Thread: The Travian Cookbook

Default The Travian Cookbook

I have been browsing through a few lounges, and I notice that food is mentioned over, and over, and over again. In addition, my skype chats also frequently refer to foods that people are eating, or making, or want to make. Requests for recipes invariably follow, only to be lost to the passage of time as skype scrolls along each day.

So...

I thought that we could have a place where we post the recipes to the foods we love to make, to eat, to serve to loved ones. A collection made by all of us, in one place. I just posted a mention of blueberry lemon scones, so I'll start. I hope others post here to inspire me and others to make yummy things

Blueberry-Lemon-White Chocolate Scones

3 C Flour
    1/2 C Sugar
    1 TBSP Baking Powder
    1/2 TSP Salt

3/4 C Cold Unsalted Butter, Cubed

3/4 C milk
    1 Egg, beaten
    1 1/2 TSP Finely Grated Lemon Zest

1 1/2 C Blueberries (fresh or frozen - wild are better)
    1 PKG Baker's White Chocolate, chopped into bite size pieces

2 TBSP milk
    2 TBSP sugar

1) Preheat oven to 375*.

2) Stir flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.

3) Cut the butter into the flour mixture using two knives or a pastry cutter until the mixture is pea-shaped

4) Add the milk, egg and lemon peel. Stir with a fork until mixture forms a dough. DO NOT overmix.

5) Gently stir in blueberries and chocolate. To prevent the dough turning purple/blue, freeze fresh blueberries before adding.

6) Divide dough in half. Lightly flour your work surface. Pat each half into a round (aim for 9 inch diameter, 1 inch thick). Cut each round into 8 pieces, like a pizza. Place each piece onto an ungreased cookie sheet (or a parchment paper covered sheet). Brush tops with the 2 TBSPs of milk. Sprinkle with the 2 TBSPs of sugar.

7) Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. If not yet golden, bake for 5 minutes more. Serve warm or at room temperature.
    Leader of KoN (S5), TLDRDTX (S3), CIN and PaN (2016 tournie)
    NI!

Nope. Not today Satan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

Sap, just because you can't cook doesn't mean the rest of us won't enjoy the thread, good call Kerzi
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

I can't in this military afforded kitchen.

Though, what's cool is that the microwave doubles as a convection oven.
    I'm not very bright.

I'm a really bad / 10 cook, Kerzi, but there is ONE recipe I make that I really like. [Veggie burgers]

2015-11-30 23.09.53.jpg

I use 3 regular eggs in place of the flax eggs (since I'm not vegan), slice myself some cheese (melt it onto the burger), then onion, tomato, lettuce, sri racha ketchup, and they're pretty excellent / 10.

Which is good because store bought veggie burgers are horribad.
    Last edited by The Burninator; 05-08-2017 at 11:01 PM.

Swiss Farm Bread

This is the bread my mother grew up on, baked her entire life and infected us kids with.

In a large bowl:
    5 lbs unbleached all purpose flour
    3 tbl spoon salt

mix the salt and flour together, make a well in the middle of the bowl.
    3 tbl spoon dry activated yeast in the middle of the well
    add about three cups of warm water, mixing up the yeast and a bit of the flour.

you now should have flour along the perimeter of the bowl with the well filled with yeast and water.
    wait about 15 minutes until the yeast begins to bloom/foam

have a pitcher of warm water next to the bowl...you will need it.

Start kneading the dough with one hand, incorporating the flour, add warm water as needed, when you are done you should have a fairy sticky dough, not runny, but also not pulling away from the sides. Cover the dough and let it rise to double the size.

when dough has risen
    preheat oven to 425 F, butter 2 or 3 bread pans, put the dough into the pans and pop the pans into the oven for 1.5 hrs.

This will get you lovely crusty bread.

next time I bake....tomorrow I will try to take pictures to show you the stages.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Chocolate chip cookies.

1 tube of chocolate chip cookie dough from the refrigerated section of the store. Follow directions on wrapper.
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    Swiss Farm Bread

This is the bread my mother grew up on, baked her entire life and infected us kids with.

In a large bowl:
    3 tbl spoon salt

you now should have flour along the perimeter of the bowl with the well filled with yeast and water.

Start kneading the dough with one hand, incorporating the flour, add warm water as needed, when you are done you should have a fairy sticky dough, not runny, but also not pulling away from the sides. Cover the dough and let it rise to double the size.

when dough has risen
    preheat oven to 425 F, butter 2 or 3 bread pans, put the dough into the pans and pop the pans into the oven for 1.5 hrs.

next time I bake....tomorrow I will try to take pictures to show you the stages.
    I wanna try this now. But maybe a third the recipe.

I guess the bread lasts 3 days?
    I'm not very bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    Swiss Farm Bread

In a large bowl:
    3 tbl spoon salt

when dough has risen

I'm letting it rise now
    I'm not very bright.

Left it a little sticky.

A third of Flossie's recipe is 5 cups AP flour, 1 tbsp of yeast and 1 tbsp of salt, and 1 cup warm water, plus more.

Still an hour left.
    I'm not very bright.

Came out really well.

I'm not very bright.

But how did it taste?

It's good, moist. Very crunchy crust
    I'm not very bright.

Ooh. Once I've moved in to my new pad I'll have to give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

It is a very forgiving recipe.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison