Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: WBT 03/10/2017: You pick a fight that I don't want and one you will lose

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsier View Post
    Oh you did, did you?
    Yes sweetie. For a total of 15 minutes only. I'll give you 15 minutes if it will do you any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cisalpine View Post
    I'll give you 15 minutes if it will do you any good.
    15 minutes isn't even worth getting undressed for.. sheesh..lol
    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

Yes sweetie. For a total of 15 minutes only. I'll give you 15 minutes if it will do you any good.
    Hahaha fair enough.

I'm also no longer council or playing the game.
    Uh oh. I'd better go figure out who is switching villages and sending the hero out now.

Quote Originally Posted by odinloki View Post
    15 minutes isn't even worth getting undressed for.. sheesh..lol
    I'm quick. Just a simple assassination. And don't tell, but I was only half dressed anyway.

Uh oh. I'd better go figure out who is switching villages and sending the hero out now.
    Must be bananas. Wait. My bad. It was Erik's fault.
    Last edited by Cisalpine; 03-23-2017 at 06:54 PM.

Update:

Three alliances. Three beautiful hits. Good job and congratulations to all involved.

GONE... you exist because we allow it and you will fail because we demand it.

I see they renamed the wonder, but they misspelled "ButtHurt"..

Ohh and LB, seems I need to spread some rep around before I can get you again bro..
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

So what you guys are saying is that this is a legitimate picture of a GONE leader surveying the remodeled Wonder...

Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

[7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

Merchant

Oh man, how these forums haven't changed and it seems they never will.

Bugzy!!!! I'm so proud of you!!!

You guys are AWESOME!!

I see they renamed the wonder, but they misspelled "ButtHurt"..

Ohh and LB, seems I need to spread some rep around before I can get you again bro..
    Ummm. Why are YOU the one butthurt? Or is there another Greg around in GONE? Oh hey. GONE's gone! Shouldn't have called it pointless. Poor thing had such low self esteem it crumbled.
    Last edited by Cisalpine; 03-24-2017 at 04:52 PM.

Bugzy!!!! I'm so proud of you!!!

You guys are AWESOME!!
    I only have one thing to say.

https://youtu.be/vSrZ68JV3mY

GONE, if you're going to organize def in skype I would suggest doing it before the rammer hits next time
    I've probably played 30 servers at this point

US1 Honeybadger - http://travian-reports.net/us/report/46781746d83
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/49535643339

I blame blazin1 for any actions that may occur during the course of any server

I only have one thing to say.

https://youtu.be/vSrZ68JV3mY

Bugzy vs Cis

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    GONE... you exist because we allow it and you will fail because we demand it.

Update:

The TiK ToK account has crop locked, zeroed or chiefed one or more GONE villages 15 of the last 16 days. Today they finally killed a hammer bigger than 2k. I'd like to congratulate simpetar on achieving what no one else could.

Last edited by Lord Bane; 03-26-2017 at 04:11 PM.

Update:

Onward men!

I've been lazy with updates with the daily chiefings, zeroings and deletions but this little gem deserves posting. GONE, now abandoning their name for PVP, did have a hammer left.

Also...
    aeli deleted.
    Snett deleted.
    Dire Doggo deleted.
    Rocky03 deleted.
    BigCaesar deleted.
    rlfletch1999 deleted.
    Lackadaisical deleted.
    Rhino deleted.
    TriKe deleted.
    Aquarius deleted.
    PostalPlatypus inactive.
    Heimdall inactive.
    PsyLIT inactive

I'd like to congratulate the coalition of BTDT, KCCO, TS, THC, RD, OQ War and Valkyrie (53, 14, 12, 10, 8, 1 and 1 overs respectively) for executing the single greatest beat down in memory.

Onward! The march towards total victory continues!

Cyraxares is also inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by mbstokem View Post
    o ya. i hope he goes back to it. i liked my name being in some1's sig

Pretty soon there won't be anybody left. As I said earlier, I was in favor of mass deletion after the dishonest troll's coming out party.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    Blahblahblah wah wah wah
    I told you you were a whiner

I told you you were a whiner
    Gee, that really hurts my feelings. I think I should play a round of travian as a traitor to seek my revenge. Oh wait, that's what losers do.

What?

That's a good pic of the ultimate crybaby LB, who turned this entire server into his peeing contest with Luiss because the internet hurt his feewings.

But yeah...a guy that said he was ready for mass deletion after that is the whiner.

Perhaps if Luisss hadn't gotten his feelings hurt and challenged me to destroy GONE this wouldn't have happened. You need to self reflect. Part of this is my awesomeness, part is BTDT`s epicness, and most of this is your team's incompetence.

I mean really... anvils unprepared for war and unable to replace loses. Troop trainers not shared to boost overall hammer counts or rebuilds. Converting hammers into anvils rather than improving the efficiency of your defensive base. Total inability to share larges, garage troops or lock down your own quad. The list goes on.

I understand that you're angry DA and I'd be angry to. What you'll find though is that most of your problems were self inflicted and the sooner you recognize that the sooner you can accept this out come.

Gee, that really hurts my feelings. I think I should play a round of travian as a traitor to seek my revenge. Oh wait, that's what losers do.
    No losers mass delete after having their WW zero'd once. Its actually almost the textbook definition of losing.

That's a good pic of the ultimate crybaby LB, who turned this entire server into his peeing contest with Luiss because the internet hurt his feewings.

But yeah...a guy that said he was ready for mass deletion after that is the whiner.

Person who got pissed on the forums and did something about it in game = whiner

Person who got pissed in the game and complained about it on the forum =/= whiner

I'm learning so much today.

I'm very annoyed because I think Meherrin is right and we should be nicer on the forums but sometimes its very difficult
    Last edited by SMOD polkadot; 04-03-2017 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Please let the filter do its job. It will * what needs to be filtered out..
    I've probably played 30 servers at this point

US1 Honeybadger - http://travian-reports.net/us/report/46781746d83
    http://travian-reports.net/us/report/49535643339

I blame blazin1 for any actions that may occur during the course of any server

Quote Originally Posted by Teutons View Post
    we should be nicer on the forums but sometimes its very difficult
    I know right?

Quote Originally Posted by Teutons View Post
    Person who got pissed on the forums and did something about it in game = whiner

Person who got pissed in the game and complained about it on the forum =/= whiner
    They've always had this double standard and difficulty navigating their own moral high ground.
    • A botter takes an artifact, we complain, and we're told to do something about it in game. I do something that is allowed under the rules (unlike botting) and they cry on the forums for weeks.
    • GONE demands I reveal my self so I can be zeroed. I do. They cry on the forums for weeks.
    • I say I have troop counts. They say I'm a liar and to prove it. I reveal their troop counts. They cry on the forums for weeks.

I've done all they've asked of me and yet they pout. They tell their members that their failures are due to these foul deeds and not because of the sub 1:1 troop to pop ratios or complete lack of TSs.

It is often said that alliances take on the personalities of their leaders. Here Lulu`s propensity for lies, excuses, dodging of responsibility, and general noobishness can be seen manifesting it's self through DA.
    Last edited by Lord Bane; 04-03-2017 at 12:30 PM.

Pretty much..

Look man, the reality is you guys were outmatched, outclassed and beaten down LONG before you took your first arty.. It's ok, you guys wanna take your deflated ball and go crying home, good..this is our court, not yours..

The only class act among your team was, is and will continue to be, is PoP.. Period..

GONE's new philosophy..

It's ok, you guys wanna take your deflated ball and go crying home, good..this is our court, not yours..
    Yeah....and this round shows why you guys would have had nobody to play against if our random group hadn't shown up.

Not necessarily. Server dynamics are complicated.

Ok, everyone knows where I stand, so moving on....

BTDT isn't as good as it has ben because it was a preformed group. People keep saying that, but it just ain't so.

What people tend to forget is that our group is pretty random, too. I was on one of maybe 4 or five accounts that decided to come in and spawn together. In a completely separate decision, odinloki and a few friends spawned not too far away. A few other people that ine or the other of us knew spawned nearby in yet more separate decisions. We noticed that we were all in roughly the same neighbourhood and after some chitchat and negotiation, we joined together. Maybe 20 accounts, tops

Everyone else came in from elsewhere.

What was different about our coming together was the way that we run things. We do active mentoring. I personally sat several newb anvils this round teaching anvilling skills. Some didn't last, some stuck around. But even the ones that didn;t stick around this tine might come back - and if they do, they'll be better prepared to play. Other experienced players did their share of mentoring.

We put our years of experience playing, co-ordinating and leading to good use - but we do so transparently. Every anvil who joined us knows how we achieve the defensive results we do - and can go on to perfect those skills either with us again, or in another group. The hammers worked the same way. Showing players new to us, and sometimes new to the game, what we've learned that works.

We work best with a kind of distributed leadership. We have a council. We try to work for consensus, when that's not possible, we go by democratic vote. No one council member has 'all the power' or a veto.

Sure, we have someone we call the OC and someone we call the DC, but we share out responsibilities with people who demonstrate readiness. And we do it carefully. The things that need tight control for security reasons, get tight control. The things that don't, get shared so people can learn and prove themselves.

And so on and so on. We want this game to continue - I mean, there's a reason some of us have over ten years' experience playing, and still keep coming back. So we take in new people, join with other groups that have long histories (for server historians, I should note that the number of peoole who came to ICU after having been fighting each other to the death on this and other servers was quite astounding) share what we know, and hope the knowledge base grows and some people come back.

Setting everything else aside, what most of us want to see is the membership of GONE learning lessons of co-ordination and leadership, improving playing skills (not that some of you aren't pretty awesome already), and coming back to the game, here or on another server, to be more competitive, whether friends or foes, the next tine we meet.

And if no one else had shown up..... We probably would have split up and gone against each other....
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

Speaking of which, what do we do when the opposition is all GONE?

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    BTDT isn't as good as it has ben because it was a preformed group. People keep saying that, but it just ain't so.

What people tend to forget is that our group is pretty random, too. I was on one of maybe 4 or five accounts that decided to come in and spawn together.
    It is random looking at the history and circumstances of this round, but I'd offer a via media. Perhaps it could be stated that BTDT and alliances like it attract a certain personality that plays hard, trolls hard, and takes the stance that "carnage is always a win" even if it costs hammers. Gone seems to attract personality types that takes pixellated **** ultra-personally and lives by a "code of honor" that is not only unrealistic and completely out of character for the game mechanics a priori but is so divorced from the reality of human interaction as to make it slightly psychotic in nature.

BTDT reminds me in a LOT of ways of previous groups that I've played with in the past especially Shadow (r1) and Toons (r I forget) under the leadership of Ravin, aquias, I think Tarminel and many others in and out throughout the years. Murdok was part of Omen and even though Shadow and Omen were VERY much on other sides of the r1 wars he was a class act, an extremely gracious loser after that round and I'm proud to play with him. Don't get me wrong, when we effed up Murdok definitely gave us plenty of **** for it...but at the end of the day was always a fun guy to interact with.

Whereas the people in Gone, they are not gracious losers; they mass delete and the level of butthurt that I have seen in public and from their chats is 100% unprecedented in my experience playing 4 different rounds of Travian and time served in .US administration. The closest I've ever seen to it would be Edge and they made Gone's rule violations and password sharing look like Dr. Pangloss from the effing Candide or something. But Edge's butthurt was more centered on the infighting and constant risk of receiving STDs in real life. Gone's butthurt is centered on being unable to keep up with game mechanics and aspects that have been around since the beginning of this entire thing, and, most of all, in the case of their leadership a consistent and utter refusal to take responsibility for their effups in a way that promotes the application of lessons learned.

In summary, what I'm trying to say in all this ramble is that BTDT was not pre-formed, but the coalition was semi-inevitable given the personality attraction.
    Last edited by Lurk; 04-03-2017 at 01:59 PM.
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

[7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

Yeah....and this round shows why you guys would have had nobody to play against if our random group hadn't shown up.
    Completely untrue and purely a crap speculation.. That statement itself shows your defeatist attitude that has reared up in the last month or more here on the forums..

Look, had ANYONE other than Luisss taken charge then things would have been night and day different.. Just a few examples..

BTDT was very content battling TRA in our own quad.. Luisss made the decision to come at us at arty time, we had zero inclination to go after ya'll until that moment.. We had months of TRA war ahead of us, and after that, then we would have turned to our north border, not to the N/E.. I would think KCCO also would have focused on their own quad as well, and our two groups likely would not have united..

The egotistical drivel Luisss calls his forum persona polarized the entire server against GONE, including more than a handful of your own "teammates"..

Had Luisss not pushed and antagonized LB, then the Tik Tok account would have quietly deleted once JD deleted..

Had Luissss not been in charge of defense, then a few early key battles would/could have gone another way, thus boosting morale instead of losing it early on..

In fact, had anyone other than Luisss been in charge then you guys likely would have had nearly no chance to lose, I mean when SWAT and that other group disbanded, and formed GONE, then a smart leader would have taken arties, and worked on solidifying the group together by clearing your own quad, and thus building the war machine and cohesiveness needed to run successful OP's..

Your defense team would have had time to get together and learn how to read reals, and who works better with whom.. Most critically, you would have had the time needed to learn who were the stronger leaders who can step and get things done..

Last but not least, you would have had the time needed to dig in for this marathon that is a WW race.. You would have had more than ample time since no one wanted a WW other than your team..

I have been playing this game since s1r1, and this server has got to be the single worst beat down I can remember, and believe me, I have been part of some real doozies.. All trolling aside, I truly feel in my heart that GONE only has Luisss to blame..

The phrase joked about so often of "....... is weak and lacks leadership" has never been more true, in all my years of travian..

