Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unplanned Outage

Default Unplanned Outage

Dear Players

We are deeply sorry for the current situation and would like to update you about it.

This morning our datacenter faced an issue that caused all our services to go offline. We are still working on a solution to bring everything back to working order, but, as you probably can imagine, this will take quite a lot of time. This is partly due to the reason that there are currently more than 250 active game worlds in Travian: Legends alone.

During the day, we will continue trying to bring back all the game worlds and perform the following actions:

- All troops that starved during the blackout will be restored.
    - We will enable truce for 1 day and block starvation for 2 days.
    - We will elaborate a compensation plan to make up for this issue. (Details will follow later)

We will keep you informed via our communication platforms (forum & Facebook), so stay tuned for more information!

Your Travian Team

UPDATE

Dear Community,
    We know that it has been a tough day for you, and we are really sorry for the inconvenience. If you have followed the Facebook page status updates you know that we faced a technical issue in our datacenter which was caused by a component which broke (hardware). We heard rumors about hacking and ransomware, no worries nothing like that happened. It was a physical problem!
    We want to make up for the unforeseen issue with a gift to all of you, so on Friday we will compensate each domain with 5 Gold and 500 Silver for each downtime hour. Which means for your community that you will be credited with 60 Gold and 6000 Silver. Since we have more than 250 server where we need to run the script please be patient, we will try to inform you as soon as the our community is done.
    Thanks for your understanding,
    Cheers

UPDATE

There is a slight discrepancy with the displayed truce end time in the fact it does no include seconds.

For clarity:

Truce ends
    05/25/17 - 10:53:10 am with +/- 1-4 second transition.
    No starvation ends 05/26/17 - 10:53:10 am

It is recommended not to plan to land attacks before
    10:53:14 am to be confident that they will land outside of the truce.

UPDATE

Status update: We found out that there was a gap in the script to restore starved troops and on some domain not all starved troops have been restored. No worries, they are not lost, in the next days we will restore all of them! We are sorry for the inconvenience.
    CM M.Hudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

I thought travian was hacked

Quote Originally Posted by ArabChuckNorris View Post
    TG won't openly admit that as that is bad press (if it is true).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

Well, aside from total disruption of my raiding plans... no harm done
    Known as either Skitime or Ricktheski on 7 different rounds.
    Member of Gemini, winners of round one of server seven.

I don't know man, I was in the middle of a build that appears to have reset, and an oasis I was about to occupy is assed up with critters again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

My ointments sold for a stellar 10 silver.

Although, I did get some nice boots for 100 so I guess it balances out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    We learnt ... from [Kimmie]!
    Quote Originally Posted by FA Belladonna View Post
    Kurtz, the horse is dead, please stop beating it.

Jeez, I can't even take the oasis now. Wtf.. this is pretty bad. Starvation may be disabled, but it's impossible for me to build lacking wheat without blowing gold.
    Rabble rabble rabble
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

If starvation is blocked for 2 days and the truce is only active for 1 day, you should amend the in-server info box to reflect this. Right now it says that truce AND starvation are for 1 day.

Okay. so truce is 1 day , and Starvation is 2 ..... I dont trust the forums. Due to the issues we the players have had to deal with in the past 24 hours i am hoping that TG updates the in game info box with a countdown timer to when starvation will start again....

Happy New Years

Compensation plan. Ha.

Status update: We know that it has been a though day for you, and we are really sorry for the inconvenience. If you have followed the facebook page status updates you know that we faced a technical issue in our datacenter which was caused by a component which broke (hardware). We heard rumors about haking and ransomware, no worries nothing like that happened. It was a physical problem!
    We want to make up for the unforeseen issue with a gift to all of you, so this Friday 26/5/2017 we will compensate each domain with 5 Gold and 500 Silver for each downtime hour. Which means for the first domains which went online will be credited with 50 Gold and 5000 Silver and the last domain whch went live will reeceive 65 Gold and 6500 Silver.
    Since we have more than 250 server where we need to run the script please be patient, we will try to inform you as soon as the our community is done.
    Thanks for your understanding!

Quote Originally Posted by ArabChuckNorris View Post
    For those who followed the facebook updates. No Travian was not hacked. The external Datacenter had major issues that resulted in the loss of all of TravianGames Servers (as well as other companys).
    CM M.Hudson
    Community Manager

Dear Community,
    We know that it has been a tough day for you, and we are really sorry for the inconvenience. If you have followed the Facebook page status updates you know that we faced a technical issue in our datacenter which was caused by a component which broke (hardware). We heard rumors about hacking and ransomware, no worries nothing like that happened. It was a physical problem!
    We want to make up for the unforeseen issue with a gift to all of you, so on Friday we will compensate each domain with 5 Gold and 500 Silver for each downtime hour. Which means for your community that you will be credited with 60 Gold and 6000 Silver. Since we have more than 250 server where we need to run the script please be patient, we will try to inform you as soon as the our community is done.
    Thanks for your understanding,
    Cheers
    CM M.Hudson
    Community Manager

Jeez, I can't even take the oasis now. Wtf.. this is pretty bad. Starvation may be disabled, but it's impossible for me to build lacking wheat without blowing gold.
    Rabble rabble rabble
    You could always send troops to nearest farm..
    They will not starve anyway

Really? How do I know how many can be fed where? Should I wheat scout?

Really? How do I know how many can be fed where? Should I wheat scout?
    Not necessary at all. Troops won't starve even if crop becomes 0 in concerned villa..

I sent my troops as soon as truce was active.. none have starved till now.
    Best time in server to load your villa with crop by getting someone else to feed them

Best part of truce is we can attack allies and nothing will happen

PS: I sent them to a 2 pop villa
    Last edited by jin11; 05-25-2017 at 10:55 AM.

Oh yeah, I got you, just woke up. Wasn't thinking about the no starve... too early.

Last rounf, nothing was released on time, arties were late, plans were late, planning was essentially a waste of time, now this. TG really needs to get their shot together.

UPDATE

There is a slight discrepancy with the displayed truce end time in the fact it does no include seconds.

For clarity:

Truce ends
    05/25/17 - 10:53:10 am EDT with +/- 1-4 second transition.
    No starvation ends 05/26/17 - 10:53:10 am EDT

CM M.Hudson
    Community Manager

There is an additional day of no starvation aft
    Last edited by jin11; 05-25-2017 at 11:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jin11 View Post
    There is an additional day of no starvation aft
    Yes its standard for no starvation to extend 24 hours beyond the end of the truce.
    CM M.Hudson
    Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by CM M.Hudson View Post
    UPDATE

For clarity:

Truce ends

Attack landing at 10:53:25 gave us the happy new year message

-New Users-

Default wrong

Quote Originally Posted by jin11 View Post
    Attack landing at 10:53:25 gave us the happy new year message
    i landed after said time and am still landing and to no effect
    so when should i land

Is it really so difficult to let the truce end when you announce it?

Half an hour later and we are still wishing a Happy New Year.

-New Users-

Default Happy New Year!

UPDATE

For clarity:

Truce ends

Hello,

Just checking in and noting that the truce should already have been ended, but my raids are still wishing all the farms happy new years. When will this be fixed?

Regards,
    Fellow Celebrator

Default still waiting

Ok, cease fire late in ending....

Das krieg ist vorbei?

WTF?????? Now all my troops are returning from wishing people happy ******* new year, again. Last ******* round I will play.

Status update: We found out that there was a gap in the script to restore starved troops and on some domain not all starved troops have been restored. No worries, they are not lost, in the next days we will restore all of them! We are sorry for the inconvenience.
    CM M.Hudson
    Community Manager

While not as worked up about it, can confirm the truce has not ended.

Even raids launched after the announced truce end time "visit".
    Last edited by skitime; 05-25-2017 at 03:57 PM.

Are you sure the truce ends today and not tomorrow?

Maybe a slight error on your part

You should build more troops then. Mine will be returning for hours empty ******* handed. Already not able to upgrade due to lack of available wheat. So I'm burning more gold then I should have too.

WTF?????? Now all my troops are returning from wishing people happy ******* new year, again. Last ******* round I will play.
    Techsupport just selected a generic truce. In the rush to stop attacks they just selected the first on the list which happens to be the new year truce.
    CM M.Hudson
    Community Manager

Quote Originally Posted by Kanndas View Post
    Is it really so difficult to let the truce end when you announce it?

Half an hour later and we are still wishing a Happy New Year.
    What can I say. Techsupport changed the times without notifying anyone. Because there are still issue following yesterdays outage things are rather fluid We have no control over this as its being managed from HQ.
    CM M.Hudson
    Community Manager

Techsupport just selected a generic truce. In the rush to stop attacks they just selected the first on the list which happens to be the new year truce.
    The problem is not what kind of wishes you chose but that the truce has not ended as you announced on 10:53:10, it has still not ended yet on 11:38, and we have no idea when it will end.

That isn't even close to the point. The situation is the truce was not over. I followed in game recommendation, and you guys screwed the pooch again.

Now I won't be able to raid properly for hours. I want a refund.

That isn't even close to the point. The situation is the truce was not over. I followed in game recommendation, and you guys screwed the pooch again.
    Once again we have no control over this from domain level its all being managed by HQ. They changed the truce times without informing either feanor or myself.

Also we cant issue refunds as we have not access to the payments system. If you wish you can contact complaints@traviangames.com or use the HQ complaints form
    http://www.traviangames.com/customer-support/
    CM M.Hudson
    Community Manager

Farmhand

Truce in Ts4.travian.us was supposed to end 05/25/17 - 10:53:10 am EDT with +/- 1-4 second transition. An hour past that time I wished one of my farms Happy New Year??????????????????????????

If you guys can accept money, you can refund it. My delete timer is set. I'm complaining here, you tell HQ.

Taking a step back from the moral outrage...
    Understand you are the messenger, however do you have the new truce end time that HQ changed it too?

If not, is that information we can get?

So any way someone who knows whats going on can actually post the real time that truce is over? I've now missed 2 days of 100 point daily rewards, and roughly 200k resources from regular farming, and wasting 2 hours lining up attacks perfectly to land when truce was over, being roughly another 200k resources poof.

I understand servers drop, I understand **** happens. but any time I say "I am going to give you 25 bucks for 600 gold" my word is golden, tg games gets my end of the deal. Utter bs to lose all these resources, and waste hours a day trying to perfect an account, just to be duped to miscommunication