Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mass Deletion? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post

I have some rebuilding to do on it thanks to you and the follow-up ghost, but....ditto.
    I see some red swords from you guys now. Baby lego hammer or hidden hammer? I'm excited to find out. The ladies in my cap are excited too. The men residing there are lay abouts and quite frankly are getting a bit thick around the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pile of Pandas View Post
    I see some red swords from you guys now. Baby lego hammer or hidden hammer? I'm excited to find out. The ladies in my cap are excited too. The men residing there are lay abouts and quite frankly are getting a bit thick around the middle.
    I didn't do it so I can't tell you. =p Believe it or not I only pay attention to the stuff in Skype that either pertains to stuff I'm hitting or stuff that amuses me. Or, I suppose, on occasion stuff that stands a <100% chance of killing off some of my scouts. Little jerks eat more wheat than they earn.

But I have to admit I am excited as well. After BigFart lost most of his D trying to prevent his villages from being smashed to bits, and you're already losing 15%ish troops on your WW as it is, I'd love to see what kind of troops you can scrounge up.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

[7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

I didn't do it so I can't tell you. =p Believe it or not I only pay attention to the stuff in Skype that either pertains to stuff I'm hitting or stuff that amuses me. Or, I suppose, on occasion stuff that stands a <100% chance of killing off some of my scouts. Little jerks eat more wheat than they earn.

But I have to admit I am excited as well. After BigFart lost most of his D trying to prevent his villages from being smashed to bits, and you're already losing 15%ish troops on your WW as it is, I'd love to see what kind of troops you can scrounge up.
    My minions are searching all the pubs as we speak.

Watch out for my lego hammer next.
    I have some rebuilding to do on it thanks to you
    PoP, Lurk, Greg, DA....
    Last edited by Lord Bane; 03-29-2017 at 01:28 PM.

My minions are searching all the pubs as we speak.
    I guess I found enough

http://travian-reports.net/us/report/4702672452e

Did you get those animals from the pub, too, or did they come from somewhere else?
    "The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice... It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, and the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one. No matter the blood. No matter the skin. No matter the world. No matter the star. We are one. No matter the pain. No matter the darkness. No matter the loss. No matter the fear. We are one. Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognise this singular truth and this singular rule: that we must be kind to one another. Because, each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future. We are one." ~G'kar

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    Did you get those animals from the pub, too, or did they come from somewhere else?
    I'd guess the pub, she bought them drinks and signed them up to fight for her. Clever recruiting techniques.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

Nah, I always keep a stack of elephants and bats in my basement.

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    I'd guess the pub, she bought them drinks and signed them up to fight for her. Clever recruiting techniques.
    That is how I got the raccoons. You will notice they do not appear in the report. They ran off with my money just before the strike. The jerks.
    Last edited by Pile of Pandas; 03-29-2017 at 02:28 PM.

Believe it or not I only pay attention to the stuff in Skype that either pertains to stuff I'm hitting or stuff that amuses me.
    Whether "pico de gallo" is "rooster beak" or "rooster peck"
    The importance of the habanero.

These are the kinds of things that amuse Lurk.

Watch out for my lego hammer next.
    Expect heavy flirting coming your way. A goodly number of guys on our side have a thing for lego hammers.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

I see two leadership accounts deleted.
    • Zac was killed off my Luisss`s paranoia
    • Lack deleted.
    • Caesar deleted.
    • Another is banned.

Surely they're goners, dire times indeed with no redemption insight. #LacksNotComingBack

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    I see two leadership accounts deleted.
    • Zac was killed off my Luisss`s paranoia
    • Lack deleted.
    • Caesar deleted.
    • Another is banned.

Surely they're goners, dire times indeed with no redemption insight. #LacksNotComingBack
    GONE is gone.

Posted with permission:

Lord Bane - Today 10:23 PM
    > GONE changed their name.

Tom [US1/USx] - Today 10:24 PM
    > to DONE?

"The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice... It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, and the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one. No matter the blood. No matter the skin. No matter the world. No matter the star. We are one. No matter the pain. No matter the darkness. No matter the loss. No matter the fear. We are one. Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognise this singular truth and this singular rule: that we must be kind to one another. Because, each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future. We are one." ~G'kar

Good stop. Had to try for that arti since I thought you were deleting.

That is how I got the raccoons. You will notice they do not appear in the report. They ran off with my money just before the strike. The jerks.
    I paid them off. They were my other contact in your skype rooms. Your rooms are all clean now, I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by SupremeAdmiral View Post
    I paid them off. They were my other contact in your skype rooms. Your rooms are all clean now, I promise.
    Hahahhaa, I must spread some rep around..
    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

Dire deleted.
    Iron Banners on vacation.
    And onward the allies push toward Berlin.
    Viva La Resistance.

And onward the allies push toward Berlin.
    Best quote of the server..!
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

Can I be the Communists? :3

Quote Originally Posted by odinloki View Post
    Best quote of the server..!
    Do you realise what he is calling members of GONE by implication? How is this a good thing?
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.

I read it as a comment about the complete military defeat rather than about moral sympathies. But that is a good point.

Do you realise what he is calling members of GONE by implication? How is this a good thing?
    You're right, I suppose we should denounce his statement.. And while we're at it, we should all quit playing this game because it's a "war" game, and unspeakable atrocities have been committed all throughout history in the name of "war"..

OR.......... we could go with his spoken word, and not assume that he meant something deeper..??

I will go with the spoken word, and say he was equating us to the allies(the good guys) marching across Europe against a very strong military machine(the German army, in this case Gone), taking all conquered lands back, one village at a time(chiefing in travian terms)..

If you choose to read political ideology into his words, that's on you..but I am quite certain you would be wrong..

I will go with the spoken word, and say he was equating us to the allies(the good guys) marching across Europe against a very strong military machine(the German army, in this case Gone), taking all conquered lands back, one village at a time(chiefing in travian terms)..

If you choose to read political ideology into his words, that's on you..but I am quite certain you would be wrong..
    Considering the tone of his comments about GONE and particularly GONE leadership throughout much of the round, i don't think the way it read to me was all that far-fetched. And i don't think it was intended as ideology, but as insult.

He has repeatedly characterised GONE as evil. This strikes me as just one more instance of that.
    Last edited by Meherrin; 03-31-2017 at 08:12 AM.

And i don't think it was intended as ideology, but as insult.
    While I've used the analogy before this post was intended as an obvious reference and a metaphorical high five to BTDT`s Skype room where BTDT members described TRA as Japan and GONE as Germany.

Other points to consider:
    • GONE is fighting a multi front war.
    • GONE was favored and quickly collapsed.
    • GONE leadership makes bad military and awful ethical decisions.
    • GONE members suffer due to GONE leadership.
    • Japan (TRA) surrendered and are now our allies.
    • Berlin is both the WW and Luisss.
    • We are bombing the WW.
    • GONE sends me messages in German
    • I send them messages in Russian.

Moreover not every German civilian in WW2 was a **** and not every soldier committed genocide. You're view of the comment was morally simplistic.

Going back to my first point. This is an analogy used in BTDT`s Skype room. Are you condemning BTDT for the comment?

Going back to my first point. This is an analogy used in BTDT`s Skype room. Are you condemning BTDT for the comment?
    If the Skype room in BTDT was used officially for anything past finding my morning cup of coffee, you wouldn't be in it.

EDIT: Putting a smiley here because that sounds mean. It's nothing personal.
    Last edited by bugzy; 03-31-2017 at 02:30 PM.

Considering the tone of his comments about GONE and particularly GONE leadership throughout much of the round, i don't think the way it read to me was all that far-fetched.
    He has repeatedly characterised GONE as evil. This strikes me as just one more instance of that.
    Yes, repeatedly....using Star Wars video's and meme's.. Not WW2 Germany references or meme's.. Mehr, if you go looking for dots to connect, then you will find them even if they are not part of the same puzzle..

..metaphorical high five to BTDT`s Skype room where BTDT members described TRA as Japan and GONE as Germany. This is an analogy used in BTDT`s Skype room. Are you condemning BTDT for the comment?
    Don't mention names, i'd hate to see people get booted for joking around..

Do I sense trouble in paradise?

YES !! Now's your chance to sneak another few levels in on that WW..!! Go go go..!!

/me gets cata ready to fire..

Perhaps what you sense is a cheeseburger in paradise, instead

Especially if by "sense" you mean "smell"

Not at all. Well... at least on my side. It is a really good solid group with far less drama that GONE had. You'd enjoy it here.

Moreover not every German civilian in WW2 was a **** and not every soldier committed genocide. You're view of the comment was morally simplistic.

My first husband's father was a Latvian citizen conscripted into the German army in WWII. I'm well aware that not all soldiers were involved in genocide and not all Germans were party members.

It may be my age that made this the first thing that came to mind when I read the reference to marching on Berlin - I am closer to that period and its aftermath than many others here.

You know it's funny, but I've made good and trusted people mad for asking them not to talk about certain things in there, like where armies are going, and who we are hitting. They would get mad enough to leave the room for a while. Currently it's much looser in there as far as that goes, because information isn't going to stop much a this point.

You'll also never see an MM with any strategery in it, if I have anything to do with it.

I've been known to deliberately add everybody to my alliance spam chats, including all my "enemies" until it spins out of control and isn't my alliance's or my chat anymore. On some rounds, Luisss would be in there, if he wanted to be.

I haven't gone quite so crazy here, but there are people in BTDT chat that don't even have an account on the server, so what's said in there can hardly reflect on BTDT in game.

I've been in a "secure" room with LB, but that was with only hammers and the coordinator involved in the hit we were planning. I think at this point in the server, and rolling in, LB appreciates that we compartmentalize things and protect real information.

Following the "logic" above, leg-humping is BTDT's official stance.

EDIT: I will admit that every once in a while, some heathen will announce that he/she does not like coffee.
    Last edited by bugzy; 03-31-2017 at 04:41 PM.

Perhaps what you sense is a cheeseburger in paradise, instead

Especially if by "sense" you mean "smell"
    Well, I am hungry...

YES !! Now's your chance to sneak another few levels in on that WW..!! Go go go..!!

/me gets cata ready to fire..
    I don't think any of us care anymore.

My first husband's father was a Latvian citizen conscripted into the German army in WWII. I'm well aware that not all soldiers were involved in genocide and not all Germans were party members.

It may be my age that made this the first thing that came to mind when I read the reference to marching on Berlin - I am closer to that period and its aftermath than many others here.
    I don't know how old you are, but I'm in my mid 30s. This was the first thing I thought of when LB first sent it to me via IGM a couple weeks ago. I'm also the one who answered him in German. (Ich bin sicherlich nicht aus dem dritten Reich) It raised my eyebrow then, but I can't say I'm surprised he's using the analogy to justify anything. I've gotten over the whole tiktok is spy thing, but I don't think he's ging to get over anything anytime soon.
    Last edited by Pile of Pandas; 03-31-2017 at 05:51 PM.

I don't know how old you are, but I'm in my mid 30s. This was the first thing I thought of when LB first sent it to me via IGM a couple weeks ago. I'm also the one who answered him in German. (Ich bin sicherlich nicht aus dem dritten Reich) It raised my eyebrow then, but I can't say I'm surprised he's using the analogy to justify anything. I've gotten over the whole tiktok is spy thing, but I don't think he's ging to get over anything anytime soon.
    I'm in my 60s. Just old enough that when I was growing up, that was still the most common association to make when talking about Germany and war. I grew up with people whose immediate family (parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, older siblings) died in the Holocaust. That's what 'marching on Berlin' evokes for me.

Its allowed to debate at a certain level, keep it there, and do not cross boundaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Serkan View Post
    Its allowed to debate at a certain level, keep it there, and do not cross boundaries.
    Very much agreed.

That's what 'marching on Berlin' evokes for me.
    What war analogies would be appropriate then?

What war analogies would be appropriate then?
    I am not a military historian, but perhaps the allied army under Welington advancing on Waterloo?

Basically, just about any relevant war analogy that does not carry the profound weight of meaning that the one you chose does.

I'd say Benedict Arnold.

the one you chose does.
    The one BTDT chose. I'll pass on your objections to the offending parties.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    I'd say Benedict Arnold.
    One man's traitor is another's freedom fighter. I'll stick with Spartacus.

One man's traitor is another's freedom fighter.
    Yeah, I probably crossed the line there. I shouldn't have insulted Benedict Arnold like that. He actually fought bravely for the Colonists before he became a traitor and defected. To compare that to what you did isn't fair to him.