BTDT isn't as good as it has ben because it was a preformed group. People keep saying that, but it just ain't so. What people tend to forget...
    They don't forget. They just choose to repeat it internally and externally in order to change the narrative.

What was different about our coming together was the way that we run things. We do active mentoring.
    This is incredibly important.

I personally sat several newb anvils this round teaching anvilling skills.
    It's striking how different you and I are. I'd never refer to a friend or an aspiring player as a newb.

We work best with a kind of distributed leadership. We have a council. We try to work for consensus, when that's not possible, we go by democratic vote. No one council member has 'all the power' or a veto.
    This was GONE but it doesn't work. I prefer a decisive strongman leader supported by a council.

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    Speaking of which, what do we do when the opposition is all GONE?
    If we kill one account per day every day we have another month. There's plenty of time. After they're all GONE we can work on training, mentoring, and trying odd ball ideas like a hammer of only rams or legos.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    In summary,
    I like you.

The egotistical drivel Luisss calls his forum persona polarized the entire server against GONE, including more than a handful of your own "teammates"..
    DA... Luisss bashing aside... you don't find it odd that a server united against you guys? Several people are very anti huggle but your team antagonized then into coming after GONE.

Also I've hit you guys for 22 out of the last 23 days and never once sent single second waves. Why has no one split my 8 second gaps? I think Twist did once but that's once in of 60 or 70 real attacks?
    Last edited by Lord Bane; 04-03-2017 at 03:15 PM.

Pssst LB, newb =/=noob.

Newb is short for newby, that is simply someone new to the game. Stop trying to make issues where there is none.
    Note:Any posts made by this poster should always be construed in the most innocent angelic way possible. The poster is not responsible for where your depraved minds go, if you have a depraved mind.

Our Lady of Croppers ~Semper DOS~ ~Viva Toons~ || This area intentionally left blank. || The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity ~ Harlan Ellison

Also I've hit you guys for 22 out of the last 23 days and never once sent single second waves. Why has no one split my 8 second gaps? I think Twist did once but that's once in of 60 or 70 real attacks?
    I did. In fact, I timed and split each wave from about 15 different villages in case you sent a real 2nd or 3rd wave. It's not difficult with a little math and a time calculator.

The rest, I'd bet laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by Flossie Schmumpus View Post
    Stop trying to make issues where there is none.
    The ill intent is not always there my dear. If I'm asked to give the benefit of the doubt to Meherrin it's only reasonable to expect the same in return. I did not know the difference between newb and noob as I did not mean anything more with my Berlin comment. I still wouldn't use newb though.

From Urban Dictionary: Noobs vs. Newbs
    This is meant to distinguish between noobs and newbs, which can be very difficult to tell apart, based on behavior.

NOOBS: Rely on cheap tactics to barely finish second-to-last on the team, and often blame others for their mistakes. Noobs have no ambition to get better at the game they fail at, and are happy just pissing off the rest of us. Noobs are not limited to low levels, some have become 55 Gold Crosses. Noobs are found camping with their M203-equipped M16's (standard noob issue), Juggernaut and Last Stand, in the same exact place you just killed them in a few minutes ago.

COMMUNICATING WITH NOOBS: Is not a good idea. The vast majority of encounters often end with noobs being brutal flamed in the pre-game lobbies, as noobs are unintelligent and slow-thinking. Any attempt to communicate with noobs is immediately met with a pre-set list of insults, such as "Shut the **** up", "You wanna go one-on-one?", "I could **** you", etc.

NEWBS: Honest, humble, polite players who strive to better themselves by playing as a team and seeking the advice of others. Newbs are new to the game, so they don't know, and, when confronted after using noob tactics, apologize for their behavior and immediately cease all noob activity.

COMMUNICATION WITH NEWBS: One of the most pleasant conversations ever on Xbox Live/Playstation Network. When you start talking to them, you realize they are different from noobs, and that they are sorry for their behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Pile of Pandas View Post
    in case you sent a real 2nd or 3rd wave.
    I'm not sure if your allies communicated this but I did run this trick on a few caps with ten plus waves.

I'm not sure if your allies communicated this but I did run this trick on a few caps with ten plus waves.
    They didn't, but given it's a common tactic, I wouldn't be surprised.

I'd run 12 waves. First four real or second four real or third four real. I think I even ran 11 fakes with the clear at the end.

Side note. Lighter note. More contextually relevant Star Wars videos. March 10th...

Update:

"Presentation!"

Today is the one month anniversary of Operation Shock & Awe. 30 days of uninterrupted destruction. MWAHAHA!!!

Special thanks to Lurk and Namoo from tossing in hits in the mix.

Can't hit you up yet, but your video examples are always spot on and a joy. You are one of the few that still have the ability to make me smile.