Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 111

Thread: Drain the Swamp

  1. #1
    Philosopher н-υ-п-т-ε-я's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    in my body of course
    Posts
    2,029

    Default Drain the Swamp

    So there is a new book by congressman Ken Buck called: Drain the Swamp: How Washington Corruption is Worse than You Think

    according to some news reporting on the book there is too much corruption in the congress!

    Some resources: americanlibertyreport breitbart dailysignal

    Just two weeks after pleading guilty in a major federal fraud case, Amgen, the world’s largest biotechnology firm, scored a largely unnoticed coup on Capitol Hill: Lawmakers inserted a paragraph into the “fiscal cliff” bill that did not mention the company by name but strongly favored one of its drugs.

    The language buried in Section 632 of the law delays a set of Medicare price restraints on a class of drugs that includes Sensipar, a lucrative Amgen pill used by kidney dialysis patients.


    The provision gives Amgen an additional two years to sell Sensipar without government controls. The news was so welcome that the company’s chief executive quickly relayed it to investment analysts. But it is projected to cost Medicare up to $500 million over that period.


    Amgen, which has a small army of 74 lobbyists in the capital, was the only company to argue aggressively for the delay, according to several congressional aides of both parties.
    So we pass a transportation bill, and in the transportation bill we say that we’re going to sell oil in a strategic petroleum reserve to pay for that transportation bill. Now, what’s fascinating about this is that the average price that that oil was purchased at is $76. The price when we sold that oil was $48. Only in government is that considered a profit.
    Buck says that last year, the insurance, real estate and financial industries contributed a combined $29 million to the Congressional members of the Financial Services Committee, while members of the Ways and Means Committee saw $16 million from related industries and the Energy and Commerce Committee saw $8 million go to its members from those industries.
    Democracy? or Moneycracy?

    http://static.pokemoninfinity.com/im..._forum_sig.png

    trooper? recruit an army and get two recruits from me for your army...

    teacher?
    first five would receive 50 extra coins don't miss the chance...

  2. #2

    Scarecrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Just below the tropic of Capricorn.
    Posts
    6,102

    Default

    Plutocracy seems likely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

  3. #3
    Philosopher н-υ-п-т-ε-я's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    in my body of course
    Posts
    2,029

    Default

    I don't know what democracy Obama wanted to protect, neither how Trump with his rich cabinet would drain the swamp.
    http://static.pokemoninfinity.com/im..._forum_sig.png

    trooper? recruit an army and get two recruits from me for your army...

    teacher?
    first five would receive 50 extra coins don't miss the chance...

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by н-υ-п-т-ε-я View Post
    I don't know what democracy Obama wanted to protect, neither how Trump with his rich cabinet would drain the swamp.
    Trump said when he won that he never intended to drain the swamp. It was meet with positive reactions so he kept saying it
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

  5. #5
    Philosopher н-υ-п-т-ε-я's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    in my body of course
    Posts
    2,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    Trump said when he won that he never intended to drain the swamp. It was meet with positive reactions so he kept saying it
    When some american politicians are on stage and talking to people they would cheer for them, even if the politicians want to increase tax on the people.

    American people are sure differently amazing!
    http://static.pokemoninfinity.com/im..._forum_sig.png

    trooper? recruit an army and get two recruits from me for your army...

    teacher?
    first five would receive 50 extra coins don't miss the chance...

  6. #6
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    9,005

    Default

    This what his claims of him and the foreign relations he has amount to...
    http://www.thetrentonline.com/100-st...liberty-trump/
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  7. #7

    Default

    A little ironic, since Brexit was based on not wanting immigration and open borders.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

  8. #8
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    9,005

    Default

    Yeah, and see how much trouble that's causing.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  9. #9

    Default

    So shouldn't they be protesting their own country rather than one across the pond?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

  10. #10
    Philosopher н-υ-п-т-ε-я's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    in my body of course
    Posts
    2,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    So shouldn't they be protesting their own country rather than one across the pond?
    Nah, they still believe that you are part of the U.K.
    http://static.pokemoninfinity.com/im..._forum_sig.png

    trooper? recruit an army and get two recruits from me for your army...

    teacher?
    first five would receive 50 extra coins don't miss the chance...

  11. #11
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    9,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    So shouldn't they be protesting their own country rather than one across the pond?
    Well, they do. But like others, they can hold opinions on more than one thing, and act on more than one issue too. Also, what happens in the US affects more than just the US.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  12. #12
    Consul The Burninator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Great Garden State
    Posts
    8,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Well, they do. But like others, they can hold opinions on more than one thing, and act on more than one issue too. Also, what happens in the US affects more than just the US.
    Consequence of hegemony -- that our policies have wide ranging consequences for people who have no votes. At least they get to protest, though.

  13. #13
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    9,005

    Default



    LOL. Is that a porn track in the background?
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  14. #14
    Philosopher cofc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Back to Oz.
    Posts
    4,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    -motherjones video-
    MotherJones makes InfoWars looks like real news.

