Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Now what?

Default Now what?

3 way war? Split what's left of us in half and have a 2 way war? Sim till the end? Build the WW with help from anyone who wants to support it? Break confeds and have a free for all?
    Last edited by Pile of Pandas; 04-04-2017 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pile of Pandas View Post
    GONE leadership has just about all deleted, despite our in game poll results saying most wanted to stay and continue the fight.
    Before I get pleasant and constructive I just want to say this is the most sorry, dishonest and pathetic thing ever. It's ok to cut your losses ("hey I'm doing more harm than good" or "I'm tired") but to insist people buy gold, play hard, not delete, hold a poll, vote to stay and then bail on them? Truly truly pathetic. I've insisted since day one that GONE leadership never cared about their players and this proves it. I might have a polarizing personality but I have never done this. I embarrassed my self US2R3 but I stuck in there until the end swinging to protect my friends and those I took responsibility for.

I'm not disappearing, but I'm not sure what we should do with what's left of the round.
    I brought up your idea for a multi quad war but some people were not terribly excited about the idea of KCCO vs BTDT. It may be possible to restructure though. Your wing pairs up with TS and RD while we continue to hammer Nich`s wing. We loosen up and make this more of a training mission if that's what people want. Failing that my goal is to keep swinging until every GONE account is zeroed, deleted or crop locked.

You guys basically have two options:

1). Since your leadership has defined a "win" as "building a WW to 100" you can still go for the win. Obviously it's going to be way harder now than it was a month ago, and honestly it might not even be logistically possible. I'd have to spend more time and attention/energy than I have to really crunch the numbers to figure out if it is or not, and any figure I'd come up with would be contingent on you guys not getting any more of your villages croplocked.

2). You can basically say "screw it" and do as much damage to Tik Tok/BTDT as you can before the Natars take the server (by your leadership's definition, a non-win in total) in late July. This could potentially fit in with LB's training idea but you'd definitely have to get other people on your side. TS would be a bare minimum. I'd also say THC as they have some talent but some of your lower-functioning members have managed to alienate them too.

Both options are equally viable IMO in terms of rallying what you have left. Building a WW really isn't all that hard in terms of raw resources and time. It's the defensive troops that would be the success or failure. The third option, I suppose, would be to continue deleting and going inactive and basically dink around playing an expensive version of Sim City while just waiting around to get zeroed.

I'm going to say the same thing I said in our chat a week or so ago. If I were GONE leadership I'd assign 5 accounts as major hammers. All they are to do is sim/raid up hammers. Once they get to 30k or so offensive troops, start planning giant ops with tons of fakes mixed with reals aimed at known BTDT capitals and hammer villages. Do your damndest to zero or possibly chief such villages (keeping in mind that you guys suck at chiefing anything, really). This could make a WW win still possible if you managed to succeed in getting rid of enough BTDT hammers. Problem is that becomes less and less of a real option on a daily basis, partly because of trainer artis, partly because we are now "officially" <16 weeks before the Natars take the server.

The rest of the accounts would sim defensive troops and stash them in the WW village plus hammer and hammer storage villages.

If I were in GONE I would also encourage Luis to delete on s1 and never touch a leadership role ever again. He's damaged too many relationships in his alliance and outside of it to have a viable presence on s1 and his continued existence only encourages BTDT et al to keep playing the game wholeheartedly.

To be fair to the guy... He has a lot of drive/energy/eagerness to get stuff done in the game. The only problem is that he's terrible at it. He's failed, I think 6 servers not including this one and keeps doing unbelievably stupid things in-game as of ~24 hours ago. He needs to accept, or be forced to accept, that his talent at Travian and leadership is grossly exaggerated (usually by him, but also by the very few sycophants he has left) and needs to have the humility and graciousness to, first, STFU completely, and second, gain the experience of being a follower and become a good follower before assuming a leadership role. Period. In the real world no-one is given leadership roles simply on the basis that they're academically intelligent. Travian is no exception. The only reason he's been given such roles now and in the past is because he's found people desperate enough to follow anyone that sounds reasonably intelligent.
    Last edited by Lurk; 04-03-2017 at 05:11 PM.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

[7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

I'm only that guy, but it seems to me that this would have been a better IGM/Skype message to Nich than a post on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    I'm only that guy, but it seems to me that this would have been a better IGM/Skype message to Nich than a post on the forum.
    Umm...

Quote Originally Posted by Pile of Pandas
    From Nich's wing, I'm getting silence.

PoP specified that he tried that.

I'd be go for interesting wars . Only if people tell me what I should have done in my defense after they nom me though

I either get ignored or told that it's over and done with.

You're not even that guy, you're just a whiner.

Edit: Also, PoP, I mentioned in our skype chat that if GONE does delete we might have to split BTDT in 2 and fight each other. We could have captains and a draft and then battle it out, last team standing wins.
    Last edited by mbstokem; 04-03-2017 at 11:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

There are people who appoint themselves leaders because they desire status. They are there to collect the credit when things go well and long for thank yous and praise that comes with it. They rarely work hard and when there's no praise they bail.

Then there are people who step up when needed. They make the tough calls, the hard decisions, and they accept the blame when things go bad. Yet they work to make things better.

PoP is clearly the later. She's trying unlike those who won't even respond.

Really? I'd be interested to see a Skype log showing that you contacted Nich and were ignored. I know that this forum is nothing more than a bash Gone and Luisss echo chamber, but Nich has done nothing more than try his very best for his team this entire round. Nich doesn't deserve this.

You're not even that guy, you're just a whiner.
    And you're a simpleton that adds zero value.

Stop projecting. What have you done this server, in game or out? Other than ***** and moan?

I know that this forum is nothing more than a bash Gone and Luisss echo chamber,
    I'm not sure you understand what an echo chamber is.

Luisss bashing exists because he really has no redeeming quality.

GONE bashing does not exist in the way you perceive it. If we post a battle report of a cap getting zeroed that is fact. I've also praised those who have accomplished things.

On a side note this video reminds me of this server and this conversation. DA is the boy. POP Is the girl. I of course am Vader.

Stop projecting. What have you done this server, in game or out? Other than ***** and moan?
    What have you done? Follow me around like a psycho ex-girlfriend on the forum calling me a whiner? Great work.

I sent over 100k praets to the WW less than 4 weeks after having my hammer chiefed, and did that without a trainer artifact.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    I'm not sure you understand what an echo chamber is.
    Must be lost on me the same way that class and morality is lost on you.

Must be lost on me the same way that class and morality is lost on you.
    All I hear from you is "pew! pew! Argh!"

What have you done? Follow me around like a psycho ex-girlfriend on the forum calling me a whiner? Great work.

I sent over 100k praets to the WW less than 4 weeks after having my hammer chiefed, and did that without a trainer artifact.
    I've hardly followed you around. I just call'em like I see'em. Don't want to be called a shiner? Don't #whine

The WW that got 0'd by us and your own team?

All I hear from you is "pew! pew! Argh!"
    lol..!!

I sent over 100k praets to the WW ....... after having my hammer chiefed.
    lol, and by not even 3 of our biggest hammers..

Even IF Tik Tok had not been on the server, people like Luisss and DA would have been crying once the real hammers had shown themselves, because we used gold and other alliances attacked them, and we just had too many vets on our side....bla bla bla..

The bottom line.. We came here to wreck stuffs, and we did.. We accomplished our "win" much earlier than we thought we would..
    /end..
    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

That's cute. I do two or three times that with out effort

Quote Originally Posted by odinloki View Post
    Even IF Tik Tok had not been on the server, people like Luisss and DA
    Luisss and DevilAnse vs Lord Bane... Lulus face... "I sense... BANE!"

Really? I'd be interested to see a Skype log showing that you contacted Nich and were ignored. I know that this forum is nothing more than a bash Gone and Luisss echo chamber, but Nich has done nothing more than try his very best for his team this entire round. Nich doesn't deserve this.

DA, I've PMd you on skype

Irrelevant. The question was what had I done.

The answer is nothing. You're best anvil attempt is half of what my hammers do. You've been irrelevant in game and on the forums. Bow Before Pile of Pandas, accept her as your new leader and follow her into glorious war against the rest of us. Only then can you be redeemed for your noobish ways.

Nich, after rereading through logs and threads, I want to apologize to you. As I told DA last night, you have done way more for the alliance than anyone else. I've painted you in a bad light and I've held you responsible in my mind for things out of your control. I will also be PMing you.

I never wanted to be a leader. I stayed out of politics the first half of the server to avoid it, but when things started spiraling out of control, I felt I needed to help. I didn't know it was never run past you. It should have been. Please know I was only attempting to help.

I felt I needed to help.
    That's what leaders do. They rise to the occasion.

Nich, DA and IB vs the server and saved by PoP (Ahsoka)...

That's what leaders do. They rise to the occasion.
    True. But leaders don't publicly flame other leaders, especially when it's emotionally driven and undeserved. Nich has been a good friend to me this entire round and he didn't deserve what I've said both here and in PMs. I took anger and misdirected it at him.

EDIT:I'm also going to let myself be completely vulnerable here. The last 2 weeks have been some of the roughest in my life and it also fueled my reaction yesterday. The one year anniversary of my mom's death is coming up along with the 1 year anniversary of the death of my youngest child. We've moved to a new house 3 days ago which is stressful and I had a falling out with my dad. I'm not coping with life very well. I plan to stay quiet and step back until I'm more stable. If you think I've been nuts here, you should see me in real life...
    Last edited by Pile of Pandas; 04-04-2017 at 04:09 PM.

Grind through to the end. We knew this would drag on when the poll results came in early server. The Natar win round was the longest ever, so much so it affected our game the next round. People were burned out.

Afterwards, may do some navel gazing and consider if Natar win is really a challenging goal anymore. Look for new challenges, maybe find them, maybe just go ridin'.

True. But leaders don't publicly flame other leaders
    It's ok. Meherrin and I bump heads publicly. I don't think any less of you. I hope you watch Star Wars cartoons with your kids. So many of these are spot on analogies. The posts I made earlier likening you to Ahsoka Tano seem even more relevant with this video....

Keep your chin up.

Edit:
    If you think I've been nuts here, you should see me in real life...
    You edited while I posted. Travian drama, in game drama, forum drama, and Skype drama is not what you need right now. I'm sorry for your struggles. Real life comes first. Step back. Breath. If you need to talk (TiK ToK style not Lord Bane style) you know where to find me.
    Last edited by Lord Bane; 04-04-2017 at 04:24 PM.

But you said it as if it was an accomplishment. You lost your hammer without ever doing anything relevant with it, then you built an anvil and lost your WW TWICE, once to your own team, making that irrelevant as well. You've pretty much spent this entire server donating money to travian and that's about it. I mean, I'm an anvil account and my "hammer" has done more damage than yours.

EDIT:I'm also going to let myself be completely vulnerable here. The last 2 weeks have been some of the roughest in my life and it also fueled my reaction yesterday. The one year anniversary of my mom's death is coming up along with the 1 year anniversary of the death of my youngest child. We've moved to a new house 3 days ago which is stressful and I had a falling out with my dad. I'm not coping with life very well. I plan to stay quiet and step back until I'm more stable. If you think I've been nuts here, you should see me in real life...
    I'm sorry to hear that you are dealing with all of this in real life while struggling with Travian drama here. FWIW, you seem to be coping much better than I do at times when things go splat in my life.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

It's ok. Meherrin and I bump heads publicly.
    Careful. BTDT kills what Meherrin points at.

P.S. Good luck Panda

Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    Careful. BTDT kills what Meherrin points at.
    Oh I remember...

Quote Originally Posted by odinloki View Post
    Don't mention names, i'd hate to see people get booted for joking around..

Kimmie? Is that you?
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

[7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    Kimmie? Is that you?

I have a feeling I should be glad I never met Kimmie

I have a feeling I should be glad I never met Kimmie
    Neither have I. Her reputation proceeds her though and my understanding is she's basically Luisss just with more estrogen.

The answer is nothing.
    Yeah, because you did a lot this round until your coming out party. I'm still waiting for a BR of any op that you personally led or were involved with as a member of GONE and OC. You saying that I've done nothing is laughable.

I mean, I'm an anvil account and my "hammer" has done more damage than yours.
    What did you do with your hammer? Kill animals all round? Impressive stuff.

There's so much depth to that one post.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse
    I'm still waiting for a BR of any op that you personally led or were involved with as a member of GONE and OC.
    Two parts:
    • If I was useless why was I left in charge so long?
    • If I never led any op as OC that's a testament to my ethics. I could have sabotaged you all but I didn't.

GONE`s failure and Bane the Merciful. Final part...

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse
    Yeah, because you did a lot this round until your coming out party.
    • Another testament to my greatness. I achieved more in a week than you did all round and more in a month than you have in several servers I suspect.

What did you do with your hammer? Kill animals all round? Impressive stuff.
    There are plenty of BRs posted around here. I mean I did make Cyrax quit by taking his fool arty and chiefing 2 of his villages. I just killed off Vukdu's spears, but sure, animals.

There are plenty of BRs posted around here. I mean I did make Cyrax quit by taking his fool arty and chiefing 2 of his villages. I just killed off Vukdu's spears, but sure, animals.
    I kilt his hammer, too -- hence our def medal.

I think we also smashed a hammer on Snett early game, and smashed one on one of GONE's GG/GW arties at some point, too.

But also, you can offrank us to see that we kilt more than he did.

I'm not saying it's a contest -- I'm just saying we're winning.

If I was useless why was I left in charge so long?
    I don't know. It surely wasn't because I wasn't complaining to others about your incompetence or unwillingness to run ops.

You're just proof that I should always listen to my gut, because my gut told me that I should have dropped tag and blasted you off of the server. And unlike the BTDT guys on here, you actually know that I had the numbers to do it.

my gut told me that I should have dropped tag and blasted you off of the server.
    I can't really be called a traitor when you are advocating for blasting me off a server and leadership is advocating join or die now can I? You've offered me redemption in that this was all self defense.