Thread: First Ever

Default First Ever

Yup. Gotchya.

Second actually. The Travian Cookbook thread was here first and was then moved back to Gen Chat following requests.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

So.... Who wants to be creative?

Actually, kabooja, back before she was mod polkadot, i think, started a thread of drawings. Because she's an amazing artist. Maybe we ought to start an art thread in here. For people who do art. To post their stuff.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Second actually. The Travian Cookbook thread was here first and was then moved back to Gen Chat following requests.
    I don't think I like you very much Scarecrow.

The country with the world's longest official name

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsier View Post
    I don't think I like you very much Scarecrow.
    It's the constant attempts to drive the population of Gotham insane that do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    It's the constant attempts to drive the population of Gotham insane that do it for me.
    The population of Gotham has been insane for a long time, I suspect.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna
    That whose existence is necessary must necessarily be one essence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumi
    What you are seeking is also seeking you.

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    So.... Who wants to be creative?

Actually, kabooja, back before she was mod polkadot, i think, started a thread of drawings. Because she's an amazing artist. Maybe we ought to start an art thread in here. For people who do art. To post their stuff.
    Kabie is still here, just doesn't come out to play as often. My thread makes me sad, because now I seem to be at a stall. Whenever I sit down it doesn't cross my mind to draw, or, on my time off I also do not think about drawing.

I do hope to revive my artistic side again, sadly it just doesn't seem to be right now. I still owe you a prototype Walter T-shirt too.

Quote Originally Posted by kabooja View Post
    Kabie is still here, just doesn't come out to play as often. My thread makes me sad, because now I seem to be at a stall. Whenever I sit down it doesn't cross my mind to draw, or, on my time off I also do not think about drawing.

I do hope to revive my artistic side again, sadly it just doesn't seem to be right now. I still owe you a prototype Walter T-shirt too.
    I've been in an artistic slump, too. I have done a few things recently - this was inspired by reading the book that the film "Hidden Figures" was based on.

It is art so it probably doesn't matter at all and it has been a while since I took a physics class, but shouldn't the equation be "a=delta v/ delta t". Also I have never read "hidden figures" so it could easily be a reference to something that I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jene Skie View Post
    It is art so it probably doesn't matter at all and it has been a while since I took a physics class, but shouldn't the equation be "a=delta v/ delta t". Also I have never read "hidden figures" so it could easily be a reference to something that I don't know.
    I cribbed the formulae from something I found on the internet so could be wrong.

Hidden Figures is the story of a group of black women mathematicians who worked as 'human computers' for NASA during the 50s and 60s. During this period, these women did most of the calculations for everything from wind tunnel analyses to re-entry paths. Even after computers - as we use the term today - came into widespread use, they broke the complex calculations down into basic steps for programming and then rechecked computer calculations. Some of them went on to become senior NASA personnel. But until recently, their contribution to the development of the American space program was mostly unknown to the public.

The book, by Margot Lee Shetterly - whose father worked at NASA's Langley base and knew some of these women - is fascinating. The film is quite good as well.