View Poll Results: Would you like to have these features implemented in the upcoming servers of Travian?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Both (donation system and defense point distribution system)

    23 76.67%
  • Only donation system

    0 0%
  • Only defense point distribution system

    4 13.33%
  • None

    3 10.00%
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Rise of Alliances features on regular servers

  1. #1

    Default Rise of Alliances features on regular servers

    Alliance_donation.png

    Dear Community,
    We know you are super curious to know which one is the fake news out of our April' Fool, but lets play this a bit differently. Along the year we will reveal you small pieces, because we'd like you to focus on a specific topic time after time. And today we will tell you which is the first thing coming.
    We are almost ready to release the Rise of Alliances donation system and defense point distribution to the new normal server, but before doing this wed like to get some deeper feedback from you.
    So please, vote on this poll and comment to this thread with your detailed feedbacks, and ask also your friends to do so, the more voice we hear the easier will be for us to decide wisely how to further develop the game and which features to implement.
    Your Travian team

  2. #2
    Consul Lurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Midwest U.S.
    Posts
    5,687

    Default

    I think the defense point redistribution will be a positive change. The anvils really are the heroes of any good alliance and they don't get any recognition from the game mechanics.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

    [7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

  3. #3

    Default

    Stats that show both the old and modified defense system, recognizes the anvils for their efforts but you still know who is getting attacked.

  4. #4

    Default

    Anvils need more credit. Usually hammers are more known but this shouldn't be the case all the time.

    Also, if adding new tribes was for the April fools I'm gunna cry to sleep everyday until new tribes come out.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeath View Post
    If anyone is looking for a preformed team to join up with please feel free to apply
    Quote Originally Posted by lethaljimmy View Post
    1. FwB was not a preformed team.
    Battle Reports:
    Finals 2016:
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/444870c3228
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/44487179c06

  5. #5
    Villager BlackBlade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fetz86 View Post
    Stats that show both the old and modified defense system, recognizes the anvils for their efforts but you still know who is getting attacked.
    If this could be accomplished I think it would be the best option. If this isn't possible than modifying it to who provides the defense as proposed in the poll is the best option. Anvil's have always gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to our contributions to a team. Sure we might get internal credit but the hammers always get the attention on a wider scale for both attacking and defending since they tend to be targetted more often.

    I would love to see the alliance bonuses added to vanilla Travian Legends. There are some problems/suggestions that come to mind:

    1. Multi-Wing Alliances - Funding the resources for bonuses across two alliances or more becomes expensive. There are only so many top raiders and/or top pop players with lots of resources to spare. I would be interested in seeing the donation system as you called it work across confed lines. In order to keep balance total cost would increase compared to funding for a single alliance but have some level of savings over doing it for two alliances seperately.

    2. Big vs Small Player Contributions - A balance needs to be struck between how much can be donated and by whom. I can see the system being abused in some cases where alliances milk the small players to donate early on and drop them later. A similar issue can happen with the big players, who tend to be heavy raiders. While they have more to give it is unfair to give them too much of the burden. Of course both of these problems can be avoided by a good leadership team that creates the right balance.

    3. Add more bonuses - I have two in mind.

    3A. An infanstructure bonus which reduces travel time for troops and merchants between allies.

    3B. A builder bonus which reduces costs of certain buildings for allies. I have in mind Treasure Chambers lvl 11-20, GW/GG and fields over a certain level.

  6. #6

    Default

    I think one of the best things about ROA is the sharing of artifacts. Giving more players power rather than putting it in the hands of a few. Alliance Bonuses could level the playing field a little, you could have the recruitment and metallurgy, get rid of commerce and add a troop speed bonus.
    s4r2 - ABT
    s4r3 - AXE
    s4r4 - ROAR
    s5r3 - Pack

  7. #7

    Default

    For Information. HQ Game Center will only let me discuss specific topics from the april fools announcment but it may help to understand the RoA mechanics


    Alliance Bonuses

    Players have the ability to contribute resources to the alliance to gain certain bonuses, like greater CP production, faster troop production, weapon and armor bonuses as well as a bonus on merchant capacity.
    The amount of resources a player can donate is limited and resets on a daily basis. The player can spend Gold to triple the size of their donation while paying the same amount of resources. The daily limit the player has cannot be increased by spending Gold.


