Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roman Guide T3.6

Tradesperson
    He drove his expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

I actually think it's pretty good considering we're number 9 using this strategy.
    Thanks

Tradesperson

Are you kidding me!? T's Roman Guide asks a person to do quests, and sim. It isn't really aggressive... This is meant for T3.6, not speed server...

Sometimes, guys on the forum can be real jerks.
    Last edited by Hohenheim of Light; 01-02-2010 at 06:11 PM.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hohenheim of Light View Post
    Are you kidding me!? T's Roman Guide asks a person to do quests, and sim. It isn't really aggressive... This is meant for T3.6, not speed server...

Hmmmm.... I just read your sig. I am thinking it should be a requirement to finish a round of travian before attempting to write a guide. Just a thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvessa View Post
    No, GWC makes no excuses for their actions. The typical GWC response is, "**** you." This is, of course, if one gets a response at all.
    usx 1-7,11,12 Ares-GoD - usx 13 Apocalypse - usx 14 Aegis - us5x Hells Kitchen

www.godswrathclan.net

Tradesperson

Quote Originally Posted by AresGoD View Post
    Hmmmm.... I just read your sig. I am thinking it should be a requirement to finish a round of travian before attempting to write a guide. Just a thought.
    Yes, you're right. I've only played .com servers for the last 3 years; I didn't finish a US server yet. Hopefully us3 will be my first finished US server. I kinda came and went because there wasn't much action on us1, 6, or 8.
    Last edited by Hohenheim of Light; 01-02-2010 at 07:25 PM.
    Thanks

Not really being a jerk, just stating my opinion. Mostly I prefer to take advice from someone who at least knows how to use the forums and does not keep double or triple posting.

Anyone is more than welcome to accept your advice. I just think it would be a mistake.

Tradesperson

Yea, this guide is meant for T3.6 not speed. Hey, where are the mods? They should comment as well.

Oh, btw. we're ranked top 10 in us3.
    Last edited by Hohenheim of Light; 01-02-2010 at 07:54 PM.
    Thanks

Yes, you're right. I've only played .com servers for the last 3 years; I didn't finish a US server yet. Hopefully us3 will be my first finished US server. I kinda came and went because there wasn't much action on us1, 6, or 8.
    Please, don't lie. You didn't leave becuase there was lack of action. You left because you got pwned.

Also, you continue to say "yell at stupidus". Yet you copied his idea, so why the hell can't we yell at you for copying it.

Banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Baghernia View Post
    Again like most guides, its just another person showing off.
    K thanks

Banned.

O I read moar of the thread.

Speed heads this aint a speed guide dont comment plz. & if you are still doing the leggie based opener in 3.6 u iz a complete idiot.

OK, so I'm trying Roman for the first time and checking out 3.6, just for the Holiday break since I'm off work. (I started Christmas day and plan to stick around until I plant a 2nd village and/or a horse watering thingy).

However, after reading some other posts I've altered my strategy some and started upgrading more fields than usual.

I'm still building troops and raiding as close to 24/7 as a one-person run account can be, but I'm worried about all the farms disappearing. Thus the change in strategy. Any thoughts? Or should the inactives deletion be more of a reason to push for calvary quicker? I guess I'm thinking to balance farming and fields. Can you address this in your guide?
    KISSRolled ROFL, everytime...(You Tube)

[3:01:05 PM] Hej: RK has never attacked anybody ever
    [3:01:17 PM] thx.alex: RK's a BREW farm
    [9:14:49 PM] CryoStyle: im my own special club
    s6r1: lol...
    s2r3: BREW
    s4r3: DED(retired)

Banned.

If you are one person / lazy

Just cranny/ up fields to 7. Save up

expand
    (takes like 24- 25 days)

Get a noob ring cropper.
    Go crazy with eis.

Tradesperson

Quote Originally Posted by Drummit View Post
    OK, so I'm trying Roman for the first time and checking out 3.6, just for the Holiday break since I'm off work. (I started Christmas day and plan to stick around until I plant a 2nd village and/or a horse watering thingy).

However, after reading some other posts I've altered my strategy some and started upgrading more fields than usual.

I'm still building troops and raiding as close to 24/7 as a one-person run account can be, but I'm worried about all the farms disappearing. Thus the change in strategy. Any thoughts? Or should the inactives deletion be more of a reason to push for calvary quicker? I guess I'm thinking to balance farming and fields. Can you address this in your guide?
    Great! You'll fit in perfectly. Don't worry, we're a top Roman, top 20, that spawned 4 weeks ago and our farms still haven't deleted. Just follow this strategy and you'll be fine. Trust me, this is the one we used. In T3.6 you need EIs for far raiding because of the limits.

Also, guys who've played speed, don't comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonius View Post
    Please, don't lie. You didn't leave becuase there was lack of action. You left because you got pwned.

Also, you continue to say "yell at stupidus". Yet you copied his idea, so why the hell can't we yell at you for copying it.
    Ask BLAH. I've been with him a couple of times.
    Last edited by Woden; 01-03-2010 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Double-post
    Thanks

If you are reading this you are a stalker.

nice guide.
    US2: Ritter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost In Confusion 3 View Post
    Don't get me started on the smell of your bodily functions.
    http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/r...nbnfntxs-1.png

Quote Originally Posted by BLAH View Post
    O I read moar of the thread.

Speed heads this aint a speed guide dont comment plz. & if you are still doing the leggie based opener in 3.6 u iz a complete idiot.
    Leg spamming for 2nd villa does save you a lot of resources that would be spent on EIs. It is really a sliding scale for whether it is worth your while to get cavalry or just stick with legos largely based upon what your neighborhood looks like.

If you are in an area with productive farms that are solely yours in your 21x21, then legs will get the job done and for many less resources than the EIs. You can have 100-200 legs basically canvassing the entire area with a rally point of maybe level 3-5 depending upon your dual coverage and activity. 20 constant raids of 5-10 troops will get you pretty good farming coverage if you have the 24/7 crazy active dual set up.

If there are an abundance of 2 pop quitters in your area or raiding competition, especially teuts, then you don't just want, but in fact neeeeed cavalry to get to those 3200 beginner protection resources first and to smite the local teut so that you have no competition and maybe even collect all those resources that they gathered for you.

A problem with starting a week late to get superior farming is that it is a huge gamble. If you get stuck next to another heavy raider doing the same schtick, or if you get put in an area with crappy farms then you have wasted your time. I am certain that there are other dual teams that attempted this same strategy and did not luck into having an awesome playground to play in. You will only notice the awesome ones because they got lucky in their landing zone.

The best plan is usually to start on day 1, sim up some fields and get a larger raiding force just before BP ends, and then basically start just as every other hard core raider, hitting the easy targets to tech up to cavalry and steal the 2 pop villas and efficiently raid the best farms you can find. If you get very lucky and start on day 1 and have the set up of neighbors as described for when it is a good idea to run legos then not only will you get your expansion around your 8-9th day of the server, but you will do so on the actual 8-9th day of the server and be buffing up your cropper while the guys starting a week late are still in BP and do not have cavalry yet.

Anywho, I stand by Hohenheim's words that this is not a guide at all but just an advertisement for romans.

If you are a veteran player with like-minded 3 dual partners and a plan to dominate via raiding then this guide tells you absolutely nothing that that you did not know back when you were just finished being a newbie. If you are a newbie, then it tells nothing of the nuances of how to to do what they intend to accomplish. Basically, the information is useless to newbies and useless to veterans. Okay as an advertisement that Romans have become awesome in 3.5 and beefed further in 3.6... which is not exactly news to anyone who has played before.

Unless a guide is simply showing the math for what activities (building orders, troop training orders, where to settle) are the most efficient or effective, the it is going to fail because no guide will account for your neighbors. If you get placed next to an unfriendly aggressive but competent player, then every single guide out there fails because you have to adapt to your situation.

If two like minded accounts, a teut and a roman spawn near each other and each are pillaging the area then all things being equal the teut is still going to **** the roman because their maces will out-raid the legs (as awesome as 3.5 legs are, they are still 2/3 more expensive than maces and a notch slower as well, cranny dipping as gravy), the roman cavalry thus will not happen before they get out of BP, and god help the roman if they attempt to save up to research EIs once the teut puts the heat on.

The only way the roman has a chance to win against the teut in that case is not by trying to be a better raider but by being a persistent *** and hitting him constantly.

Oh well. Honny didn't write a guide anyway. He admitted as much.

Tradesperson

Erik, make a Roman account on T3.6 and find out if Lego spamming is worth it. It can be used both as a guide and as an advertisement. I never said this wasn't a guide. The title says "T3.6 Roman Guide!"

Anyhow, this "guide" basically shows how changes in T3.6 affects the Roman strategy. I don't really see any T3.5 or T 3.6 guide for Romans, that's why I'm writing one. For those who are not appreciative of this guide, please right your own Travian Roman Guides due to the lack of many on the forums.

THIS GUIDE IS FOR T3.6, and can be used for T3.5, NOT SPEED.

Anyhow, my advice is able because I actually play a Roman account on us3, the only server so far in the US to upgrade to T3.6. So, for those who haven't played T3.6, please don't refute me until you have played it.

You can't really say playing baseball isn't hard, if you haven't played it yet.

Again, I wrote a guide for T3.6 as an alternative to any of the other Roman guides on the forums, which tell you to sim your fields to level 5 before doing anything...
    Last edited by Hohenheim of Light; 01-03-2010 at 03:36 AM.
    Thanks

Tradesperson

Quote Originally Posted by -__- View Post
    nice guide.
    Yay, finally some appreciation.

If you've never played T3.6, don't comment. This isn't a guide for you.
    Thanks

Yay, finally some appreciation.
    WHATTT!!! check the first comment of this guide.

soooomehow you have forgot me

1. Get a barracks.
    2. Build your starter unit
    3. Raid under XXX pop in XXX number
    4. Get XXX number of your starter unit
    5. Tech to cavalry
    6. Get XXX of cavalry
    7. Beat up the competition
    8. Throw a party
    9. Build a residence
    10. Get settlers
    11. Settle a cropper
    12. Build HDP

All with more or less arbitrary time limits. (XXX= some random number)

I am also opposed to your statement Romans need gold. Last round I played as Roman (USX6) , I made top 500 or so on speed whilst in an alliance at war with the top 1,3,6 alliances. In the same quad.

My take on Romans:
    Hard as hell to start up, but once you get rolling, its good. I prefer enough leggos to hit my 13X13. Then its straight to EIs, preferably doing this in the middle of the nighttime of that server. Less need of dodging and such. Keep a steady number of leggos, hit all your safe targets and such with your EIs.

If you manage to get EIs and maintain some sort of activity level, you're going to do quite well. It'll be a simple matter to take out all but the best Teuts, and half of them will probably kill each other off and you can reach some sort of arrangement with whats left. If not, pretend you're a noob, and slip them the old one leggo EI horde counter trick. Just watch out for dem spears, though I doubt they'll have enough to do much damage to your EIs.

Double build is great for the decent player without a massive gold supply. Sim, sim, sim. It works for you better than any other player of your level and resources of a different tribe. Wheat efficiency is also great. If you can get a Teuton buddy to play with you, you've got it made. Mace+Imp, Spear+Praet= WIN.

pfft, blame stupidus.... Everyones criticizm of your terrible guide, isn't based on the part you copied from stupidus... its the weak light part, where you talk about how this will get you into the top 20... just bcause you got into the top 10...

Theres barely anything in this guide that tells you how to get into the top 10...

Its newbie guide, then hey heres a few paragraphs... and you're in the top zzzz pathetic...

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll&Hyde View Post
    0. Start 3-7 days after server open, be a veteran and dual with 3 other good veterans
    1. Get a barracks.
    2. Build your starter unit
    3. Raid under XXX pop in XXX number
    4. Get XXX number of your starter unit
    5. Tech to cavalry
    6. Get XXX of cavalry
    7. Beat up the competition
    8. Throw a party
    9. Build a residence
    10. Get settlers
    11. Settle a cropper
    12. Build HDP

All with more or less arbitrary time limits. (XXX= some random number)
    You needed step 0 for before the round starts. Then you have this... guide in a nut shell.
    Nothing special, nothing helpful.

J&H's is 1000x better because it can be easily referenced and it only takes 10 seconds to read and it is not full of information that veterans already know, and information that is unhelpful to newbies. If you don't have the 24/7 dual team that knows how to handle obstacles and provide mega activity for 24/7 raiding then the results of trying to follow steps 1-12 are not impressive at all. In fact if you get a crummy starting spot even with the dual team again, your results won't be that impressive either. But if enough people do this strategy, then some of them will get lucky and hit the lottery on farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    You needed step 0 for before the round starts. Then you have this... guide in a nut shell.
    Nothing special, nothing helpful.

J&H's is 1000x better because it can be easily referenced and it only takes 10 seconds to read and it is not full of information that veterans already know, and information that is unhelpful to newbies. If you don't have the 24/7 dual team that knows how to handle obstacles and provide mega activity for 24/7 raiding then the results of trying to follow steps 1-12 are not impressive at all. In fact if you get a crummy starting spot even with the dual team again, your results won't be that impressive either. But if enough people do this strategy, then some of them will get lucky and hit the lottery on farming.
    Ahh, you are correct. That is quite important.

In my opinion, all the guides have been more or less written. Someone just needs to write a how to farm guide, and an explanation about cavalry and dealing with the neighbor. Which I am willing to do as soon as school lightens up a bit.

Actually, all you need is to send overnight raids. True, you lose the benefit of raiding 16 or so hours of the day, but it works well enough. If you do that, you build crannies to protect your resources and bide your time. It'll take longer to get the stone rolling, but you'll get there. And as a beginner, you should probably expect to do this. You don't get to hold a WW or lead a top 10 alliance your first round. Usually.

If your spawn sucks, delete and restart. It's that simple. Ideally, you'd have every member of your dual team spawn an account, then pick the best one and delete the rest and all hop on. I've done that pretty much every round, and its worked.

Benchmarks are more or less arbitrary. The amount of infantry you want to raid with is a choice. Teching to cavalry before your second village is a choice. Settling your hammer village next to the cropper is a choice as your second village is a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll&Hyde View Post
    Ideally, you'd have every member of your dual team spawn an account, then pick the best one and delete the rest and all hop on. I've done that pretty much every round, and its worked.
    I know that happens a lot, but the MH can and does delete accounts for doing that sometimes. If they see multiple accounts for one ip, even if one is deleting already, they sometimes delete both. At least in the early game this extra prejudice (deletion instead of just banning) is done to keep people from multi-spawning for a premium location.

So if doing that the safest thing is have only 3 of the duals create accounts, and for the best spot have the leftover person(s) join up there. Have the others deleting not log in other than as sitter (as only 2 will be sitterable) until their villages are completely gone.

That should be the by the book legal way to do it, and certainly will never get your accounts deleted.

Lots 'o problems

1 - start date. FAR too early. ppl continue to copy Nailzz's day 3 start comment, but that is timed for speed and has been rendered fully, violently incorrect with the population of new servers these days. My best guess now is the start of week 4 or 5.

2 - 100 legos. 3x too many. Speedheads can raid with legos fine, but not normal server folk. never have, never will. you'll have much better luck pretending you're an overpriced gaul and using hugglebear's guide.

3 - guide's detail. entirely lacking. what infrastructure do you want to build? Built-in CP? fields? -wheat? ultra-active noobs are painfully successful in travian, because big raiding cures many ills, but they never do it 'right' and have never thought about their strategy. Don't believe that hohenheim is anything but an overactive nub. the rough guidelines of how a squad of three managed to jump into the top page of stats is almost entirely meaningless, especially when written by someone who's 3/3 on deletions.

4 - timing. at least 150% too fast. guides should be written for the masses, not the #1, 4, and 5 raiders on the server.
    Retired.
    s3r2: Deakon - Nemesis/WFTW (winnarz!!) ...... s6r2: Anon - CD (lulz, failtrain)...... s1r4: Trogdor - 7RU

Farmhand

Wren be nice. I agree it was a horrible guide, but dont hurt his feelings about it.

Banned.

[QUOTE=Erik;1788640]Leg spamming for 2nd villa does save you a lot of resources that would be spent on EIs. It is really a sliding scale for whether it is worth your while to get cavalry or just stick with legos largely based upon what your neighborhood looks like.

OOO I love having something on Erik

Neighborhoods universally look better in 3.6 and there's auto dodge.

So if you aint one of those crazies trying to do it none gold theres 0 reason to go leggies now if you are doing any sort of raiding beyond minimalist scale. Due to the flip around rate you may be able to argue for it in speed still but I dont really think so.

Tradesperson

Wren, I dual with you!
    Thanks

Wren, I dual with you!
    since when?
    Retired.
    s3r2: Deakon - Nemesis/WFTW (winnarz!!) ...... s6r2: Anon - CD (lulz, failtrain)...... s1r4: Trogdor - 7RU

I know that happens a lot, but the MH can and does delete accounts for doing that sometimes. If they see multiple accounts for one ip, even if one is deleting already, they sometimes delete both. At least in the early game this extra prejudice (deletion instead of just banning) is done to keep people from multi-spawning for a premium location.

So if doing that the safest thing is have only 3 of the duals create accounts, and for the best spot have the leftover person(s) join up there. Have the others deleting not log in other than as sitter (as only 2 will be sitterable) until their villages are completely gone.

That should be the by the book legal way to do it, and certainly will never get your accounts deleted.
    Last round, I had a group of 4 people. We spawned two accounts with an original plan to play both, but then piled onto one when we found raiding with a successful Roman and Teut was too much work. That was a good Teut. We suicided off 2K mace (pretty amazing for second week of speed) and pretty much killed everything in the Roman's 21X21.

Accounts were spawned by different people. I did one and my cousin (who lives in Korea) did the other. Everything was done to maximize legitablility. <-- not a word

My philosophy is to simply spam troops and raid like crazy early game. Do that, build a few scouts, and upgrade wheat fields. Build a flour mill when it becomes cost efficient (I forget when exactly). After you get comfy, go for the second village. Never failed me.

Wren, I dual with you!
    I hereby move that Wren be renamed as "The Village Bicycle"

Tradesperson

Well I was with Blah at least on us6.
    Thanks

I hereby move that Wren be renamed as "The Village Bicycle"
    while i do know everyone worthwhile, it's not in that sense

with BLAH? 0_0

in the alliance or 'do-nothing' dual isn't good enough, and definitely not one of my doolz.
    Retired.

ANY credibility you just had vanished
    Server 2: Mother Popcorn

Hey guys, should I follow his advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Flare View Post
    Hey guys, should I follow his advice?
    Sure.

Use your knowledge from having played multiple servers, team up with 3 other like-minded experts who want to all be super active with you starting out to raid heavily but intelligently. Using tremendous profits from raiding, get lots more troops (and tech to cavalry to get lots of those too) and continue raiding until you are getting so many resources that you can slam down the infrastructure and parties and what not to get your 2nd village in what is nearly record time. Then just continue being awesome.

Following this advice won't tell you how to do any of those things, it ruther assumes you already know how to be all that you can be, and just tells you to do it. So by all means, follow this advice, and doooooooooo it!

Sure.

Use your knowledge from having played multiple servers, team up with 3 other like-minded experts who want to all be super active with you starting out to raid heavily but intelligently. Using tremendous profits from raiding, get lots more troops (and tech to cavalry to get lots of those too) and continue raiding until you are getting so many resources that you can slam down the infrastructure and parties and what not to get your 2nd village in what is nearly record time. Then just continue being awesome.

Following this advice won't tell you how to do any of those things, it ruther assumes you already know how to be all that you can be, and just tells you to do it. So by all means, follow this advice, and doooooooooo it!
    Hey, what are you talking about?

wow great guide