• High School Musical

0 0%
  • The Silence of the Lambs

1 10.00%
  • The Babadook

0 0%

Thread: GenChat's Favourite Horror Film

Default GenChat's Favourite Horror Film

So, nine films received more than one mention, so they're the finalists.

I decided to include all films with multiple mentions, whether they seemed to be strictly horror or not. If they fit multiple genres, they can be nominated in other threads too.

So.... What genre should I do next? What genres do people really enjoy? How about fantasy or super-hero films next time?
    Last edited by Meherrin; 03-20-2017 at 05:23 AM.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

[Fake anger]ROFL, High School Musical is in there but not Night of the Living Dead!?! You get sixteen options Meherrin. Sixteen! [/fake anger]

I've never seen any of these films so it would be silly for me to cast a vote
    "The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice... It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, and the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one. No matter the blood. No matter the skin. No matter the world. No matter the star. We are one. No matter the pain. No matter the darkness. No matter the loss. No matter the fear. We are one. Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognise this singular truth and this singular rule: that we must be kind to one another. Because, each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future. We are one." ~G'kar

The country with the world's longest official name

Shouldn't the Phantom Menace be on here? It was a horror(fyingly bad) film.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse-Keyboard View Post
    Shouldn't the Phantom Menace be on here? It was a horror(fyingly bad) film.
    I disagree. Acting was weak because the director has never been an actor's director. But it had, hands down, the best light saber battle ever put to film. It gave us Qui-Gon and an outstanding Obi-Wan in Ewan McGreggor.

You're probably just joking, but it's a button for me to respond as soon as I see a diss on the movie. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

Anyone have any preferences for which movie genre I should try next? I'm leaning toward suoerhero films, which have becine so common that I think they deserve a category all their own, as a bkend of fantasy, science fiction and action.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    Anyone have any preferences for which movie genre I should try next? I'm leaning toward suoerhero films, which have becine so common that I think they deserve a category all their own, as a bkend of fantasy, science fiction and action.
    Superhero movies have sub-genres, lol. Straight Marvel/DC or independent? Hellboy is with neither and I loved both of the movies.
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

I don't want to be cliche or whatever but for me The Dark Knight is the best "super hero" movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsier View Post
    I don't want to be cliche or whatever but for me The Dark Knight is the best "super hero" movie.
    Feh. Captain America: Winter Soldier was far better in my ever not so humble opinion.

Ok, I think I have my answer.

@Dan Chak: i think we can do this without subdivisions. You can nominate from any comics universe, once I set up the thread.

Superhero movies are garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by cofc View Post
    Superhero movies are garbage.
    Have you actually watched any? There are some that are garbage, but there are many that are wonderfully entertaining films.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    Have you actually watched any? There are some that are garbage, but there are many that are wonderfully entertaining films.
    I have. Logan was alright.

I don't consider Batman movies to be superhero movies as Batman is not a superhero, which may skew my claim.

I have. Logan was alright.

I don't consider Batman movies to be superhero movies as Batman is not a superhero, which may skew my claim.
    Havent' seen Logan yet. Plan on it this weekend.
    How in hell is Batman not a superhero? And you said superhero movies are garbage - gimme some examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    Havent' seen Logan yet. Plan on it this weekend.
    How in hell is Batman not a superhero? And you said superhero movies are garbage - gimme some examples.
    Batman is a man with gadgets. You have to be superhuman to be a superhero.

Captain America movies are garbage. Spiderman movies are garbage. Fantastic Four movies are garbage. Hulk movies are garbage. All of them are garbage.

Batman is a man with gadgets. You have to be superhuman to be a superhero.

Captain America movies are garbage. Spiderman movies are garbage. Fantastic Four movies are garbage. Hulk movies are garbage. All of them are garbage.
    GAH! We need to be able to neg rep in here again!!!!
    You are clearly insane and have no taste in movies whatsoever.