to expect your total economy to be in the neighborhood of 600k+/week. Watch yourself quickly outpace the best raiding economy.

Happy simming. The lovely thing about this guide is that you lose nothing to raids, it is too early for catapults (unless you have really bad luck in neighbors), so it should be very repeatable.

Thanks to Wren for inspiring me to write this guide with his work on a sim guide to villa 2 (and I borrowed his format for listing my build orders).
    Thanks to Greenman and Red Peasant for testing out the guide and correcting some of my transcription errors.
    Thanks to Forgivable for catching a transcription error as well.
    And thanks to all the kind comments =-)
    Last edited by Erik; 09-21-2010 at 06:56 AM. Reason: sprucing up and credits (changed start day from day zero to day 1, and advanced everything else to keep it right)

Tactical notes:

As a Gaul you may want to leave out 1 cranny spot to make a trapper in your spawn villa so you can help friends hide their settlers in your traps, since you may want to find someone who can do the same favor for you (if you aren't using goldclub/autododge anyway). Whatever you're doing you don't ever want to let your settlers get killed. I don't recommend using a trapper as a real line of defense in your spawn. Just as a settler storage pen if you find a friend in need. This can be built later if needed.

A note for the success of a simmer is that your chances of surviving go way down the later you start this guide into a server. Frustrated farmers who have catapults are likely to crop kill you in the hopes that your warehouses may finally fill past cranny coverage. Or just out of rage at wasting their precious rally point time with your salacious resources that they keep scouting. So ideally you want to start this guide on day 1 of a server. An upside to starting later is that you can make bigger trades for 2:1 resources since players will have larger stockpiles, but you are in greater danger of getting catapulted by someone like me who isn't interested in long term success and will have a scary army+catapults before second villa.

If you start later and don't wind up in a safe spot (i.e. somebody scary too near you) then you may wish to delete before you invest too much time into things. The nicer thing about starting later is that you will be farther out and closer to the boonie croppers. That will cut your merchant travel time way down when you are developing your second village.

Your best hope if you do find such a nasty neighbor is to negotiate for future chiefing of your starter villa such that they won't want to mess it up with their catapults. If your intent is to leave the area entirely, most expert players won't be nearly as concerned with your presence and welcome the availability of a developed village that they can chief early on (since chiefing with just 1 conquering unit requires many trips and generally only works on willing, inactive or directly adjacent targets).

Growing your 15-Cropper Capital... and Cropper Fights!

For people intending to take a 15c and be serious contenders on a server, it is likely gonna take a bit more gold to get that capital developed. I like building up a high granary, warehouse, main building and then just NPCing whenever that granary nearly caps out in order to build more fields. Wash rinse repeat and with pushes from your spawn you will soon have a monster of an economy.

For the love of all that is holy, I strongly recommend settling your 15c capital as your second village. Settling a 5 clay next to it is dangerous. It is a sign of weakness to many players, and may invite someone into starting a cropper fight with you over your intended location.

Cropper fights are costly and can really set you back... if you win. If you lose, you just got screwed. Hard. Probably wasted several days, even a week or two of critical early growth time. Maybe more. I have cost a top 50 player 3-4 weeks of growth in a cropper fight and caused him to delete after such a setback. It hurts.

Also, someone may already have had their settlers en route to that cropper location and whether they intended to or not, because you didn't occupy the spot you are now in a cropper fight. BAM. And worse you have to pry him out of that spot now.

And last reason why it is a good idea to settle that 15c spot first, if you *do* get in a cropper fight, it is much, much, much easier to defend early on, especially as a Gaul. Cranny up, ignore your enemy as he wastes his time trying to raid you get your expansion economy roaring faster than the enemy. Whatever you cannot push from your spawn, use to upgrade spawn fields for a while, and then quickly shift into phalanx spamming mode at your spawn. You should be able to build and make bulk shipments of phalanxes faster than your opponent can build local troops to harass you with. Just make sure that when you do finally send your defense in to town, it is enough to decisively win the fight. That loss of resources right there may put your opponent back on his heels.

Once that 15c economy is hot (level 2 bakery and wheat fields 10/8/8/8/8/7's as kirrioid suggests) you may build a trapper up (but do not build traps until you are ready to make a serious defensive stand). You can sit enough phalanxes in there with enough pathfinders to keep them hidden from scouting attempts and prepare to reap hero XP when the guy tries to bust free his trapped troops later. Once you get level 10 fields, your level 20 trapper isn't that expensive (v 3.5-3.6 anyway) and you can put down 400 traps. That plus 1000+ phalanxes is enough to make many enemies cry in the first month or two. Your opponent certainly will be doing no better than you at the expansion on economy so he cannot afford a larger army, especially if he wants to tech to catapults first.

In a cropper fight against an opponent much larger than you, or someone who is really, really good. You may have to bite the bullet and create a hammer from your 15c that you have settled. One thing to remember is that it is easy to defend one village. If your opponent has several villages by you then they have to pick and choose targets. Being smaller is an advantage in that sort of situation. You can stack crazy D all in one spot and taunt them as you harass and pick apart their villas. If you must expand, I recommend expanding into something like another 15c or a 9c in the opposite direction of your enemy. Then you can build troops there and have time to shuttle troops to or from your capital and outrace your enemy's attacks. They might not like the vulnerability of sending their attacks even farther out when you have a closer more intimidating village near to them.

If you don't get in a fight at your capital site, then all the better. You can lazily build a pretty high level granary and warehouse and perhaps only have to NPC once every day or few, and just keep queueing up fields. It is handy to have a high main building if you don't intend to gold complete all dem fields. It is a bit expensive in gold to start out that capital but your growth will be very impressive.

[reserved for lolcats]

(thanks to Sleeping Bear for editing in such an appropriate lolcat)
    Last edited by Erik; 09-18-2010 at 11:41 AM. Reason: /modbot

I like the second post, Erik.

I endorse this for a sticky somewhere!
    I no longer check reputation regularly. If you want to leave feedback, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    • Wood lvl 1
    • Wheat lvl 1
    • Quests 1-4
    • Wheat lvl 1
    • Clay lvl 1
    • Iron lvl 1
    • Quests 5-8
    • Wheat lvl 1 (x2)
    • Wood lvl 1
    • Clay lvl 1
    • Iron lvl 1
    • Wheat lvl 1 (x3)
    Running through this, I count 7 level 1 wheat fields. That's all I've found so far as errors go. Looks great!
    Like riding a bike... Only with more typing and less riding a bike
    http://forum.travian.us/picture.php?...pictureid=3580

Nice guide! I was always too lazy to raid at the start, hopefully now I can totally avoid it.
    You should definitely expand it. Capital fields(when and why), big celebration(when and why), conquering(when and why), maybe even when to start your hammer...just throwing ideas here, but I do think it needs to be expanded...

Quote Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
    Running through this, I count 7 level 1 wheat fields. That's all I've found so far as errors go. Looks great!
    Much Thanks!

The single field after quest 4 was a typo from a conversion of a different build order when I had an inferior and more wheaty version that was under the impression that pop limit was based on normal what production and not plus wheat production. I was scurred it was a miscalculation and I was gonna hafta revisit my spreadsheet from the start on down (I did that once already when I left out the rat early on, arg)... even after I took the precaution to count off the fields on my spreadsheet just to avoid that kinda hijinks.

@ Sleepingbear. Me too! Nice use of teching up a lol cat.

@ Tifforo. Thanks. =-) Maybe after it is vetted some on us5...

@ NIDzA. Conquering and hammer building are a bit beyond the scope of this and most guides. Those things are very situation dependent and can vary greatly from player to player. Celebrations (big or small) are for when your economies are going strong and capital fields are somewhat dependent upon what you take for your capital and how far away it is and who your neighbors are. So even those are somewhere that can go off the rails on a guide. I am considering appending a timeline for how long it will take to build up a capital but that largely depends upon how close you are for how much you can reasonably push.

Just to show how many different options you can start having once you get your second villa... I am simming for my us4 account but decided to be crazy and took a nearby 15c to a 150% 15c to join a 2-way fight between two established top-60 players over a 150% cropper (one owns it the other took a 6c near it) to make it a 3 way fight between two top-60 players and one top 1000 player (I like my odds). Since I chose to be in this fight I had to focus on military more heavily than I initially intended and I'm torn between many options. I am considering laying my 3rd villa (I have the CP right now) versus finishing level 10 cropper fields next week, versus starting up my imperian factory to capture an oasis next week that will have to be protected from raids due to its proximity to neighbors, versus getting those imps and catas and starting to plow down my neighbors (but hampering my economy) that will take ~2 weeks.

Much Thanks!

The single field after quest 4 was a typo from a conversion of a different build order when I had an inferior and more wheaty version that was under the impression that pop limit was based on normal what production and not plus wheat production. I was scurred it was a miscalculation and I was gonna hafta revisit my spreadsheet from the start on down (I did that once already when I left out the rat early on, arg)... even after I took the precaution to count off the fields on my spreadsheet just to avoid that kinda hijinks.
    Hmph, well I'm testing it out as is on s5. I'll let you know if I find any more kinks or hijinks.

This is the type of guide i have been waiting for! Thanks

This guide is very helpful and teaches you to be efficient with your village and building it up to be a very powerful empire. I know this is a simming guide but maybe you could suggest to start on military so you would truly have a strong empire.

