Thread: Doctor vs United

Default Doctor vs United

What your guys think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

I don't have a guy, want me to ask my woman?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

A quick way to obtain a free million dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by cofc View Post
    A quick way to obtain a free million dollars.
    Bingo!
    I'm not very bright.

Airline: we will give you $800 if you reschedule
    Passenger: no, I want this plane I paid money!
    Airline: hello, police/security, clean up.

Sounds more like gangesture than airlines!
    Can't those people handle their booking and schedules decently.
    And they have no backup plans for overbooking!
    http://static.pokemoninfinity.com/im..._forum_sig.png

trooper? recruit an army and get two recruits from me for your army...

teacher?
    first five would receive 50 extra coins don't miss the chance...

eeny meeny miny mo.jpg

Eenie, meenie, minie, moe...

I think they clearly terrorized this poor guy. The picture of him when he got back on the plane, clutching a door jam and muttering "I want to go home" over and over was just so sad.
    Chicago's Finest will be sued as well, hopefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by н-υ-п-т-ε-я View Post
    Can't those people handle their booking and schedules decently.
    And they have no backup plans for overbooking!
    They overbook flights by 5-10% to compensate for no shows. They have algorithms to predict the no show rate so it varies from flight to flight. The percentage of seats that are actually oversold (when too many bookings show up) is less than one in 1 thousand. Of course, since they are moving thousands of passengers every day, it's fairly common.

S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    They overbook flights by 5-10% to compensate for no shows. They have algorithms to predict the no show rate so it varies from flight to flight. The percentage of seats that are actually oversold (when too many bookings show up) is less than one in 1 thousand. Of course, since they are moving thousands of passengers every day, it's fairly common.
    They're still making money off no shows.
    I'm not very bright.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

It was VERY poorly handled. When the "volunteered ones" refused to go, they should have just asked who would be prepared to go at what price. There would be 4 or more on that flight that would have been prepared to jump off for MUCH less than this debacle is going to cost them!

Story time: I was on an overbooked flight to London before Xmas many years ago. They came over the PA and asked for 4 volunteers. I volunteered after a few minutes because I had no rush, and many of the others were heading home for Xmas. They offered me points for volunteering, then, as we (me and one other guy, by the time it got to this, they had "found" another 2 seats). Just as we were heading out, the captain came back, and said "I have a perfect record on this route, so far, no one loses their flight. There are 2 seats up in 1st class we can clear (I think they were just holding "stuff") until we get to Singapore". The plan was, we'd go back to cattle class at Changi. But.. at Changi, the crew changed. Back then, they gave you re-boarding passes as you disembarked - we went out the front door which was only for 1st class, so I got to fly all the way to London 1st class! The best bit was, that the crew from Singapore on didn't know we weren't real 1st class, so we got treated like real first class passengers. It was damn fine too. When we got to London, we walked straight through customs and immigration - obviously they thought rich people didn't need to be checked, or queue - and I got maximum time on my visa, because I looked at him blankly when he asked if I had a return ticket. He probably thought I had someone else book and pay for everything and wouldn't know such things.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    In this case, the seats were not for overbooking customers, but for their desire to move employees of United to another location.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    They're still making money off no shows.
    The only major airline that doesn't give refunds to no shows is Jet Blue. They don't overbook because they get close to zero no shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    Story time: I was on an overbooked flight to London before Xmas many years ago. They came over the PA and asked for 4 volunteers. I volunteered after a few minutes because I had no rush, and many of the others were heading home for Xmas. They offered me points for volunteering, then, as we (me and one other guy, by the time it got to this, they had "found" another 2 seats).
    It's interesting to note the "bribes" they offer passengers to get volunteers are generally much lower than what they are legally required to pay you for delaying your arrival. Depending on how long the delay is, you are owed two to four times the pice of your ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by cofc View Post
    In this case, the seats were not for overbooking customers, but for their desire to move employees of United to another location.
    Iit's all smoke and mirrors, They probably overbooked and still expected enough no shows so there would be space for the crew. It just sounds like a more legitimate reason than "Oops! We sold too many seats!" In a similar vein, when the computer picks someone "at random" to bump, it's generally not random at all. It picks the last passenger to check in among the passengers who paid the least for their seat. But they don't like to call attention to the fact that not everyone in coach paid the same amount. Similarly, if they are upgrading someone's seat, it will be a frequent flyer member who paid the full fare and checked in early.

S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

He is about to earn a bank filled with money from court, that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeath View Post
    If anyone is looking for a preformed team to join up with please feel free to apply
    Quote Originally Posted by lethaljimmy View Post
    1. FwB was not a preformed team.
    Battle Reports:
    Finals 2016:
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/444870c3228
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/44487179c06

Quote Originally Posted by ArabChuckNorris View Post
    He is about to earn a bank filled with money from court, that's for sure.
    He's 69 years old and has some psychological issues, probably some new ones as well. The money may pay for therapy!
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

Is he really a doctor though?
    I'm not very bright.

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Oooh victim blaming. Awesome! What difference does it make if he's a doctor or an unemployed disturbed homeless person? It was appalling. It will become a training video on how not to do things. A very, very expensive one. A billion off the share price and plummeting Asian bookings. Cheap as huh?
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Why was it even an issue? Why couldn't the person that couldn't board be the one to have to rebook a flight? Why take off a passenger that was already on board? And no, I've been in the hospital and have not read about this, nor do I really want to. You guys can fill me in or not.
    The ORIGINALCisalpine! Retired

http://forum.travian.us/showthread.php?t=95436 for the Awesome Natar Win
    http://forum.travian.us/showthread.php?t=93085 For US S1 history

Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    Why was it even an issue? Why couldn't the person that couldn't board be the one to have to rebook a flight? Why take off a passenger that was already on board? And no, I've been in the hospital and have not read about this, nor do I really want to. You guys can fill me in or not.
    Wasn't a normal passenger. Was United employees that were needed in another city to staff a plane. They looked for 4 volunteers to leave the plane and no one took their offer. Then they selected 4 random peeps who were forced to leave. The 69 year old doctor refused, saying he was needed at work the next day. Airport police were called in and in the process of removing him, they busted his face on the arm of a chair and dragged him bodily from the plane unconscious.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    Wasn't a normal passenger. Was United employees that were needed in another city to staff a plane. They looked for 4 volunteers to leave the plane and no one took their offer. Then they selected 4 random peeps who were forced to leave. The 69 year old doctor refused, saying he was needed at work the next day. Airport police were called in and in the process of removing him, they busted his face on the arm of a chair and dragged him bodily from the plane unconscious.
    Which, as it was noted, the employees could have driven for 5 hours to get there.
    I'm not very bright.

Well ****. Well, honestly, a Dr is more important than an airline employee. IMO at least.
    The ORIGINALCisalpine! Retired

http://forum.travian.us/showthread.php?t=95436 for the Awesome Natar Win
    http://forum.travian.us/showthread.php?t=93085 For US S1 history

Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    Well ****. Well, honestly, a Dr is more important than an airline employee. IMO at least.
    No one wanted to leave. They offered 800 airline bucks and a hotel room and no one took the bribe. Everyone had paid for their ticket and wanted to get to their destination. Was very military-ish. The video is pretty horrifying, with him screaming in fear as they grabbed him from his seat. The screaming stopped immediately after his face hits the arm of the chair.
    From what I heard, he lost teeth and was mildly concussed.

united-friendly-skies-meme-.jpg
    Last edited by Dan Chak; 04-14-2017 at 04:15 AM.

They also broke his nose and he spent a few days in the hospital. He's said it was more traumatic then when he fled Saigon as it fell at the end of the Vietnam war.
    From what I've read, an airline can't actually legally remove you from a flight without cause once you have boarded. If that's the case, United has zero chance in court.

The lost share value.

And now they will lose compensation money.

teacher?

The lost share value is minuscule. The stock is higher than it was a month ago, and higher than it was for eight of the last twelve months. It had a bigger drop in mid March than it did this week.

and something new with united airlines!

Canadian man stung by scorpion on United Airlines flight

teacher?