Thread: In-Game Rule Clarifications / Changes

Default In-Game Rule Clarifications / Changes

Hi all,

The new in-game rule clarifications and changes have now been published. They will go into effect in about 5 days, on 11-Feb-09 (Wednesday) at 3:01am EST. Note that the clarifications are simply adding to the current rules to make more clear what is already being enforced so that everyone knows and understands the rules better. The only actual change is with friendly conquering, and since it will be system enforced now, there is nothing to "get used to" as those system rules have been there since day 1. Please see below a brief description of the clarifications / changes.

Link to the rules:
    http://www.travian.us/spielregeln.php

Clarifications:

1. Same computer usage - has been clarified to mean same internet connection, so if you regularly play from the same internet connection as another player you need to list each other as same computer usage. This does not apply to public places like libraries, schools, coffee shops, etc, as you would not reasonably know everyone who played there.

2. Pushing rule (non sitter/same computer usage)- has been clarified to explain that the limit of 3 hours to smaller players and 1 hours to larger players is per player, so you may send that much to as many players as you wish.

3. Pushing rule regarding building plan villages - added that the building plan villages are NOT excluded from the pushing rules. World Wonder villages have always been excluded, and still are.

4. Friendly fire via attacks / raids - clarified that you may attack anyone, however any resources that you raid from friendly targets (allies, confeds, sitters, same computer usage players) all gets added to your pushing limit for that day. So if you are raiding an inactive ally and go over the limit for instance, that is pushing, and you will get punished for it.

Change:

1. Friendly fire conquerings - the conquer rules will now all be system enforced. This means 48 hours for allies/confeds and 14 days for sitters / same computer usage players. Any conquering that the system allows will be permitted. This will make it fair for all players, and so that it will be possible to have the rule evenly enforced on everyone.

I hope that these clarifications and changes will be a step in the right direction to make game play more enjoyable for all players, and to make the understanding and enforcement of the rules better and more fair for all players. If you have any questions, please PM me and I will be glad to answer them. =)

-Taranis
    R.I.P. Signature Image
    Created by Burton

"Veni, vidi, vici." -Julius Caesar

Sorry for the confusion everyone; I made a few errors in the above summaries, and will list the corrections I made here:

1. The pushing rule is still the same for sitters / same computer usage players; meaning it must all equal out to 1:1 within 24 hours. The 1 hour / 3 hour rule only applies to non sitter/same computer usage players.

2. You must wait 14 days (not 7) to chief ex sitters / same computer usage players.

The currently published rules are all correct, so if you have any questions please see those first. The above was just a summary of any clarifications. =)

-Taranis
    R.I.P. Signature Image
    Created by Burton

"Veni, vidi, vici." -Julius Caesar