Another point, following your guide it takes 24 days to settle your second village. In my opinion, since you're making so much resources from the fields you're probably better off saving for a celebration rather than building so many extra buildings just to gap that extra space. In the long term, yes it would produce more but do keep in mind that the Town Hall produces quite a load of Culture Points.

That's just my opinion and following other means suggested in your guide might also work.
    US3 R3 - Black Paladin

Enrique, gracias

Very nice. I will look forward to the future discussion concerning this, and will be watching intently to see if the Green One can follow directions

I think when I started on us4, I was able to closely approximate this type of build in the first week playing as a ROMAN. However, I am too stupid, and too new to have taken the time to write down what the hell I did, and in what order.

Maybe when I am not such a dang rookie.
    US3-R3: LordOChaos (SI-2) Rookie; US3-R4: fifi (the dual); US3-R5: LordOChaos (Demons)
    US3-R8: Questionable
    US2-R5: LordOChaos (BACON)
    COM3: A Dual
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    God forbid you used any of my advice (shiver) - that would be fatal!
    That's my secret, I am always angry. Bruce Banner

@TK123
    In short, level 1 crannies are the bomb. No pop, same CP/res as a level 1 embassy and (Gaul) 200 res protection apiece.

The extra buildings are actually necessary for proper cranny coverage. If you did not have the extra 10 level 1 crannies then you would need to pay triple the cost for a level 10 cranny for the same protection and have 5 more pop, paying out 120 extra wheat per day for the pleasure, and you get 10 CP/day instead of 6/day with a level 10 cranny. Now a good and cheap way to get more CP is to either get an academy+barracks.

Going with parties will not shave off time since your limiting factor is still resources. That would actually add a day or two to your wait for settling.

It is debateable whether one ought go to level 8 fields first. You will add a couple days onto your settling date but have a big boost in production for pushing and building phalanx+fields in your spawn. You can actually shave a day off by getting settlers with level 6 fields but I do not like how little you can push afterward and the time spent sitting on settlers is longer than my comfort level allows.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of The Morning View Post
    Enrique, gracias

Very nice. I will look forward to the future discussion concerning this, and will be watching intently to see if the Green One can follow directions

I think when I started on us4, I was able to closely approximate this type of build in the first week playing as a ROMAN. However, I am too stupid, and too new to have taken the time to write down what the hell I did, and in what order.

Maybe when I am not such a dang rookie.
    Apparently, I can't.

I threw myself off schedule due to the wheat field mishap and forgetting to turn on the Gold resource bonuses (still hitting myself for that). I'll settle before JD did on s4... That is, if he's settled yet.

Daggone. Sorry again about the wheat typo. On the upside depending upon when bonuses kicked in you can probably just add a couple extra hours and tweak one NPC to hopefully cover things. That was my quick fix for when I left the rat out of my calculations in an earlier draft, but it is harsh getting delayed on day 1.

I will try to clean and put up my speadsheet this weekend since it helps to see the res totals coming up to NPC juuuust right.

I am considering spawning a test account on us5 his weekend to try it myself and then hand it off once I get villa#2.

Daggone. Sorry again about the wheat typo. On the upside depending upon when bonuses kicked in you can probably just add a couple extra hours and tweak one NPC to hopefully cover things. That was my quick fix for when I left the rat out of my calculations in an earlier draft, but it is harsh getting delayed on day 1.

I will try to clean and put up my speadsheet this weekend since it helps to see the res totals coming up to NPC juuuust right.

I am considering spawning a test account on us5 his weekend to try it myself and then hand it off once I get villa#2.
    I'm only a few hours behind, but maybe I can catch up with insta-building a few fields instead of letting them build out. One other thing I noticed scanning ahead is that you listed two Day 4s. Looks to be a mistake, which would mean that every day past the first Day 4 is actually Day n+1... Which means you settle on Day 25 instead of Day 24.

I'll keep looking, but that seems to be it for mistakes.

EDIT: Around 3 hours behind, probably more from my lack of attention to the timing of the guide than anything else (i.e.: It's Easter weekend, plus I went out the last two nights. It makes for tough guide-following when you're not thinking clearly or at a computer)
    Last edited by Greenman; 04-04-2010 at 04:11 AM.

I just popped up the google doc spreadsheet there since it helps for seeing how far out you need to balance your NPCing needs for. I would try and NPC it down to the wire as far as I could for costs.

Incidentally, you may actually wind up making the 24 day mark anyway. It is a bit conservative in the end since I just took your beginning daily production and used that for 24 hours to figure out how many more fields you can build... when in actuality as you build fields during the day your production raises a bit more.

And of course making trades on the marketplace and upgrading the market with those trades is left out of the guide, and building sooner than the wait times (i.e. 10 hours into a 12 hour wait you could probably lay down a field or two waiting for the rest of the res to pile up) will speed it along.

I think I slightly undersold the cost for residence + settlers, so it probably balances out though. It may probably be worthwhile to get that 1 residence a bit early (like partway through level 6 fields) to spot check how CP are coming along.

Worst case scenario though, if CP are coming too slowly, just get a few level 8 fields before getting settlers.

One other thing I noticed scanning ahead is that you listed two Day 4s. Looks to be a mistake, which would mean that every day past the first Day 4 is actually Day n+1... Which means you settle on Day 25 instead of Day 24.
    Gah. I see what I did there. Around that point I switched from counting "stuff completed at end of day" to "beginning of day." The timeline is actually still on target. After 480 hours have passed (20 days) you will have level 7 fields complete. From there it will take a bit over 4 more days to get your residence and settlers. So I suppose at the start of your 25th day is when the settlers are available.

I have the hour counting on the side of my spreadsheet. Anywho, I'll correct the day counting so it doesn't have that double-day 4 and start on day zero. Thanks again.

[edit note]
    Romans and Teuts will have to take note that they need to plunk down a few extra 2-10 levels on their 1 crannies before saving up for the residence/settlers, and they also need an extra level on their granary because they aren't awesome like gauls with inexpensive settlers.
    Last edited by Erik; 04-04-2010 at 06:16 AM.

It's only fitting that you wrote this Erik. I actually laughed when I read the title of the thread
    Quote Originally Posted by jjjjjesse View Post
    It makes you sound so much more sophisticated when you say you've just finished a good sheep shag.

I was hoping you would write this up

I'll take a couple closer looks, and talk with Fighter to see if it belongs in the FAQ/Guides section.
    Retired.
    s3r2: Deakon - Nemesis/WFTW (winnarz!!) ...... s6r2: Anon - CD (lulz, failtrain)...... s1r4: Trogdor - 7RU

Apparently, I can't.

I threw myself off schedule due to the wheat field mishap and forgetting to turn on the Gold resource bonuses (still hitting myself for that). I'll settle before JD did on s4... That is, if he's settled yet.
    Actually, I started a week before Erik on s4 and followed the same basic guidelines except I am playing Roman and I purposely made a few mistakes early to get an inefficient timeline. I also had the misfortune of having a newb with cats zero my residence while saving for my 3rd settler. So it was around day 36 when I launched for second village. Erik's guide is the most efficient way of simming to start up. I really cannot see how you could shave off anymore days.

By NPCing and instant completing as soon as possible and making some nice trades on the marketplace you might be able to shave off an extra day. Likewise going for residence with level 6 fields will shave off a day... except you will be sitting on settlers forever and your ability to push villa #2 to getting its fields up will be much slower after you settle.

I think a gaul with an unlimited gold budget and very high activity could sim villa #2 in about 22 days with level 6 fields... but if you are gonna put that much work into it then you are already working as hard as the top raiders and not get nearly the amount of return on your time and resources.

I'm cursed by my aggressive nature. I can't stay out of getting into fights even when I'm a simmer. I should be on villa #4 or 5 but I decided to settle into a cropper fight with two much larger players so I have been pouring tons of resources into military and have yet to settle my 3rd villa despite having had enough CP to do it almost 2 weeks ago. I will hopefully get back on track by May, after having quickly taken a couple villas at the end of April. I will have 100% oases captured by then at my 15c and I already finished my level 10 fields there (spawn is about done too... just need to get a trade office so I can push ~40k res/day). Catas and clear will be started and ready in less than 2 weeks.

As someone who has only played on a couple of servers and is still looking for the best way of optimizing my builds, this guide is extremely helpful. It is quite clear and well written (and clearly has had the time put into it). If I was above 100 posts I would +Rep you.

Well done.

There are only 3 level 5 Wood and Clay fields listed in the build order when there should be four. Everything else looks fine so far.

Unrelated question, is Erik really banned or is his title his own choice? I see a lot of banned forum-goers out there and they seem to be out-standing members of the community, whats up? Is there a forum hidden from me filled with obsenities, flaming, and bad jokes?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckaduck View Post
    Unrelated question, is Erik really banned or is his title his own choice? I see a lot of banned forum-goers out there and they seem to be out-standing members of the community, whats up? Is there a forum hidden from me filled with obsenities, flaming, and bad jokes?
    Ranks are not assigned by the user, so if it says banned, he's banned. (nothing about him shows banned now though.)

I believe outstanding, in your context, more means 'has been here waaaaaay too long' and most of us are lousy spammers at heart. It's just a matter of occasionally crossing the line or rubbing a mod the wrong way.

As for the forums.... mebbe.
    Retired.
    s3r2: Deakon - Nemesis/WFTW (winnarz!!) ...... s6r2: Anon - CD (lulz, failtrain)...... s1r4: Trogdor - 7RU

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckaduck View Post
    Is there a forum hidden from me filled with obsenities, flaming, and bad jokes?
    Yes there is such a forum, but it is not hidden. It's called us4 embassy politics and diplomacy. It's patrolled much more effectively than it was in the past so whatever shenanigans* and nuts are committed there are only briefly present before being removed.

I of course cannot discuss bans on forums as per the rules, but it's probably safe to say I deserved it.

There are only 3 level 5 Wood and Clay fields listed in the build order when there should be four. Everything else looks fine so far.
    The spreadsheet has it correctly, I think (I just checked and there are 4x of each there). I'm about to hit the road for the day so won't be able to update the build order until late tonight. Thanks for being my guinea pig and fact checker. I'll try to correct the build order tonight to match with the spreadsheet.

*(I will neg rep anyone who posts that picture here... you know which one I mean)
    Last edited by Erik; 04-15-2010 at 01:51 PM.

*(I will neg rep anyone who posts that picture here... you know which one I mean)
    This one?

^ Thanks to you, this is what my account looks like.

Heh mine looked a bit like the villa in this post...

I threw in an extra cranny in that villa to get 13 since I had the room. I recommended 12 for gauls simply because you may wish to build a trapper so you can hold settlers for friends (possibly as a trade, they hide yours and you hide theirs if you can get a gaul friend).

I heard from Greenman that he ran a lil short on CP when he had enough resources for settlers, though there were some issues on build order execution.

If folks find themselves short on CP when they build their first residence level, then I strongly recommend building up level 8 fields before getting the 10 residence and settlers. I know I got my market up to level 6-8 via trading for profit before I had my settlers, that may have helped me on my CP production.

If there is demand for it, I am pondering adding in part 2, on how to defend your high %oasis 15c cropper villa after you have settled it. A gaul who knows what they are doing should have no excuses for losing a cropper fight unless they settle it right next to a strong player's spawn.

Yes there is such a forum, but it is not hidden. It's called us4 embassy politics and diplomacy. It's patrolled much more effectively than it was in the past so whatever shenanigans* and nuts are committed there are only briefly present before being removed.

It's worth it.

EDIT: Erik says what he means, and means what he says. I wonder if he's an elephant?
    Last edited by Channingman; 05-23-2010 at 11:39 PM.

Another mistake I think Day 7 has an increase in crop production yet no wheat fields were produced.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgivable View Post
    Another mistake I think Day 7 has an increase in crop production yet no wheat fields were produced.
    Right you are. There should have been 2x wheat 4's at the start after NPCing. As with most of my errors in putting the order in an easy to read format, the spreadsheet has the right of it and I just fail at transcribing

Much thanks for pointing that out.

If anyone wants to use this guide, I strongly recommend checking the spreadsheet for your actual build orders and making sure you are on pace to have the correct costs for each NPC required.

Slight necro, but this thing deserves a sticky anyways.

I just finished running this on s1, and it works as advertised. I was ~24 hours away from having the CP when I finished my settlers. I wasn't too aggressive about taking profitable trades and upping my marketplace, though. If you could get 6-7 MP levels up, you'd probably be fine. I only had 3.

Great guide, Erik. but it pains me to see that many crannies in a village.
    us4r3: Judge Dredd (PEWBA)
    us1r4: RedPeasant (7RU)
    us4r2: RedShoes (PWNY)
    us2r2: BlazingHorse (YAPA-AH)

[edit: Google Doc of spreadsheet to assist with NPCing and checking my math and what not]

Okay.

I’ve had some demand for an efficient simming guide and I’m trying my darnedest to get it out before us5 starts play tomorrow. I have a shortage of free time so I’m going to post up my build order for the first 12 days or so and then a more general time line to the end. When I get time later I will tidy up my spreadsheet to share as a google doc and perhaps fully flesh out the build orders all the way to the second villa.

This is a guide for someone who wants to sim to their second village without having to raid at all. With the quests it is possible to do this in a very reasonable amount of time so long as you don’t get distracted from your main objective. Get fields for resources to power up your economy as quickly as possible.

If you just want to skip to the meat of this guide, Below I will lay out the build order to efficiently take you from spawn to your second villa via pure simming after these walls of text.

This guide assumes the following things:
    You are playing as a Gaul.
    You use Travian Plus.
    You use the % resource bonuses.
    You are willing to use the NPC merchant occasionally.

When simming, there is one tribe that stands head and shoulders above the rest. Gauls have the best merchants, best crannies, and most balanced defense unit (who is also the cheapest... I call the phalanx the maceman of defense), along with early game intimidation factor of the trapper and the least expensive settlers as icing on that cake. This guide will assume that you are playing as a Gaul since it is the easiest to accomplish.

If you intend to sim as a Roman or Teuton it will play much the same except you will get less profits from the marketplace (if you choose to make trades for early resource profits), you will need to build more level 10 crannies and you will need to build your extra crannies earlier.

