Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wren's FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by argonaught View Post
    Hey Wren what about throwing in something about effective attacking?
    care to be more specific? maybe in question form?

maybe TUS needs a how-to?
    Retired.
    s3r2: Deakon - Nemesis/WFTW (winnarz!!) ...... s6r2: Anon - CD (lulz, failtrain)...... s1r4: Trogdor - 7RU

Default End game

I was tring to find out if any one singal alliance of 60 has ever won an end game. WW lvl-100.

Yes. On dkx it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by king of gondor View Post
    I was tring to find out if any one singal alliance of 60 has ever won an end game. WW lvl-100.
    There has been one on the first round of a spanish server i think. other than that no

Nicely done. I'd rep you but erm... you know.

Either way, is there a way to make this stand out more? I think most people, (myself included when I was new) skip right over the sticky's. Can we enbolden these or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Valynor View Post
    Nicely done. I'd rep you but erm... you know.

Either way, is there a way to make this stand out more? I think most people, (myself included when I was new) skip right over the sticky's. Can we enbolden these or something?
    I think sticky status is about all that can be done.
    Retired.
    s3r2: Deakon - Nemesis/WFTW (winnarz!!) ...... s6r2: Anon - CD (lulz, failtrain)...... s1r4: Trogdor - 7RU

Question

I read the FAQ about reputation but I am still wondering how to give reputaion to other players.
    us8 - gorath grim dual Drew

may my macemen rest in peace

Quote Originally Posted by gorath grim View Post
    I read the FAQ about reputation but I am still wondering how to give reputaion to other players.
    You have to be a member for a month, have 20 (or more) rep, and have 100 posts.

Yeah but thats especially hard when no one reps you, Ive had 3 rep for like 5 months now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinasilna View Post
    Ok ... I'm getting tired of coming in here and asking questions and everyone always telling me to use the search function. I swear, if I hear the word search one more time I'm going to go postal and catapult everyone in my 801x801. No, I don't have catapults yet, but when I get them you all better watch out!
    DONT CLICK THE NINJA!!
    ~Amaaaaazing guide made by Nichts~

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    that's ridiculous.

well put my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Bear View Post
    You have to be a member for a month, have 20 (or more) rep, and have 100 posts.
    im sorry for the correction SB, but i do believe you need to have 50 positive reputation points to be a trades person, they changed it when the new forum ranking system came about a few months back. 20 rep allows you to be a villager, but they cannot leave reputation.
    server2= striker95
    signature made possible by dixy_normous. he can make you a neat siggie too!
    http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/4827/bustor.gif

Quote Originally Posted by bustrbladr77 View Post
    im sorry for the correction SB, but i do believe you need to have 50 positive reputation points to be a trades person, they changed it when the new forum ranking system came about a few months back. 20 rep allows you to be a villager, but they cannot leave reputation.
    Whoops.

Thanks for the correction.

fwiw, there have been a few additions and corrections. Expansion slots and rep questions have been especially clarified. As always, I'm glad to take suggestions for more questions to add.

Also, jd70's cat guide is linked.
    Retired.

I've always been fond of the catapult damage charts here:

http://forum.travian.us/showthread.php?t=55538&page=2

Thank you for this faq and taking the time to write it. I have been looking through this forum for a few months now and come to the point where I just have to ask a few questions because I need to make a choice of strategy in game. Please excuse the background involved in the questions, as I can never seem to simply just ask anything straight out, but I shall try to keep it short and bold the actual questions.

All those inactive accounts that are conveniently spread around for me to farm are very nice but I wonder, is there a time when they will just disappear due to inactivity?

Which leads to the next question. There is one high resource farm in particular that is being hit quite regularly by another player fairly close to me. I know this because it started happening shortly after he started building armies (thankfully he is low on scouts) and I have been sending scouts over almost constantly. His total army size is bigger than mine, but his raiding parties are a different story. I intend him to disappear eventually and sooner rather than later, which leads me to this question.

Can I legally send some men to reinforce the farm along with wheat to feed them while they sit and wait for his smaller raiding squads to show up?

Which leads to another question which I am fairly sure is illegal, but still must ask since I am on the subject of rules and all.
    if someone was being attacked and had a few extra hundred resources that could not spent before the attack hit, could he/she send them off to a farm with the express intent of raiding it back after the attack had gone by?
    Something came into my mind once that someone had done some such thing when I hit a place expecting resources and found none, but that also brings up another possiblity and question:

If being attacked, can I send all my extra resources to a friend and he return them all after the attack is gone? or does this violate the push rules? Assuming I could trust said friend to return them of course.

Thank you
    Last edited by Ehrin; 01-25-2010 at 09:24 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrin View Post
    All those inactive accounts that are conveniently spread around for me to farm are very nice but I wonder, is there a time when they will just disappear due to inactivity?
    There is. The formula isn't publically known, but there's a point at which any account will delete from inactivity. It tends to be on the scale of BP for the 2 pop-ers.

Can I legally send some men to reinforce the farm along with wheat to feed them while they sit and wait for his smaller raiding squads to show up?
    yup

if someone was being attacked and had a few extra hundred resources that could not spent before the attack hit, could he/she send them off to a farm with the express intent of raiding it back after the attack had gone by?
    yes

If being attacked, can I send all my extra resources to a friend and he return them all after the attack is gone?
    you may
    Retired.