  15. #15
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    9,005

    Default

    Not your porn then? Does yours have to contain the word liberal?

    PS. No, nothing compares to infowars. Even AJ admits it's all a beatup.

    Edit: Ooh, he's invited Duterte now. So they really are forming a nasty boys club. He's already got Erdogan, Putin and KJ Ill in his club. Who's next?
    Last edited by Rokchick; 04-30-2017 at 07:19 AM.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  16. #16
    Philosopher cofc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Back to Oz.
    Posts
    4,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Does yours have to contain the word liberal?

    Who's next?
    Why do you say liberal when referencing Democrats?

    Maybe he will give Iran 150 million or allow Russia to annex other countries?

  17. #17
    Philosopher н-υ-п-т-ε-я's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    in my body of course
    Posts
    2,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Edit: Ooh, he's invited Duterte now. So they really are forming a nasty boys club. He's already got Erdogan, Putin and KJ Ill in his club. Who's next?
    Its funny how a liberal call others bad just because they have a different view of the world. and those people you lump together have more differences than similarities.

    http://static.pokemoninfinity.com/im..._forum_sig.png

    trooper? recruit an army and get two recruits from me for your army...

    teacher?
    first five would receive 50 extra coins don't miss the chance...

  18. #18
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    9,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by н-υ-п-т-ε-я View Post
    Its funny how a liberal call others bad just because they have a different view of the world. and those people you lump together have more differences than similarities.
    Who did I call bad? By inference, Duterte, Putin and KJI? They might have differences, but they have a similarity with DT thatmakes him want them in his club. But OK, you defend them then poppet.

    PS. You are misusing the popcorn emoji. Just so's ya know.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  19. #19
    Philosopher н-υ-п-т-ε-я's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    in my body of course
    Posts
    2,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    But OK, you defend them then poppet.
    I never defended them, I just said they have a different view of the world than mainstream liberals. and the problem of you people (all people) is that you don't like to accept each other's ideology, because each of you believe that their ideology is superior and other ideology is trash.

    oh, and you said nasty which is worse than bad!
    http://static.pokemoninfinity.com/im..._forum_sig.png

    trooper? recruit an army and get two recruits from me for your army...

    teacher?
    first five would receive 50 extra coins don't miss the chance...

  20. #20
    Philosopher cofc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Back to Oz.
    Posts
    4,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Who did I call bad?
    I know you did not call the person who gave Iran 150 billion dollars and let Russia annex another country bad. That clearly means you fully support it.

  21. #21
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    9,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by н-υ-п-т-ε-я View Post
    I never defended them, I just said they have a different view of the world than mainstream liberals. and the problem of you people (all people) is that you don't like to accept each other's ideology, because each of you believe that their ideology is superior and other ideology is trash.

    oh, and you said nasty which is worse than bad!
    Well I guess I could have called them brutal, murderous, autocratic leaders. But nasty was shorter. Does DT want to join that club? Of course he does. Hopefully the US system will restrict him from a couple of those descriptions. So in terms of ideology, yes, I believe mine is better than one that allows leaders to kill their opposition literally rather than figuratively.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  22. #22
    Philosopher cofc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Back to Oz.
    Posts
    4,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Does DT want to join that club? Of course he does.
    He has yet to join the give 150 billion to Iran and let Russia annex another country club.

  23. #23
    Philosopher н-υ-п-т-ε-я's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    in my body of course
    Posts
    2,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Well I guess I could have called them brutal, murderous, autocratic leaders.
    So you can say the same about the liberals and democrats who killed civilians in middle east like Obama, Hillary and co?

    nah, your double standard is showing, just becuase they are on your side of ideology they are right!
    http://static.pokemoninfinity.com/im..._forum_sig.png

    trooper? recruit an army and get two recruits from me for your army...

    teacher?
    first five would receive 50 extra coins don't miss the chance...

  24. #24
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    9,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by н-υ-п-т-ε-я View Post
    So you can say the same about the liberals and democrats who killed civilians in middle east like Obama, Hillary and co?

    nah, your double standard is showing, just becuase they are on your side of ideology they are right!
    I didn't support any of the killing of civilians in the Middle East by anyone. Not even most of the activities. But there is a difference between war (even bad ones) and murdering your political opposition.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  25. #25
    Philosopher cofc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Back to Oz.
    Posts
    4,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    I didn't support any of the killing of civilians in the Middle East by anyone. Not even most of the activities. But there is a difference between war (even bad ones) and murdering your political opposition.
    What about wiretapping your political opposition?

