Thread: hero points

Default hero points

I am a teuton and i havent yet figured out the best way to use a hero so i was wondering what units people have used and what they use their points on to have the most effictive hero? Also is it better to use hero points on attack and defense or attack/deffense bonus?

This embassy hath a pleasant seat. Woden's Avatar

From what I have heard, most Teutons use a Paladin hero and focus on Offensive Bonus, with a little bit in Regeneration.

This embassy hath a pleasant seat. Fuzzy's Avatar

If you play defensive put them in def bonus, if you play offensive put them in off bonus.

Make sure you have enough in regen to keep him from dying.

Edit: 'd by Woden...
    Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal.

This embassy hath a pleasant seat. Woden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    If you play defensive put them in def bonus
    Teutons? Defensive? I can't say I've seen that happen very often...

This embassy hath a pleasant seat. Fuzzy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woden View Post
    Teutons? Defensive? I can't say I've seen that happen very often...
    The top teuts on speed can do it.

It is best to have a lot of defense to defend your hammer village or capital in case your alliance can't get it done in time...
    Yeah, I'm kind of a big deal.

I gone an' did something bad.

I have a Paladin hero just because its cheaper and you can make one a lot quicker than you can a TK.

After you upgrade your academy and stable to the requisite levels then you may prefer to make a TK your hero.

Now, where's my pitchfork?

Lightbulb

hi everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by snyderx View Post
    I am a teuton and i havent yet figured out the best way to use a hero so i was wondering what units people have used and what they use their points on to have the most effictive hero? Also is it better to use hero points on attack and defense or attack/deffense bonus?
    Usually 2:1 attack to offense bonus, with a point going to regen each level, thats how i do it, once your hero gets to around 15 attack go only for offense bonus, same with regeneration.

A cobbler of souls, that's me. The Good Guy's Avatar

What matters most are ultimately - the bonuses the hero brings to your total army and the hero's speed. Speed is good for transferring the hero between villages when you want him to conquer oases, and for general felxibility. The direct attack/defense stats don't matter much, so put a couple of points in early on and focus on the bonuses once it becomes worth it. Regeneration is always good.

Teuton - make a paladin.
    Roman - EI
    Gaul - TT
    |\__/|
    (.)v(.)
    ( ( ) )
    '''' ''''
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Brodsky
    Life -- the way it really is -- is a battle not between bad and good but between bad and worse.

For an offensive hero:

Begin with all points on offense when attacking, and then switch them all to regeneration between fights (you can still switch the points around at will here).

You will likely gain a level while attacking, so you will now need to allocate your next 5 points to regeneration so he can heal. This is as much as you will need in regeneration for a very long time.

For the next two levels you will want to add points to attack. At this low level you will likely have very few soldiers and thus your attack bonus will do almost nothing, while a couple of levels of putting points on attack means that your hero can likely raid oases by himself.

Now you want to put points into offensive bonus until it is full. When you start doing this you would likely get more immediate gain by increasing attack, but you are investing in the future when attack bonus will make a big difference in large scale combat.

After this is done you have a choice: Either increase defensive bonus so he can help defend as well or go whole-hog and increase attack. Attack won't do very much for you now, but you have to spend them somewhere, and if you never defend with him, this is the best place. Don't bother with any more regeneration for an offensive hero, as if you are losing more than 25% of your hammer a day (the regeneration you get for those first 5 points you put in it) you will be having some down-time for him to rest up.

So, my way in summary:

5 points offense (regeneration between fights)
    5 points regeneration
    10 points offense
    100 points offensive bonus
    100 points defensive bonus

After that you will have gotten good enough to have your own ideas on what to do.
    Last edited by Tacitus; 11-17-2008 at 06:15 PM. Reason: grammar