Periodically you will need to wait to accumulate resources in order to buy your next batch of fields and buildings. I have noted wait times in my build order based upon my calculations. What I did not note is build times for how long fields and structures take. My guide assumes that structures taking longer than a few minutes to build will be instant completed. In actuality this is not necessary later on since you can usually just start building earlier into the scheduled wait time as my waiting periods for resources usually let them pile up enough to queue up several items at once. If there is a 12 hour wait you could start queueing stuff at 8 hours and get an early jump on construction and production.

Travian Plus is recommended (helps for the queueing and checking how long things take to build) and %resource bonuses are mandatory for this guide. I tried to keep the NPCing of resources reasonable (you only need 7 times in the first 9 days) by building organically (clay-wood-iron-wheat) so that resources balance out pretty well.

There are things you can do to speed up your progress on this guide. NPC to build as soon as possible, trade on the marketplace for profits (and NPC those undesirable resources into desirable ones), instant complete everything, be online often to queue up stuff as soon as resources become available... but realistically if you have time for all that then you may as well be raiding. I try to keep things relatively undemanding and reasonable in the spirit of easy simming.

Anywho, here goes the build orders.

Day 0
    • Wood lvl 1
    • Wheat lvl 1
    • Quests 1-4
    • Clay lvl 1
    • Iron lvl 1
    • Quests 5-8
    • Wheat lvl 1 (x2)
    • Wood lvl 1
    • Clay lvl 1
    • Iron lvl 1
    • Wheat lvl 1 (x3)
    • wait 12 hours for rat
    • Quest 9-10
    • Wood lvl 1
    • Quests 11
    • Wood lvl 1
    • Clay lvl 1 (x2)
    • Iron lvl 1 (x2)
    • Quests 12-13
    • Cranny lvl 1
    • Quest 14
    • Wheat lvl 2
    • Clay lvl 2
    • 2 hour wait
    • Wood lvl 2
    • 2 hour wait
    • Iron lvl 2
    • Quest 15-16
    • 2 hour wait
    • Wheat lvl 2
    • 5 hour wait
    • MB 2-3
    • Quest 17-18
    • Gran lvl 1
    • Quest 19 (E)
    • Ware lvl 1
    • Quest 20 (E)
    • Market lvl 1
    • Quest 21 (E)
    • NPC
    • Wheat lvl 2 (x3)
    • Wood lvl 2
    • Clay lvl 2

If you instant-build the buildings (MB, granary, warehouse, market) and let fields grow at their own pace then you will take about 24 hours to get to this point.

End of day 1 populaton & production: 44 pop+1 rat, 35/35/30/16 production. Not too shabby.

I have the rat is factored into wheat production always since people may be afraid to attack a large fast growing gaul in the early game. If you can get a friend to kill it for you that will save you a fair chunk of wheat over time.

Day 1 (24+ hours passed) (slow day)
    • 8 hour wait
    • Wheat lvl 2
    • Clay lvl 2
    • 13 hour wait
    • Wood lvl 2 x2
    • Clay lvl 2
    • 9 hour wait (goes on into day 3...)

49 population, 45/45/30/17 production

Day 2 (48+ hours passed) finish level 2 fields, and get that cranny before BP wears off!
    • NPC
    • Iron lvl 2 (x3)
    • Quest 22-23
    • Wheat lvl 3
    • 13 hour wait
    • Cranny 2-7 (Ready for BP ending during next waiting period!)
    • 9 hour wait

57 population, 45/45/45/17 production (920 cranny protection, 736 vs teuts)

Day 3
    • NPC
    • Clay lvl 3 (x2)
    • 9 hour wait
    • Wheat lvl 3 (x2)
    • 10 hour wait
    • Cranny lvl 8
    • 1 hour wait (i.e. while the cranny builds)
    • Cranny lvl 9

61 population, 45/60/45/30 production (1540 cranny protection, 1232 vs teuts)

Note: I don’t recommend completing the embassy quests right away. The rebates do make it very good value for your CP production, but you really need to focus on fields early on. Level 4 fields get you to where the embassy costs are only a speed bump to your production.

Day 4
    • 12 hour wait
    • Clay lvl 3
    • Wheat lvl 3
    • Wood lvl 3
    • 6 hour wait
    • Wood lvl 3 (x2)
    • 10 hour wait

65 population, 68/68/45/33 production

Day 5
    • Clay lvl 3
    • Wood lvl 3
    • Iron lvl 3
    • 10 hour wait
    • Wheat lvl 3 (x2)
    • Iron lvl 3
    • 11 hour wait

71 population, 75/75/60/42 production

Day 6
    • Iron lvl 3 (x2)
    • Wheat lvl 4
    • 12 hour wait
    • NPC
    • Clay lvl 4 (x2)
    • Wood lvl 4
    • 12 hour wait

78 population, 84/93/75/44 production

Day 7
    • NPC
    • Wheat lvl 4 (x2)
    • Ware lvl 2
    • Embassy lvl 1
    • Quest 24
    • 12 hour wait
    • Clay lvl 4 (x2)
    • Cranny lvl 10
    • 12 hour wait

86 population, 84/110/75/51 production (2000 cranny protection, 1600 vs teuts)

If you are making profits off the market and NPCing there, then I recommend using those profits to upgrade your marketplace as you go along.

Day 8
    • Wood lvl 4 (x3)
    • Ware lvl 3
    • 12 hour wait
    • NPC
    • Wheat lvl 4 (x2)
    • Embassy lvl 2-3
    • Quest 25
    • Iron lvl 4
    • Cranny lvl 1 (x2)
    • 15 hour wait

96 population, 110/110/84/59 production (2400 cranny protection, 1920 vs teuts)

The extra crannies are more for CP than for resource protection at this time, though you will need them later. You should keep building level 1 crannies until you have 12-13 crannies in total. They give better CP than level 1 embassies for their price (almost tied until you factor in population costs over time) and give better protection than fully upgraded crannies for their price.

Day 9
    • Iron lvl 4 (x3)
    • Wheat lvl 4
    • 13 hour wait
    • Ware lvl 4
    • Gran lvl 2
    • Clay lvl 5
    • Wheat lvl 5
    • 10 hour wait
    • Clay lvl 5
    • Wood lvl 5
    (oops, I left out that 10 hour wait and 2 fields when transcribing... the spreadsheet is correct though, and the population and production below already reflected that wait & build)

Population 107, 124/138/110/70 production

Day 10
    • 12 hour wait
    • NPC
    • Clay lvl 5
    • Wood lvl 5
    • Wheat lvl 5
    • Cranny lvl 1 (x6)
    • 14 hour wait

Population 109, 138/151/110/82 production (cranny protection 3600, 2880 vs teuts)

The extra crannies are for CP and resource protection now since the long waits are starting to make serious piles of resources. Remember that marketplace trades add to your resource total for the limit on what the cranny protects, so vs teut raiders you may need a lot more protection than the full warehouse capacity if you have several trades up at a time.

Day 11
    • Wood lvl 5
    • Wheat lvl 5
    • Iron lvl 5
    • 12 hour wait
    • NPC
    • Clay lvl 5
    • Wheat lvl 5
    • Wood lvl 5
    • Gran lvl 3
    • Cranny lvl 1 (x3)

Population 115, 165/165/124/103 production (4000 cranny protection, 3200 vs teuts)

Day 12
    • 12 hour wait
    • NPC
    • Iron lvl 5 (x3)
    • 12 hour wait
    • Wheat lvl 5 (x2)
    • Ware lvl 5
    • Gran lvl 4-5
    • MB 4-5

Population 126, 165/165/165/119 production

Level 5 fields done, and a fair bit of infrastructure at the ready for your next step.

I’m running short on personal time and [edit: and... I guess I forgot to finish that statement.]

On day 13 you will begin building level 6 fields. Much in the same order as level 4 and 5 fields went down. Do a couple clay, then a wood. Another couple clay and a couple wood. Throw in some wheat and iron afterward. An easy way to figure out what resource you need to build next is to just check which one will be ready to build at the earliest. That’s usually the right one to build.

Level 6 and 7 fields will give a huge boost to production and they each give +1 CP/day as well (bonus!)

The flour mill will be built at the intervals described on the kirilloid resource calculator.

Level 1 flour mill with wheat fields at 6/6/6/6/ 5/5
    Level 2 flour mill with wheat fields all at 7
    Level 3 flour mill with wheat fields all at 8

Briefly your next days will go:
    Day 13:
    2 Clay, 1 Wood, 1 Wheat
    186/207/165/133 production
    Day 14:
    2 Clay, 2 Wood, 1 Wheat
    229/250/165/145 production

Day 15:
    1 Wood, 3 Iron, 2 Wheat, 1 Flour Mill
    250/250/229/188 production

Day 16:
    1 Iron, 2 Wheat (level 6’s done!), 2 Clay lvl 7
    250/300/250/227 production

Day 17:
    2 Clay 7, 2 Wood 7, Ware 6, Gran 6
    300/350/250/221 production

Day 18
    2 Wood 7, 2 Iron 7, Cranny 2-10 (now have 5800 cranny)
    350/350/300/206 production

Day 19
    2 Iron 7, 3 Wheat 7, Ware 7
    350/350/350/275

Day 20
    3 Wheat 7, Mill 2, Ware 8, Cranny 2-10 (now have 7700 cranny), Res 1-2, Rally 1
    350/350/350/370

Work on that residence to 10 and settlers.
    You are producing about 34k res/day. It will take about 130k resources to get your residence up to 10 and your 3 settlers. That’s 4 days from now.
    Day 24 send settlers to your new village and while they are traveling pour all your resources into raising your marketplace as high as you can.

