Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guide: How To Put That Dove In Your Profile

Uhm...my sarcasm detector is failing here...that was sarcastic, right?

Right? Right?

/pleads

1. You don't need to do the 6-letter 'things' which 'SUCK' when you're logged in.
    2. If you put the word 'dove' in the search this guide and others like it come up immediately. You need strategy when using the search.
    3. It is more than four CHARACTERS. For the 27th time, a character is a letter. So if you type "put dove in profile", it will not work, as two words don't have over four letters. Just search "dove profile" or something like that.
    4. If you wanted to make the instructions clearer, then they would be downright insulting. Videogame tutorials don't say "Okay, on the first level, hold down the right key for 1.5 seconds. Then press jump. etc."
    5. Agreed with rrr, I hope you're being sarcastic.

5a. As this is a Travian forum, I don't think most people here will 'get any' any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by conquerer7 View Post
    5a. As this is a Travian forum, I don't think most people here will 'get any' any time soon.
    <--- Is an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Woden View Post
    <--- Is an exception.
    O_o

Literally.

Default To Remove the Dove of Peace

Hello people of Travian !

I'd like to know if i remove the "Dove of Peace " , does it remove my Beginners protection? Because i think it expose to others too easily when my protection ends.
    I've been taking notes to the minute when others with bp ends, so i figured others may do the same about mine, like one said , make them work a lil.
    So does it affect my protection to remove ?

Question #2 : How do i remove that "Dove of Peace" ?

Thanx for your reply...

by the way , i dont think your guide is useless, i just think that some people just dont learn quickly...
    personnaly i appreciate the knowledge of others more experienced then me ...
    Keep up the good work , i've been reading other threads you wrote ...

Actualy i hope woden is still reading the last page , last thread,
    wonder if i should simply write it in a new thread...
    i'll wait and see ...
    thanx for your imput.

You go to your profile. You click edit profile. There are two boxes of text, ones of which you put the dove in. You highlight the text that is the BB code for the dove. You press delete. You click save.

Yay!

EDIT: It also doesn't end your BP, it just ends after the three days that the message from Support told you about.
    Last edited by ruby.red.roses; 02-05-2009 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tygrmouse View Post
    Second, I tried searching the forum, and besides the 6 letter code graphics generated SUCK and you can't tell what they are, it requires 4 or more keywords but only takes the first keyword. AKA the forum search is broken and I had to manually find this entry in the forum.
    The forum search works fine, you just misunderstood the error message. It doesn't require 4 or more keywords, it requires that each word in your search be at least 4 letters long.
    Yes, that does make searching for #0 difficult.

One question, why IE?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    OMG, Wodey found a woman who agrees with him. He must be right, cos all women are always right all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    The forum search works fine, you just misunderstood the error message. It doesn't require 4 or more keywords, it requires that each word in your search be at least 4 letters long.
    Yes, that does make searching for #0 difficult.
    Not when I use it, it doesnt work
    gRE3N 4 SENATOR!

the dove off peace is to protect you, but it will only last three days

Quote Originally Posted by banjo_kazooie View Post
    The dove does not protect you. You are automatically protected during the first three to 14 days (depending on how old the server is), no matter if you put the dove in your profile or not.
    Legend has it that Hippasus of Metapontum, a disciple of Pythagoras, was at sea when he discovered that the square root of 2 is irrational. His fellow Pythagoreans, outraged by the finding, threw him overboard.

Quote Originally Posted by banjo_kazooie View Post
    I take it you've never played before the quest system, right?

What Cha said is right: the dove doesn't protect you, you have an inherrent BP, regardless of the dove. Ever try not putting the dove into your profile? You still have BP.

PLEASE send me the coords of people asking how to put the dove in their profile. I'd like to stop by for a cup of tea!

I see that people were offended by tygrmouse's tone. She was clearly very frustrated, and offended by the suggestion that she and the many other people who have had trouble with this are stupid.

However, I second her suggestion to change the quest so that it reads "in the Description box in your profile," or something to that effect. I figured it out in a couple minutes, but "Description" did not initially seem like a natural place to enter a code.

Keep in mind that a beginning player has no idea what entering the code is going to do -- they don't know that it will display a dove in the Description. The Questmaster just says something vague about it showing when their bp will expire. For this reason it is less obvious that the code should be entered in the Description field.

2. If you put the word 'dove' in the search this guide and others like it come up immediately. You need strategy when using the search.
    If you have no idea that the code will put a dove in your profile, why would you enter "dove" as a search term while trying to figure it out?

The fact that the code itself is not really a viable search term probably also contributes to the frequency of queries on this issue to support. There is not an obvious search term to use really. "[#0]" turns up nothing, I presume because the search function doesn't like something about it. It definitely appears in this thread.

I don't know if those of you from support have any extra pull with the game designers, but if so you might use it to save yourself the extra work in the future.

I am pretty sure the quest was titled "Dove of Peace", but I haven't done them in a while. I just started a new one to see, so I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Edit: The title is 'Dove of Peace'. It is written in very large letters at the top of the quest notice. That is why I asked for new players for search for the phrase 'dove'. There is even a large picture of a dove.
    Last edited by Conqueror7; 04-26-2009 at 02:40 PM.

I am pretty sure the quest was titled "Dove of Peace", but I haven't done them in a while. I just started a new one to see, so I'll get back to you tomorrow.

Edit: The title is 'Dove of Peace'. It is written in very large letters at the top of the quest notice. That is why I asked for new players for search for the phrase 'dove'. There is even a large picture of a dove.
    Okay, sorry, I was mistaken about that then -- I was relying on memory a few weeks old. I maintain that specifying to enter the code in the Description box would enormously reduce the number of questions sent to support. And just based on the other quests, they seem to be designed to be easy learning activities, rather than difficult or tricky achievements.

I mean, if part of the point of the quests (as it seemed to me) is to introduce new players to the basics of the game and reduce the number of newb questions, then it's kind of self-defeating as-is, isn't it?

The quests, seem to be a problem for a lot of folks, The Dove is the question I get most often, followed my where's my Rally point, make (someone) stop attacking me, and then there are the folks that need instructions to find the woodcutter!

I hate to think, about how hard support had to work, before the quest system!

Default dove flambe

after i received the huge army from the Quest master,I sauteed that pigeon in a little
    clarified butter.Added a little garlic and sage.Fried up some Morels and fed the tweety
    to my pet rat.he preferred it to the cereal diet he was living on.

now that i can no longer display the icon of peace is there any other way for my
    foes to know my date of registration that was displayed after BP ended:

Quote Originally Posted by other View Post
    is there any other way for my
    foes to know my date of registration that was displayed after BP ended:
    They can still see your UserID. (The higher it is, the newer you are.) And they can use tools like http://travian.ws.
    Legend has it that Hippasus of Metapontum, a disciple of Pythagoras, was at sea when he discovered that the square root of 2 is irrational. His fellow Pythagoreans, outraged by the finding, threw him overboard.

Quote Originally Posted by retrogeek42 View Post
    PLEASE send me the coords of people asking how to put the dove in their profile. I'd like to stop by for a cup of tea!
    They could still be in BP
    *Insert funny quote here*

Quote Originally Posted by tygrmouse View Post
    and also, with the girlfriend repsonse, "even my girlfriend could do it"
    what are you saying, that your girlfriend is stupid because she's a girl? so, I must be as stupid as your stupid girlfriend? tell her that and see if you get any for the rest of the month
    i call my girlfriend stupid when we are in doggie..... i like when she starts squirming and tries to get away

but seriously... (not likely)

we have all been new at something before!!!
    but if you cant figure out the dove i dont think this game is for you..... or life

actually i changed my mind... send me you coordinates and i will send some help
    Last edited by lobsternooberg; 05-20-2009 at 06:33 PM.
    Death before dove honor -- nex ut doves

when i started playing, everyon had the dove of peace, and i was thinking, how do they know how to do that? so i waited patiently, doing my wuests, and then suddenly, the dove of peace quest came and i was jumping with joy.
    Quote Originally Posted by ???
    You can pick your nose, you can pick your friend, but you can't pick your friend's nose!!!

Step 1.

You need to get to the Quest where the Quest Master actually tells you to put the Dove in for you to do the Quest. You should get to this point fairly quickly, in one or two days.
    I don't think step 1 is necessary I never did quests and always got the dove

First of all, my screen doesn't look like the screenshot.... The lefthand side doesn't have those links. Regardless, when I do open my profile, I cannot enter the [#0] into the medals section, so I tried entering it into Description 1... no dice. So now what???

If you are playing on a Travian 4 server, the profile will look like this:

Dove.jpg

S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Does this even need a guide ? ..... If anything ... Any good player will never put that on their profile (when you are still in the BP). Later on, its your wish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

Senator

Bruh...
    My first hammer: s8r1 - mhisti
    Not my first hammer: s1r4 - Loved1

s1r7 - Ifrit 3,111,384 offense points

[6:49:56 PM] Bugzy: Let's report Ifrit for genocide