Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Erik's Efficient Sim Guide to Villa 2

Enrique, gracias

Very nice. I will look forward to the future discussion concerning this, and will be watching intently to see if the Green One can follow directions

I think when I started on us4, I was able to closely approximate this type of build in the first week playing as a ROMAN. However, I am too stupid, and too new to have taken the time to write down what the hell I did, and in what order.

Maybe when I am not such a dang rookie.
    US3-R3: LordOChaos (SI-2) Rookie; US3-R4: fifi (the dual); US3-R5: LordOChaos (Demons)
    US3-R8: Questionable
    US2-R5: LordOChaos (BACON)
    COM3: A Dual
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    God forbid you used any of my advice (shiver) - that would be fatal!
    That's my secret, I am always angry. Bruce Banner

@TK123
    In short, level 1 crannies are the bomb. No pop, same CP/res as a level 1 embassy and (Gaul) 200 res protection apiece.

The extra buildings are actually necessary for proper cranny coverage. If you did not have the extra 10 level 1 crannies then you would need to pay triple the cost for a level 10 cranny for the same protection and have 5 more pop, paying out 120 extra wheat per day for the pleasure, and you get 10 CP/day instead of 6/day with a level 10 cranny. Now a good and cheap way to get more CP is to either get an academy+barracks.

Going with parties will not shave off time since your limiting factor is still resources. That would actually add a day or two to your wait for settling.

It is debateable whether one ought go to level 8 fields first. You will add a couple days onto your settling date but have a big boost in production for pushing and building phalanx+fields in your spawn. You can actually shave a day off by getting settlers with level 6 fields but I do not like how little you can push afterward and the time spent sitting on settlers is longer than my comfort level allows.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of The Morning View Post
    Enrique, gracias

Very nice. I will look forward to the future discussion concerning this, and will be watching intently to see if the Green One can follow directions

I think when I started on us4, I was able to closely approximate this type of build in the first week playing as a ROMAN. However, I am too stupid, and too new to have taken the time to write down what the hell I did, and in what order.

Maybe when I am not such a dang rookie.
    Apparently, I can't.

I threw myself off schedule due to the wheat field mishap and forgetting to turn on the Gold resource bonuses (still hitting myself for that). I'll settle before JD did on s4... That is, if he's settled yet.
    Like riding a bike... Only with more typing and less riding a bike
    http://forum.travian.us/picture.php?...pictureid=3580

Daggone. Sorry again about the wheat typo. On the upside depending upon when bonuses kicked in you can probably just add a couple extra hours and tweak one NPC to hopefully cover things. That was my quick fix for when I left the rat out of my calculations in an earlier draft, but it is harsh getting delayed on day 1.

I will try to clean and put up my speadsheet this weekend since it helps to see the res totals coming up to NPC juuuust right.

I am considering spawning a test account on us5 his weekend to try it myself and then hand it off once I get villa#2.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Daggone. Sorry again about the wheat typo. On the upside depending upon when bonuses kicked in you can probably just add a couple extra hours and tweak one NPC to hopefully cover things. That was my quick fix for when I left the rat out of my calculations in an earlier draft, but it is harsh getting delayed on day 1.

I will try to clean and put up my speadsheet this weekend since it helps to see the res totals coming up to NPC juuuust right.

I am considering spawning a test account on us5 his weekend to try it myself and then hand it off once I get villa#2.
    I'm only a few hours behind, but maybe I can catch up with insta-building a few fields instead of letting them build out. One other thing I noticed scanning ahead is that you listed two Day 4s. Looks to be a mistake, which would mean that every day past the first Day 4 is actually Day n+1... Which means you settle on Day 25 instead of Day 24.

I'll keep looking, but that seems to be it for mistakes.

EDIT: Around 3 hours behind, probably more from my lack of attention to the timing of the guide than anything else (i.e.: It's Easter weekend, plus I went out the last two nights. It makes for tough guide-following when you're not thinking clearly or at a computer)
    Last edited by Greenman; 04-04-2010 at 04:11 AM.
    Like riding a bike... Only with more typing and less riding a bike
    http://forum.travian.us/picture.php?...pictureid=3580

I just popped up the google doc spreadsheet there since it helps for seeing how far out you need to balance your NPCing needs for. I would try and NPC it down to the wire as far as I could for costs.

Incidentally, you may actually wind up making the 24 day mark anyway. It is a bit conservative in the end since I just took your beginning daily production and used that for 24 hours to figure out how many more fields you can build... when in actuality as you build fields during the day your production raises a bit more.

And of course making trades on the marketplace and upgrading the market with those trades is left out of the guide, and building sooner than the wait times (i.e. 10 hours into a 12 hour wait you could probably lay down a field or two waiting for the rest of the res to pile up) will speed it along.

I think I slightly undersold the cost for residence + settlers, so it probably balances out though. It may probably be worthwhile to get that 1 residence a bit early (like partway through level 6 fields) to spot check how CP are coming along.

Worst case scenario though, if CP are coming too slowly, just get a few level 8 fields before getting settlers.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
    One other thing I noticed scanning ahead is that you listed two Day 4s. Looks to be a mistake, which would mean that every day past the first Day 4 is actually Day n+1... Which means you settle on Day 25 instead of Day 24.
    Gah. I see what I did there. Around that point I switched from counting "stuff completed at end of day" to "beginning of day." The timeline is actually still on target. After 480 hours have passed (20 days) you will have level 7 fields complete. From there it will take a bit over 4 more days to get your residence and settlers. So I suppose at the start of your 25th day is when the settlers are available.

I have the hour counting on the side of my spreadsheet. Anywho, I'll correct the day counting so it doesn't have that double-day 4 and start on day zero. Thanks again.

[edit note]
    Romans and Teuts will have to take note that they need to plunk down a few extra 2-10 levels on their 1 crannies before saving up for the residence/settlers, and they also need an extra level on their granary because they aren't awesome like gauls with inexpensive settlers.
    Last edited by Erik; 04-04-2010 at 06:16 AM.

It's only fitting that you wrote this Erik. I actually laughed when I read the title of the thread
    Quote Originally Posted by jjjjjesse View Post
    It makes you sound so much more sophisticated when you say you've just finished a good sheep shag.

I was hoping you would write this up

I'll take a couple closer looks, and talk with Fighter to see if it belongs in the FAQ/Guides section.
    Retired.
    s3r2: Deakon - Nemesis/WFTW (winnarz!!) ...... s6r2: Anon - CD (lulz, failtrain)...... s1r4: Trogdor - 7RU

Quote Originally Posted by Greenman View Post
    Apparently, I can't.

I threw myself off schedule due to the wheat field mishap and forgetting to turn on the Gold resource bonuses (still hitting myself for that). I'll settle before JD did on s4... That is, if he's settled yet.
    Actually, I started a week before Erik on s4 and followed the same basic guidelines except I am playing Roman and I purposely made a few mistakes early to get an inefficient timeline. I also had the misfortune of having a newb with cats zero my residence while saving for my 3rd settler. So it was around day 36 when I launched for second village. Erik's guide is the most efficient way of simming to start up. I really cannot see how you could shave off anymore days.

By NPCing and instant completing as soon as possible and making some nice trades on the marketplace you might be able to shave off an extra day. Likewise going for residence with level 6 fields will shave off a day... except you will be sitting on settlers forever and your ability to push villa #2 to getting its fields up will be much slower after you settle.

I think a gaul with an unlimited gold budget and very high activity could sim villa #2 in about 22 days with level 6 fields... but if you are gonna put that much work into it then you are already working as hard as the top raiders and not get nearly the amount of return on your time and resources.

I'm cursed by my aggressive nature. I can't stay out of getting into fights even when I'm a simmer. I should be on villa #4 or 5 but I decided to settle into a cropper fight with two much larger players so I have been pouring tons of resources into military and have yet to settle my 3rd villa despite having had enough CP to do it almost 2 weeks ago. I will hopefully get back on track by May, after having quickly taken a couple villas at the end of April. I will have 100% oases captured by then at my 15c and I already finished my level 10 fields there (spawn is about done too... just need to get a trade office so I can push ~40k res/day). Catas and clear will be started and ready in less than 2 weeks.