Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 92

Thread: Now what?

  1. #41
    Consul The Burninator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Great Garden State
    Posts
    8,789

    Default

    When I read DA's posts, I'm reminded of which kinds of dogs bark the loudest.

    Hint: it isn't the big ones.

  2. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    I don't know. It surely wasn't because I wasn't complaining to others about your incompetence or unwillingness to run ops.

    You're just proof that I should always listen to my gut, because my gut told me that I should have dropped tag and blasted you off of the server. And unlike the BTDT guys on here, you actually know that I had the numbers to do it.
    Lot of good those numbers did you, huh?
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

  3. #43

    Default

    You're a savage mbstokem! LOL I love it!

    DAs a lot of big talk for a guy hiding in the boonies

  4. #44
    Consul The Burninator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Great Garden State
    Posts
    8,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    You're a savage mbstokem! LOL I love it!

    DAs a lot of big talk for a guy hiding in the boonies
    I've said it once and I'll say it again -- the banter coming out on here is real. I half believe that the hatred directed towards LB is because you broke the code -- not only did you talk a big game, you actually did something about it.

    Like sheesh, if we needed proof that DA's hammer was laughable, we'd probs find it in the difference between his tone here and the complete and total lack of incomings in our villas -- even the ones we took from his teammates.

  5. #45

    Default

    My hammers were laughable.

    They were still too much for TRA or GONE.

  6. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    I've said it once and I'll say it again -- the banter coming out on here is real. I half believe that the hatred directed towards LB is because you broke the code -- not only did you talk a big game, you actually did something about it.
    Thank you. I've never made a threat that I couldn't back up.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    Like sheesh, if we needed proof that DA's hammer was laughable, we'd probs find it in the difference between his tone here and the complete and total lack of incomings in our villas -- even the ones we took from his teammates.
    This is an epic burn! We'll done Burninator!

    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    My hammers were laughable.

    They were still too much for TRA or GONE.
    My 2k hammers were too much for GONE.

  7. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    My 2k hammers were too much for GONE.
    Only against GONE could I be an EGH.

    Shouldn't make fun of little bitty armies, unless you can stop them.

    EDIT: We were still on 16s for chrissakes.

  8. #48

    Default

    I'm on 17s. I had expected to take heavy damage early and never bothered to upgrade. 17s with a 25:1 troop to pop while GONE had 20s with a 1:1. I don't know where all those resources were going... pop?

  9. #49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    Lot of good those numbers did you, huh?
    I can't argue with this. It's a shame too, because I could have seriously wrecked some stuff and with a little bit of luck perhaps could have tilted the scales to our side.

  10. #50

    Default

    DA I genuinely believe the scales were tipped in your favor in the beginning. Lessons learned. Once we get closer to the end I'll break down a few things for you guys that I hope will help next round.

  11. #51
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    DA I genuinely believe the scales were tipped in your favor in the beginning. Lessons learned. Once we get closer to the end I'll break down a few things for you guys that I hope will help next round.
    I for one am excited for this, given that you were on the inside. I have always viewed the december 5th splat I coordinated as a major turning point of the server against our chances of success.

    Also, The World and other top 20 accounts randomly deleting right around artifacts among other things.
    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

  12. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    I for one am excited for this, given that you were on the inside. I have always viewed the december 5th splat I coordinated as a major turning point of the server against our chances of success.

    Also, The World and other top 20 accounts randomly deleting right around artifacts among other things.
    I think your teams biggest problem with your team was you switched to defense once we started swinging back and coasted and a lot of your players got bored and lazy. As an anvil I shouldn't be having as much success chiefing and hitting pockets of defense with little to no retaliation. Plus the majority of your team quit when LB unveiled his plan and your WW got knocked. I don't think I've ever seen an organized group, especially being the ONLY WW contender quit after being knocked down once. Like did you guys just expect to coast to 100 without ever being setback?
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

  13. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    I think your teams biggest problem with your team was you switched to defense once we started swinging back
    DevilAnse. He got his hammer chiefed and switched to defense. He has since complained for months about how he could have killed us all and what might have been
    • Why didn't he rebuild?
    • Why didn't he have multiple hammers?
    • Is an anvil out by 200|200ish really that useful?

  14. #54
    Consul Luisss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    10,985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    I think your teams biggest problem with your team was you switched to defense once we started swinging back and coasted and a lot of your players got bored and lazy. As an anvil I shouldn't be having as much success chiefing and hitting pockets of defense with little to no retaliation. Plus the majority of your team quit when LB unveiled his plan and your WW got knocked. I don't think I've ever seen an organized group, especially being the ONLY WW contender quit after being knocked down once. Like did you guys just expect to coast to 100 without ever being setback?
    Speaking for myself, I told everyone to expect us to get knocked down at least 2 times. I said "we're going to get zeroed at least two times, but we have time to rebuild from 0-100 at least 3 times. We have to outlast them." The bigger hit to the morale was the Tik Tok situation.

    But yes, the focus on switching to defense was misguided and not having the forces necessary to retaliate (to save hammers for the WW clear as well as plans) was also a big reason for people losing morale, wanting to delete, and otherwise being not as involved.
    "Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

  15. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    DevilAnse. He got his hammer chiefed and switched to defense. He has since complained for months about how he could have killed us all and what might have been
    • Why didn't he rebuild?
    • Why didn't he have multiple hammers?
    • Is an anvil out by 200|200ish really that useful?
    1) I didn't rebuild primarily because of time restraints and priorities. While I'm way more experienced and enjoy playing as a hammer because of personal preference, I felt at the time that the best use of my account was to build D for the WW.

    2) I made multiple mistakes this round. Concentrating on only one hammer was one of them.

    3) The primary purpose of my anvil was to protect the WW. While it made travel times a little longer, I was still effective at doing so. Being as far out in the boonies as I was has been terrible, but I've already explained why I made that decision.

  16. #56

    Default

    TBH I think another thing (apart from moral) was the WW area not being developed nearly enough. Also WW def was pretty light, part of the last issue.
    I've probably played 30 servers at this point

    US1 Honeybadger - http://travian-reports.net/us/report/46781746d83
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/49535643339

    I blame blazin1 for any actions that may occur during the course of any server

  17. #57
    Artisan Pile of Pandas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in the pile
    Posts
    617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teutons View Post
    TBH I think another thing (apart from moral) was the WW area not being developed nearly enough. Also WW def was pretty light, part of the last issue.
    QFT

    And those who were getting zeroed out in the NW, should have had their newly opened up slots and CPs redirected to the WW area.

  18. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    2) I made multiple mistakes this round. Concentrating on only one hammer was one of them.
    That's old school Travian common wisdom but I personally prefer to run four. The resources required to build four are the same as the resources required to build one with a GB / GS. I'll never have a 250k or greater monster but I'm ok with that. The goal is always four 100k + hammers.

  19. #59

    Default

    It's been how many years, and S2R3 is still being talked about?
    S3R2- Einar
    S2R3- WrlckThWckd
    S2R4- Wadsworth
    S5R4- Einar
    S5R5- Bob

  20. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Einar View Post
    It's been how many years, and S2R3 is still being talked about?
    A lot of old rounds get talked about
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

  21. #61

    Default

    US1R1 was mentioned some where recently. Round 1.

  22. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    A lot of old rounds get talked about
    I just found it amusing that after several years away, one of the first threads I read has a mention of such an old round.
    S3R2- Einar
    S2R3- WrlckThWckd
    S2R4- Wadsworth
    S5R4- Einar
    S5R5- Bob

  23. #63
    Artisan Pile of Pandas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Somewhere in the pile
    Posts
    617

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Einar View Post
    I just found it amusing that after several years away, one of the first threads I read has a mention of such an old round.


  24. #64

    Default

    Ah. Good times.
    What else should we talk about?

  25. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    Ah. Good times.
    What else should we talk about?
    How about an anvil chiefing Iron Banner's village and him trying to chief it back but failing because the fool arty I stole from gone switched to the cranny effect and then him messaging me telling me I needed to use multiple people to accomplish the goal.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

  26. #66
    Consul The Burninator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    The Great Garden State
    Posts
    8,789

    Default

    I called him Barbara. Was a fun time.

  27. #67

    Default

    So what you're telling me is that despite all that population he has little to no troops?

  28. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    So what you're telling me is that despite all that population he has little to no troops?
    You freed 1652 of your own units, however only 1240 could survive the release.

    Trappers give great cp/pop
    The power of Murdok......
    wow i love that Murdok guy he ain't even a Mh anymore but i am still scared he will ban me lol

    ... Reputation and respect are earned, not given, no matter how big your ban-stick may be. He ain't no Murdok.

  29. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Murdok View Post
    You freed 1652 of your own units, however only 1240 could survive the release.

    Trappers give great cp/pop
    I had similar, he has been hitting the village with 10k TTs, but that's about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

  30. #70
    Consul The Blazin1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murica... **** yeah
    Posts
    7,674

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    Neither have I. Her reputation proceeds her though and my understanding is she's basically Luisss just with more estrogen.
    More estrogen than luisss? Inconceivable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

    It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

  31. #71

    Default

    She's in BTDT. I don't think she's active, but still.

  32. #72

    Flossie Schmumpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I apparently exist
    Posts
    11,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    I for one am excited for this, given that you were on the inside. I have always viewed the december 5th splat I coordinated as a major turning point of the server against our chances of success.

    Also, The World and other top 20 accounts randomly deleting right around artifacts among other things.

    I was pleasantly surprised to get splats at both villages on December 5th, honestly I thought it was the beginning for some lovely dogfighting, too bad it did not pan out that way....for me the New Year's operation is what really told the tale of the server. I really wanted a much more active server.

    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    She's in BTDT. I don't think she's active, but still.
    She left the server, the account has a new owner. May I suggest we leave Kimmie out of any discussions she is not here to weigh in.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

    Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

  33. #73

    Default

    Meanwhile in game...


    It's kind of peaceful up here in orbit...

  34. #74
    Farmhand
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Teutons View Post
    TBH I think another thing (apart from moral) was the WW area not being developed nearly enough. Also WW def was pretty light, part of the last issue.

    That is it 30 servers man your wet behind the ears yet
    "Do not mess with the Best; You will die like the Rest"

  35. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    She left the server, the account has a new owner. May I suggest we leave Kimmie out of any discussions she is not here to weigh in.
    That's what I was saying, just in Texan.

  36. #76

    Flossie Schmumpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I apparently exist
    Posts
    11,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    That's what I was saying, just in Texan.
    Clearly my Texan is not up to snuff.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

    Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

  37. #77

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    May I suggest we leave Kimmie out of any discussions she is not here to weigh in..
    ....I see what you did there.. lol
    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

  38. #78

    Flossie Schmumpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I apparently exist
    Posts
    11,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by odinloki View Post
    ....I see what you did there.. lol
    Don't you go be causing no trouble now!
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

    Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

  39. #79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    Don't you go be causing no trouble now!
    Isn't that my middle name..?
    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

  40. #80

    Flossie Schmumpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    I apparently exist
    Posts
    11,138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by odinloki View Post
    Isn't that my middle name..?
    Yes.

    But hope springs eternal.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

    Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •