Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quick way to second Village

Default Quick way to second Village

So its early in my server and unfortunately I've got some terrible raiding options so I decided to start upgrading my resource fields. Everything is up to level 7 but I was looking around and noticed a good solid 15C near me. I want to grab it before someone else does so whats the quickest way for a builder to get a second village?

Should I upgrade my fields to 8 first or just ignore upgrading my resources for now and go straight to pumping my residence and settlers?

Now, where's my pitchfork? Pkmmte's Avatar

Go straight for the residence and settlers.
    I made it fast at the beggining even with the resource fields level 6.
    92% of teens listen to (c)rap.
    If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music
    copy this into your signature!
    Quote Originally Posted by what777 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by robertg999 View Post
    the end of 3x has *** and some ppl r already getting artifacts

There is no one right way to do things, or else we'd all be doing exactly that. If you're itching to start a new village, then build up the residence and get some settlers. Do what you love , the resources will follow.

Selling silks, spices, and spam! Sidh-Wulf's Avatar

If you're in an alliance, get them to start a program in which every player receives the allowed hourly production from everyone. Someone decides who goes first, then the next. Every alliance I've been in has done that. You can get your village in two days. One depending on how close you are.

Signature by dixy_normous
    Thanks Dix

My chickens - they've escaped!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlatti View Post
    There is no one right way to do things, or else we'd all be doing exactly that. Do what you love , the resources will follow.
    Sigged. Perfectly stated.
    If the whole world was as evil as i, we'd all be poking each other with waffles already.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlatti View Post
    There is no one right way to do things, or else we'd all be doing exactly that. Do what you love , the resources will follow.

Youre fields are at level 7 already, that's plenty. When raiding is taken out of the question, fields of level 6 are the fastest way to your settlers.

My numbers are for Gaul only:
    Fields at level 6 (using the market wisely) will build a brand new Residence from lvl 1 to 10, then the 3 Settlers faster than upgrading any more fields to level 7 or 8. It will take about 140 hours total (with Gold, depending on wheat/hour).

Each upgraded field (from lvl 6 to lvl 7) will basically cost you approximately the same 140 total hours, but the more fields you upgrade to level 7, the longer the time will expand outwards. It's even worse for non-gold users.

In short... .you're completely fine with lvl 7 fields. you'll have that Residence and Settlers in practically no time. If you're a gold user, you'll have them in just over 100 hours (factoring a 300 wheat/hour).

Good Luck.

Now, where's my pitchfork?

My fields are mostly 4's with a few 6's. Hell, my iron are all 3's still. I generate between 10 and -22 wheat an hour depending on my raiders success/failure. You don't need high level fields to get your next village if you can raid. Besides, raising fields = less available wheat for troops. Pump out some raiders and keep up with it. I've seen tons of people get way more resources from raiding than they did from their fields.

If you ability to raid is really 'that' bad, you might want to consider not getting a 15c. The only reason to get a 15c is to prevent someone else from getting it, or to pump out troops. If you don't have good raiding options already, and you are relying on your fields, shouldn't you just get a 4446 instead?

Oh yeah, it took a little under a week for me to upgrade my residence to lvl 10, build up my granary/warehouse to lvl 7 and 8 respectively, and build my 3 settlers. All it took was about 175k in resources.
    First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me. Blow.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphyboy View Post
    If you ability to raid is really 'that' bad, you might want to consider not getting a 15c. The only reason to get a 15c is to prevent someone else from getting it, or to pump out troops. If you don't have good raiding options already, and you are relying on your fields, shouldn't you just get a 4446 instead?
    Not true. It really depends on your tribe, your location, your alliance, and your role in that alliance. I don't raid a whole heck of a lot, but my 15c lets me support thousands of Phalanx and DR necessary as an alliance anvil. Just b/c someone doesn't have a strong offensive army, doesn't mean they don't need a 15c for a strong anvil.

only upgrade res

Default what i do

get resources to brg around 400-600 income per hour, i get residence level 1 in the first few days so i can plan on what day i focus on power leveling residence. i spend one day on that then next on settlers, and i usually get settlers the same day my CP reaches its limit