View Poll Results: When should Server 1 restart?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Early July

10 25.64%
  • Late July

5 12.82%
  • Early August

4 10.26%
  • Late August

2 5.13%
  • Early September

18 46.15%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Server 1 Restart Push

Well, that would be fine with me, but I know some people complain when the special rule servers "invade" their regular server.

S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

I had a grand time the last time it happened to s1.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Community Moderator Mod Deadpool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    I had a grand time the last time it happened to s1.
    That was one of the best rounds I've ever played but, it was still T:L with minor changes. RoA is completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by ruNVNme View Post
    So finishing S1 early, like we did, was apparently now not the best option
    Drags Anvil off to play a different game.... screw this!
    The power of Murdok......
    wow i love that Murdok guy he ain't even a Mh anymore but i am still scared he will ban me lol

... Reputation and respect are earned, not given, no matter how big your ban-stick may be. He ain't no Murdok.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Deadpool View Post
    That was one of the best rounds I've ever played but, it was still T:L with minor changes. RoA is completely different.
    I would of course argue it's completely better . I don't miss the WW end game at all.

S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    I would of course argue it's completely better . I don't miss the WW end game at all.
    In some respects it is, I like the concept of Victory Points. But I don't like how it requires you to spread yourself out so much. My level of OCD would not handle that well. It also seems to favor simming in order to quickly gain control of areas. Of course my analysis is all based on second hand accounts. I have not had the experience of playing an actual round myself. Though I did spawn and spend a few days to get some idea. But a discussion of the merits of ROA vs Regular Legends is probably a bit beyond the topic at hand.

Given the recent annoucement concerning changes to the forum + the Us6 restart I would guess that July is off the table as a restart period. Just a hunch of course, I could be entirely wrong. September is clearly opposed by a sizable portion of the community and with the birthday special should probably be taken off the table.

If that is the case, at what point in August would be more acceptable? Given the current distribution of votes I would say mid or late August. Unless more select early Aug, or the July restarrts, then it could shift to sooner.

Hudson-

Would you be able to find out if July is off the table as I suspect? Confirmation of whether it remains a viable option might help the community reach some degree of consenus. (Though I am sure in the end there will be those displeased on both sides given the varied nature of the response)
    The Wicked Defense General

Early July is already taken by US6 so that's not a possibility.

Late July/ Aug/Early Sept are still viable options
    CM M.Hudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

I've been watching the poll results for a while and new votes seem to have petered out.

Since early July isn't an option, if the votes for it were moved to Late July we see an almost 50/50 split between earlier and later starts (19 v 20).
    So, perhaps mid August is the best route? Means a compromise on both sides but prevents either from being ignored in their wishes; Best of both worlds if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

I suspect that would be HQs response also Scarecrow as its early enough for sysadmin to setup before the birthday rush but also late enough not to clash with US6 and a good compromise between dates
    CM M.Hudson
    Community Manager

I fully, absolutely support the mid August timeline.

All of these teams planned on the S1 restart, because we did the math on when the last servers ended. We saw S4 restart VERY shortly after tournie end, when so many were simply burned out. S1 would have been the next one, had they not decided to necro S6.

My fear now is that because S6 is back in existence, HQ will decide there is not enough time between that restart and the Bday server. In that case, S1 restart would be pushed into October or November....and I don't think any of us are wiling to wait that long.
    Leader of KoN (S5), TLDRDTX (S3), CIN and PaN (2016 tournie)
    NI!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBlade View Post
    In some respects it is, I like the concept of Victory Points. But I don't like how it requires you to spread yourself out so much. My level of OCD would not handle that well. It also seems to favor simming in order to quickly gain control of areas. Of course my analysis is all based on second hand accounts. I have not had the experience of playing an actual round myself. Though I did spawn and spend a few days to get some idea. But a discussion of the merits of ROA vs Regular Legends is probably a bit beyond the topic at hand.
    Yes, it's a bit off topic, though it's still relevant if there was a chance of S1 being the Birthday server (S1 and S5 were used for the first two special servers). As to the simming on those servers, it is required to sim to unlock new regions, but takng control is very much all about attacking. With no need to save a hammer to hit a wonder, many of the hammers were constantly in motion destroying population to take control of regions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerzi View Post
    I fully, absolutely support the mid August timeline.

My fear now is that because S6 is back in existence, HQ will decide there is not enough time between that restart and the Bday server. In that case, S1 restart would be pushed into October or November....and I don't think any of us are wiling to wait that long.

I have already made clear that is not an option to HQ. Based on this thread and what is possible / time frames I would push them for mid august as it gives the best spacing.
    CM M.Hudson
    Community Manager

It could be interesting if US1 was birthday server. However do we even know what that entails?

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    Yes, it's a bit off topic, though it's still relevant if there was a chance of S1 being the Birthday server (S1 and S5 were used for the first two special servers). As to the simming on those servers, it is required to sim to unlock new regions, but takng control is very much all about attacking. With no need to save a hammer to hit a wonder, many of the hammers were constantly in motion destroying population to take control of regions.
    A chance perhaps but I don't think the vast majority of those returning specifically for this event would like it. I may be wrong but I think at the very least it would require a second poll. I also don't think those who want an early start would be interested in waiting until someitme in September simply for a birthday style server. Just a hunch of course.

As for hammers, you must be playing with the wrong people. While perhaps not "constantly" in motion (if taken by the literal defintion) my new team frequently uses them on Us2.
    The Wicked Defense General

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBlade View Post
    As for hammers, you must be playing with the wrong people. While perhaps not "constantly" in motion (if taken by the literal defintion) my new team frequently uses them on Us2.
    Constantly in motion means: "Hammer launched at 2 AM, 8 hours to target, so will be ready for launch again at 6PM" (boy I missed having a map on ts19). If my hammer wasn't moving, it was because it had splatted in the previous five days.

Quote Originally Posted by Foley View Post
    It could be interesting if US1 was birthday server. However do we even know what that entails?
    They are sticking to TS19 and TS20 as special servers with whatever unique features HQ decides to test expect announcements on this between now and august. I think one of the new features will be quite popular......
    CM M.Hudson
    Community Manager