Thread: Sniping

Default Sniping

So I'll admit I'm a bit rusty being on my 1st server back in 6 years. However, from what I've discussed with my new alliance mates the process remains the same. Either dodge and return or rein at the correct second.

I've successfully done it a few times this server, but recently had an issue (as did an ally in the same village). The reins were correctly launched to land same second as the attacking waves but the reins arrived after the attackers waves.

My understanding is that the order of events would be: #1 Attack Wave, Rein Insert, #2-4 Attack Waves.

Now, in this case, it was only a 3 wave attack (all same second). Does that have an impact on when the defense would be inserted in the event order? Was this a bug?

I would appreciate any help the community could offer.

So with sniping you it depends on which lands first. If you are attempting to snipe a chief attempt. You need to time it between the wave. 00:00:00 (clear) 00:00:01 (chiefs) you would have to snipe exactly at 00:00:00

However if it is all at 00:00:00 the only way to snipe it is landing at 00:00:00 after the clear is launched but the chiefs have not been launched yet.

So if you have 3 villages being attacked you would need to snipe all 3 before chiefs are even sent and hope that you guessed correctly.

It is first come first serve. If all chiefs are launched same second and you want to snipe you are **** outta luck. Next best thing is to have one of your chiefs land to take back the village.
    Last edited by Foley; 04-17-2017 at 12:53 AM.

Good point about the chiefs but this was a purely a cat situation.

3 attack waves same second, launched at the same time with a landing time of 07:08:02. Reins landed at 07:08:02 but came in #4 in the event order and thus missed #2/#3 attacks.

What Foley is trying to say is you can't snipe same second waves if they were all launched at the same time (and never have been able to). The queue is first in, first out. So if you launch reins after they launched the attack, your reins land last. Same second sniping is only possible if you send reins before later, faster waves launch (which is certainly a strategy I have seen used).

S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Tineren I appreciate the clarification, now it makes sense.

However, this runs contrary to my understanding and in also my experience. While I can't remember the old days that well anymore, I have successfully landed reins on same second waves, that were launched at the same time recently. Of course I could be wrong since the number of attacks is high and generating quite a few reports and so I could simply be misattributing. I will need to pay close attention next time to be sure.

The logic makes sense though, first in first out.

As an anvil, I, of course, don't like this. My viewpoint is obviously biased but it seems to give too much advantage to an attacker if the only way to stop 4 WPS is to stack in front of it. Sure you can snipe the following 4 WPS and on down the line and stop a lot of damage but you will still take decent damage from the first 4 WPS.

That's the reason they added the 4 WPS restriction. In the old days attackers could get 10-20 WPS.

S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    That's the reason they added the 4 WPS restriction. In the old days attackers could get 10-20 WPS.
    Theoretically, you should still be able to get those 20 same-second waves from the same village, by changing the TS level. Or does the restriction also prevent you from doing that?

It's four waves per second per launch. So you could do that, but it would be a lot easier/cheaper to throw in some lead and/or trailing fakes to confuse the snipe points.