Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boom....!

Quote Originally Posted by Pile of Pandas View Post
    The artifacts were handed over by the traitor..
    Was the arti you guys lost last night also the work of a traitor?
    Qui tacet consentire videtur, ubi loqui debuit ac potuit.

[7:32 AM] Jason (Al Bundy raidslave): Who the **** loses an arti to 18 phalanx
    [7:32 AM] Old Timer US1: The same faction that loses one to 66 legos

Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    Or the multiple chiefings last night of Snett and Dire villages..?

I have spoken with zapp on the phone and have heard his side of the story and seen screenshots of BTDT member alluding to something highly suspicious on BTDT's side. I believe Zapp that he was not botting.
    Then what are you referring to here..?? He was botting and blamed the ban on a village name.. How is a screenshot of anything from BTDT involved..?
    Last edited by odinloki; 03-12-2017 at 02:49 PM.
    s1 : Storeythor http://travian-reports.net/us/report/2674061c50d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gressor2 View Post
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chas00 View Post
    Storeythor,most offensive/defensive account holder on the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by bugzy View Post
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

My hammer is gone because I trusted tik. It wasn't skill on his part, it was a setup.
    I fully believe that tiktok was planning this and to send my hammer on a mission the very day that he left leaves me feeling extremely suspicious. I notice you put traitor in quotes. Is not the definition of a traitor one who betrays a friend? I trusted him. Granted, my hammer was damaged from clearing plans the week before and not in its "full glory," but still...

And what about DA's hammer that was chiefed? He hadn't used it and given away it's location. Tik knew where it was, though from getter. How about DD's hammer? It's easy to win when you have trust and a map.
    Hate to break it to ya, but I'm in the BTDT def room. Your hammer was dead regardless. I say this with complete honesty. Tik Tok never divulged where your hammer was going. We figured that one out ourselves.

As for DA, he had used that hammer on TS (now TSA), whom I talk with. You fail to see the full scope of my resources.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAnse View Post
    Well the traitor was also coincidentally supposed to be sitting Dire's account when his hammer got chiefed. Darn the luck, right?
    Again, Tik Tok has nothing to do with that. We faked the cap and chiefed the hammers. Incidentally, KCCO launched on the cap without my knowledge. I was talking with them as the op was in full swing about a mislaunch we had when I found out that they were also already inbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelsier View Post
    I don't really think there is as much in fighting as you guys make it appear to be inside of GONE.
    C'mon. We've had an inside guy for a while. We know well the discord within GONE, and it is rampant.

Quote Originally Posted by SupremeAdmiral View Post
    Again, Tik Tok has nothing to do with that.
    You do understand that when a player spends his entire time on the server as a lie, that nobody in GONE is going to believe that he didn't cross certain lines?

He's made his proverbial bed here. No amount of BTDT posters claiming that he didn't do this or that are going to salvage his reputation.

You do understand that when a player spends his entire time on the server as a lie, that nobody in GONE is going to believe that he didn't cross certain lines?

He's made his proverbial bed here. No amount of BTDT posters claiming that he didn't do this or that are going to....
    So you actively deny facts in exchange of the emotion felt after an incident.. Good to know, for future discussion..
    Gotta be talented to look after 2 WW's simultaneously. Or crazy... Crazy seems more like it.
    The more I read of OdinLoki's posts, the more I want to play alongside him. Not for the results, as frequently good as they are, but for the sheer fun he seems to have at it. Would + rep if I could, man. Always enjoy reading your stuff... and mostly cringe at the results contained in 'em.
    He's a nut and the more the odds are stacked against him, the better he seems to come out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by odinloki View Post
    So you actively deny facts in exchange of the emotion felt after an incident.. Good to know, for future discussion..
    What facts? Alternative facts? A few players claiming that they were given no information or took no part in ops is not a fact.

I'll take unsubstantiated claims for $100, Alex.

What facts? Alternative facts? A few players claiming that they were given no information or took no part in ops is not a fact.

I'll take unsubstantiated claims for $100, Alex.
    It's not on BTDT to prove that they weren't part of it. It's your argument that they are, you prove it.

It's darn sure on you guys for "Taking a chance" with "Trust".

It's not on BTDT to prove that they weren't part of it. It's your argument that they are, you prove it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bane View Post
    Then they crossed a line that caused TiK ToK the offensive coordinator to defect and provide BTDT with Hermon`s Scrolls (Unique Wall artifact), Memoirs of Alexander the Great (Unique Trainer), and a Small speed artifact. BTDT now has access to GONE`s getter and the treasure trove of account screen shots and incriminating evidence. All due to leadership's poor judgement.
    It's darn sure on you guys for "Taking a chance" with "Trust".
    I've already addressed this, but I didn't have a hand in that. I personally wanted to boot Tik and blast him off of the server for among other things, the no_no situation, but I just work here.

You do understand that when a player spends his entire time on the server as a lie, that nobody in GONE is going to believe that he didn't cross certain lines.
    I'm not asking you to believe Tik. I'm asking you to believe me. You don't have to obviously, but I am telling you the truth right now. In lieu of current events, it would be in very poor taste for me to come here and spread new lies about things that has already passed.

Edit: I posted this in one of our skype chats a little bit ago to clarify this with someone else who was concerned about the ethics wrt the Doggo chiefing:

Android approached me and wanted to chief Doggo. I was already considering it, and when we're both of one mind on something like that it means we should do it... so we did it. I never once talked with Tik Tok or anyone in GONE about it (Had no idea Tik ever sat Doggo), so if (and I stress "if") Tik intentionally set up the hammer to be chiefed, it does not reflect poorly on BTDT in any way. I don't believe he did though, because like I said, he did not know the target and that cap was stuffed.
    Last edited by SupremeAdmiral; 03-12-2017 at 07:44 PM.

You fail to see the full scope of my resources.

There's a chess board. Some of us are looking at the full board and while others are only looking at their rook and where it can move. Look. At. The. Board.

So you actively deny facts in exchange of the emotion felt after an incident..
    Last edited by Lord Bane; 03-12-2017 at 07:49 PM.

Edit: I posted this in one of our skype chats a little bit ago to clarify this with someone else who was concerned about the ethics wrt the Doggo chiefing:

Android approached me and wanted to chief Doggo. I was already considering it, and when we're both of one mind on something like that it means we should do it... so we did it. I never once talked with Tik Tok or anyone in GONE about it (Had no idea Tik ever sat Doggo), so if (and I stress "if") Tik intentionally set up the hammer to be chiefed, it does not reflect poorly on BTDT in any way. I don't believe he did though, because like I said, he did not know the target and that cap was stuffed.
    I can verify that if he lies in that chat he don't want to come back.

Maybe you're right and it's just highly coincidental. I have no idea to be honest. A message saying that there was nothing shady going on isn't proof of nothing shady going on.

I don't have much history in speaking to you, but based on the posts I've seen from you around here you seem to be a man of your word, but you can hopefully understand the position that we're in based on the events that have transpired over the last several days.

Maybe you're right and it's just highly coincidental. I have no idea to be honest. A message saying that there was nothing shady going on isn't proof of nothing shady going on.

I don't have much history in speaking to you, but based on the posts I've seen from you around here you seem to be a man of your word, but you can hopefully understand the position that we're in based on the events that have transpired over the last several days.
    Yes, I understand full well. I have dealt with similar things happening within my own faction on other servers. It's perfectly natural to look for new connections that you had previously missed. In fact, it would be dumb not to.

I'm glad you consider me a man of my word. I have yet to lie on the forums and do not intend to. The only fault I have is razzing LuLu... but c'mon... it's so fun I can't resist.

I understand your position. Figuring out who to believe and who not to believe is difficult especially when so much is unknown, and possibly unknowable.

While i don't know if there is any way of verifying whether or not Tik Tok abused the responsibilities of being a sitter, I do believe SupremeAdmiral when he says that he and Android planned that chiefing without assistance from Tik Tok.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

I understand that spies and the like are part of the game, although it's a part of the game that I don't personally agree with. This sort of deceit goes well beyond that scope. I personally think it's a complete revelation of LB's lack of character. This wasn't an issue where some player had a disagreement over a 15c and got mad and sent his troops on a suicide mission. This was a guy that intentionally and deliberately joined an alliance and lied his way up to a position of leadership with no intention of doing anything other than seeing how much damage he could cause, meanwhile posting here non-stop about how terrible GONE leadership and their players were.

It's just morally bankrupt and unethical. It crosses so many lines of trust. If people want to know why we're on a server with around 200 players and people keep leaving the game, take a good look at LB and his actions this round. And this guy is a forum ambassador? This is seriously the face that Travian wants to push as a model player for new players and the community as a whole. A dishonest guy that will weasel his way into alliances only to stab them in the back and attack the same players that offered him protection and a parking garage the entire round. Classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    I understand your position. Figuring out who to believe and who not to believe is difficult especially when so much is unknown, and possibly unknowable.

While i don't know if there is any way of verifying whether or not Tik Tok abused the responsibilities of being a sitter, I do believe SupremeAdmiral when he says that he and Android planned that chiefing without assistance from Tik Tok.
    I appreciate that. Neither of you have ever given me any reason to not believe you really. I believe that both of you are great players and your team is lucky to have you.

I understand that spies and the like are part of the game, although it's a part of the game that I don't personally agree with. This sort of deceit goes well beyond that scope. I personally think it's a complete revelation of LB's lack of character. This wasn't an issue where some player had a disagreement over a 15c and got mad and sent his troops on a suicide mission. This was a guy that intentionally and deliberately joined an alliance and lied his way up to a position of leadership with no intention of doing anything other than seeing how much damage he could cause, meanwhile posting here non-stop about how terrible GONE leadership and their players were.

