Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mass Deletion? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    What war analogies would be appropriate then?
    I rather like the Germany one, in fact I rather like our very own "band of Brothers"..

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    To compare that to what you did isn't fair to him.
    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by odinloki View Post
    I rather like the Germany one, in fact I rather like our very own "band of Brothers"..
    Yeah we do...

I shouldn't have insulted Benedict Arnold like that.
    When this server finishes people will look back. Lord Bane may have been unnecessarily ruthless but he acted with in the rules. GONE cheated, had leadership banned, lied openly on the forums and failed as utterly and completely as any major power in the last five years. I'm ok with that.

I am troubled by the demonization of the opposition, they are not our enemy, they are our co-players, we need good opponents so we can play a good game. Can we stop this stupid petty tit for tat stuff. All it is doing is driving people out of the game. Would you all kindly see the bigger picture and take a page from rugby players...they play hard and beat each other up on the field and then go out for pizza and beer after the game.

tldr:
    Knock it off and stop being yayhoos!
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Well, since Nich apparently decided to self-implode his sandcastle I suppose that's all we really have to do. Smashy smashy and all that.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

[7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    I am troubled by the demonization of the opposition
    I don't see it as demonization.. In fact, being a fan of historical wars, I think the German army regardless of their leader, were one of the most accomplished armies in all history.. They were vastly superior to any one countries' military and yes it took the world uniting against their leader to bring the actual war machine down.. Demonizing, no.. Similarities in tactics and outcomes, yes..
    The fact is, this server was GONE's to lose..or win had they not had one specific leader in place..

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    ...they play hard and beat each other up on the field and then go out for pizza and beer after the game.
    Indeed, that is always the case, one servers' "enemy" is always another servers' friend.. Case in point, PoP and I are already dualing on another server that Kelsier asked me to help him on, and she is a stellar personality, I think we will get along perfectly fine, but on this server, im a meanie head and she's weak and lacks leadership..lol

Except for that Luisss guy, and Kimmie, they are every servers' enemy for me..lol
    Last edited by odinloki; 04-01-2017 at 07:34 PM.
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

Case in point, PoP and I are already dualing on another server that Kelsier asked me to help him on, and she is a stellar personality, I think we will get along perfectly fine, but on this server, im a meanie head and she's weak and lacks leadership..lol

l
    Now I really lack leadership. I wouldn't call me weak, though. This panda still has a few claws left tha haven't been ripped out

Quote Originally Posted by Pile of Pandas View Post
    Now I really lack leadership. I wouldn't call me weak, though. This panda still has a few claws left tha haven't been ripped out
    You're a bad ***. You've caused me more headaches than all of your team mates combined.

You're a bad ***. You've caused me more headaches than all of your team mates combined.
    It may end up being the entire server vs me and whizkid before long.

If it comes down to just you two I'll give you a hand and might even provide some back up. Oh what a glorious in game death.

Quote Originally Posted by Pile of Pandas View Post
    It may end up being the entire server vs me and whizkid before long.
    You would find yourself an invite into BTDT if that happens..

You would find yourself an invite into BTDT if that happens..
    LOL. This is a great way for her to gain credibility as a leader. Post on a public forum that she'd be more than welcome to team up with you guys.

LOL. This is a great way for her to gain credibility as a leader. Post on a public forum that she'd be more than welcome to team up with you guys.
    LOL. #whining
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

LOL. #whining
    Herp a derp.

This is because of your limited world view. GONE`s philosophy has been to disrespect it's opposition. This is why the server plays against you.

PoP on the hand is a better person and a better player. Despite cordial exchanges on the forum she plays hard in game has done more damage to my account than any of you punks. I respect that and BTDT/KCCO respects her.

GONE`s philosophy has been to disrespect it's opposition. This is why the server plays against you.
    This is the BS argument you really want to have? This is exactly why I call you a dishonest troll and exactly why I treat you as such.

GONE has been disrespected from the outset, mainly by you feeding that narrative here publicly the entire round. You seriously sat here and went back and forth with Luisss on here about every single thing, while at the same time sharing an alliance and leadership council with him. Did you ever address any of your problems or concerns or anything with him in leader chats, or did you just sit back silently like you did in our BG group chat and then run to your BTDT buddies with the intel?

Just face it....you're dishonest. It's your thing. Own it. I'd respect you a lot more if you just did admitted it, rather than taking the cowardice way of deflecting and finger-pointing.

When the council proposed using password access to sabotage Zac`s account I protested.

When Iron Banner bashed PoP in public and private I protested.

During my time in sodom and gomorrah I protested many things but one man can't independently redeem such a culture of debauchery.

Actually... now that I think of it I don't think I saw you protest any of those things. You didn't know anything about the password sharing but I never saw you speak up against anything else. I guess I was a better member of GONE than even it's loudest cheerleader.

LOL. This is a great way for her to gain credibility.
    She already has it, from the people who matter..

Post on a public forum that she'd be more than welcome to team up with you guys.
    Jealous..?

Herp a derp.
    That's what I thought..

You didn't know anything about the password sharing but I never saw you speak up against anything else. I guess I was a better member of GONE than even it's loudest cheerleader.
    That is a flat-out lie. There are many members of GONE including leadership that would tell you that I have spoken out on numerous occasions about things ranging from how people are talking to others to honesty.

If you didn't see it that's probably because you were too busy simming up your little mace hammers.

That is a flat-out lie.
    If you didn't see it
    If I didn't see it then I'm mistaken and not lying. C'mon man we've gone over this before. I'll accept your word on it so...

I have spoken out on numerous occasions about things ranging from how people are talking to others to honesty.
    Thank you for taking a stand against the culture bullying, lying and cheating.

that's probably because you were too busy simming up your little mace hammers.
    You have to admit they were pretty epic. I understand it stings right now but who would have thought twenty 2-3k hammers could be so bad ***?

I understand it stings right now but who would have thought twenty 2-3k hammers could be so bad ***?
    The biggest sting to me was that you didn't attempt a single real attack on me.

The biggest sting to me was that you didn't attempt a single real attack on me.

That is a flat-out lie. There are many members of GONE including leadership that would tell you that I have spoken out on numerous occasions about things ranging from how people are talking to others to honesty.
    Weren't you the one that said you didn't care what people thought about what you said? That if someone had a problem with what you were saying that you'd only "consider" it but it was ultimately up to you if you gave a damn what they thought? Why you always lyinnnn?

Why you always lyinnnn?
    GONE 101. Lie. Lie. Lie and lie some more.

Weren't you the one that said you didn't care what people thought about what you said? That if someone had a problem with what you were saying that you'd only "consider" it but it was ultimately up to you if you gave a damn what they thought? Why you always lyinnnn?
    Yes, I'm the one that said that. That was when you questioned the size of my hammer. I didn't care nor do I still care if you think I was being honest about it.

What's your point?

DA reacting all like

Stokem do you think if we troll this dude long enough, he'll ever actually do something in game?
    "The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice... It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, and the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one. No matter the blood. No matter the skin. No matter the world. No matter the star. We are one. No matter the pain. No matter the darkness. No matter the loss. No matter the fear. We are one. Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognise this singular truth and this singular rule: that we must be kind to one another. Because, each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future. We are one." ~G'kar

A live look at DevilAnse in game.

Yes, I'm the one that said that. That was when you questioned the size of my hammer. I didn't care nor do I still care if you think I was being honest about it.

What's your point?
    Nope, you said it when VM brought up the point that people were complaining about jokes being made in your skype chats and you said you didn't care what they thought, so you know, I'm sure you protested things people said and blahblahblah and your hammer was just sooooooo big.

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    Stokem do you think if we troll this dude long enough, he'll ever actually do something in game?
    No.

He bluntly said in their Skype that he comes here just to anger people. He's capable of but unwilling to have a better conversation. This is his only outlet to teach us a lesson.

He bluntly said in their Skype that he comes here just to anger people. He's capable of but unwilling to have a better conversation. This is his only outlet to teach us a lesson.
    Not sure what lesson he's trying to teach. Whining 101? Or maybe what not to do with your hammer 201?

When Iron Banner bashed PoP in public and private I protested.
    Which I appreciated by the way.

The first part here is true. People on here for the most part troll and flame, and this forum is nothing but Pravda for BTDT. I don't see serious dialogue taking place here, so it'd be a waste of effort to try. It's like arguing politics with people.

The part about teaching a lesson is incorrect. I've never said that.

and this forum is nothing but Pravda for BTDT.
    That's not our intent. We want a back and forth but your alliance is not posting stinging battle reports, you have too few forum users and most of those are not helpful.

Have you ever watched movie Megamind?

This clip is pretty spot on. I try to make you guys heroes, confront you wen you don't do anything and then taunt you "guess who I am." We fight, I ask for banter and get "ARGGHHHH!!!" I sat "ok, you can zero me now" and y'all like "no we'll IP track yout!"

"Woah! Woah! Woah! That's not how you play the game"

Watch the clip. It makes sooo much sense. I desire a competitive in game and forum game. I want the battle and I want to be the bad guy. Much like the movie though I somehow became the good guy.

The part about teaching a lesson is incorrect. I've never said that.
    I did not mean that you said it but that it's your outlet. Providing us with insults rather than incoming.
    Last edited by Lord Bane; 04-05-2017 at 02:49 PM.

I don't see serious dialogue taking place here, so it'd be a waste of effort to try. It's like arguing politics with people.
    As evidenced by what my substantial thread turned into.

But we tried and that's what matters.

I feel part of the problem was that some people were not capable of the higher level discussions. Remember when I was trying to lead Luisss into answering where the end game weak spots were? They were glaringly obvious.

At this point though I'm not sure there's much to discuss. We keep swinging until GONE is totally gone and then we can have a sever recap and show some of the primary strengths and weaknesses.

People on here for the most part troll and flame, and this forum is nothing but Pravda for BTDT.
    And what the heck have you ever done to even attempt to be part of the solution rather than part of the problem? How does it go - that favorite line of yours - "I'll take hypocrisy for $100, Alex" which you spout every time you detect a chance.

From day #1 you've been on here, you have extremely rarely made a post without using sarcasm, personal attacks, and/or rudeness. The only person from the BTDT side of this server that comes even close to your level of taunting and rudeness would be vicious_machine. There is an enormous difference between you and him though in that he uses sarcasm as often as you don't (i.e. almost never).

Successful efforts have been made at genuine dialogue by several people on here including LB, Nichmanic, Kelsier, Pandas, and Burninator. The times that they've been around have made this place way more positive. You are most definitely not on that list.

I'd suggest that you actually go accomplish something in-game and post the BRs. You might actually have fun - though that's apparently not what you come on here for.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    And what the heck have you ever done to even attempt to be part of the solution rather than part of the problem? How does it go - that favorite line of yours - "I'll take hypocrisy for $100, Alex" which you spout every time you detect a chance.
    I have a different style. Some people find it tasteless and others find it hilarious. I'm the same way in real-life, fwiw. Not saying that as an excuse, just saying it so that maybe you can understand why I post the way that I do. I rip on myself with as much vitriol as I do others. It's just sarcasm and isn't meant to do anything other than making light of situations. I'm constantly laughing because outside of my daughter (I'm a single dad so maybe you can understand why I post about her a lot) I don't take a lot serious in this world.

I don't have anything personal against you, or anybody else in BTDT. I do have some personal issues with LB because I think what he did was classless, dishonest, and low-rent. My problems with him are because of his character defects. I don't have any personal issues with anybody in BTDT. I used to talk with Greg quite a bit and thought that he was a really cool guy.

I'm all for substantive conversations and have them on a daily basis on several political message boards that I post on as well as in real-life situations with friends, family, and co-workers. My interests cover a wide array of topics and even though I'm not the smartest guy in the world, I believe that I'm well-versed in enough to hold meaningful conversations about them.

I'm perfectly willing to send my apologies to anyone offended by my posts and engage in more serious conversations if those that have been offended are willing to accept my apologies and move on to more serious dialogue.

Look. I'm not trying to say "don't post the way you do" or "ur dum" etc. If you want to come on here and be sarcastic and negative then it's not like you need my approval or anyone else's, except, I guess, the mods though it's not like there's a whole lot that needs cleaning up around here. We're all adults and more or less know where the line is. I don't have any right to bash someone else's posting style considering that mine tends to be random and I'll admit that I've crossed the line at least 3 times since I came back on here and one of those times was in your (DA) face personally.

The only thing that irritates me about the above post is that you're complaining about the very environment that you've helped create. Yeah, these boards are full of chest-beating, negativity, and occasional hostility. That's kind of the way most P&D sections go down unfortunately and the very way this game is engineered practically encourages those feelings and behavior. My honest take on this game is that if you're not here to smash stuff up (through either splats or hits) this probably isn't the game for you. Some people manage to play quite happily in a SimCity kind of style but the ones that last very long doing that are in the extreme minority. That's not exactly the kind of game mechanics that inspire warm fuzzy feelings. And then when someone spends months getting deeply involved in the flame wars and on the very same day they're actively involved in one they start posting about how crappy the ambience is, I find it annoying.

And for what it's worth I was irritated a bit at Luisss' goodbye post too where he said to the effect that he disagreed with BTDT's forum tactics. That's fine but when he has alliance members that are just as much in the thick of things as we are it strikes me as disingenuous. Especially when it wasn't that long ago that he was antagonizing the trollls worse than anyone else in his alliance. The only real difference between our forum trolls and your forum trolls is that we happen to have more of them. That's where I tried to encourage Nich to encourage his more timid/newer players to come on here and troll away if they wanted to. So far PoP is the only one that took up that challenge.
    Last edited by Lurk; 04-05-2017 at 09:38 PM.

The only thing that irritates me about the above post is that you're complaining about the very environment that you've helped create.
    Thanks for the response.

In fairness I didn't really complain about the way this forum is. I just simply pointed out the way that it is. I read this forum for probably a month before I joined and I didn't see much substance. It was basically just LB and BTDT wearing the skeleton costumes and chasing the karate kid (Luisss) around the gymnasium.

But that aside...no hard feelings and I mean that with all sincerity.

I agree, no hard feelings. Just the way this game is designed. The challenge is to not get burned out and it's entirely possible to get burned out with these forums just as bad as in-game. I'll admit that I'm not bringing my A-game anymore either on these boards or on the account. We have 24/7 builds in all troop villages but....that's about it.

The challenge is to not get burned out and it's entirely possible to get burned out with these forums just as bad as in-game. I'll admit that I'm not bringing my A-game anymore either on these boards or on the account. We have 24/7 builds in all troop villages but....that's about it.
    Yeah, it's been really hard to avoid burnout for me, especially after seeing so many of my alliance mates hitting the delete timer. I chose to stick around for those that wanted to and didn't want to feel like I was bailing on them, but I'd be lying if I said that I was putting in the same amount of effort and time on my account that I did a month ago.