Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guide: How To Put That Dove In Your Profile

Default Guide: How To Put That Dove In Your Profile

Some people seem confused by this, so I thought a guide would be appropriate.

Step 1.

You need to get to the Quest where the Quest Master actually tells you to put the Dove in for you to do the Quest. You should get to this point fairly quickly, in one or two days.

Step 2.

Go to the left of the screen and click 'Profile'.

Step 3.

Look for a link that says 'Edit Profile' (it's below your name) and click that.

Step 4.

Look at the 'Medals' section on the bottom. It should look something like this:

Medals
    Category Rank Week BB-Code
    Beginner's protection [#0]
    Step 5.

Now type that code into your profile. This is where it's easy to mess up. Remember to put in the brackets, and use a zero instead of an O. If you can't type brackets, copy-paste the code. It's right here. --> [#0]

Step 6.

After putting it in, go to the bottom and click 'Save'. Your quest is done! Check with the Quest Master.

Step 7.

Should you ever want to get rid of the dove, you can take it back out by going back into your profile and deleting the code, after you finish the quest that requires it. The dove itself doesn't give you any protection, it is only for the quest and for display.

Addendum: A new guide with pictures has been posted, by DTD.

Quote Originally Posted by DTD View Post
    My god, it's not that difficult. However, I agree with Lurk...this is definitely a far-too-common support question. However, I will show you exactly how to do it.

Step One - Click Profile as per photo

Step Two - Click Edit Profile as per photo

Step Three - Putting in the code, and saving

Believe me, if my girlfriend was able to figure out how to do this herself, you should be able to do it. If you still are unable to figure it out, believe me, you're beyond help.

~
    Brett
    Last edited by Conqueror7; 04-25-2009 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Addendum!

i figured out how to do this in server 7 because it told me how to. but i was playing on server 6 and all of a sudden saw it in lordy's profile so im like WTF? then someone told me :P
    s7-hoboman of gemini
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertySkies View Post
    when the teutons go to sleep, and stupidly leave their cute little macemen at home, with no crannies cause they are too good for those, my thunder ponies will come and let you know just how wrong you are. k bud?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
    Oh, so the ones that are all stiff and hidden at the bottom of your sock drawer weren't abused?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Colbert
    Our our Railroads safe or should we be spending mre on anti-hobo technology?

Quote Originally Posted by conquerer7 View Post

Some people seem confused by this (There's even one asker on Yahoo Answers) , so I thought a guide would be appropriate.

Step 1.

You need to get to the Quest where the Quest Master actually tells you to put the Dove in. You should get to this point fairly quickly.
    In get everything but this part. what quest what questmaster. i cant figure out how to get the dove.
    Gobble gobble gee. gobble gobble giggle. I wish turkey was only a nickel!

Quote Originally Posted by the hi guy3 View Post
    In get everything but this part. what quest what questmaster. i cant figure out how to get the dove.
    The QuestMaster is that funny looking guy whose gigantic face is just to the right of your village.

ohh is this for travians? or travian
    Gobble gobble gee. gobble gobble giggle. I wish turkey was only a nickel!

Step 1.

You need to get to the Quest where the Quest Master actually tells you to put the Dove in. You should get to this point fairly quickly.
    You don't have to get to that part first, but you can if you wanted to. I put my dove in way before I even started the first quest.

the quests/questmaster thing is new, it helps new guys get through the beginning stages of there village. make a new villa, like on 7 and youll see
    dragon eggs are for losers

learn how to put it in then take it out until BP is over, make them fools work

Quote Originally Posted by PoopSmear View Post
    learn how to put it in then take it out until BP is over, make them fools work
    ... anyone with a soldier can check when your bp runs out in 5 seconds, removing the dove is kind of pointless if thats the only reason. It takes about as much time to click the profile link as it does to click the send soldiers link.

T.

quests are pointless

Farmhand

Quests are useless but they're the only way to get the bonuses that you used to get with the "messages from the homeland."

As for the dove...it's really obvious and easy to use. I didn't realize that people didn't know how to do it. They fail.
    [img]http://*************/image/eazd.gif[/img] [img]http://*************/image/ogzI.gif[/img]

Please click on the eggs when they aren't gray smudges. It would be a shame if they died.

Step 4.

Look at the 'Medals' section. It should look something like this:
    I already knew how to make the dove on my s2 account which I started a month into the server and therefore well before they installed the questmaster. Saw someone mention how to do it on the forum someplace. But I'm confused about this part. There is no "medals" section under "edit profile" for me, unless I have contracted a mysterious eye disease that filters out that word. Have you won any medals in Travian? That might explain why you've got that feature and I don't. I totally fail at winning medals.
    "The object of life is not be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius

Under the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, Chuck Norris can't leave the United States.

I derep everyone near me in the thread when derepped anonymously. Use it wisely or be dragged down with me.

Quote Originally Posted by danaseilhan View Post
    I totally fail at winning medals.
    You're not the only one.

Eh, maybe it only works on s7 or something. I haven't won any other medals for I r teh suck.

It works on every server. Every new player gets quests on every server not just 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordy View Post
    Son, I will beat you with a stick.

Lordy you animal!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    What do I put here?

Eh, maybe it only works on s7 or something. I haven't won any other medals for I r teh suck.
    I do too! Join the party!

I liked the resources from homeland better than these quests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nichts View Post
    You know you're addicted to travian when you scout your fridge before you raid it.

Farmhand

As best I can tell Server 5 has doves and no quests. I know I'm not the sharpest hunk of cheese in the world but how do I get a dove?
    Last edited by redwingsgirl514; 08-18-2008 at 07:23 AM.

where do i type it in at because under the BB code the code [#0] is there already

this guide is failure... its supposed to explain how to do one basic thing... and yet people are posting here asking how to do it...
    Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by redwingsgirl514 View Post
    As best I can tell Server 5 has doves and no quests. I know I'm not the sharpest hunk of cheese in the world but how do I get a dove?
    You put it in and it tells people when you joined. And s5 DOES have quests. For newbs.

Quote Originally Posted by wowza View Post
    this guide is failure... its supposed to explain how to do one basic thing... and yet people are posting here asking how to do it...
    You would be surprised. This is the most common question that I get by far as Support.

As for people that are still confused after reading this, they either need to re-read it far more carefully or pay better attention in Reading class at school.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

[7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    You would be surprised. This is the most common question that I get by far as Support.

As for people that are still confused after reading this, they either need to re-read it far more carefully or pay better attention in Reading class at school.
    are you serious? all you need to tell them is type [#0] into their profile, nothing else. All the extra steps just complicate a simple answer
    Hi.

Lurk, what exactly do they do wrong? do they say they typed in #0 (without brackets)?

where do i put [#0] at

Quote Originally Posted by d-dog View Post
    where do i put [#0] at
    anywhere in your profile
    Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by ppppaaaauuuullll View Post
    Lurk, what exactly do they do wrong? do they say they typed in #0 (without brackets)?
    It's various issues that they have; some people don't put in brackets, others just don't understand. They can't figure out how to put it in the profile seems to be the most common. I had a guy a few days ago that couldn't figure out he had to hit "Save" when he was done.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

[7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

My god, it's not that difficult. However, I agree with Lurk...this is definitely a far-too-common support question. However, I will show you exactly how to do it.

Step One - Click Profile as per photo

Step Two - Click Edit Profile as per photo

Step Three - Putting in the code, and saving

Believe me, if my girlfriend was able to figure out how to do this herself, you should be able to do it. If you still are unable to figure it out, believe me, you're beyond help.

~
    Brett
    *** catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
    (When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults.)

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you, If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.

posting a guide in a guide? thats pretty po-mo.

Farmhand

Red face blonde isn't a hair color, it's a state of mind....one I embrace whole heartedly

I work days during the week and graveyard shift weekends.....disregard my previous dumb post.....I blame it on lack of sleep and too much caffeine.

Why dont we just take the dove away as a quest?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
    Why dont we just take the dove away as a quest?
    I prefer my farms show me when they're out of BP.

Default Heh.

That's exactly why I took mine off,Nichts
    Also this thread is real fail. The game tells you what to do. Instructions are for reading, I promise you Travian did not make it for its health. Perhaps they didn't have their dose of Vitamin C this morning. I am pretty new and found no trouble doing it. Hell I put it in without the brackets, I put just #0 in at first, Ill admit but I didn't realize the dove was a difficult aspect of this game. Ahahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Fighter Dabusi
    A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle
    Best application of Final Fantasy X111111(...-3) battle system yet!
    http://forum.travian.us/picture.php?...pictureid=3321

Quote Originally Posted by VitaminC View Post
    Also this thread is real fail. The game tells you what to do. Instructions are for reading, I promise you Travian did not make it for its health. Perhaps they didn't have their dose of Vitamin C this morning. I am pretty new and found no trouble doing it. Hell I put it in without the brackets, I put just #0 in at first, Ill admit but I didn't realize the dove was a difficult aspect of this game. Ahahaha.
    There are some people who just don't get it. You'd be surprised. It never happened to me, but I've read enough questions about this in the question forum to get an apprecitation for this guide. Who knows, people might look at this guide before posting another question on the dove.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Bear View Post
    There are some people who just don't get it. You'd be surprised. It never happened to me, but I've read enough questions about this in the question forum to get an apprecitation for this guide. Who knows, people might look at this guide before posting another question on the dove.
    You must be an optimist.

Quote Originally Posted by VitaminC View Post
    Do not underestimate the power of confusion and computer ignorance. I made this thread sarcastically, but people have actually used and needed it.

Also, see this thread and argue with the person there about whether or not people need help.

Default Ah

Ah it was sarcastic? Sorry sometimes that is lost over the internet. Guess Ill have to sip up my own vitamin C.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Fighter Dabusi
    A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle
    Best application of Final Fantasy X111111(...-3) battle system yet!
    http://forum.travian.us/picture.php?...pictureid=3321

Villager

That Dove is the Harbinger of Doom.It's a nice tool that tells everyone in your 13X13 when to send in the attack. I would recommend deleting it once you get the reward from the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by JD70 View Post
    You must be an optimist.
    A bit skeptical though

OK
    the part that made it hard was, first off, I typed #0 without brackets in the description. That didn't work, so by the time I'd typed #0 in everything I could think of, I was looking for something specific that the instructions were calling "your profile". I mean I changed my village name to [#0]. I think in all the permutations of what "your profile" could mean, I just didn't happen to type [#0] in the description.

Second, I tried searching the forum, and besides the 6 letter code graphics generated SUCK and you can't tell what they are, it requires 4 or more keywords but only takes the first keyword. AKA the forum search is broken and I had to manually find this entry in the forum.

Then I read all the "please don't make multiple forum entries for this quest" and follow that thread into here. You know I've been on countless forums and read the whole "you must be an idiot not to understand" bashing from people who are probably 10 years younger than me, but the fact is - the instructions were incomplete. Say "your profile's description". I think that us people who look specifically at the words and didn't get lucky the first time are confused for a reason. Please don't flaunt your intelligence because you happened to get lucky, or your girlfriend happened to get lucky, the first time you typed it in.

And if it's the most common support question, please clarify your instructions, instead of repeating the same guide 3 times and picking on the intelligence of several people you haven't clearly explained something to the first time. And please fix your forum.

thaaaaaaaanx

and also, with the girlfriend repsonse, "even my girlfriend could do it"
    what are you saying, that your girlfriend is stupid because she's a girl? so, I must be as stupid as your stupid girlfriend? tell her that and see if you get any for the rest of the month