• Alien

0 0%
  • District 9

0 0%
  • Moon

0 0%
  • Primer

1 9.09%
  • The Day the Earth Stood Still (original)

0 0%
  • Minority Report

1 9.09%

Thread: Favourite Science Fiction Film

Default Favourite Science Fiction Film

Gen Chat denizens' favourite science fiction film.

After tabulating the nominations, I found a seven-way tie for sixth place, therefore there are 13 films listed.

Please vote for your favourite.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

Democratic press conferences are my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Democratic press conferences are my favorite.
    Yellow card for unnecessary trolling in a politics-free thread.
    Last edited by Meherrin; 03-05-2017 at 07:14 PM.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.

I do love Gattaca though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    I'm not very bright.

There are so many great movies on that list. I feel like refraining from voting for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    Yellow card for unnecessary trolling in a politics-free thread.
    Manual rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

no your mom option?

I voted my choice!
    http://static.pokemoninfinity.com/im..._forum_sig.png

trooper? recruit an army and get two recruits from me for your army...

teacher?
    first five would receive 50 extra coins don't miss the chance...

Quote Originally Posted by н-υ-п-т-ε-я View Post
    no your mom option?

I voted my choice!
    Unfortunately, my mom would have belonged in a horror film, not an sf film. But my apologies to anyone with a sciencefictional mom who would have preferred to have the option of voting for her.
    Last edited by Meherrin; 03-07-2017 at 08:59 PM.

Unfortunately, my mom would gave belonged in a horror film, not an sf film. But my apologies to anyone with a sciencefictional mom who would have preferred to have the option of voting for her.
    Lol that cracked me up.

Why can't I rep you for that ?

Unfortunately, my mom would have belonged in a horror film, not an sf film. But my apologies to anyone with a sciencefictional mom who would have preferred to have the option of voting for her.
    I guess my mom counts as Sci-Fi, she's a sort of bionic woman.

Quote Originally Posted by banzai130 View Post
    Lol that cracked me up.

Why can't I rep you for that ?
    because science fiction post cannot be rep'ed it is a fictional post anyway!

apparently; for T&L

Quote Originally Posted by CM M.Hudson View Post
    Reputation has been disabled for this area for the time being due to some forum members being unable to control themselves.
    Last edited by н-υ-п-т-ε-я; 03-08-2017 at 12:46 AM.
    http://static.pokemoninfinity.com/im..._forum_sig.png

trooper? recruit an army and get two recruits from me for your army...

teacher?
    first five would receive 50 extra coins don't miss the chance...

Well, now, that was tougher than I thought it would be. I went immediately to Blade Runner and then stopped before voting because as much as I love the movie, I haven't watched it nearly as much as some of the others. So I voted with what movie I have seen more than any other on the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    Well, now, that was tougher than I thought it would be. I went immediately to Blade Runner and then stopped before voting because as much as I love the movie, I haven't watched it nearly as much as some of the others. So I voted with what movie I have seen more than any other on the list.
    I've seen 11 of the 13 movies, and own 4 of them. But I've honestly seen Star Wars more times then the rest of them combined. I couldn't justify voting for anything else. If I'd thought of it I would have nominated The Fifth Element (probably my second most watched), but I still would have voted the way I did.

S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker