Thread: Closure

Default Closure

Hello everyone,

As I'm sure most of you already noticed, I have now deleted off the server. I want to first say thank you to everyone who gave me their trust and help as we navigated the often turbulent waters of us1, both in-game and on the forums.

To them, I also wish to extend the most sincere apology for being unable to deliver to you what I think you deserved: a win. I take full responsibility for the mistakes I made along the way, the list of which is too numerous to count.

To those in BTDT, good game. You guys were/have always been formidable foes and though I disagree with your tactics here on the forum I understand them, and you guys defend your own. I respect that, and obviously a bunch of respect to your coordinators on both the defense and offense side.

To Lord Bane, I'm sure you know how I feel about your decision to sabotage the piece of GONE that you did. That aside, I'd like to extend a sincere apology for however it is you believe that I've wronged you, and know that my goal in this game is not to create lasting enemies. Instead, to me, it is a big chess game with which I would pick up and play with anyone. The personal insults were uncalled for, as were my alluding to people's personal lives at times.

Several of my life experiences have contributed to the stubbornness and my need to "always be right". I say that not as an excuse for that behavior but instead to share a bit of perspective. I grew up in a lousy neighborhood, was the first in my family to graduate high school/college, and so I've always had to "prove" myself in life both to my teachers and to my peers - in very real, physical terms, and in academia.

I share this to hopefully provide some closure to the server, to those who may not understand why I act the way I do at times, and in hopes that we can begin a substantive discussion on whatever it is anyone may have questions about in regards to this round of us1.

Finally, to those still playing, have tons of fun! I am taking a break from all in-game activity for a few weeks, if not longer. Catch me on skype if you want to talk 1 on 1.

To those interested, I'd love to field your questions here and learn in any way possible.
    US1 - Redemption. US2 - Luisss.

"Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

10 bucks says that Bane's gonna put a ******** comment lol
    Last edited by SMOD polkadot; 04-05-2017 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Filter Evasion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rasputin View Post
    10 bucks says that Bane's gonna put a ******** comment lol
    Not at all. He's not being an ***.

Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    To them, I also wish to extend the most sincere apology for being unable to deliver to you what I think you deserved: a win. I take full responsibility for the mistakes I made along the way, the list of which is too numerous to count.
    To Lord Bane, I'm sure you know how I feel about your decision to sabotage the piece of GONE that you did. That aside, I'd like to extend a sincere apology for however it is you believe that I've wronged you, and know that my goal in this game is not to create lasting enemies. Instead, to me, it is a big chess game with which I would pick up and play with anyone. The personal insults were uncalled for, as were my alluding to people's personal lives at times.
    And this is all I ever wanted.

Several of my life experiences have contributed to the stubbornness and my need to "always be right". I say that not as an excuse for that behavior but instead to share a bit of perspective. I grew up in a lousy neighborhood, was the first in my family to graduate high school/college, and so I've always had to "prove" myself in life both to my teachers and to my peers - in very real, physical terms, and in academia.
    I wish you hadn't posted this as it always seems to me to be a last minute attempt to dodge responsibility and to make excuses. My life sounds much like yours and might have very well been just as tough if not worse. I don't talk about it though, I don't use it as an excuse and I don't let it define me. I've moved on.

I'll leave it at that. Thank you for the post, enjoy your break and best of luck on your future servers.
    Last edited by SMOD polkadot; 04-05-2017 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Fixing Quote.

Luisss,

even though this wasn't the ideal round, I still had a lot of fun. We've all made mistakes (75% cropper anyone? ...shouldn't have gone for cats first!) but that's how we learn. Next round I play, I won't have a crappy cropper. I've also learned I need to speak up more. I live too much in my head and it's clouded my judgement and made me say things I shouldn't have. I've enjoyed talking with you and I think you truly did what you thought should have been done. I know I've said some things this past week and for that I'm not proud of myself. Please know that I think you are a good guy, albeit stubborn. (not as stubbrn as DA, though) haha

Good luck!

Twist

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    I wish you hadn't posted this as it always seems to me to be a last minute attempt to dodge responsibility and to make excuses. My life sounds much like yours and might have very well been just as tough if not worse. I don't talk about it though, I don't use it as an excuse and I don't let it define me. I've moved on.
    I would disagree. He is who he is now because of his past. When you "move on", it means you're insulting the hard work you put in back then to overcome all your struggles. You're past defines who you are because you're past has molded you into what you are today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post

I'll leave it at that. Thank you for the post, enjoy your break and best of luck on your future servers.
    I don't think he meant it to be a dodge, but just an explanation. He's still taking responsibility for his actions just before that. If he hadn't taken responsibility, but only placed the background story, then I'd agree with you. Otherwise, the same could be said about me yesterday when I shared a little about what's going on in my personal life. I owned up to my mistakes and then explained why I was being a pill.

PoP: it could be worse than a 75% cropper -- you could be bad and have gone for a 50% like some people. (Me)
    "The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice... It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, and the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one. No matter the blood. No matter the skin. No matter the world. No matter the star. We are one. No matter the pain. No matter the darkness. No matter the loss. No matter the fear. We are one. Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognise this singular truth and this singular rule: that we must be kind to one another. Because, each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future. We are one." ~G'kar

Very respectful post Luisss, and it's nice to see some civility being shown by both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    PoP: it could be worse than a 75% cropper -- you could be bad and have gone for a 50% like some people. (Me)
    You poor poor thing! 75 has been tough... less now that my hammer is smooshed on a couple walls.

Quote Originally Posted by Pile of Pandas View Post
    You poor poor thing! 75 has been tough... less now that my hammer is smooshed on a couple walls.
    LOL, I believe I may have mentioned in places that I am bad at this game .

It works though -- looks like you've done even better than I have with it, so you must be doing something right
    "The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice... It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, and the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one. No matter the blood. No matter the skin. No matter the world. No matter the star. We are one. No matter the pain. No matter the darkness. No matter the loss. No matter the fear. We are one. Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognise this singular truth and this singular rule: that we must be kind to one another. Because, each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future. We are one." ~G'kar

Quote Originally Posted by Pile of Pandas View Post
    We took a 75 oercent cropper so we could be close to key hammers. It's been a bit tricky at times, but we found ways to compensate, and proximity to the core certainly enhanced our effectiveness as an anvil. Trade-offs.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

I got my 150% but being out in the boonies has been terrible. Lesson learned.

When I took it I was flying solo and had never played with anybody from this round before. I had no idea if I was ever going to be invited into GONE or if I'd be solo the entire round, which is why I moved as far out as I did.

Ill be one of those that have to take a crap on your reasoning...Im sorry but this is a copout... bs.. lame *** excuse... pity party.... the list could go on!

You have played how many rounds? You have been a leader of how many teams?? This isnt your first rodeo! You got out classed and out played then complained that a preformed team did things that shouldn't have been done..

There are many that have lived the same life you have or worse, and had to prove themselves to others but ya know what? They learned from others and stored that information in the back of their head so they wouldn't make the same mistakes in the future. You have not learned from your past errors (in game at least) and then had to come here and spew the crap you have over the past how many months

You can blame who you want but to be honest the bottom line is you cant be taught. PERIOD

I guarantee I could have taken your team and won the server and had a blast in the process while teaching the next group of players how to properly play! Yes you had new members... but you also had enough vets that could have been mentors to the next generation of players... which is sad because due to your incompetent behavior some may not play again.

We all have had things happen that are out of our control both in game and irl. The question is did you suck it up, deal with it, or did ya roll over and die? Those that know me know what I'm talking about..
    The power of Murdok......
    wow i love that Murdok guy he ain't even a Mh anymore but i am still scared he will ban me lol

... Reputation and respect are earned, not given, no matter how big your ban-stick may be. He ain't no Murdok.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdok View Post
    Ill be one of those that have to take a crap on your reasoning...Im sorry but this is a copout... bs.. lame *** excuse... pity party.... the list could go on!

You have played how many rounds? You have been a leader of how many teams?? This isnt your first rodeo! You got out classed and out played then complained that a preformed team did things that shouldn't have been done..

There are many that have lived the same life you have or worse, and had to prove themselves to others but ya know what? They learned from others and stored that information in the back of their head so they wouldn't make the same mistakes in the future. You have not learned from your past errors (in game at least) and then had to come here and spew the crap you have over the past how many months

You can blame who you want but to be honest the bottom line is you cant be taught. PERIOD

I guarantee I could have taken your team and won the server and had a blast in the process while teaching the next group of players how to properly play! Yes you had new members... but you also had enough vets that could have been mentors to the next generation of players... which is sad because due to your incompetent behavior some may not play again.

We all have had things happen that are out of our control both in game and irl. The question is did you suck it up, deal with it, or did ya roll over and die? Those that know me know what I'm talking about..
    I thought I laid out pretty clearly that I wasn't using my upbringing as an excuse or "reasoning" behind my actions - it is in the quote you quoted. I simply provided some context. If it came off another way, that was not my intention and I hope this clears that up.

As for learning from my mistakes, my travian history is often greatly exaggerated (and not by me). I have only played about 3 rounds to completion - the first of which was with Empire on us4 in my first round ever (where they won and I was a lowly resource pusher), a round of us5 I believe where I was part of ELE for a while and eventually a dual on a WW account that round, and finally us1 this round. I have been in and out of a bunch of servers, including a stint with Greg's devildogs but my only role in leading has been in ELE (Evil league of evil) and this round of us1. In both cases I was one of a number of leaders. That is not to say many of the mistakes made weren't mine, just that many of the major decisions impacting the servers were not in my hands alone.

If there is any questions you have in regards to what I had a direct role in this round or what GONEs strategy (or lack thereof) was in any instance, please ask. At this point, I am very open to a discussion about server dynamics.

Finally, and most importantly, I hope you are doing well Murdok and it is good to see you posting.
    Last edited by Luisss; 04-06-2017 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    LOL, I believe I may have mentioned in places that I am bad at this game .

It works though -- looks like you've done even better than I have with it, so you must be doing something right
    Well, you're definitely good at hosting Mafia *wink wink*

I take full responsibility for the mistakes I made along the way, the list of which is too numerous to count.
    That is not to say many of the mistakes made weren't mine.
    If there is any questions you have in regards to what I had a direct role in this round or what GONEs strategy (or lack thereof) was in any instance, please ask.
    Ok, I will go first..

You mentioned your "too numerous to count" mistakes.. I am very curious if you could rattle off a few key mistakes that you personally have made.. You know, just for a chance at "Redemption" here..

I have only played about 3 rounds to completion -
    .. us4
    ..a round of us5
    ..and finally us1 this round.
    Uhmmm..... Obvious troll is obvious..??
    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by odinloki View Post

That caught my eye as well.

1...2...allmosttttt ok, close enough. 3!

I am very curious if you could rattle off a few key mistakes that you personally have made.. You know, just for a chance at "Redemption" here..
    YES

Ok, I will go first..

You mentioned your "too numerous to count" mistakes.. I am very curious if you could rattle off a few key mistakes that you personally have made.. You know, just for a chance at "Redemption" here..
    Sure thing. In-game (and in no particular order):

1. Getting cocky after my first two successful ops and going for a zero'ing of two capitals on December 5th rather than simply continuing the strategy that had been successful two times prior.

2. Asking many key hammers to turn anvil rather than rebuild because I felt like we needed to compensate.

3. Not creating a proper system of standing defense for large artifacts once we had taken them and I had converted to Defense Coordinator (lack had to step back and no one else had the activity needed for it).

4. Taking over a month to settle my capital because I was looking for a high % 15c, thus being too far to effectively help my teammates on defense.

5. Not clearing the quad properly, ever.

6. Clearing way too many arties, especially unnecessary ones, and then being unable to defend them.

7. Not creating a proper mentoring structure for those still learning the game.

There are more, and some of these demonstrate an overall deficiency in GONE structure, but I am comfortable taking full responsibility for these shortcomings as they are things I hoped to tackle at one point or another and fell short on.

These are also just in-game. There were many more mistakes made as far as relationships go, but I'd need permission to disclose details of conversations to go further, outside of the Tik Tok situation which is a glaringly obvious example.

I counted this round because the "winner" had accomplished their goal, from my view. I'm fine keeping it at 2 .

Luisss - I thought you led/helped lead a terribad alliance on s7 as well?
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

[7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    Luisss - I thought you led/helped lead a terribad alliance on s7 as well?
    I dont believe I have ever spawned on s7, no.

Yes your past makes you the person you are today. Has nothing to do with gameplay and how you conduct yourself either on or off the forums. I like you just fine OFF the forums as you well know. People on here would be shocked at my past life experience as it would normally make me a real *****, not just a playful sarcastic one. The only way my past life has influenced my in game/forum self is trust. I only dual with those I trust with my life. Once that trust is broken, that's it. That and loyalty. When you earn my loyalty it's for life, UNLESS you betray me.

Good luck Luisssss. Truly. But with that being said, abandoning your team because you lost is sucky. I felt horrible enough leaving with serious RL problems. SERIOUS problems. I don't know how you can live with that. I can't and I HAD to leave.
    The ORIGINALCisalpine! Retired

http://forum.travian.us/showthread.php?t=95436 for the Awesome Natar Win
    http://forum.travian.us/showthread.php?t=93085 For US S1 history

Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    I only dual with those I trust
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    Good luck Luisssss. Truly. But with that being said, abandoning your team because you lost is sucky. I felt horrible enough leaving with serious RL problems.
    It's only Travian.

It's only Travian Cis. Real life comes first.