It's just morally bankrupt and unethical. It crosses so many lines of trust. If people want to know why we're on a server with around 200 players and people keep leaving the game, take a good look at LB and his actions this round. And this guy is a forum ambassador? This is seriously the face that Travian wants to push as a model player for new players and the community as a whole. A dishonest guy that will weasel his way into alliances only to stab them in the back and attack the same players that offered him protection and a parking garage the entire round. Classy.
    ^Boom.
    US1 - Redemption. US2 - Luisss.

"Semper necessitas probandi incumbit ei qui agit."

with no intention of doing anything other than seeing how much damage he could cause, meanwhile posting here non-stop about how terrible GONE leadership and their players were.
    ..and yet it could all have been avoided had Luisss listened to Bane's repeated pleas to stop....

He TOLD you all what he was going to do if things continued..

Were his actions harsh...yes.. But you guys were forewarned..
    Am I a bad person for having a good laugh at this all...meh.. This is a matter of opinion and I personally don't care, LB did what he did, not me..
    Quote Originally Posted by Luisss View Post
    ^Boom.

..and yet it could all have been avoided had Luisss listened to Bane's repeated pleas to stop....

He TOLD you all what he was going to do if things continued..

Were his actions harsh...yes.. But you guys were forewarned..
    Am I a bad person for having a good laugh at this all...meh.. This is a matter of opinion and I personally don't care, LB did what he did, not me..
    So being a dishonest, immoral, corrupt, and deceitful person is cool so long as you forewarn people that you are going to do it?

Solid take.

So being a dishonest, immoral, corrupt, and deceitful person is cool so long as you forewarn people that you are going to do it?

Solid take.
    If you are on his good side, he is honest and full of integrity and as transparent as the next person.. I learned back on s6r3 to take the man at his word, and we have gotten along perfectly ever since..

If you are on his good side, he is honest and full of integrity and as transparent as the next person.. I learned back on s6r3 to take the man at his word, and we have gotten along perfectly ever since..
    I teach my daughter that you are the company you keep, and that the only legacy that you leave behind that matters is your character.

I would never intentionally sign up to play a round with a dishonest person like that.

Any members of GONE leadership would tell you that I am very vocal about honesty.

You can't be an a-hole half the time and a "decent" person the other half and claim to be a good person.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurk View Post
    I was only speaking of the artifacts held by TikTok himself

I take issue with a point that you made.

The way I understand it, Tik didn't originally join GONE for this purpose. It was "Intentional and deliberate", but it was not the purpose.

The way I understand it, Tik didn't originally join GONE for this purpose. It was "Intentional and deliberate", but it was not the purpose.
    I'd like to hear anything that Tik did as a member of leadership and OC that benefited anyone other than himself. He disappeared for plans. I don't know of any op that he arranged that did anything of any significance. He was largely inaccessible and not vocal and whenever I personally asked him about ops or plans for future ops there was always an excuse or something that kept anything from happening.

So based on that, either he had no desire to really do anything to BTDT because he was working behind the scenes with them or he's a terrible OC.

I'd like to hear anything that Tik did as a member of leadership and OC that benefited anyone other than himself. He disappeared for plans. I don't know of any op that he arranged that did anything of any significance. He was largely inaccessible and not vocal and whenever I personally asked him about ops or plans for future ops there was always an excuse or something that kept anything from happening.

So based on that, either he had no desire to really do anything to BTDT because he was working behind the scenes with them or he's a terrible OC.
    Or he didn't dislike us.

Or we would be hesitant to give him access to our getter.

I don't have access to our getter, you know why? Because I don't arrange ops. Why do you have someone in getter that does not arrange ops?!

Man you say all we do is talk about how bad GONE leadership is, but c'mon!!!! You guys have to take some responsibility. More than I do for example.

I've already addressed this, but I didn't have a hand in that. I personally wanted to boot Tik and blast him off of the server for among other things, the no_no situation, but I just work here.
    I've been wondering a lot about the no_no situation as well... I've been reading and reading and talking to people and good lord there are a lot of layers and conflicting points and mistrust and stories. I have a legitimate headache and I just need a nap. Perhaps it's my not sleeping in over 36ish hours or maybe I just don't know who to believe anymore.

I would like to hear more about no_no and tiktok situation however.

What DA said is how I believe it happened as well.
    Last edited by Pile of Pandas; 03-12-2017 at 09:11 PM.

Man you say all we do is talk about how bad GONE leadership is, but c'mon!!!! You guys have to take some responsibility. More than I do for example.
    Fair enough, although I didn't make the choice. I also don't believe that right and wrong have caveats. Just because someone is broke and starving doesn't make it okay to steal food.

I can't say with certainty what Tik's intentions were when he first joined. I am not him, nor did I know him at that point. All I can say is that based off of what I have heard from multiple sources he was not originally intending on any of this, but was driven to it by LuLu. Take from that what you will.

I can't say with certainty what Tik's intentions were when he first joined. I am not him, nor did I know him at that point. All I can say is that based off of what I have heard from multiple sources he was not originally intending on any of this, but was driven to it by LuLu. Take from that what you will.
    That's the excuse and justifying why he has done what he did. This wasn't done on a whim is my point. This wasn't a matter of him getting mad over something trivial and dropping tag. This was a matter of him sticking around and building his account a certain way in order to cause the most damage when he did the inevitable.

That's why I called him a sociopath. They always have an excuse or feel no remorse for what they've done. It's always somebody else's fault. They typically tend to have manipulating tendencies which is how he was able to weasel his way into leadership. Luckily for me, I had LB pegged as a manipulating sociopath early in my time in the forum, so his attempts to sway me into his fold were unsuccessful.

Fair enough, although I didn't make the choice. I also don't believe that right and wrong have caveats. Just because someone is broke and starving doesn't make it okay to steal food.
    Your leader knew there was a sneaky fox out there yet handed the keys to the hen house to a player they did not know, that turned out to be said fox.

Obviously I am pretty worked up about this and keep bringing it up. It makes me mad for you, even if you do not seem as upset about it and wish to direct your anger at the person that took advantage, or the people that say it serves them right.

If this player truly does not know 2-3 people they can trust, and this player has been around for years, why are they leading?

That's the excuse and justifying why he has done what he did.
    No, it is information. That's why I said "Take from it what you will". I don't justify things for other people. I leave that to them.

This wasn't done on a whim is my point.
    It was and it wasn't. Infiltrating your faction was obviously quite deliberate, but the goal at that time was in no way related to what happened recently (at least according to what 3+ people that I trust have told me). It wasn't done on a whim, but was quite fluid. I don't expect you to trust me regarding this though, so again... take from that what you will.

It was and it wasn't.
    Even I remember he was going to blow up JD and TRA, but we ruined his fun. In the meantime, a new person got his attention...

Obviously I am pretty worked up about this and keep bringing it up. It makes me mad for you, even if you do not seem as upset about it and wish to direct your anger at the person that took advantage, or the people that say it serves them right.

If this player truly does not know 2-3 people they can trust, and this player has been around for years, why are they leading?
    I joined this round late. I hadn't played in about 5 years, and a lot of the players that I'd played with before had left the game. I was just bored and figured I'd give it another go.

I didn't know any of these guys at all. I just picked a quad and went at it. I joined after all of the drama with quillion (sp?) and didn't hear about it till a while after.

The very first thing I ever heard about TikTok was when I did some investigating into the no_no situation, and that didn't give me a very good first impression of the guy. I've developed pretty good relationships with redemption and nich and I'd like to think that I've earned their respect in this game that I'd like to carry into future rounds.

Are there things that I probably would have handled differently? Absolutely. But I don't think it's fair or rational for me to blame my leadership for letting the fox into the hen-house. They both feel terrible about what went down but I would just prefer that we focus our energy into looking forward and not backwards.

That's not to say that I'm not upset or angry at all about what happened. I believe my exact words when I found out is "Oh %$&@*$ great...we had Julian F'ng Assange as our offensive coordinator."

I believe my exact words when I found out is "Oh %$&@*$ great...we had Julian F'ng Assange as our offensive coordinator."
    That made me lol irl.

I'd like to think that I've earned their respect in this game that I'd like to carry into future rounds.
    Have they earned yours, is what you should be asking yourself. It's OK to like someone, but not want to be on their team, for...reasons.

But I don't think it's fair or rational for me to blame my leadership for letting the fox into the hen-house.
    I do. As bad as they feel, they are not new players and this is pretty much inexcusable. I haven't played on such an irresponsible team (at least when playing seriously) since my first round.

I do. As bad as they feel, they are not new players and this is pretty much inexcusable. I haven't played on such an irresponsible team (at least when playing seriously) since my first round.
    You may have played on a team that didn't have to deal with such a situation either. We were lucky to e on the team we were back then bugzy. I do not know the state of anything really for the last few years.

I have to agree with Bugzy. It's leadership's job to handle information appropriately. If they can't do that, then they shouldn't lead. Period.

I have to agree with Bugzy. It's leadership's job to handle information appropriately. If they can't do that, then they shouldn't lead. Period.
    ^^ This..

You guys keep making the assumption that LB did not act with deception to work his way into being a trusted member of the group. As if they just put a bunch of account names on a board, threw a dart and decided said account would be the one to do this or that.