    Defense Point Calculation

    The defense points for the top 10 defenders are usually granted to the defending village owner, even if most of the defending units are from different players. This has been changed so that the defense points are split among all defenders based on the defending units supplied.
    More information about the special can be found on the Travian Blog:

    Intoduction of the annual special

    Core features

    Alliance bonus

    Balancing changes

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBlade View Post
    I would love to see the alliance bonuses added to vanilla Travian Legends. There are some problems/suggestions that come to mind:

    1. Multi-Wing Alliances - Funding the resources for bonuses across two alliances or more becomes expensive. There are only so many top raiders and/or top pop players with lots of resources to spare. I would be interested in seeing the donation system as you called it work across confed lines. In order to keep balance total cost would increase compared to funding for a single alliance but have some level of savings over doing it for two alliances seperately.

    2. Big vs Small Player Contributions - A balance needs to be struck between how much can be donated and by whom. I can see the system being abused in some cases where alliances milk the small players to donate early on and drop them later. A similar issue can happen with the big players, who tend to be heavy raiders. While they have more to give it is unfair to give them too much of the burden. Of course both of these problems can be avoided by a good leadership team that creates the right balance.

    3. Add more bonuses - I have two in mind.

    3A. An infanstructure bonus which reduces travel time for troops and merchants between allies.

    3B. A builder bonus which reduces costs of certain buildings for allies. I have in mind Treasure Chambers lvl 11-20, GW/GG and fields over a certain level.
    With regards to the costs, the limits scale with how many bonuses you have acquired. While they cap at a million/day that's pretty late in the server (mostly it means that rather than npcing your cap you donate it). The amount required by the daily quests scales based on how many villages you have. So larger players are expected to contribute more. On the ts19 ROA we only actually finished all the levels of one bonus, we came close on a second (would have gotten it if we had ignored philosophy from the beginning). So I'm not sure any additional bonus are actually needed if we can't cap the ones we have. I also don't think spending resources on a bonus to reduce costs would make sense (spending a million resources/day to reduce the cost of a 3 million resource building doesn't work out).

    Quote Originally Posted by kichel View Post
    I think one of the best things about ROA is the sharing of artifacts. Giving more players power rather than putting it in the hands of a few. Alliance Bonuses could level the playing field a little, you could have the recruitment and metallurgy, get rid of commerce and add a troop speed bonus.
    I do like how ROA makes artifacts an alliance bonus rather than an individual bonus. I've seen countless incidents of drama over the years from someone who felt they owned an artifact and wasn't interested in sharing with the alliance.
    I do like the commerce bonus in ROA, though it's certainly less needed on a regular server where people build clusters rather than spreading their account over half the map.
    Last edited by Tineren; 04-03-2017 at 08:51 PM.

    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

  9. #9

    Default

    I am all for adding both the Defence system and the ROA features. I think bringing in some fresh features would keep current players interested and possibly bring back players who have left.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fetz86 View Post
    Stats that show both the old and modified defense system, recognizes the anvils for their efforts but you still know who is getting attacked.
    With regards to the D system... I too would still like to be able to see who is getting attacked, along who is responsible for providing the defense.

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBlade View Post
    1. Multi-Wing Alliances - Funding the resources for bonuses across two alliances or more becomes expensive. There are only so many top raiders and/or top pop players with lots of resources to spare. I would be interested in seeing the donation system as you called it work across confed lines. In order to keep balance total cost would increase compared to funding for a single alliance but have some level of savings over doing it for two alliances seperately.
    I have not played ROA but have only read/heard things... these are just my initial thoughts after reading whats been posted.

    I think this is key to the implementation of the ROA features. For reasons BlackBlade mentioned as well as others. I could see smaller players being taken advantage of, or a smaller wing being taken advantage of.

    In the end its up to the alliance to recruit strong players to build these bonuses but I feel like in most cases the "second wing" of an alliance has fewer top raiders and would have a more difficult time building these bonuses. I think it would be interesting to consider allowing two wings of an alliance to join together officially and pay a larger/double the amount of resources for the bonus to spread among all of the players in both wings. It would be a shame to have a larger wing milk a smaller wing to feed their bonus or have this system implemented and then manipulated to benefit larger and more active players.

  10. #10
    Villager BlackBlade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CM M.Hudson View Post
    For Information. HQ Game Center will only let me discuss specific topics from the april fools announcment but it may help to understand the RoA mechanics

    [B]Alliance Bonuses

    Players have the ability to contribute resources to the alliance to gain certain bonuses, like greater CP production, faster troop production, weapon and armor bonuses as well as a bonus on merchant capacity.
    The amount of resources a player can donate is limited and resets on a daily basis. The player can spend Gold to triple the size of their donation while paying the same amount of resources. The daily limit the player has cannot be increased by spending Gold.
    [/URL]
    It is disappointing that they would want to limit the dicussion but at the same time understandable. I appreciate the clarification as I haven't had the opportunity to play a ROA server having just recently returned to Travian. I tried digging up info but I never found a comphrensive posting and the fact you had to provide 4 links shows how disjointed it is. I think it would be beneficial if those at HQ could add ROA specific details to the Travian answers site.

    The idea of using gold to increase the bonus sent in is a bit distasful but conversations about gold are can quickly leave the scope of discussion. But I get that the company wants to make money and increasing the number of things to spend gold on is a way to do that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    With regards to the costs, the limits scale with how many bonuses you have acquired. While they cap at a million/day that's pretty late in the server (mostly it means that rather than npcing your cap you donate it). The amount required by the daily quests scales based on how many villages you have. So larger players are expected to contribute more. On the ts19 ROA we only actually finished all the levels of one bonus, we came close on a second (would have gotten it if we had ignored philosophy from the beginning). So I'm not sure any additional bonus are actually needed if we can't cap the ones we have. I also don't think spending resources on a bonus to reduce costs would make sense (spending a million resources/day to reduce the cost of a 3 million resource building doesn't work out).

    I do like how ROA makes artifacts an alliance bonus rather than an individual bonus. I've seen countless incidents of drama over the years from someone who felt they owned an artifact and wasn't interested in sharing with the alliance.
    I do like the commerce bonus in ROA, though it's certainly less needed on a regular server where people build clusters rather than spreading their account over half the map.
    Interesting bit about the scaling, like I said above I haven't played ROA yet so I'm operating on a mix of assumptions, second hand accounts and some primary sources. I had not seen anything about the daily quest so that is an interesting tid bit, it provides some additional incentive to actually contribute.

    The fact that on a ROA you only completed 1 leads me to think serious restructuring of costs would be necessary. I personally think that top tier alliances (if this was circa 2008 I'd say top 10 but since its 2017 Travian player numbers this probably means top 4ish) should be able to reach them all relatively comfortably by end game.

    Regarding more bonuses I definitely agree about the capping issue. But if they were reforumulated I think it is something to explore. On the matter of a building bonus the thought is specifically geared towards lvl 20 Treasure Chambers. I think the current method of having to knock them down etc. to transfer among alliance mates is a broken game mechanism and a reduction in rebuild costs would go towards fixing it. I mean in the last month of us2 I've seen 4 seperate push requests for lvl 20 chambers and I know there have been more in the other wing. I would of course much prefer a more in depth fix but I figured I'd throw something out there. It would seem though that additional bonuses and fixes seem to be beyond the scope of what is "open" to discussion.

    Quote Originally Posted by kichel View Post
    I think one of the best things about ROA is the sharing of artifacts. Giving more players power rather than putting it in the hands of a few. Alliance Bonuses could level the playing field a little, you could have the recruitment and metallurgy, get rid of commerce and add a troop speed bonus.
    I'm also of the mind that Artifacts need a revamp and creating a mix of player & alliance artis would be beneficial. Of course this is also beyond the scope of the discussion. I'm hoping to start a thread or two in the suggestions etc. area soon regarding some of these issues.

    I think commerce is important, particularly for Anvils who have to feed troops at villages all across the map. The bonus helps keep more merchants home for inter-account transfers.

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBlade View Post
    The idea of using gold to increase the bonus sent in is a bit distasful but conversations about gold are can quickly leave the scope of discussion. But I get that the company wants to make money and increasing the number of things to spend gold on is a way to do that.
    The gold usage on donations isn't as bad as you might think. For example, lets say the max a player can donate in a day is 30,000 resources. Using gold will contribute three times as much, but you cannot pass the max. This means instead of spending 30,000 resources per day, you spend 10,000 resources and 3 gold. You still cannot break the max donation per day. Basically, you save a bit on resources by spending gold instead. It definitely doesn't create nearly as big of a gap between gold and non-gold users as much as other features (I'm looking at you, auction house ).

    Quote Originally Posted by kichel View Post
    I think one of the best things about ROA is the sharing of artifacts. Giving more players power rather than putting it in the hands of a few. Alliance Bonuses could level the playing field a little, you could have the recruitment and metallurgy, get rid of commerce and add a troop speed bonus.
    I was really on and off about artifacts being shared among the alliance. It started with the Ancient Europe special server, where one person could control the artifact village and choose to either activate it for victory points for the alliance or activate it for it's artifact effect for everyone in the alliance to use. I do prefer the Scattered Empires/Rise of Alliances method of sharing, as the use of the artifact isn't based on when one specific player is logged on. However, with everyone in an alliance having access to tons of artifacts, it drastically changes how to deal with people. Everyone has tougher buildings, everyone has tougher scouts, everyone can see the types of troops incoming, etc. It's nice to be able to get those power, and share them; but they no longer become special when everyone has them.

    If artifact sharing were to continue to be a thing, I think there's two different ways to approach it. Option one would be to reduce the number of total artifacts. Not only would that cause alliances to fight over them more, it also means there's less of a chance for every alliance to have every effect. Option two is to change a few of the major artifacts from account-wide to alliance-wide, but leave their power to their reduced state (as opposed to being as powerful as single-village/unique artifacts). This again achieves the goals of alliances fighting over them and not everyone having all of the powers.


    To jump back on topic a bit more: alliance bonuses. I like them, I think they're nice. They introduce more ways for players to help out the group instead of playing individually. It also nerfs wings slightly, as you can't share the bonuses between wings. I'm actually in favor of that. I prefer to see lots of alliances going at it; instead of two or three, each with four or more wings. But eh, maybe that's just me.

    A few suggestions though. First, there needs to be some way to increase the speed of travel. Whether a new bonus gets added which increases troop and merchant speed, or troop speed gets added to recruitment and merchant speed gets added to commerce. Either works, but I feel like movement speed needs to be a thing. It probably won't matter as much in normal servers. But on a server like RoA, where everyone is completely spread out, troop and merchant movement is vital.

    Second, Philosophy and Commerce suck. The bonuses are not enough to make either of them worth it. They need buffed.


    Oh, and I agree with what people have said on point calculation. If there was a way to give defense points to the owners of defense troops, while still show which players are being attacked, that would be great. If not, then points to the owners of defense troops is preferred.

    SMod Comment: The colour orange is reserved for Moderator use only. Please refrain from posting in the colour to avoid confusion.
    Last edited by SMOD polkadot; 04-09-2017 at 03:40 AM. Reason: The colour orange reserved for Moderator use only.

  12. #12

    Default

    I'd also like commerce for feeding a wonder. Which of course brings up the fact that there is no wonder to feed on ROA and that's where a lot of endgame resources go on regular servers. The flip side is there are only -30 active players in our alliance now. We locked in the win a while ago and are just coasting for the finish line that's five days away now. So a full, active alliance would certainly have a better shot at finishing them.
    And to further clarify, when I say we only have one bonus done, that's one at level 5. We also have two level 4s and a level 3. So overall we have 80% of the possible bonuses active.
    Last edited by Tineren; 04-04-2017 at 04:10 AM.

    S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBlade View Post
    It is disappointing that they would want to limit the dicussion but at the same time understandable. I appreciate the clarification as I haven't had the opportunity to play a ROA server having just recently returned to Travian. I tried digging up info but I never found a comphrensive posting and the fact you had to provide 4 links shows how disjointed it is. I think it would be beneficial if those at HQ could add ROA specific details to the Travian answers site.
    I have already requested a single place for RoA and special server information. We are now awaiting a decision on where that place should be and what information is needed to be displayed.

  14. #14

    Default

    Your feedback has been sent to HQ

  15. #15

    Default

    From the Game Center

    Dear players!

    Thank you for all the feedback, both negative and positive. We appreciate the fact that you are really interested in the new announced features and we’re sorry for not revealing a joke right now, but we promise – in the end you won’t be disappointed. We can’t go into details, but pretty soon we’ll announce more facts which we hope will be welcomed by all the Travian community.
    What is really important to us is your feedback on every single one of those upcoming plans. Because we want to highlight – it’s actually in YOUR power to define, which one out of the 7 posts will stay as a joke, and which will come true. And this was the main idea behind that post.

    Your Travian: Legends team

  16. #16

    Default

    Dear community,
    We want to thank you deeply for participating in the poll about the Defense Point System and Alliance Donation System. Many of you participate into the poll and expressed their vote and we are glad that you did. We have reviewed all votes and comments worldwide and we want to share the results of it with you. As you can see from the graphs below, both options are welcomed by the international community and therefore they will be added to regular worlds (though not at once).
    RoA_Poll.jpg

    What will happen now?
    The Game Center is checking the plan for the new server opening and they will prepare an official statement with the date from when these 2 features will be implemented on the future regular servers (not on the already running servers).
    More information coming soon. Thank you once again!
    Your Travian Team

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •