Thread: Dear Fat America

Default Dear Fat America

Deep Fried Chocolate Twinkies are amazing.

OMG, it's a hot, crunchy cookie layer, then a vanilla cake layer (not nasty sponge cake), then goey chocolate filling.

Also, deep fried Oreo Churros are disgusting.

Actually, the second one I ate didn't have chocolate filling. Minus one star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.

My internet brings all the nerds to the yard, And there like, Its better than yours, Damn right its better than yours, I can share with you, But I have to charge!
    La la-la la la, I know Rok wants it! La la-la la la, and it's on Wifi! Imagine if I bothered to tether it! La la-la la la, nah nah nah nah nah! La la-la la la!

Feh. ANYTHING fried is awesome. NY State Fair fries everything that walks, crawls, swims or flies!
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

The country with the world's longest official name

This whole thread is repulsive.

As fried foods go, I admit to weaknesses for onion rings and almond chicken soo guy (not usually at the same time, though), which I try to indulge in as infrequently as possible
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

Sap I would recommend a yellow cake for you!
    http://static.pokemoninfinity.com/im..._forum_sig.png

trooper? recruit an army and get two recruits from me for your army...

teacher?
    first five would receive 50 extra coins don't miss the chance...

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    As fried foods go, I admit to weaknesses for onion rings and almond chicken soo guy (not usually at the same time, though), which I try to indulge in as infrequently as possible
    You know, you can only get almond chicken up north. I've never seen it anywhere other than Michigan or Canada.

My internet brings all the nerds to the yard, And there like, Its better than yours, Damn right its better than yours, I can share with you, But I have to charge!
    La la-la la la, I know Rok wants it! La la-la la la, and it's on Wifi! Imagine if I bothered to tether it! La la-la la la, nah nah nah nah nah! La la-la la la!

Quote Originally Posted by н-υ-п-т-ε-я View Post
    Sap I would recommend a yellow cake for you!
    You and the KGB love your yellow cake

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    You know, you can only get almond chicken up north. I've never seen it anywhere other than Michigan or Canada.
    Really? How odd. Are there any popular Chinese-American dishes based on breaded/battered and deep-fried chicken breast? Up here you can also get it served with a sweet and sour sauce and with a pineapple sauce.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    Really? How odd. Are there any popular Chinese-American dishes based on breaded/battered and deep-fried chicken breast? Up here you can also get it served with a sweet and sour sauce and with a pineapple sauce.
    Not really, only almond chicken. We usually get it when we visit.

You and the KGB love your yellow cake
    this is our local yellow cake.

http://static.pokemoninfinity.com/im..._forum_sig.png

trooper? recruit an army and get two recruits from me for your army...

teacher?
    first five would receive 50 extra coins don't miss the chance...

Quote Originally Posted by н-υ-п-т-ε-я View Post
    this is our local yellow cake.

Uh-huh. Your kind of yellow cake is more brittle methinks.

The country with the world's longest official name

Uh-huh. Your kind of yellow cake is more brittle methinks.
    More brittle than powder?

One traditional breakfast of my parents' hometown is 大饼油條. The literal translation is "big pastry and fried dough". The "大饼" is a flat slab of dough with rock sugar in the middle, which is fried until the sugar inside is caramelized. The "油條" is a long strip of slightly savory dough that is deep fried until it puffs up on the inside and gets slightly crisp on the outside. You sandwich one or two long strips of dough in between the flat pastry and eat it with a bowl of soy milk sweetened to taste.

Oh, and if you haven't had a heart attack after eating all that first thing in the morning, you can also find deep fried balls of sticky rice flour filled with red bean paste and covered in sesame seeds in the same breakfast buffet/street stall.
    "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost."

Quote Originally Posted by Creep-er View Post
    One traditional breakfast of my parents' hometown is 大饼油條. The literal translation is "big pastry and fried dough". The "大饼" is a flat slab of dough with rock sugar in the middle, which is fried until the sugar inside is caramelized. The "油條" is a long strip of slightly savory dough that is deep fried until it puffs up on the inside and gets slightly crisp on the outside. You sandwich one or two long strips of dough in between the flat pastry and eat it with a bowl of soy milk sweetened to taste.

Oh, and if you haven't had a heart attack after eating all that first thing in the morning, you can also find deep fried balls of sticky rice flour filled with red bean paste and covered in sesame seeds in the same breakfast buffet/street stall.
    I think I've had the rice flour and bean paste balls, or something very similar, at dim sum restaurants. I've not had the experience of the other, although either pastry by itself sounds tasty if not something I would want to have every day.

Deep fried Snickers are good. I made some once 15 years ago and thought "Well, this tastes excellent, but I really don't need to add them to my diet, so I'm never doing this again."

S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Fat America, feh.
    We have a stock (paper) cutter hear at work that cuts through 6 inches of some heavy stock like it was butter. Have to use both hands to push buttons to use it so you don't cut your fingers off and, on top of that, there are sensors that will stop the cutter in mid-slice when they are interrupted, with a loud beeping accompanying it.
    That furslugging thing has gone off a dozen times or more when my gut pushes into the sensor range. I think that machine enjoys calling me fat on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    More brittle than powder?
    Sigh.

Bloomin' onions for me. But we limit it to once a year.
    The ORIGINALCisalpine! Retired

http://forum.travian.us/showthread.php?t=95436 for the Awesome Natar Win
    http://forum.travian.us/showthread.php?t=93085 For US S1 history