Thread: Awfully..

Default Awfully..

Quiet, for a new server and all..??
    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

Yeah it is, maybe its the calm before the storm

People still use this thing? I think the s19 forum had one post since the start. Hopefully there will be a little more going on in this one.

Go visit the s1 forum, we set that mutha on fire..lol
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

I put an application in for FV

I don't think they accept dirty simmers..

Darn that's all I had going for me </3
    Quote Originally Posted by RycorAbsinthe View Post
    What street cred? The only win I have under my belt was with LordDeath.

Quote Originally Posted by odinloki View Post
    Quiet, for a new server and all..??
    yeah, well I'm here now. who's up for a 5-quad analysis, complete with gypsy crystal-ball evaluation of the innermost fears and inadequacies of all alliance leaders?? it's time people learned (relearned) the forum is the reality. ignore it at your peril.

so you're the highest raider? what are you compensating for?

top pop? you either have too much of your mummy's money to spend or (gasp!) it's your own money. Money you could be putting into your IRA, you miserable loser.

No, you think it matters whether you win or lose on the server - get real: the forum is all that matters. you win here, or you lose. You think anybody remembers who was the top account once a server ends? HaHaHaHaHaHahahahahahahahahahha!

Sorry, caterpillar. What people remember are stories. Travian is nothing but a blank canvas. Teuts kill legos, Imps kill phals, whoopie. BRs are just an exclamation point. If you want to be remembered, you must be legendary. There are no legends on any server. There are only legends here, on the forum. People tell your story, and remember. You can tell your story, or better, others tell your story. And players remember. I remember North Eagle, and what's-his-name, the guy that took a WW from 96 to 0, yes, zero! I remember itsme, who pissed off more people on one server than most people could hope to piss off in a lifetime. And it all happened here. On the forum.

So get with it people. This is the real game. sim your feeders, feed your raiders, train up your hammers, yeah, yeah. Just remember, unless we read about it here, it's just an entry in a database in the cloud. What's your story?
    "Yeah, I usually get my hammer chiefed. It's my signature move."

"Between the idea and the reality, falls the forum."

You're wrong Wheelman. It's not about the trolls on the forum bashing each other, telling lies and generally behaving badly. It's all about the players. The people that play this game. The ones you get to know. The relationships you form with those who are compatible with you. You may have noticed that as the player pool shrinks, the forums are dying. At least this part of the forums. Could that be because most of us just don't care to read posts by players who lie, cheat, turn on their friends and teammates and generally boast about the game prowess they just don't have? Might be, at that. Most of us connect on Skype these days. We form friendships. Occasionally we actually meet one another in Real Life. That, my friend is what games are supposed to be for. For most of us, at least.

Excel

ps. With one or two duals that are good at the game, it is very possible to reach in game goals like #1 pop while spending no more than 10 or 15$ a month each. I've done it more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by m.walker.m View Post
    It's not about the trolls on the forum bashing each other, telling lies and generally behaving badly..
    Ouch..

But what about the the players, the people that play this game, the ones you get to know, that also spend the time and energy to participate here, on the forum? That spend the time to perform analyses, respond to reviews, or just troll in an entertaining fashion?

Or those who, seeing the decline in participation, do what they can to provoke, cajole, tempt, or antagonize a little bit, any who might just be inclined to put their two cents in?

You are taking a pretty high road, my friend and mentor, especially for this, the forum. Certainly have peed all over this attempt to fan the flames.

Let's just put this thread to rest and all hum Kumbaya for an indefinite time period......Thank you very much.

love ya, buddy
    "Yeah, I usually get my hammer chiefed. It's my signature move."

"Between the idea and the reality, falls the forum."