Thread: Tons of new features are coming Discussion Thread

Default Tons of new features are coming Discussion Thread

As you can see from our announcement: 2017 has a lot of surprises waiting for you. What do you think about our plans? Any comments, favorites? We would love to hear from you in this thread.

This is either a cruel April Fools joke or the worst announcement timing ever. Neither inspires confidence in me for the future of Travian.

Can't say anything excites me, though I probably should do a tournament sometime. Maybe this year?

A little curious about the new tribes.

And if you are introducing a way for anvils to receive some credit for defending, that might be interesting.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

Default Really

It sounds OK but as long as you don't do something about the multies and the use of bots, it is all the same as we have now...

The idea for the new tribes is intriguing. I hope I can expect something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

It cannot come fast enough CM

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBlade View Post
    This is either a cruel April Fools joke or the worst announcement timing ever.
    That's pretty much my reaction. You can't believe any announcements on April 1st, but why would you prank with stuff like anvils getting credit for kills?

That said, if alliance bonuses really are going to all servers, please revamp the philosophy bonus to actually be useful or remove it. A two percent bonus to culture points that doesn't apply to parties or quests is not enough to give anyone any extra villages.
    Last edited by Tineren; 04-01-2017 at 02:41 PM.

S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

April Fools!
    The power of Murdok......
    wow i love that Murdok guy he ain't even a Mh anymore but i am still scared he will ban me lol

... Reputation and respect are earned, not given, no matter how big your ban-stick may be. He ain't no Murdok.

As much as I want this to be true, I seriously doubt it is.

And if it's a joke, it is NOT funny.

ETA: That Hun pic...please let this not be a joke. Please tell me they are actually introducing Archers to the game.
    Last edited by Kerzi; 04-01-2017 at 03:56 PM.
    Leader of KoN (S5), TLDRDTX (S3), CIN and PaN (2016 tournie)
    NI!

Blaah, they got me with this one. I really thought for a moment that they will add new tribes.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeath View Post
    If anyone is looking for a preformed team to join up with please feel free to apply
    Quote Originally Posted by lethaljimmy View Post
    1. FwB was not a preformed team.
    Battle Reports:
    Finals 2016:
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/444870c3228
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/44487179c06

One of our today’s post is a fake. Which one?

It has to be the new tribe's. The existing ones are not balanced at all and if you add more tribes into that, then it's like pouring petrol on fire to shut it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Evil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Aw, you shouldn't have.
    Don't you have a hole to die in?

They have repeated over and over they would not add more tribes. That is obviously the fake post.

Quote Originally Posted by CM M.Hudson View Post
    Must be the new tribes, even though it would be such a refresher to the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeath View Post
    If anyone is looking for a preformed team to join up with please feel free to apply
    Quote Originally Posted by lethaljimmy View Post
    1. FwB was not a preformed team.
    Battle Reports:
    Finals 2016:
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/444870c3228
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/44487179c06

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    That's pretty much my reaction. You can't believe any announcements on April 1st, but why would you prank with stuff like anvils getting credit for kills?

That said, if alliance bonuses really are going to all servers, please revamp the philosophy bonus to actually be useful or remove it. A two percent bonus to culture points that doesn't apply to parties or quests is not enough to give anyone any extra villages.
    What Chuck said.

Please, God, let it be the new tribes post.
    Quote Originally Posted by LuxCal View Post
    You (should) never wear black socks with Bermuda shorts after Labor Day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritterbruder
    I came into these forums a happy go-lucky kid skipping down the street... But the flames have changed me. My once boyish charm has been replaced with contempt for poor posts and my smooth, silky face is scarred from many a propaganda war. The world is a dark place now, and I seek to bring light to this Hell.
    us3r4--Sigma(GOB)
    us3r2--Sigma(AFO)
    us3r3--Sigma(SI)
    us8--Sigma/Woe(TNT)
    "Strength and Honor!"

#1. They let their graphic artists play with the front page. Big deal. LOOOONNNG overdue, but really?
    #2. Same as above. (yawn)
    #3. I'll believe it when I see it. S3 last round was supposed to have some ROA features, like forwarding troops. After we started, we got, "Aw Gee, can't do it." #3 will be rinse and repeat.
    #4. (yawn.)
    #5. Blah blah blah. After this last tournament, they are going to have to do something to get people to do it again. I don't think this will be sufficient.
    #6. APRIL FOOLS!

Don't let the bow fool you on the Huns, TTs have had a worthless bow for years. TG won't let them have arrows to shoot.

Its a shame to see the best MMORPG game come to this. But more and more poeple are saying, "gee I took a break and I realy don't miss it at all." Sad.
    Last edited by Quelaana; 04-02-2017 at 01:32 AM.
    S1 R8 SIO - Win
    S4 R8 SIO - Win
    S3 R8 FWB - Win.

Obviously #6 is fake, but I hope its #3.

After the underwheming reaction they received for their "April Fools" they are embarrassed to make it official. Maybe the entire thread was a joke?
    S1 R8 SIO - Win
    S4 R8 SIO - Win
    S3 R8 FWB - Win.

So now that it appears at least some of this is real I figured giving some constructive feedback would be beneficial.

#1 - A responsive design is long overdue, and is necessary for any site to succeed with the growing use of phones/tablets to browse the internet. Making the game more accessible on mobile will only help player numbers. A responsive design if done correctly could meet the demands of players for an app but this can't be evaluated until it was implemented.

#2 - The forum is a bit dated and looks essentially the same as when I first started playing circa 2008. A facelift helps put the best foot forward. While old players migth not care, the impression given to new players (or potential players) is important.

#3 - I have not experienced ROA but I have heard about the alliance bonuses and D point distribution change. Both are things I thought should be brought into the "vanilla" Travian Legends server. From what I have seen/been told I do think the bonuses need some tweaking, I would also argue for some additional ones as well. Chuck made a good point about the Philosophy bonus needing to be higher and having parties included. I also don't know the resources needed to achieve each level of the bonuses but it has been implied as quite high. I would expect some adjustment for standard speed servers since ROA is both a boosted start and 2x speed. I would also be interested in a more developed in-game alliance system that allowed some sort of "sharing" between confeds or perhaps the creation of a new diplomatic connection to encompass such sharing that is above a confed. Perhaps a federation?

#4 - Travian needs more players so this can only help. How much remains to be seen.

#5 - I have heard the tournament is very popular, glad to see it is being continued. My only point of concern would be whether the tournament negatively impacts player numbers on regular servers.

#6 - While I think adding new tribes would help add variety and change game dynamics given the rhetoric of the developers over the years I think this is the least likely of the ideas listed. There is also some question of how to differentiate them from the existing tribes. Gual already have the fastest horses, would the Hun be faster still? Then you get into unit distribution (i.e # foot vs mounted troops), attack/defense levels. This would require a lot of work to get right. If this were to be real I find myself concerned that the chance of getting it wrong is high and the level of work needed could potentially be spent improving other things.

Overall if these are mostly true I think it is a step in the right direction. However I do think the changes are relatively limited, which may be the result of what happened with "version 5" aka Travian Kingdoms. Kingdoms was a radical departure that from I can see was not taken too well by the die-hards of Legends. I think listening to players is important but there is also the possibility of playing it too safe.

It would be really interesting if the fake update was one of the first 5 and two new tribes were actually put into the birthday server. Then they could make them UP. Most people would want to try them, and those handful of people who pick the current tribes would wreck the server. Everyone would talk about how the new tribes suck and they could respond with: "Oh, ok, people don't like new tribes. Guess we won't do that again." Then they could go back to the current three and further their reasoning for not putting new tribes in for future servers.

Almost sounds too meta.

What would be nice, though, is to have the forums not kick you off of your account every time you go for longer than two minutes without clicking a link. To have to re-login after being kicked every time you're reading multiple posts on a single page is really annoying.

LOL! All they have to do is chime in and say that the first post is fake. If post #1 is fake, then all subsequent posts are moot.

"#1 - Spring is the season of renewal, rebirth and change. With that in mind, we at Travian are happy to announce a lot of new features and changes across the board. Be it on our gaming servers, our forums or when it comes to Special Events – change is all around."

The first post is not fake that is why we are discussing it.

Your votes on the poll here will be aggregated with the other domains and if the community as a whole feel strongly about one part or the other then the game center is willing to change their plans.

I wanted to be honest with you and say which post out of the ​posts was fake but was over-ruled by the game center.

Your votes on the poll here will be aggregated with the other domains and if the community as a whole feel strongly about one part or the other then the game center is willing to change their plans.

I wanted to be honest with you and say which post out of the ​posts was fake but was over-ruled by the game center.
    Don't play with my feelings then.

I want a new tribe, broken programming be damned!!!!!!

That is because it was an awful idea to use it as an April fools joke. The paying membership has been asking for this for years and it has been discarded. To not own up to it is even worse. The servers are dwindeling and us players are starting to consolidate or quit.
    US1:
    R4 Poopydiapers Rebels and Grassy
    R6 Lethal Jimmy: Ethos http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2303146e4a1
    R7 Julius Pleaser
    US2: R6 Churchill Downs: Bacon (dual) http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2354796f9e4 The rebuild http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2354849ce46
    US3: R8 Evolution http://travian-reports.net/us/report/223457ba7b3
    US6: R4 Snowflake - GAH EGR (wish I had saved the report)
    US7: R3 Lethaljimmy - ACME (EGH should have saved these ones too)