Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Queue the riots

Default Queue the riots

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/0...092627483.html

So who bets NIKE stock falls in wake of no one purchasing their new head scarf.
    Something about how I am

I'm with Kurtz, the EU is becoming extremist and drunk on power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    I'm with Kurtz.
    Uhhhhhhhhhh
    Something about how I am

I'll believe it's not discrimination against observing Muslims, Sikhs and Jews when people are required not to wear crosses.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

Oh ffs. It's a scarf. And Mehr is right. If anyone in those companies turns up with a cross around their neck, it should be taken to court again if they aren't treated exactly the same way.
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

And when the west talks big and mighty about freedoms, they- through firm laws- sink law in freedom of beliefs!

The European Court of Justice (ECJ) said it does not constitute "direct discrimination" if a firm has an internal rule banning the wearing of "any political, philosophical or religious sign".
    oppressing people is the new right!
    Quote Originally Posted by Avicenna
    That whose existence is necessary must necessarily be one essence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumi
    What you are seeking is also seeking you.

Quote Originally Posted by RycorAbsinthe View Post
    http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/0...092627483.html

So who bets NIKE stock falls in wake of no one purchasing their new head scarf.
    Stocks don't fall if one marginal product doesn't sell, it may sell well in a niche market for consumers who desire one.

A ban on a headscarf tacitly prohibits muslim women from entering certain workplaces and is discriminitory, it would do more to polarize. Workplaces should be inclusive and non-discriminitory and hire based on skills and talents, a ban on headscarves should not be tolerated.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Stocks don't fall if one marginal product doesn't sell, it may sell well in a niche market for consumers who desire one.

A ban on a headscarf tacitly prohibits muslim women from entering certain workplaces and is discriminitory, it would do more to polarize. Workplaces should be inclusive and non-discriminitory and hire based on skills and talents, a ban on headscarves should not be tolerated.
    I really wish i could +rep you for this, Summer.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.

Ditto

Correct, though it would be legal if it was blanket to all religions, which is what the ECJ quote hunter posted(if accurate) actually said. It would also ban fundamentalist Christians that wear their cross everywhere and refuse to take it off. Also Hacidic Jews. And the majority of Sikhs. I'm not really sure how I feel about that honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshyyy View Post
    There is some serious misquoting potential above.
    The rep system should be abolished.

Workplaces should be hire based on skills and talents
    This is a new opinion from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirveri View Post
    It would also ban fundamentalist Christians that wear their cross everywhere and refuse to take it off. Also Hacidic Jews. And the majority of Sikhs. I'm not really sure how I feel about that honestly.
    Hopefully, they are not going as the Kim nation*, and force people to only wear certain clothes and have certain haircuts at work.

*NorthKorea

Quote Originally Posted by н-υ-п-т-ε-я View Post
    Hopefully, they are not going as the Kim nation*, and force people to only wear certain clothes and have certain haircuts at work.

*NorthKorea
    They already do that too. Especially in the military.

But there are plenty of other jobs as well. Coveralls for most maintenance gigs, or shop uniforms for mechanics, or service uniforms for restaurants and other commercial spaces. Short hair when working around rotating equipment, and no wedding rings there too (insert picture of degloved finger here). No facial hair when working in a place the may require the use of gas masks, etc etc etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Joshyyy View Post
    There is some serious misquoting potential above.
    The rep system should be abolished.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirveri View Post
    They already do that too. Especially in the military.

But there are plenty of other jobs as well. Coveralls for most maintenance gigs, or shop uniforms for mechanics, or service uniforms for restaurants and other commercial spaces. Short hair when working around rotating equipment, and no wedding rings there too (insert picture of degloved finger here). No facial hair when working in a place the may require the use of gas masks, etc etc etc...
    That -mostly- is for safety and/or professionality.

When the work doesn't require extra rules, why do companies need to apply new rules! unless if people go to work in swimwear or loungewear, which almost nobody does!

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    I'll believe it's not discrimination against observing Muslims, Sikhs and Jews when people are required not to wear crosses.
    Do people use the cross to cover their face?
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

Do people use the cross to cover their face?
    that is burqa or nigab not hijab/scarf!

I honestly don't see the point in banning a headscarf, especially the one shown in the article's photo. Who cares? If it was a factory or sawmill, something like that I could understand it being banned based on safety (along with jewelry and any loose clothing at all), but this is a freaking office setting. As long as it's professional/in good taste what the hell does it affect?

Banning the full face veil, I can definitely understand that though.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

[7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

I wish the U.S. would do this.

Saw a women driving a car to campus the other day in a Hijab.

The Irony didn't escape me...
    Something about how I am

I wish the U.S. would do this.

Saw a women driving a car to campus the other day in a Hijab.

The Irony didn't escape me...
    You want the US to pass legislation that allows employers to force people to choose between observing aspects if their religion and keeping their jobs?

And you know that not bring able to drive has very little to do with Islam as a whole, right? It is only in Saudi Arabia that this is an issue. And Saudi Arabia is not representative of most Muslim majority countries.

