Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Blazin's first round game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    As you had stated to me ties are a coin toss, town are required to win the coin toss 3 times in a row. Statistically, this gives a 12.5% of winning.
    I actually thought you meant tie in a vote, not amount of players left as I would think the game could still go either way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I actually thought you meant tie in a vote, not amount of players left as I would think the game could still go either way.
    I think that is what he meant.

Mafia ties vote tonight with 3 on someone while we put 3 on SC. If they win coin toss they win.

Mafia ties tomorrow with 2 on someone while we vote 2x on mafia, and again they win if they win the toss.

Then I suppose coin toss when it's 1v1? (Assuming town won the above 2)

It's that last day that seems silly and is why mafia typically win ties. But again, I'm willing to play to get there.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

But.. don't mafia still have a kill? How can town win?
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Doc picks the right save and manages to lynch scum is the only way I see tbh.
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

I've never seen Burn lead a witch hunt before. Seems desperate.

Vote; The Burninator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

Working again today but just caught up. This rpimd was qierd but i agree with...
    Vote: SC

I'm hoping you're drunk or your keyboards stuck, Kelsier. Sorry Burn, Eric sounds right.
    Vote: Burn

You guys should have done Kelsier. Carni knows he's town. All you've done is conftowned me, too. Such reveals. Even if you both piled SC as well, Carni would still have a choice and could have guessed wrong.

I hate posting from my phone. I was right on one... rok is scum. SC then Rok.

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    You guys should have done Kelsier. Carni knows he's town. All you've done is conftowned me, too. Such reveals. Even if you both piled SC as well, Carni would still have a choice and could have guessed wrong.
    Nope. We had to vote as a block anyhow to tie the lynch. Statistics and all.
    Carni now has a game of WIFOM he has to sort with who he thinks we targetted.

Vote: Burn

Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Idk Carni wasn't sold on Rok being maff. If you all hadn't tipped your hand and conftowned me you might have gotten a mislynch.

Carni wins MVP this round for unmasking you SC. I had you as a definite townie.

/me shrugs
    I unmasked myself really when I mentioned I'd already PM'd Blazin RE: ties. I think there was enough confusion created to otherwise obfuscate the issue had I not done so.

I would like to fast track things if everyone else is alright with it. I.e. when all roles are submitted and lynch is otherwise locked into the voting blocks.Why postpone another two days when we know how everyone will otherwise react?

Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Agree. Don't think there's any ambiguity about which players are on which team anymore.

Well my guess is in. Lord knows I simultaneously over and under thought it.
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

I can go ahead with KP, all roles are in just have to figure out the tie, up to you guys.

I'd say go for it Blazin.

Do it.
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

I concur with those two mafia players ^ that you should just go ahead and post the KP as soon as both teams decide who to hammer -- and do this until either town loses by losing the coin toss or town wins by blocking a maff kill.

The town gathered for the lynch, the mafia was no longer hiding but gathered together feeling pretty confident with the level playing ground. When the votes were cast, it was a two way split, three coins were flipped (random.org) to break the tie. With a cry of relief, the three Townies hugged each other and basically carried on like little girls.
    SC was put to death by tubesocks filled with woodscrews and was the bodyguard.
    The two remaining mafia members ran off into the night.
    The town is had a few celebratory drinks at finally lynching the right person. Kels was the first to leave and as he walked down the street, he was beat down with an icepick. As the killing blow was about to be delivered, a door slammed and his name was yelled, scattering his assailants. The doctor rushed to his side, and saved him.

That's GG. 3 town 2 maff -- we lynch Rok tonight and they kill, say me, and it's 2 town 1 maff -- we lynch Eric the last night, and that's gg.

Carni for MVP.

SC/Rok/Eric agree to calling it?

EBWOP -- mafia was nice to us; the way to do it would have been to last minute unvote me and vote carni and switch maff kill to me, since save would not have been on the person who was up for lynch.

DP was going to kill SC but was lynched instead, and then carni made back to back saves, and managed to catch a break on the tie. I honestly thought mafia had it in the bag, Although I assume I made a mistake with the tie and was pretty bummed I might have messed up the round for you guys.

DP was going to kill SC but was lynched instead, and then carni made back to back saves, and managed to catch a break on the tie. I honestly thought mafia had it in the bag, Although I assume I made a mistake with the tie and was pretty bummed I might have messed up the round for you guys.
    It was fine, Blaze. It's every host's nightmare to mess up a game -- I've miscounted votes before!

But no, that was fine. You did have too many mafia, and docs shouldn't be able to self-target, especially in a round with open comms.

But regardless, it was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed Kelsier's play early in the game. Also someday I hope to actually get to be mafia with SC. I feel like we're always on opposite teams and he still always tricks me

We're happy enough as it is. For hosting for the very first time, without help, you've done a tremendous job. Hopefully it has given you some inside into how other players tend to operate. Hosting is completely different to playing and gives a different stream of satisfaction.
    If you ever want a hand with ideas or balance in future let me know.

I'm dead so I'll stop haunting now. Up to my teammates with what they intend to do.

I thought the balance would be alright, although I didn't account for inactivity. Also, I didn't plan for open communication, but it was my fault for not saying it. It went better than I thought it would honestly, I'm not very bright. Thank you all for playing though, I enjoyed hosting.

Give yourself more credit, Blaze. It was top notch

We had to set our lynch and leave it. I haven't been getting on in time to change things before KP, so my fault for that. Gave us no real flexibility on any day. The kills were sent and locked in and so were my comments and lynch, the whole day before KP. The joys of down under. But at least SC was usually awake when I was.

You did pretty well Blaze. Better than I would have.

You didn't mess up the game. Clearly it wasn't settled when the tie came about, it's normally just called there because of how bad the odds are stacked against town. We lucked out this time around, and it was quite a fun round. Thanks for hosting Blaze, don't be too hard on yourself!

I assume based on the way we're all talking, we're calling it tonight?
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

Yeah, if you are waiting for us, we'll call it. Eric hasn't been around much either (if only he'd sent his switch in last night LOL) so don't worry too much there. Just call it.

Carni for MVP.

Yay. You did fine Blaze.

I wasnt expecting to be busy the last 2 days so sorry about that. Thanks for the save Doc.

Great job town! I knew we could do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    I'm not very bright.

Lol. You were a huge help Sap, I can't believe they are calling carni the MVP and not you. It must be discrimination.

Sorry guys, had exams going on so I forgot to send in the switch. Otherwise it would have been an easy Mafia win. Should have gotten Sap out earlier but it was soon enough. All we had to do was shut him and Carni up and there would be no one to support Burn's delusions this round. Kelz was not himself this round lol.
    Aw, you shouldn't have.

I had work! I live 45 mins away, get up 5am, work 12 hours from 7-7, get home and since i work on concrete for 12 hours I am dead man walking so was busy wednesday and thursday. I played the way I play day 1 cause I was home that day.

Lol. You were a huge help Sap, I can't believe they are calling carni the MVP and not you. It must be discrimination.
    I had a lot of stuff going on IRL this week, so I really want able to play. It had nothing to do with the role.
    I'm not very bright.

Complaining about the role was a joke.
    I'm not very bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsier View Post
    I had work! I live 45 mins away, get up 5am, work 12 hours from 7-7, get home and since i work on concrete for 12 hours I am dead man walking so was busy wednesday and thursday. I played the way I play day 1 cause I was home that day.
    That leaves 10 hours a day, your excuse is invalid lol.