I love this game, and most of your forum posts have contributed to that love.
    Thank you Wren for helping out us newbs so well!!

Letheso

If being attacked, can I send all my extra resources to a friend and he return them all after the attack is gone? or does this violate the push rules?
    you may
    I thought under the new system enforced pushing rules, this would not necessarily be the case. Also, sending to a friend would have to either be under the pushing limit or returned within 24 hours under the non-system enforced method.

Since this strategy is for people with only one village and the push limits would be pretty low, I guess my question then is...

you may
    really?

Thank you for your help throughout the forums [not sarcasm, ignore the sig]

Quote Originally Posted by Letheso View Post
    I thought under the new system enforced pushing rules, this would not necessarily be the case. Also, sending to a friend would have to either be under the pushing limit or returned within 24 hours under the non-system enforced method.

Since this strategy is for people with only one village and the push limits would be pretty low, I guess my question then is...

really?

Thank you for your help throughout the forums [not sarcasm, ignore the sig]
    One assumes that the unspent resources fit inside the push limits (especially with the rule that you can use a whole week's worth of push at the same time) and you'd be able to send them in the first place.

From there the repay clause of his situation takes over. When the friend sends everything back, it makes any amount legal under the current rules and undoes the push within the new set.
    Retired.

Letheso

Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification!

Why isn't there a manual?
    Oh, but there is! Google Docs version.
    Added this
    Retired.

Philosopher

Added this
    I like it, but none of the links in the table of contents work for me. Well, I shouldn't say don't work, they just lead me to a blank page.
    Dethy record:
    As mafia:4-3
    As detective: 14-3
    Overall:18-6

Quote Originally Posted by Censored View Post
    I like it, but none of the links in the table of contents work for me. Well, I shouldn't say don't work, they just lead me to a blank page.
    The same happens to me. I just copy and paste it elsewhere. It used to work when he first implemented the table of contents.

hmm, work perfectly for me.
    Retired.

The ToC links work for me too...Great work Wren.

Quote Originally Posted by polaris View Post
    The ToC links work for me too...Great work Wren.
    What browser is everybody using?
    Quote Originally Posted by Palefreyman View Post
    Now that you're using words, I understand why you used pictures...
    Be back in August!

Quote Originally Posted by Someoneelse2 View Post
    What browser is everybody using?
    firefox, chrome or safari all work for me

You might want to edit this bit:

Is there an easier way to find 9 or 15 croppers?
    Not legally. Using a crop-finder is an offense punishable by a permanent ban. You'll just have to mouse-over every space.
    to include mention of the legal cropper-finder that comes with the new Gold Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald View Post
    You might want to edit this bit:
    to include mention of the legal cropper-finder that comes with the new Gold Club.
    thx, done.
    Retired.

Wren,

Are WW villages actually still afected by Morale bonus?

This is to say, is it actually worth having someone rather small conquering the WW, and defending it, making use of the Moral bonus he gets as a defender?

Best regards,
    Last edited by Legacy; 04-19-2010 at 02:12 PM.

Villager

World Wonder villages were affected by the Morale bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    Are WW villages actually still afected by Morale bonus?
    No, never have been.
    Retired.

How about clarifying what happens to an expansion slot used to obtain a village if that new village gets zeroed or chiefed away from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibuprofens View Post
    How about clarifying what happens to an expansion slot used to obtain a village if that new village gets zeroed or chiefed away from you.
    If the new village is zeroed than you regain the expansion slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    That's not true. If the village is chiefed away from you, your expansion slot is released, and the it takes a slot of the new owner (a village only takes up one expansion slot at a time).
    Quoting Tineren for correcting me.
    Last edited by Beburos; 05-27-2010 at 10:20 PM. Reason: I'm a idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Beburos View Post
    If the new village is zeroed than you regain the expansion slot. If the new village is chiefed then the expansion slot is still used up meaning you would have to level your residence again in order to found a new village.
    Does the same apply to culture points too?

No, culture points are dependent on how many villages your own account has.

Quote Originally Posted by Beburos View Post
    If the new village is chiefed then the expansion slot is still used up meaning you would have to level your residence again in order to found a new village.
    That's not true. If the village is chiefed away from you, your expansion slot is released, and the it takes a slot of the new owner (a village only takes up one expansion slot at a time).
    Culture points just control the maximum number of villages you can own. When you lose a village your maximum does not change, so you will be able to settle again right away (or at least, as soon as you build settlers).

S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Thanks for the info above.

The article at http://help.travian.co.uk/index.php?type=faq&mod=528 states that chiefs can't be trained in a village if that village has produced settlers, yet this is the only mention of this fact within the manual.

The in game text on a residence or palace states: To train more settlers or conquer new villages you need a palace level 10

As these seem to be contradictory, it would be nice to have clarification on this. Is it possible to train settlers in a village and then research and train chiefs later provided sufficient expansion slots are available?

use my manual instead, it's better than the faq sites.

link in siggy
    Retired.

That article is not worded well, it is trying to say you can't train both with the same expansion slot. Training one type does not "set your town" to only that type, it just uses up one of your slots. You can either train 3 settlers or 1 administrator for each expansion slot.
    You can build your residence to 10, train 3 settlers, and settle a new village. Then later, research an administrator, raise your residence to 20, and build an administrator.

S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker