Thread: TUTORIAL: How to use the search function

Default TUTORIAL: How to use the search function

NOTE: If you need a closer look, click the image and then "all sizes" on the flickr.com page.

Step 1: Scroll to the top of this page until you see something like this

Step 2: Click on the word "Search", the third link from the right, where I've circled in red in the following

Step 3: A menu will drop down. For this tutorial, we're going to be doing an advanced search because it comes up with more accurate results. If you want to search through a lot of posts, just type in what you're looking for. Otherwise, continue to follow this tutorial. Click "Advanced Search", where I have circled in red in the following

Step 4: You will be taken to the next window. Under where it says "Search by Keyword", click the pull-down menu where it says "Search entire posts" where I have circled in red in the following

Quote Originally Posted by Narodnik View Post
    I was lucky. Then you typed that in and I read it.
    What does CPUFTW stand for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nichts View Post
    Camper Pack Underground Finds the Walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metropolis Creator View Post
    Lets talk about heroes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vet_Boy View Post
    Like me and jeffster? or the real guys like superman? Or the Travian heroes?
    Jordon: we're never going to be as good as CT if we don't get all of our **** in one toilet, our poop in a group, ducks in a row, wagons in a circle or turds in a herd.

Step 5: Click "Search titles only" on the pull-down menu you have just pulled down

Step 6: Click inside the box above the pull-down menu where I have circled in red in the following

Step 7: Type “Normal Attack”

NOTE: Each search term (word) must be AT LEAST 4 letters long or the search will fail.

Step 8: Press “Enter” and click the first result that comes up!

Contratulations! You now know the difference between a normal attack and a raid!

Quote Originally Posted by Narodnik View Post
    I was lucky. Then you typed that in and I read it.
    What does CPUFTW stand for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nichts View Post
    Camper Pack Underground Finds the Walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metropolis Creator View Post
    Lets talk about heroes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vet_Boy View Post
    Like me and jeffster? or the real guys like superman? Or the Travian heroes?
    Jordon: we're never going to be as good as CT if we don't get all of our **** in one toilet, our poop in a group, ducks in a row, wagons in a circle or turds in a herd.

Quote Originally Posted by gld2slvr View Post
    Another irritating thing I find in these forums is the response "Use the search feature."

The search feature sucks. If you search for "quests" you get every thread with any response with the word quests.
    [/I][/B]
    If you do an advanced search for "quests" with the settings "Search Titles Only" and "Sort Results by - Number of Views - in Descending Order", you will get a very nice set of results. http://forum.travian.us/search.php?searchid=1234342

You can also use the "Save Search Preferences" feature to set it to automatically default to these settings every time you click "Advanced Search."
    I no longer check reputation regularly. If you want to leave feedback, please PM me.