Meet the world’s first all-female racing-car driving team from occupied Palestine. There’s Maysoon Jayyusi, the team’s 38-year-old manager, from Jerusalem, who says her love for racing-car driving came from the frustration of being stuck in the West Bank’s constant traffic jams and checkpoints; Mona Ali, 29, from Ramallah, who was one of the first female racers in Palestine; Marah Zahalka, 23, who was a racing champion at 19; Noor Dauod, 25, from Jerusalem, who is determinedly persistent, if not always successful on the race track; and finally Betty Saadeh, 35, the only member who comes from a wealthy family of racers in Bethlehem.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...le-racing-team
    Last edited by Meherrin; 03-15-2017 at 07:54 PM.

You keep pretending that the whole Muslim world doesn't idealize Saudi Arabia and I'll keep on pretending that religion has no place in the civilized world.
    Something about how I am

You keep pretending that the whole Muslim world doesn't idealize Saudi Arabia and I'll keep on pretending that religion has no place in the civilized world.
    You may be a bit out of date with your first assumption.

At the end of August, a meeting of Muslim clerics and scholars convened in the Chechen capital of Grozny to forge a consensus on the subject of ‘who constitutes a Sunni.’

Sunnism, the 200 or so Sunni clerics from Egypt, South Africa, India, Europe, Turkey, Jordan, Yemen, Russia warned, “has undergone a dangerous deformation in the wake of efforts by extremists to void its sense in order to take it over and reduce it to their perception.”

The Muslim world is currently under a siege of terror, led by a deviant strain that claims religious authority and kills in the name of Islam. So the Grozny participants had gathered, by invitation of the Chechen president, to make “a radical change in order to re-establish the true meaning of Sunnism.”

If their final communique was any indicator, the group of distinguished scholars had a very particular message for the Muslim world: Wahhabism - and its associated takfirism - are no longer welcome within the Sunni fold.

Specifically, the conference’s closing statement says this: “Ash’arites and the Maturidi are the people of Sunnism and those who belong to the Sunni community, both at the level of the doctrine and of the four schools of Sunni jurisprudence (Hanafi, Hanbali, Shafi’i, Maliki), as well as Sufis, both in terms of knowledge and moral ethics."

In one fell swoop, Wahhabism, the official state religion of only two Muslim countries -Saudi Arabia and Qatar - was not part of the majority Muslim agenda any longer.

https://www.rt.com/op-edge/359409-re...udi-isolation/

You want the US to pass legislation that allows employers to force people to choose between observing aspects if their religion and keeping their jobs?
    Like baking cakes?

You keep pretending that the whole Muslim world doesn't idealize Saudi Arabia
    No one likes Saudi Arabia except extremist and ignorants!

Quote Originally Posted by н-υ-п-т-ε-я View Post
    No one likes Saudi Arabia except extremist and ignorants!
    And the US. OOPS which one is that from your list?

Rycor, your ignorance is showing. Can I judge all jews by your extremists?

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    And the US.
    All for money and power.

Politics is different than the ordinary people.

Quote Originally Posted by cofc View Post
    Like baking cakes?
    They won't respond to this, it's ok to discriminate against whites and Christians.
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

They won't respond to this, it's ok to discriminate against whites and Christians.
    The church is -somehow- week, they allow gay/same-sex marriage/union inside a church.

I think If you want to force current muslims in America to do the same, they would rather shut down their mosque than be forced to act against their believes!

Well, the Pope is probably going towards being more gay friendly, which would slowly makes gays acceptable more often in churches.

What I don't understand is, when christianity is not gay friendly, why do some gays want to get married inside the church?

They won't reply because almost everyone has blocked him.

Everytime I see this subject I picture people standing in line waiting to riot.

S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    This non technically happened.

you can have fun riots!

This a thousand times over.

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    They won't reply because almost everyone has blocked him.
    Because everyone has trouble countering his arguments.

Yep. It makes a very interesting mental picture.

Don't forget Jews.
    Something about how I am

Don't forget Jews.
    You might want to note that I included observing Jews as people who would be affected by the EU ruling. I would have mentioned observing Mormons as well, but they are fortunate in that the particular clothing their religion requires of them is not visible under most circumstances.

I'm not sure where you get your ideas about what 'all' progressives think, but you get it wrong quite often.

^^^ The UN is anti-semitic in literally all their rulings. It's kind of a trend.... UN includes the whole civilized world.... Civilized world is dominated by progressive liberals... so yeah... that...
    Something about how I am

There is a difference between being anti-semitic and wanting a just solution in the Israel-Palestine conflict. If such a thing is even possible considering the history accumulated and continuing to accumulate on both sides.

There is a difference between being anti-semitic and wanting a just solution in the Israel-Palestine conflict. If such a thing is even possible considering the history accumulated and continuing to accumulate on both sides.
    Maybe the Palestinians should.. I dont know, not bomb Israel.

Don't forget Jews.
    When in many european countries one would be fined or jailed for denying holocaust! But you can legally deny the existence of the sun in a sunniest day of the year no problem!

Maybe the Palestinians should.. I dont know, not bomb Israel.
    The right to defend oneself is only for the israelis?

and most kills usually happens to the palestinians!

What are the Palestinians defending themselves against? The counter attacks? Israel is simply responding to attacks launched against them for no reason.