Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Erik's Efficient Sim Guide to Villa 2

As someone who has only played on a couple of servers and is still looking for the best way of optimizing my builds, this guide is extremely helpful. It is quite clear and well written (and clearly has had the time put into it). If I was above 100 posts I would +Rep you.

Well done.

There are only 3 level 5 Wood and Clay fields listed in the build order when there should be four. Everything else looks fine so far.
    Like riding a bike... Only with more typing and less riding a bike
    http://forum.travian.us/picture.php?...pictureid=3580

Unrelated question, is Erik really banned or is his title his own choice? I see a lot of banned forum-goers out there and they seem to be out-standing members of the community, whats up? Is there a forum hidden from me filled with obsenities, flaming, and bad jokes?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckaduck View Post
    Unrelated question, is Erik really banned or is his title his own choice? I see a lot of banned forum-goers out there and they seem to be out-standing members of the community, whats up? Is there a forum hidden from me filled with obsenities, flaming, and bad jokes?
    Ranks are not assigned by the user, so if it says banned, he's banned. (nothing about him shows banned now though.)

I believe outstanding, in your context, more means 'has been here waaaaaay too long' and most of us are lousy spammers at heart. It's just a matter of occasionally crossing the line or rubbing a mod the wrong way.

As for the forums.... mebbe.
    Retired.
    s3r2: Deakon - Nemesis/WFTW (winnarz!!) ...... s6r2: Anon - CD (lulz, failtrain)...... s1r4: Trogdor - 7RU

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckaduck View Post
    Is there a forum hidden from me filled with obsenities, flaming, and bad jokes?
    Yes there is such a forum, but it is not hidden. It's called us4 embassy politics and diplomacy. It's patrolled much more effectively than it was in the past so whatever shenanigans* and nuts are committed there are only briefly present before being removed.

I of course cannot discuss bans on forums as per the rules, but it's probably safe to say I deserved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
    There are only 3 level 5 Wood and Clay fields listed in the build order when there should be four. Everything else looks fine so far.
    The spreadsheet has it correctly, I think (I just checked and there are 4x of each there). I'm about to hit the road for the day so won't be able to update the build order until late tonight. Thanks for being my guinea pig and fact checker. I'll try to correct the build order tonight to match with the spreadsheet.

*(I will neg rep anyone who posts that picture here... you know which one I mean)
    Last edited by Erik; 04-15-2010 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    *(I will neg rep anyone who posts that picture here... you know which one I mean)
    This one?

^ Thanks to you, this is what my account looks like.
    Like riding a bike... Only with more typing and less riding a bike
    http://forum.travian.us/picture.php?...pictureid=3580

Heh mine looked a bit like the villa in this post...

I threw in an extra cranny in that villa to get 13 since I had the room. I recommended 12 for gauls simply because you may wish to build a trapper so you can hold settlers for friends (possibly as a trade, they hide yours and you hide theirs if you can get a gaul friend).

I heard from Greenman that he ran a lil short on CP when he had enough resources for settlers, though there were some issues on build order execution.

If folks find themselves short on CP when they build their first residence level, then I strongly recommend building up level 8 fields before getting the 10 residence and settlers. I know I got my market up to level 6-8 via trading for profit before I had my settlers, that may have helped me on my CP production.

If there is demand for it, I am pondering adding in part 2, on how to defend your high %oasis 15c cropper villa after you have settled it. A gaul who knows what they are doing should have no excuses for losing a cropper fight unless they settle it right next to a strong player's spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Yes there is such a forum, but it is not hidden. It's called us4 embassy politics and diplomacy. It's patrolled much more effectively than it was in the past so whatever shenanigans* and nuts are committed there are only briefly present before being removed.

It's worth it.

EDIT: Erik says what he means, and means what he says. I wonder if he's an elephant?
    Last edited by Channingman; 05-23-2010 at 11:39 PM.

Another mistake I think Day 7 has an increase in crop production yet no wheat fields were produced.