Thread: [US4] Restart

Default [US4] Restart

Dear players,

Our server US4 will restart on Sunday 23rd April at 19:00 EDT (Mon 24th April 00:00 UTC)

Pre-reg opens on 21st April 2017
    Regards,
    Your Travian Team

blarghhhh too soon, will not be playing.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Just a friendly note to the staff: the travian fluid black layout makes it look like there is no message in this post.
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

Community Moderator Mod Deadpool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carni View Post
    Just a friendly note to the staff: the travian fluid black layout makes it look like there is no message in this post.
    Hi Carni,

I just tried the Fluid Black theme and can still see the message.

You can see the message because it probably has been changed after his post. I'm using the fluid black theme all the time and most of the announcements that M. Hudson posts in these forums are not visible on this theme. This happens because the announcement text is often copy-pasted here. The issue arises when the copied text contains it's own format and simply copying it does not get rid of it. As font color in that copied format is usually black, the text becomes invisible since the website does not adjust pasted text automatically, like it does with text which has been typed by keyboard. A simple solution is simply to mark the text and remove the format before submitting the post, guess our CM just forgets to do that, though I can't blame the guy as I know he administers multiple forums and has to get the announcements across all of them.

Yes, I can now see the message no problem. I'm not concerned one way or the other about it, I just wanted to post a heads up for forum staff.
    Calling out weak trolling since December 2012

S1 R6 - Caesarum R7 - Carni R8 - Phantom
    S2 R8 - Storeythor
    S4 R8 - Carni
    S5 R5 - Blackbird R7 - BBC
    S8 R2 - Eazykills
    S19 R1 - Seba18

Quote Originally Posted by banzai130 View Post
    You can see the message because it probably has been changed after his post. I'm using the fluid black theme all the time and most of the announcements that M. Hudson posts in these forums are not visible on this theme. This happens because the announcement text is often copy-pasted here. The issue arises when the copied text contains it's own format and simply copying it does not get rid of it. As font color in that copied format is usually black, the text becomes invisible since the website does not adjust pasted text automatically, like it does with text which has been typed by keyboard. A simple solution is simply to mark the text and remove the format before submitting the post, guess our CM just forgets to do that, though I can't blame the guy as I know he administers multiple forums and has to get the announcements across all of them.

You are of course correct. HQ provides the announcement text and although there is no visible formating the tool clearly adds something that gets copied across. I will try to remember to change the color to automatic when pasting but if i forget please do poke me in PM or via skype
    CM M.Hudson
    Community Manager
    Travian: Legends US/UK

128-10-93-85-10-128-98-112-6-6-25-126-39-1-68-78

Default Different times?

Umm on the server info it says 24/4/17 19:00 which is Monday but on the announcement you announce Sunday... so which is it?

Why hasn't the server started yet?

Community Moderator Mod Deadpool's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James Mattis View Post
    Why hasn't the server started yet?
    The server has started. You can register HERE.

Have a good game.