Thread: Changing account names

Default Changing account names

I'd like to see an option to change the name of an account with a population over 500 when the account changes ownership. This used to be possible in the past - i asked the CM a few years back if it could be done and was allowed to change the name of an account i had taken over - but it is apparently how not allowed.

I think people have a certain degree of identification with their accounts - that's why we name them in the first place - and it would be very nice to be able to 'make an account your own' by personalising the name when you take over ownership of an account.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

Because account name change is now a premium feature where the account owner can change the name for a gold fee CSR is no longer authorized to change account names as was done in the past.

I will send a suggestion that they improve the change ownership system to include a name change (at a fee of course)

Quote Originally Posted by CM M.Hudson View Post
    Because account name change is now a premium feature where the account owner can change the name for a gold fee CSR is no longer authorized to change account names as was done in the past.

I will send a suggestion that they improve the change ownership system to include a name change (at a fee of course)
    That sounds like a great compromise. Those who don't care all that much about names won;t use the option, those who do care such as myself would allow Travian to make a little off the exchange.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

Can we also increase how long our names can be? Some us are creative with our names but just can't make the cut.
    Of course though, don't make the max amount of characters in a name to be as long as an essay, but an increase of like 5 more characters than what it is now would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordDeath View Post
    If anyone is looking for a preformed team to join up with please feel free to apply
    Quote Originally Posted by lethaljimmy View Post
    1. FwB was not a preformed team.
    Battle Reports:
    Finals 2016:
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/444870c3228
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/44487179c06