  26. #26
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    9,005

    Default

    Not even close to the same thing, even if it did happen (and so far there's no evidence of that).
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  27. #27
    Philosopher cofc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Back to Oz.
    Posts
    4,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Not even close to the same thing, even if it did happen (and so far there's no evidence of that).
    Life comes at you pretty fast:


  28. #28
    Philosopher н-υ-п-т-ε-я's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    in my body of course
    Posts
    2,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    murdering your political opposition.
    Like ISIS Nusra al qaeda, it is okay for the west to kill those terrorists, but not for Assad or Putin?

    and you only watch and you only watch and believe the west news, which is totally biased and one sided against the people you don't like, the non-allies!

    It is okay to illegally overthrow elected leaders like in Egypt because he was a muslim brotherhood, or Ukraine because he was favorable to Russia than Europe.

    See it is okay to arm rebels in Syria, but not in Yemen. because the ones in Syria are working for the west agenda, but the ones in Yemen are not.

    You support bombing Syria for accusation of using chemical weapons, but when a proof of the same terrorist groups using the same gases in Iraq you don't urge the allies to tell their friends who give weapons to the terrorist to stop doing so.

    There is too many stuff like this, when it is mainstream and you support the idea you talk about it, when it is not mainstream you keep in silence.

    http://static.pokemoninfinity.com/im..._forum_sig.png

    trooper? recruit an army and get two recruits from me for your army...

    teacher?
    first five would receive 50 extra coins don't miss the chance...

  29. #29
    Consul The Blazin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murica... **** yeah
    Posts
    7,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Not even close to the same thing, even if it did happen (and so far there's no evidence of that).
    There is more evidence to support the wiretap claim than there is your Russia rigging the election claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

    It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

  30. #30
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    9,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    There is more evidence to support the wiretap claim than there is your Russia rigging the election claim.
    The difference is, I am quite happy to have both claims fully investigated. As soon as possible. And no, there isn't. Trump may have been wiretapped, but I really doubt Obama ordered it. If he did, I really want to know.

    Hunter, calm the word salad. You mistake me for a hawk. I'm not.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  31. #31
    Philosopher н-υ-п-т-ε-я's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    in my body of course
    Posts
    2,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Hunter, calm the word salad. You mistake me for a hawk. I'm not.
    Just giving you different examples.

    I didn't see you condemning that Sudies get a chair in women's rights commision/panel, when their law doesn't allow women to even drive a car!

    http://static.pokemoninfinity.com/im..._forum_sig.png

    trooper? recruit an army and get two recruits from me for your army...

    teacher?
    first five would receive 50 extra coins don't miss the chance...

  32. #32
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    9,005

    Default

    You didn't see me condemning eric trumps haircut either. But I did.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  33. #33
    Philosopher cofc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Back to Oz.
    Posts
    4,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    You didn't see me condemning eric trumps haircut either. But I did.
    Your care for hair seems very catty. Do you embrace bad female stereotypes on purpose?

  34. #34
    Consul The Blazin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murica... **** yeah
    Posts
    7,209

    Default

    Claims against HRC, have been confirmed and were dismissed (not by a judge mind you) when criminal charges SHOULD have been filed and at the very least gone to court. Do you, or do you not agree with that statement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

    It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

  35. #35
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    9,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Claims against HRC, have been confirmed and were dismissed (not by a judge mind you) when criminal charges SHOULD have been filed and at the very least gone to court. Do you, or do you not agree with that statement?
    So, because you can't keep to the topic, you keep going back to the one that you have feelz for? That is just your very biased opinion. If the claims against donnie are properly investigated and then not continued, shall we leave it at that for that case, or shall we forever assume that a republican led congressional committee and republican dominated everything, including an FBI biased against HRC, were biased in their findings against a republican president and insist they were wrong about him being treasonous forever (btw, my assumption is he was stupid, and ignorant of his teams dealings, not treasonous)?
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  36. #36
    Consul The Blazin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murica... **** yeah
    Posts
    7,209

    Default

    So I have feelz? At least I can honestly answer a question, you cant, and this isn't the first time you have dodged one because you don't like the facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

    It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

  37. #37
    Consul Rokchick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    -32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm
    Posts
    9,005

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    So I have feelz? At least I can honestly answer a question, you cant, and this isn't the first time you have dodged one because you don't like the facts.
    What facts? That she was investigated umpteen times to no outcome?
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

  38. #38
    Consul The Blazin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murica... **** yeah
    Posts
    7,209

    Default

    That is completely untrue Rok, and you know it. She was investigated, and the FBI said she broke several laws but refused to charge her. This is a fact Rok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

    It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

  39. #39
    Philosopher cofc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Back to Oz.
    Posts
    4,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    What facts? That she was investigated umpteen times
    Twice by the FBI, one is still ongoing. The first one was resolved when Comey said she was too dumb to know that she was committing crimes.

  40. #40

    Scarecrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Just below the tropic of Capricorn.
    Posts
    6,102

    Default

    #feelthebern

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonothan Crane
    Patients suffering delusional episodes often focus their paranoia on an external tormentor. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. In this case, a scarecrow.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •