Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 74 of 74

Thread: Erik's Efficient Sim Guide to Villa 2

  1. #41

    Default

    From the bottom of the first post in this thread. The link points to the original step by steps that Erik started back in February.

    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Thanks to Wren for inspiring me to write this guide with his work on a sim guide to villa 2 (and I borrowed his format for listing my build orders).
    Thanks to Greenman and Red Peasant for testing out the guide and correcting some of my transcription errors.
    Thanks to Forgivable for catching a transcription error as well.
    And thanks to all the kind comments =-)

  2. #42
    Philosopher Comrade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Commune
    Posts
    4,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Do you seriously know anyone else who advocates building 13 crannies in a serious guide? I mean the math backs me up on it, but nobody ever does it. Ha-hah!
    Actually, after seeing your post arguing the math, it's the only way I cranny. Every building spot I don't need in the near future gets a level 1 cranny until I've settled second village and I need the slot for something else.

    Also, as a footnote to this guide, following the basics of the build order and building res fields based on time until payback, I should be starting the settler walk at almost 24 days into the account.

    It should be noted, however, that I played as Roman (Had to build 6 level 10, 1 level 7, 6 level 3 crannies), had more expensive settlers, and didn't really play the market like I should have. My fields are also painfully low.
    Remember, this is an online forum. I have just as much poo to fling as you do.

    http://forum.travian.us/attachment.p...1&d=1247465912

    Quote Originally Posted by MokMonster View Post
    So if you can suck a golf bar through a garden hose and are willing to do so for the biggest/safest/most-survivalist man around, you will most likely live as long as he will.

  3. #43
    Villager
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MokMonster View Post
    Seriously, if you're going to make an accusation like this, you ought to get your facts straight. It never occurred to you that the other guy may have been the one to steal it? You're just going to assume that "I saw this someplace else, so it must have been copied from there!"? Did you look at the dates on which was posted first?

    I know you're newish to this forum, but Erik was posting all over the place about his experiments while writing this guide. I don't think there're any regular US forum folks who doubt that he did this guide.
    No mok...

    I meant i saw this guide somewhere else 4-5 months ago. Erik wrote this guide about 2 weeks ago maybe. I know Erik has been posting but i remember seeing this guide before i even made a forum account. i need to search. i wish i could prove it
    Everything is something, which is nothing, but something.

    The meaning? No one knows!

    Except me!

    PM me to know.

  4. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TAR View Post
    No mok...

    I meant i saw this guide somewhere else 4-5 months ago. Erik wrote this guide about 2 weeks ago maybe. I know Erik has been posting but i remember seeing this guide before i even made a forum account. i need to search. i wish i could prove it
    Wow. Now you're just trying to be a fool.


    I wish you could prove it too since that would be fantastic. Like unicorns dancing on double rainbows fantastic. I want to see it. I want to belieeeeeeve!

    Especially since I posted this guide 5 and a half months ago. You do realize there is a time stamp at the top of each post right? No need to search, just go back to the start of the thread and read.

    And as JD noted, the thread that got me started on this was from back in February (7 months ago). I started dabbling upon it as I tested out sim strategy as a roman on us4 (much as JD was doing). I even kept a sim diary that was posted on the forums in that thread from February.

    People asked me between February and March to write this guide. So I did. I banged it out posting just before us5's start (April 2nd) so that people could try it out there. I edited in the google doc spreadsheet a day or few later I think.

  5. #45
    Villager
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Bangladesh
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Oh sorry man. I saw it after i came back 4 days later from vacation and i thought that you might have written it then. sorry
    Everything is something, which is nothing, but something.

    The meaning? No one knows!

    Except me!

    PM me to know.

  6. #46

    Default

    Is it too late to chime in and say nice guide nearly half a year later? Simming to village #2 sounds about like the only way I might make a return to Travian (barring a chance to skip early game altogether). This is an excellent resource for someone like me who got too burned out to possibly consider jumping straight into a raiding start.

    -Shadow
    S7R1 Gemini's

    ۝ Pacman Fever Award of Munchiness ۝

  7. #47

    Default

    For the record, it took about 14 days as a Roman on speed server. Could have probably knocked 2-3 days off that if I had not been so lazy.

  8. #48

    Default

    Good to know! I considered doing another spreadsheet to test out speed server but, well... that laziness thing again- it just creeps up on ya and sits on yer face sometimes. I don't know if I want to put in the effort when who knows what other T4 changes might turn it on its head. For now I think the guide will work exactly the same for T4 though since resource/residence/settling seems to be the same.

    I did spend a little time prettying up the guide some more and adding in little bits recently. Some tactical notes, advice for settling and how to handle cropper fights (such advice by necessity must be very generalized since every opponent and fight situation is different).

  9. #49
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,787

    Default

    Shave a couple a day. Only do wheat to 7 everything else to 6.
    ~Totally unnecessary bump.

  10. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLAH View Post
    Shave a couple a day. Only do wheat to 7 everything else to 6.
    ~Totally unnecessary bump.
    Hrm... It takes almost 3 days for the 12 non-wheat fields to be upgraded to level 7 from 6.
    And that puts you about 270 less resources per hour, which adds 33 hours to the saving for residence+settlers.

    I reckon that does shave almost 2 days off. Closer to one and a half, but it is still significant.

    I've been hearing from folks that it often comes up about a day shy on CP on the level 7 field pace anywho though, so you'll have to definitely get some higher CP buildings if planning to settle any faster (barracks3+academy + moar main, market and embassy). Trouble is that getting those CP buildings earlier to have a noticeable impact on first settling time will eat into your economy so much more.

  11. #51
    Philosopher Comrade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Commune
    Posts
    4,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Hrm... It takes almost 3 days for the 12 non-wheat fields to be upgraded to level 7 from 6.
    And that puts you about 270 less resources per hour, which adds 33 hours to the saving for residence+settlers.

    I reckon that does shave almost 2 days off. Closer to one and a half, but it is still significant.

    I've been hearing from folks that it often comes up about a day shy on CP on the level 7 field pace anywho though, so you'll have to definitely get some higher CP buildings if planning to settle any faster (barracks3+academy + moar main, market and embassy). Trouble is that getting those CP buildings earlier to have a noticeable impact on first settling time will eat into your economy so much more.
    Just do what I did, build a spreadsheet to compare the time it will take you to purchase the rest of the tree to settlers to how much longer you need to wait on CP.

    I landed on the 24 day mark without much difficulty as a Roman, although the crannies probably helped my CP along wonderfully.
    Remember, this is an online forum. I have just as much poo to fling as you do.

    http://forum.travian.us/attachment.p...1&d=1247465912

    Quote Originally Posted by MokMonster View Post
    So if you can suck a golf bar through a garden hose and are willing to do so for the biggest/safest/most-survivalist man around, you will most likely live as long as he will.

  12. #52
    Villager dragunov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    133

    Default

    If this was a normal thread I would feel guilty about prolonging it's life, but considering it's a sim guide...

    Personally, I like to start off by building 1 of each field up to lv.3 before building any more fields.. cuts down on wheat upgrades, and I typically don't build any infrastructure 'til the second day when all my fields are level 3. I've only tried this without using gold or Plus, just basic accounts, so I imagine things would go much more smoothly with some gold bonuses. But as for the crannies, yeah I splurge on those and make 8 or 9 of them, and then while my settlers are outbound i waste res on getting the infrastructure to level 10.

    This takes me about a month. I usually play Roman because I like the later-game outcome better and it's worth the few extra days spent on cranny costs.
    In Soviet Russia, City Wall rams you!

    s1r9 - rickytick (hamvil 4 teh win!)
    s2r3 - Dragunov/Priest (BREW)
    s2r6 - rickytick (FEAR WW can haz 5mil D)
    s6r3 - leftshot (Name Changers)
    sXr13 - killbox (DoH)

    matt (leftshot s6): so, i've been thinking of getting a vasectomy
    KTB (s6 SweetBunny): If I had the money I'd pay for it myself

  13. #53
    Philosopher Comrade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Commune
    Posts
    4,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragunov View Post
    If this was a normal thread I would feel guilty about prolonging it's life, but considering it's a sim guide...

    Personally, I like to start off by building 1 of each field up to lv.3 before building any more fields.. cuts down on wheat upgrades, and I typically don't build any infrastructure 'til the second day when all my fields are level 3. I've only tried this without using gold or Plus, just basic accounts, so I imagine things would go much more smoothly with some gold bonuses. But as for the crannies, yeah I splurge on those and make 8 or 9 of them, and then while my settlers are outbound i waste res on getting the infrastructure to level 10.

    This takes me about a month. I usually play Roman because I like the later-game outcome better and it's worth the few extra days spent on cranny costs.
    I suppose by a certain point you're waiting on CP?
    Remember, this is an online forum. I have just as much poo to fling as you do.

    http://forum.travian.us/attachment.p...1&d=1247465912

    Quote Originally Posted by MokMonster View Post
    So if you can suck a golf bar through a garden hose and are willing to do so for the biggest/safest/most-survivalist man around, you will most likely live as long as he will.

  14. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragunov View Post
    If this was a normal thread I would feel guilty about prolonging it's life, but considering it's a sim guide...

    Personally, I like to start off by building 1 of each field up to lv.3 before building any more fields.. cuts down on wheat upgrades, and I typically don't build any infrastructure 'til the second day when all my fields are level 3. I've only tried this without using gold or Plus, just basic accounts, so I imagine things would go much more smoothly with some gold bonuses. But as for the crannies, yeah I splurge on those and make 8 or 9 of them, and then while my settlers are outbound i waste res on getting the infrastructure to level 10.

    This takes me about a month. I usually play Roman because I like the later-game outcome better and it's worth the few extra days spent on cranny costs.
    When building your first village it really pays to do the fields in the order of the quests (i.e. levels 1 then 2) since the rewards are so helpful, otherwise I'd be right there with you.

    When I build all my following villages, I actually do it like this:
    Wheat fields to 1, wheat fields to 2, wheat fields to 3, and then build my non-wheat fields individually from 1-3 before moving on to the next non-wheat field.

    I do it that way because the non-wheat fields have horrible return on investments until level 3+ so you may as well wait on levels 1 & 2 until you want to get to level 3+ right away.

  15. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    When building your first village it really pays to do the fields in the order of the quests (i.e. levels 1 then 2) since the rewards are so helpful, otherwise I'd be right there with you.

    When I build all my following villages, I actually do it like this:
    Wheat fields to 1, wheat fields to 2, wheat fields to 3, and then build my non-wheat fields individually from 1-3 before moving on to the next non-wheat field.

    I do it that way because the non-wheat fields have horrible return on investments until level 3+ so you may as well wait on levels 1 & 2 until you want to get to level 3+ right away.
    Fields from lv3-4 only give you a 7res/hr boost. What should I do to compensate for that?
    My speed, smells like french toast.
    -Ladainian Tomlinson

    US4r3 - Quick-Xrta

  16. #56
    Philosopher Comrade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Commune
    Posts
    4,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yowzatized View Post
    Fields from lv3-4 only give you a 7res/hr boost. What should I do to compensate for that?
    Build more of them?

    Really though, there isn't much you can do there to compensate for it.
    Remember, this is an online forum. I have just as much poo to fling as you do.

    http://forum.travian.us/attachment.p...1&d=1247465912

    Quote Originally Posted by MokMonster View Post
    So if you can suck a golf bar through a garden hose and are willing to do so for the biggest/safest/most-survivalist man around, you will most likely live as long as he will.

  17. #57
    Villager dragunov's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
    I suppose by a certain point you're waiting on CP?
    You know, I've never ran into that problem even without a Town Hall being built... I think it may have something to do with such a hard push on resource fields. I've also gotten a few growth badges doing this but haven't noticed a lack of CP by the time I was ready settling. Good question tho.


    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    When building your first village it really pays to do the fields in the order of the quests (i.e. levels 1 then 2) since the rewards are so helpful, otherwise I'd be right there with you.
    I like taking the rewards without doing the quests.. you know, the packets that come every 10hrs. The wheat I lose doing the rat quest hurts my resource field upgrades tremendously. Puts me back at least a day. But I'll certainly try a new experiment account your way.. follow it to a T, and then I will get back to you. If I remember, lol.
    In Soviet Russia, City Wall rams you!

    s1r9 - rickytick (hamvil 4 teh win!)
    s2r3 - Dragunov/Priest (BREW)
    s2r6 - rickytick (FEAR WW can haz 5mil D)
    s6r3 - leftshot (Name Changers)
    sXr13 - killbox (DoH)

    matt (leftshot s6): so, i've been thinking of getting a vasectomy
    KTB (s6 SweetBunny): If I had the money I'd pay for it myself

  18. #58

    Default

    Nice guide, I'm testing it out on s6 and will post my results as the servers goes along.

  19. #59
    Philosopher Comrade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Commune
    Posts
    4,517

    Default

    Along the lines of upgrading this guide to T4, I think a couple things should be quickly noted.
    1. Raiding oasis' with the random troops you get from adventures helps, at least a little. With people using traps early on to grab critters, it makes the oasis' easy to clear, and easy to raid.
    2. The quests do an excellent job of leading people into the second village. Although they are still currently a work in progress, there are quests that lead you through building a residence, getting to level 5 fields, building settlers, and settling.
    3. The hero bonuses are nice, although for the continued survival of your hero you should probably use your first set of skill points and put them into strength. After that it should probably go into resource production, barring your hero repeatedly running close to death.
    4. Items gained on adventures can be sold for usually a decent chunk of silver. This may change when we get into actual live servers, but for now you can use the silver for gold if absolutely needed.
    5. With the decrease in settler cost and increased opportunities for resource production, CP is going to be needed sooner, and probably in greater amounts. Hopefully we could break the 20 day simming settle barrier.
    6. EDIT: I also snuck by without building all the cranny infrastructure I should have, because no one was attacking me. I think the Trappers might finally be having the intended effect, and are scaring raiders away.
    Last edited by Comrade; 10-25-2010 at 05:43 PM.
    Remember, this is an online forum. I have just as much poo to fling as you do.

    http://forum.travian.us/attachment.p...1&d=1247465912

    Quote Originally Posted by MokMonster View Post
    So if you can suck a golf bar through a garden hose and are willing to do so for the biggest/safest/most-survivalist man around, you will most likely live as long as he will.

  20. #60

    Default

    Oh yes, it seems there's lots of things you can do now in T4 to speed things along.

    Finding extra troops and raiding and getting hero strength are counter to the sim strategy (no troops, use the free autododge to keep hero alive), but other than that your observations seem spot on. I think with lower costs and easier access to bonuses the sim goal post is now definitely going to be 2nd villa in less than 20 days.

    Adventuring and auctioneering is a random activity that is very difficult to account for in my guide methodology other than to say "do it". The more I see of T4 vicariously, the less interested I am in creating a T4 sim guide, or even playing it at all.

  21. #61

    Default

    New guide for T4.
    Follow Quests and do Adventures. By day 4 on speed you should be ready for 2nd village if you get Art through Auction or Adventure. Or wait until day 6 to have the CP.

    I simmed on Beta T4. I was away at work on day 4-5 or I would have settled my 2nd village on pure sim. Still did it on day 6 of the server. That matched my best as an agressive raiding Roman on T3 Speed servers.

    Settlers are much cheaper on T4.
    For Roman on T4 (4600 4200 5800 4400)= 19000
    For Roman on 3.5 (5800 5300 7200 5500) = 23800
    Last edited by JD70; 10-28-2010 at 05:44 AM.

  22. #62
    Philosopher Comrade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Commune
    Posts
    4,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JD70 View Post
    New guide for T4.
    Follow Quests and do Adventures. By day 4 on speed you should be ready for 2nd village if you get Art through Auction or Adventure. Or wait until day 6 to have the CP.

    I simmed on Beta T4. I was away at work on day 4-5 or I would have settled my 2nd village on pure sim. Still did it on day 6 of the server. That matched my best as an agressive raiding Roman on T3 Speed servers.

    Settlers are much cheaper on T4.
    For Roman on T4 (4600 4200 5800 4400)= 19000
    For Roman on 3.5 (5800 5300 7200 5500) = 23800
    And Gauls can do it faster yet, because settlers and crannies are cheaper.
    Remember, this is an online forum. I have just as much poo to fling as you do.

    http://forum.travian.us/attachment.p...1&d=1247465912

    Quote Originally Posted by MokMonster View Post
    So if you can suck a golf bar through a garden hose and are willing to do so for the biggest/safest/most-survivalist man around, you will most likely live as long as he will.

  23. #63
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,787

    Default

    zzzzz you know the best way is 6s with 7 wheat silly,

  24. #64

    Default

    Well so far on US6, this guide has been going pretty well for me.

    Here's an update:
    The server and my account are about 16 days old (I started literally the minute the server did), I am staying I am easily in the top 300 and soon in the top 250 I think.

    I haven't followed the guide exactly. Instead of building so many crannies like it said, I built one up to level 5, then realized that I wasn't getting attacked, so I stopped upgrading it. A few days later, I did get attacked by a Roman with 16 legos, but my cranny covered my resources and that was his only attack.

    Other than that I have not had ANY attacks, despite being right in the middle of the server. I know this will change once people get bigger armies and aren't afraid of loosing some troops, but I have been able to get about 2 days ahead of the schedule by not building crannies.

    I figured once I eventually get attacked, they'll realize I have a bunch of free resources, and then I'll have to stop for at least a few hours and cranny up, but I'll still be ahead of the schedule.

    Oh and by the way, I haven't joined an alliance yet (but I've got tons of messages asking me to), so not sure if that helps or hurts me as far as getting attacked. I would have been at the top of just about any alliance, and I always hear that when an alliance is attacked, the people with the highest population get targeted first, so I am a little weary of joining one.

    Anyways just wanted to post an update, thanks again for writing this guide.

  25. #65
    Philosopher Comrade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    The Commune
    Posts
    4,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrKylePenguin View Post
    Well so far on US6, this guide has been going pretty well for me.

    Here's an update:
    The server and my account are about 16 days old (I started literally the minute the server did), I am staying I am easily in the top 300 and soon in the top 250 I think.

    I haven't followed the guide exactly. Instead of building so many crannies like it said, I built one up to level 5, then realized that I wasn't getting attacked, so I stopped upgrading it. A few days later, I did get attacked by a Roman with 16 legos, but my cranny covered my resources and that was his only attack.

    Other than that I have not had ANY attacks, despite being right in the middle of the server. I know this will change once people get bigger armies and aren't afraid of loosing some troops, but I have been able to get about 2 days ahead of the schedule by not building crannies.

    I figured once I eventually get attacked, they'll realize I have a bunch of free resources, and then I'll have to stop for at least a few hours and cranny up, but I'll still be ahead of the schedule.

    Oh and by the way, I haven't joined an alliance yet (but I've got tons of messages asking me to), so not sure if that helps or hurts me as far as getting attacked. I would have been at the top of just about any alliance, and I always hear that when an alliance is attacked, the people with the highest population get targeted first, so I am a little weary of joining one.

    Anyways just wanted to post an update, thanks again for writing this guide.
    The interesting thing about building crannies is that they generate a bunch of CP.

    Let us know how holding off on crannies treats you though.
    Remember, this is an online forum. I have just as much poo to fling as you do.

    http://forum.travian.us/attachment.p...1&d=1247465912

    Quote Originally Posted by MokMonster View Post
    So if you can suck a golf bar through a garden hose and are willing to do so for the biggest/safest/most-survivalist man around, you will most likely live as long as he will.

  26. #66

    Default

    Yeah I know, I figured I'll have to wait until level 8 fields to settle. Oh well, I'm not going to get a 15c as a second village, so I don't really need to worry about a spot getting taken.

  27. #67

    Default

    i followed this guide but i was able to improve on it a little bit. i was able to settle my 2nd village at the end of day 25 with 7 level 8 fields and a level 3 flour mill instead of only lvl 7s like the guide says.

    i followed all the quests, then i only built up my fields, i didnt build anything else, until my fields were level 5 or so. at that point, i built all the crannies and also built an academy and palisade to improve culture points. then i just kept building fields until i was 3 days away from having enough culture points to make my 2nd village.

    the whole time i made about 15k resources from trades and i didnt instant build anything.
    Last edited by bobmarley; 01-23-2011 at 10:08 PM.

  28. #68
    Consul Wren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    So Chi you thought I was bashful
    Posts
    7,184

    Default

    The guide is written without use of raids OR trading for profit, so that's why you had more to play with.
    Retired.
    s3r2: Deakon - Nemesis/WFTW (winnarz!!) ...... s6r2: Anon - CD (lulz, failtrain)...... s1r4: Trogdor - 7RU


  29. #69
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,787

    Default

    Stop using the term trade when the term "using gold + a marketplace to conjure resources out of thin air" is much longer more descriptive and accurate/

  30. #70

    Default

    Yah the guide is somewhat conservative since you can cut corners and generate extra resources by making profits off the marketplace or delaying cranny/storage infrastructure at the risk of being farmed or overflowing. It is a very laid back method that is aimed at the laziest common denominator (it is a sim guide afterall!).

    Conversely, as a roman I had to build extra crannies and a higher granary for settlers and nobody wanted to trade with my stupid slow merchants so I made just a couple thousand off the markets.

    I do sometimes cut corners on crannies and rely on my activity and luck but the guide is written so that it is 100% repeatable with at least results as good as advertised.

  31. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BLAH View Post
    Stop using the term trade when the term "using gold + a marketplace to conjure resources out of thin air" is much longer more descriptive and accurate/
    haha thats funny that you would expect people to replace one word "trade" with that ridiculous sentence. but what you are saying isnt even true, i upgraded the wheat fields first, giving me an excess of wheat, which i then traded for the other 3 resources as i needed them. i only needed to use the npc a few times when i was building my settlers.

    i understand the guide is meant for the lowest common denominator but i usually am a heavy raider and i wanted to try something new, i always try to grow as fast as possible so i just applied that to simming, it was pretty fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    The guide is written without use of raids OR trading for profit, so that's why you had more to play with.
    thats not true, from the original guide

    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    If you intend to sim as a Roman or Teuton it will play much the same except you will get less profits from the marketplace
    also i didnt raid at all. and the 15k i got from the marketplace didnt even come close to paying for all the level 8 fields i had, thats less resources than what 2 level 8 fields cost.
    Last edited by To Be Somebody; 01-24-2011 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Double Post - Edit new information into your previous post

  32. #72

    Default

    Yah getting extra resources early compounds though which is why you got more out of your trades and savings than immediately apparent.

    And going all wheat then wood then clay then iron will save you if you wanna burn more gold on the NPC. I went with organic field growth to minimize gold use tho.

    There is plenty of room to optimize just most of it comes at expense of gold, luck, and activity.

    I am happy to hear folks using the guide and enjoying some success with it. *Especially* if you adapt it to your own play style and preferences.

    Cheers!

    Edit:
    I think what Wren refers to is that while I presume folks may try trading for profit, the calculations on the spreadsheet assume no trades for profit.
    Last edited by Erik; 01-24-2011 at 09:08 AM.

  33. #73

    Default

    I followed this guide to test out on s6 about a month back, it was just about right on tee. Now I'm trying it on s7 (first T4 server) and wow the sim process has really sped up.

    After the first day on s7 (T4) I was working on Day 4 items on this guide (except the crannies, gonna wait till just before the 72 hour mark to start building those).

    Now as the second day comes to a close on s7, I'm working on Day 7 items on this guide.

    I activated the 25% resources bonus' right away, have NPC'ed twice, no trades yet, and have the hero resource bonus set to all four (and I allocated all new hero xp into resource bonus so 24 bonus on each res)

    Gonna be interesting to see how quickly you can get to village two with just strictly simming. My last adventure though gave me 3 phalanx so I'm very tempted to start raiding an already cleared out oasis pretty close to me. Decisions decisions...

    Nice guide, deserves a sticky.

  34. #74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoafPincher View Post
    (and I allocated all new hero xp into resource bonus so 24 bonus on each res)
    From Hero Level 2 on you should start putting at least 1 point in strength for your hero per level, otherwise the adventures will start killing him faster than he can regenerate (even if you get snazzy items). Losing out on the resource bonus sucks, but its worth it unless you want to spend gold/silver on the auctionhouse buying ointments.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •