Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Roman Guide T3.6

Tradesperson
    He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

Ok, i corrected the changes for t3.5 and t3.6
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hohenheim of Light View Post
    Yea, they kinda did. We were kinda #3 in raiders during the 2nd week. It isn't hard considering Teutons can't raid with the 3.6 restrictions : )
    Yes, 2nd week. 7 days is only a week. Please stop confusing yourself, and even if it is "kinda" it is still not justifying that you did manage to pull off over 200k resources in a week.

Edit: Can you also please stop double posting, you will get hardcore de-rep from users. There is an "Edit" button for you there to edit your posts.
    http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/3791/chrise.gif

Quote Originally Posted by BLAH View Post
    HINDIll i comin back a a big red zombi tiger

Tradesperson

Quote Originally Posted by chris parks View Post
    Yes, 2nd week. 7 days is only a week. Please stop confusing yourself, and even if it is "kinda" it is still not justifying that you did manage to pull off over 200k resources in a week.

Edit: Can you also please stop double posting, you will get hardcore de-rep from users. There is an "Edit" button for you there to edit your posts.
    We DID pull more than 200k resources in week 2.
    Thanks

Tradesperson

Quote Originally Posted by chris parks View Post

Hey, i have one question. Did you play T3.6 yet? as a Roman?
    Thanks

Hey, i have one question. Did you play T3.6 yet? as a Roman?
    Nope, but my statement still stands. I am with a endgame on S5 which started in February playing as Romans.

We DID pull more than 200k resources in week 2.
    But you still haven't managed 200k resources in a week, and you tell people they should have much troops and a second village by then? Look at this post.

I am usually at around 100 EIs at the time I found my second city… A good Roman should have 100 EIs by the 6th or 7th day. After you obtain 100 EIs, you need to found a second village.
    If you can't manage it yourself with experienced players, and this "guide/advertisement" is saying you should have these accomplished in less time you managed too for expierienced players such as Teutons/Gauls, it doesn't make sense.

Edit: I rated this thread 5 stars??? I only looked at this thread just now and I didn't even rate!
    Last edited by chris parks; 01-02-2010 at 09:24 AM.

Tradesperson

You kinda forgot to read this.

(Depends on when you spawn, usually the 3rd day or later)

I'm assuming a person is spawning on the 3rd or 4th day, not on the first day. Which allows an individual the possibility to raid 200k to 300k resources. On the 2nd week, we raided approximately 500k resources. The top raider, new2travian, a Tueton, logged in 900k resources. Having their 2nd village by the 8th, 9th, 10th day may most likely signify anywhere from 12-15 days into the server depending on when you spawn.
    Thanks

Tradesperson

Opps I kinda forgot to add. This is our raiding total in week 4. 2905646
    Thanks

You kinda forgot to read this.

(Depends on when you spawn, usually the 3rd day or later)

I'm assuming a person is spawning on the 3rd or 4th day, not on the first day. Which allows an individual the possibility to raid 200k to 300k resources. On the 2nd week, we raided approximately 500k resources. The top raider, new2travian, a Tueton, logged in 900k resources.
    Earlier you said you and others managed to raid 200k resources on the second week already, and now you change it too 500k? And the top raider is a Teuton, not a Roman.
    Last edited by chris parks; 01-02-2010 at 09:39 AM.

Yea, they kinda did. We were kinda #3 in raiders during the 2nd week. It isn't hard considering Teutons can't raid with the 3.6 restrictions : )

If you had 100 Legs, 100 EIs and got your 2nd villa by the 7th day as you insist can be done with a good team, then you managed to raid over 360k resources in that period of time at the very start of the server, when usually there aren't enough good farms to reliably supply that kind of ownage. You'd have to start at least a week in and then get really lucky and have a bunch of larger farms all to yourself. It will inevitably happen to the a player here or there, but more often as not they will get stuck next to another raider or just not have any solid farms in range.

I just checked the world analyzer.

Ruffles got their 2nd village on their 13th day
    Rational got their 2nd village on their 13th day
    Ultimo got their 2nd village on their 7th day

Ultimo there is damned impressive and at least some of that is fantastic luck in getting great farms to themselves, and of course spawning later (which gives a head start to the people who spawn on day 1).

In 3.6 more than 3.5, cavalry become gods of early raiding since they can pick clean the inactive 2 pops when they leave BP first to get that easy 3200 resources, and they use less of the rally point limit to bring in more goods. It is unlikely that straight legos are superior to teching cavalry in 3.6, but it is potentially something worth considering if you have enough solid farms in range.

Tradesperson

Well I think I should fix the guide since everyone on my team was great : D. Also, I don't think any Roman just stayed Lego until their 2nd village. Remember, Rally point restrictions tend to bring down the purely infantry strategy.
    Last edited by Hohenheim of Light; 01-02-2010 at 09:47 AM.
    Thanks