Your CP may be a bit short since this works so quickly. If I hear back from folks saying that they needed more CP then I’ll recommend raising the Embassy and Marketplace a bit more and work that into the build order.

Happy simming. (I may make a future guide on how to continue simming but the farther down the line you go the more variables present themselves which will force a guide off the rails. The lovely thing about this guide is that you lose nothing to raids, it is too early for catapults (unless you have really bad luck in neighbors), so it should be very repeatable.

I rushed at the end of this to get in under my deadline so hopefully no errors snuck in unnoticed.
    Well thats a guide for gauls, and I've just learned if you put [ * ] together it forms a Thanks!
    Last edited by fiasco; 09-11-2010 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fiasco View Post
    Well thats a guide for gauls, and I've just learned if you put [ * ] together it forms a
    Thanks!
    Errr, thanks. I helped with your list above. Gotta have something after the [ * ] for it to work.

Thanks since your post served as a good reminder for me to tidy up the guide and put in credits to all the folks who helped me polish the transcription of it to here since it was originally written in a bit of a rush to be ready for us5's start.

Mayyyybe that will be enough to get it stickied. Or not as I reckon with T4 it may become slightly obsolete, I dunno. I haven't kept up with what all the changes there will be... I don't think any changes will interfere with simming so it should still be a usable guide so long as quests remain.

Quote Originally Posted by fiasco View Post
    Well thats a guide for gauls, and I've just learned if you put [ * ] together it forms a list
    Ok, next, could you learn how NOT to quote several screens worth of text wall just so you can add 1 line of "hey, nice"?

A simple editing of the text wall down to "text wall" or something would be more than sufficient.
    MokMonster does not support, condone or agree with anything written in this post.
    Any suggestions to the contrary are purely unintentional.
    (Unless you agreed with it -- then I totally said it)

Quote Originally Posted by MokMonster View Post
    Ok, next, could you learn how NOT to quote several screens worth of text wall just so you can add 1 line of "hey, nice"?

A simple editing of the text wall down to "text wall" or something would be more than sufficient.
    or not even quoting it. for that matter
    S4R1 - polaris
    S6R2 - furysedge - {CD}
    S1R4 - Trogdor - 7RU
    S1R5 - Elmo

IRC: http://indicator.travian.org/11!polaris/

Villager

Guys, I know this deserves a sticky, but Erik didnt make this guide.. I saw this exact same guide somewhere else. I cant find it on google now but Erik, please give credit to the person from whichever forum you found it.

P.S. Your guide is on google and i see it posted in the Australian forums, given credit to you and everyone likes it
    Everything is something, which is nothing, but something.

The meaning? No one knows!

Except me!

PM me to know.

Quote Originally Posted by TAR View Post
    Guys, I know this deserves a sticky, but Erik didnt make this guide.. I saw this exact same guide somewhere else. I cant find it on google now but Erik, please give credit to the person from whichever forum you found it.

P.S. Your guide is on google and i see it posted in the Australian forums, given credit to you and everyone likes it
    Indeed, someone kindly notified me that my guide was copied by some neer-do-well on the Australian forums and done so without credit (in fact the guy was ballsy enough to claim he made it himself as he excerpted my aside comments such as why I rushed it making it for us5's start, etc.). I remedied that issue a couple weeks ago however and they are now correctly giving me credit.

I have plenty of evidence and witnesses that can sufficiently prove that I wrote this myself but it's a silly accusation. Do you seriously know anyone else who advocates building 13 crannies in a serious guide? I mean the math backs me up on it, but nobody ever does it. Ha-hah!

Erik indeed did write this guide. I was going through it with him at the same time but as a Roman.

The catapult guide I wrote has been posted on many of the other forums as well. (Allthough I usually get credited.)

Quote Originally Posted by TAR View Post
    Guys, I know this deserves a sticky, but Erik didnt make this guide.. I saw this exact same guide somewhere else.
    Seriously, if you're going to make an accusation like this, you ought to get your facts straight. It never occurred to you that the other guy may have been the one to steal it? You're just going to assume that "I saw this someplace else, so it must have been copied from there!"? Did you look at the dates on which was posted first?

I know you're newish to this forum, but Erik was posting all over the place about his experiments while writing this guide. I don't think there're any regular US forum folks who doubt that he did this guide.
    MokMonster does not support, condone or agree with anything written in this post.
    Any suggestions to the contrary are purely unintentional.
    (Unless you agreed with it -- then I totally said it)