Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travian Slang question

Default Travian Slang question

I think the hardest thing for new players to grasp is the Travian slang.

for instance, what the heck is a cropper. Is it just develops all resources or what?

A common theme is for people to "farm the croppers" as to enhances ones own resources.

So what makes someone a cropper or not.

Sorry for a question that i'm sure has arised before, but i couldn't find an answer.

Thanks.

Edit: Btw any links that build onto this theme would greatly be appreciated.
    Last edited by emajor; 04-13-2009 at 07:01 PM.

A cropper is a village with either 9 crop feilds or 15 crop feilds. They are used to hold more troops than normal. Farming to a cropper is where you raid the local villages to get the resouces you need to make the cropper.

The cropper is a type of village square.
    us6 - RoKeFälla

http://www.travian.us/?uc=us6_32059

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by emajor View Post
    I think the hardest thing for new players to grasp is the Travian slang.

for instance, what the heck is a cropper. Is it just develops all resources or what?

A common theme is for people to "farm the croppers" as to enhances ones own resources.

So what makes someone a cropper or not.

Sorry for a question that i'm sure has arised before, but i couldn't find an answer.

Thanks.

A cropper is a city with either 15 wheat fields or 9 wheat fields, they are called 15 croppers or 9 croppers.
    They are generally used to store troops, the more wheat fields you have the larger army you can have.

so people talk about farming other cities. this means that they attack these cities with their troops and steal their resources. Note that each troop has a certain carrying capacity. so for example a TT (Theutates Thunder, Gaul troop) can carry 75 resources each.

here is a beginners travian guide http://forum.travian.us/showthread.php?t=16989, check out post number 10, it has explanations on most travian slang
    Last edited by Jeff54321; 04-13-2009 at 07:06 PM.
    Jeff100 s2 Round 2

I think you are confusing a cropper and a farm. To farm some one is to take their resources repeatedly. A cropper is just a 9 or 15 crop village.

So this is the actual resource grid that shows the different plots you can build on? MY current One has 18 spots...

The reason i am confused is i have yet to see any village with more than 6 wheat fields out there.

Pondering the perplexities of life. The Guardian's Avatar

So this is the actual resource grid that shows the different plots you can build on? MY current One has 18 spots...

The reason i am confused is i have yet to see any village with more than 6 wheat fields out there.
    Yes, a cropper is a regular village.

It has 18 resources tiles also.
    9 cropper (9c)
    -9 Wheat Fields
    -3 Woodcutters
    -3 Clay Pits
    -3 Iron Mines

15 cropper (15c)
    -15 Wheat Fields
    -1 Woodcutter
    -1 Clay Pit
    -1 Iron Mine

Everything else about this village is the same as a normal village, because of the possibility to produce massive amounts of wheat, people use the croppers to store their troops. They build their troops in their other villages around the cropper and send their troops as reinforcements to the cropper.
    There are no girls on the Internet. On the Internet, all men are men, all girls are men, and all children are with the FBI.

Quote Originally Posted by Turd Ferguson View Post
    Putting ice cream on the end of your **** does NOT make it a popsicle

keep looking around they are out there. if you just want to see one go to the top player in your server and look at all of their cities. Probably their capital has 15 wheat fields
    Jeff100 s2 Round 2

yes, to find a cropper, you need to click around and find a tile that looks like this:

us6 - RoKeFälla

http://www.travian.us/?uc=us6_32059

GENERATION 7: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

My duty is to the bribe!. Ichabod_Crane's Avatar

All village squares have 18 "spots", what you have (assuming its your starting village) is usually referred to as a 4446 which means 4 wood, 4 clay, 4 iron and 6 wheat. Squares with more than 6 wheat fields are more rare. If you want to see one find a larger player with a few villages and one of theirs will probably be either a 9c or 15c. Note do not scout or attack this village, just click on it.

Edit: 'd, and with pictures too.
    If you are reading this my post is already over, move along.

I gone an' did something bad.

The slang word cropper refers to the number of wheat fields a tile holds.

If it has 6 wheat fields, a person would refer to it as a 6c or 6 cropper. 9 wheat fields = 9c or 9 cropper...and so on.