Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaul Guide

Thank you very much for thise guide. Very insightful with a lot of great tips. Every new gaul player should read this. Well done!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zingoleb
    Nargle nargle FLOOOOOF gurpoppa de doodle de DOOFLE MARK GET YOUR REAR IN HERE I rarfum, I rarf 'em good! HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Angel
    "The police came and took my picture and told me I was banned from America forever. I don't really care but my parents aren't very happy."

Late comment but when I started on S4 I used this guide since I had never played guals. Now I'm in the top 18000 and have 3 villages and I started 2 months late.

Great work. I'll be passing it along to my friend who just started playing. I got sick of answering his questions lol. I did notice one thing in this paragraph though...

Quote Originally Posted by Stupidus View Post
    Moderate defense bonus from the Palisade: The Gallic Palisade is the middle ground of the Roman City Wall and the Teutonic Earth Wall. What I mean by this is that is is slightly less durable than the Teutonic wall, but still provides more of a defensive bonus (although less than that of a Roman's). It is a terrific wall when leveled up though.
    I almost thought you made a mistake, but I think I get what you were trying to say. By durability you meant that the palisade is easier to take down with rams than an earth wall is. The first time I read it, it seemed like you said the palisade provided less defense than the earth wall, which was not true. I read through the guide and don't remember you saying anything about the different durabilities of the walls. If you did mean what I think you mean, is it possible to rephrase this to make it more understandable for new players. Maybe something like this?:

The Gallic Palisade is the middle ground of the Roman City Wall and the Teutonic Earth Wall. What I mean by this is that it provides slightly more defense than the Teutonic Earth Wall and slightly less defense than the Roman City Wall. When being attacked by rams, the Palisade is knocked down more easily than the Teutonic Earth Wall, but less easily than the Roman City Wall. No matter what, it's a terrific wall once leveled up.

An alternative suggestion would be to say all of that, but replace the second to last sentence with: "When being attacked by rams, the Palisade is more durable to attacks than the Roman City Wall, but less durable to attacks than the Teutonic Earth Wall."

You switched from saying Gaulish to Gallic partway through the first post. I believe Gallic is the proper term. I don't really mind, but I figured I'd point it out since I was trying to offer a little constructive criticism.

If I am entirely mistaken, please let me know. Overall, I give it 8 thumbs up
    Nichts--><--Me

Default Wow!?!?!?!

Thanks is helped Me!! A LOT!!
    ~KingBurg (Gauls Rule)
    If you wan't My resources you'll have to look in every nook & CRANNY!!

Talking

thank you guys for all the useful information.

good job dude
    I don't like you so dont bother

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mark View Post
    Great work. I'll be passing it along to my friend who just started playing. I got sick of answering his questions lol. I did notice one thing in this paragraph though...

I almost thought you made a mistake, but I think I get what you were trying to say. By durability you meant that the palisade is easier to take down with rams than an earth wall is. The first time I read it, it seemed like you said the palisade provided less defense than the earth wall, which was not true. I read through the guide and don't remember you saying anything about the different durabilities of the walls. If you did mean what I think you mean, is it possible to rephrase this to make it more understandable for new players. Maybe something like this?:

The Gallic Palisade is the middle ground of the Roman City Wall and the Teutonic Earth Wall. What I mean by this is that it provides slightly more defense than the Teutonic Earth Wall and slightly less defense than the Roman City Wall. When being attacked by rams, the Palisade is knocked down more easily than the Teutonic Earth Wall, but less easily than the Roman City Wall. No matter what, it's a terrific wall once leveled up.

An alternative suggestion would be to say all of that, but replace the second to last sentence with: "When being attacked by rams, the Palisade is more durable to attacks than the Roman City Wall, but less durable to attacks than the Teutonic Earth Wall."

You switched from saying Gaulish to Gallic partway through the first post. I believe Gallic is the proper term. I don't really mind, but I figured I'd point it out since I was trying to offer a little constructive criticism.

If I am entirely mistaken, please let me know. Overall, I give it 8 thumbs up
    Yes Gallic is the right term but I made the guide in pieces and switched around a lot. I need to edit this anyways.

nice guide
    YOUR MOM!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stupidus View Post
    The other for you is the Druid Rider, which does do more defense than Phalanx for infantry, but it doesn't fare as well versus cavalry.
    I think this should be reworded because of a bit of a technicality: Thing is, Druidriders have more cavalry defense than Phalanx (phalanx have 50 cav defense, riders have 55). So saying that they "don't fare as well versus cavalry" isn't really accurate.

If you're talking about resource management, yes, the more expensive cost of the 'riders make them less practical for cavalry defense, but fact is that strictly statistics-wise the 'riders ARE better at cav defense.

That is all that stuck out to me, and it's really just a minor thing. Other than that, great guide for the beginner Gaul players.

Thumbs up amazing

very very good guide!!

I have spoken