Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Despite all our political beliefs... Do we all see this as wrong?

Default Despite all our political beliefs... Do we all see this as wrong?

Despite all our political beliefs can we all just say that the Democrats who sat down during the two minute standing ovation for our slain soldiers families as well as when the president spoke is just absolutely upsetting to say the least. I understand the point they think they are attempting to make but isn't it just deplorable at this point?

When you disrespect those who've fallen and their loved ones just to make a point aren't you taking it a step too far? Moreover do they not care about seeing another term (not one of them will see re-election after that nonsense)? Why can't they just support the man and give the 'hey mister, tone it down and maybe go in this direction' speech and actually be productive rather than just sit there and be an obstacle to anything.... whether it be good or bad.

At some point we've got to say that enough is enough, right? How can they live with themselves knowing they spit in the face of the most faithful Americans there are?

Any thoughts?

-EDIT- I'd like to add that I'd be just as outraged if I saw the British Parliament behave this way or any other political forum anywhere. We owe respect to all who serve, right?
    Last edited by RycorAbsinthe; 03-01-2017 at 05:06 AM.
    Something about how I am

I did not watch the speech and don't know anything about this. However...

It is possible to oppose a military action while still respecting those who have served honourably in it.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.
    - The Ballad of Sacco and Vanzetti, Joan Baez

-32 degrees latitude, free, safe and warm

I might be outraged as well. Although only mildly, since it was all the generals fault that the highly successful raid was botched by the generals. I'm not going to excuse them except to say that they probably thought, just as I did that his spiel on it was pure showmanship and very calculated. They may prefer to comment and react privately rather than in his blown bubble. I know I would. Or they could have personal stances totally against that sort of raid. In which case, they can't really applaud the outcome, no matter what it is. Interesting that in the midst of that speech, all you wanted to notice was 2 politicians sitting down.

As for the rest of the address, blimey! Even most of the GOP were obviously not on board some of it.
    Which is not a good thing really. How often do you get such a strong majority in all houses and the ability to pass whatever the party wants? If only he wanted what the party wants. No, some of his policies are actually better, but a lot are far worse, and just plain dumb.

For your interest, it is very unlikely that would happen in a Australian (or British I think) parliament. We tend not to make so much political capital from those sorts of tragedies. It would be slayed in the press the next day. I mean the pollie bringing it up for political gain. And it would have been reacted to appropriately, although probably not with a 2 min standing ovation. It's not an opera. But americans do that sort of thing, so I doubt he was the first. Or will be the last to make points from it.

As an aside, how did you feel when donnie tipped his hand at blaming the jewish desecrations on a democrat ploy? All warm and fuzzy? Or blaming the generals for something like that? Do you think he would have blamed them if it had gone to plan?
    I'm glad I'm not judgemental like all you smug, superficial idiots

Democrats prove themselves more deplorable and disgusting daily. They would have stood for Bruce Jenner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron D'Holbach View Post
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

The take in my house was pretty much "Oh, that poor woman, forced to stand there on camera for two minutes trying to hold back her tears while Trump took advantage of her for political gain."

S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Quote Originally Posted by Meherrin View Post
    I did not watch the speech and don't know anything about this. However...

It is possible to oppose a military action while still respecting those who have served honourably in it.
    They stood until January 20th, 2017 for the military action. So the answer for the antisemitic Keith Ellison, and the insane Nancy Pelosi, is no.

Quote Originally Posted by Tineren View Post
    The take in my house was pretty much "Oh, that poor woman, forced
    Have you considered moving out of your mentally challenged house?

Trump took advantage of her? Oh my god, you people hate so blindly you can't be reasonable for a second can you? First he hated gold star families, now he is taking advantage of them.. did you consider she knew why she was there and ok with it, maybe she appreciated seeing her slain child honored and should have been given some respect? Nope, because Trump, and THAT, is what's wrong with the left.
    You should quote yourself. It's like liking your Facebook status or high-fiving yourself in the mirror.

It's what I would do if I didn't have to keep mine exactly how it is for madsquirrels and erazer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Blazin1 View Post
    Trump took advantage of her? Oh my god, you people hate so blindly you can't be reasonable for a second can you? First he hated gold star families, now he is taking advantage of them.. did you consider she knew why she was there and ok with it, maybe she appreciated seeing her slain child honored and should have been given some respect? Nope, because Trump, and THAT, is what's wrong with the left.
    According to the leftists in this thread, women are incapable of making their own decisions.

She's Owen's widow not his mother, you should pay attention to who you are respecting. Again, I said we felt sympathy for her. I've not seen any evidence of anyone attacking her for being a grieving widow on television. But I don't believe for a moment that President Trump invited her to his speech out of compassion, he invited her as a calculated move to gain political capital from the public's sympathy for her. Of course I also feel the same way about the way the media has been using Ryan's father to attack the President for the past month.

S6-r1 The_Chuck S8-r1 Lanie (night shift) S5-r3 Tyche (night shift) S7-r3 Chuckles (night shift)
    S2-r6 Tommo and rebuild S1-r7 Country (day shift) S5-r7(AEU) Office Space S19-r2 (SE) The Joker

Again, I said we felt sympathy for her.
    Not for what happened to her husband, but that she chose to consensually go to the speech.

Pre-coffee. It seemed to be ok to invite gold star families during the election, but I can see now how this was politically motivated. Where is the emoticon holding it's nose?

Pre-coffee. It seemed to be ok to invite gold star families during the election, but I can see now how this was politically motivated. Where is the emoticon holding it's nose?
    Tineren literally stood up and clapped when this person refused to let his wife speak in public:

You know, some days I wonder if cofc is just a spam bot that hasn't yet been activated. He quotes partial sentences and then makes nonsensical comments.

He quotes partial sentences
    I tend to remove all the fluff. You posting a lot of fluff is on you.

You know, some days I wonder if cofc is just a spam bot that hasn't yet been activated. He quotes partial sentences and then makes nonsensical comments.
    My theory is that he has a very short attention span so loses track halfway through his reply. So posts something he once thought about something (probably his breakfast).

I like that you guys have taken a position that you are so unable to defend, that you have once again launched attacks against COFC because you can't make a reasonable argument to stay on topic. What happened last night was so low brow, so low class, that they should all be thrown out of office. Even the ladies in white hate Trump so much they looked stupid on the issue of women's rights.

I like that you guys have taken a position that you are so unable to defend, that you have once again launched attacks against COFC because you can't make a reasonable argument to stay on topic. What happened last night was so low brow, so low class, that they should all be thrown out of office. Even the ladies in white hate Trump so much they looked stupid on the issue of women's rights.
    Who is defending it?
    Is a couple of people sitting down while a pollie takes advantage of tragedy the only thing that happened last night?
    Interesting take on your life pal. You are so desperate for a fight you'll try to force positions no one is taking.
    The white thing might look stupid to those who don't understand it I guess. Which would include the orange fool.

Quote Originally Posted by RycorAbsinthe View Post
    the Democrats
    Some democrats are still not believing that Trump won, and they still want Hitlary instead.

http://static.pokemoninfinity.com/im..._forum_sig.png

trooper? recruit an army and get two recruits from me for your army...

teacher?
    first five would receive 50 extra coins don't miss the chance...

Quote Originally Posted by Rokchick View Post
    The white thing might look stupid
    Those women don't deserve to wear white.

I must say... I'm very disappointed in these responses. Did any of you actually watch the whole thing or did you just get a recap?

I used to be a liberal so when it happened to Obama I was right there with a horrifying outcry... How can you all not feel the same this time.... You don't disrespect the president like that...... even if he's so orange they might make a Crayon color of him...
    Something about how I am

I must say... I'm very disappointed in these responses. Did any of you actually watch the whole thing or did you just get a recap?

I used to be a liberal so when it happened to Obama I was right there with a horrifying outcry... How can you all not feel the same this time.... You don't disrespect the president like that...... even if he's so orange they might make a Crayon color of him...
    I told you I didn't watch it, nor have I made any comments on what was said or done, for that reason.

I told you how i feel about people who serve, which is true under all circumstances. I may disagree vehemently with a military action, but the folks on the ground did not make the decision whether to stay or go. Any member of the armed forces who serves with honour deserves respect for their willingness to put their lives on the line for others, I reserve my disrespect for any leader who spends that willingness and those lives in an unnecessary, unjustified, or ineptly managed action.
    And now I'll tell you what's against us, an art that's lived for centuries. Go through the years and you will find what's blackened all of history. Against us is the law with its immensity of strength and power - against us is the law! Police know how to make a man a guilty or an innocent. Against us is the power of police! The shameless lies that men have told will ever more be paid in gold - against us is the power of the gold! Against us is racial hatred and the simple fact that we are poor.

What were you expecting?

the folks on the ground did not make the decision whether to stay or go.
    If the US was like most countries and had no draft, I would have a problem even with the ones that served honourably. But they kind of do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    If the US was like most countries and had no draft, I would have a problem even with the ones that served honourably. But they kind of do.
    Since the end of the Korean War, Canada, at least until recently, has mostly engaged in UN peacekeeping missions, which is part of the background for my attitude. Of course, toddling off after the US into Afghanistan tarnished a lot of the respect I had for the forces in general, but that was a political decision. But people in Canada who join the armed forces do tend to have sone sense of wanting to make things better, at keast the ones I've known.

Since the end of the Korean War, Canada, at least until recently, has mostly engaged in UN peacekeeping missions, which is part of the background for my attitude. Of course, toddling off after the US into Afghanistan tarnished a lot of the respect I had for the forces in general, but that was a political decision. But people in Canada who join the armed forces do tend to have sone sense of wanting to make things better, at keast the ones I've known.
    Fair enough. I suppose I agree with that when thinking in terms of more peaceful nations without a draft.

I thought he was doing alright (sans the bored look on his face, and his flat delivery). Then he had to bring up the "millions who voted to make America great again." We get it. You won.

Also, he was saying he saved Americans billions by cutting state departments, but gave a blank check to the military. So net, we didn't save anything. It's just a transfer of budget.

Also, the DAPL didn't add thousands of jobs. The DAPL is done except that small section. It'll add a few hundred jobs for a few weeks.

The American steel bit was good, American infrastructure should use American goods.

Overall though, I caught him on a few lies or extreme exaggerations that turned me off about the speech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod Dark Tower View Post
    *Sigh*, I'm such an idiot.

My internet brings all the nerds to the yard, And there like, Its better than yours, Damn right its better than yours, I can share with you, But I have to charge!
    La la-la la la, I know Rok wants it! La la-la la la, and it's on Wifi! Imagine if I bothered to tether it! La la-la la la, nah nah nah nah nah! La la-la la la!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapient View Post
    I thought he was doing alright (sans the bored look on his face, and his flat delivery). Then he had to bring up the "millions who voted to make America great again." We get it. You won.

Also, he was saying he saved Americans billions by cutting state departments, but gave a blank check to the military. So net, we didn't save anything. It's just a transfer of budget.

Also, the DAPL didn't add thousands of jobs. The DAPL is done except that small section. It'll add a few hundred jobs for a few weeks.

The American steel bit was good, American infrastructure should use American goods.

Overall though, I caught him on a few lies or extreme exaggerations that turned me off about the speech.
    I think the idea behind the DAPL adding many jobs, is the theory that economic growth correlates with the abundance of fossil fuels, cheap energy = more productivity.

But the question is how much oil is actually available from the tarsands of Canada and the Dakotas region? It's expensive to extract and the growth of Saudi production and increased output from the Gulf made it difficult for tarsands oil to compete. The pipelines seem like the great hope to prolong the peak of global oil.

My take on it is that the nation should move towards renewable energy sources and transform transportation infrastructure towards electric power as opposed to reliance on internal combustion engines.

Personally, I got disgusted when Trump suggested that the soldier was happy looking down on her. How he could possibly be happy to have been killed in a terribly planned mission that was recommended against being done by a president who was eating dinner when he ordered it and was too #$$%QW! busy to watch happen, I have no idea.
    I would have remained seating. Standing would not have been for the soldier but for Drumpf.
    Quote Originally Posted by gebne View Post
    St. Chak, glorious atelier, faithful servant and bearer of thong,
    the stain of the troll has caused you to be forgotten by many,
    but the true forum invokes you universally as the patron of things despised of;
    pray for me, that finally I may receive the alterations and the couture of thongs in all my fripperies, ornamentations, and trimmings,
    particularly those of purple hue, and that I may read Chak with the thong throughout Eternity.

if I saw the British Parliament behave this way
    You have seen video of things that have happened in British Parliament, right?

My TL;DR response to the whole "look how disrespectful the other side is being to my president!" is this:

The difference, I suppose, is that at least the last 2 Democratic presidents had the decency to be elected by a plurality of voters. Last legitimate* GOP president was HW.

*Where "legitimate" means "as legitimate as is possible in a capitalist imperial nationstate, I suppose."
    "The Universe speaks in many languages, but only one voice... It is the voice of our ancestors, speaking through us, and the voice of our inheritors, waiting to be born. It is the small, still voice that says: we are one. No matter the blood. No matter the skin. No matter the world. No matter the star. We are one. No matter the pain. No matter the darkness. No matter the loss. No matter the fear. We are one. Here, gathered together in common cause, we agree to recognise this singular truth and this singular rule: that we must be kind to one another. Because, each voice enriches us and ennobles us and each voice lost diminishes us. We are the voice of the Universe, the soul of creation, the fire that will light the way to a better future. We are one." ~G'kar

Quote Originally Posted by The Burninator View Post
    Last legitimate* GOP president was HW.
    Then the last legitimate democrat president was Johnson. But that is only if we apply your "logic."

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Chak View Post
    How he could possibly be happy to have been killed in a terribly planned mission
    I like how you forget you were for this before January 20th, 2017. You never brought this up before. It is almost as if your beliefs change depending on who the president happens to be.

Quote Originally Posted by cofc View Post
    Then the last legitimate democrat president was Johnson. But that is only if we apply your "logic."

I like how you forget you were for this before January 20th, 2017. You never brought this up before. It is almost as if your beliefs change depending on who the president happens to be.
    Obama won the popular vote and by electoral votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post
    Obama won the popular vote and by electoral votes.
    Winning the poplar vote is literally as important in determining the winner as which candidate eats the most red meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtz View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/sweden-wa...112553992.html

Something about how I am

I think you missed the point.....

I think you missed the point.....
    Sorry, I thought I would warn him he could be drafted.

Sorry, I thought I would warn him he could be drafted.
    I don't think they draft felons (statutory).

Uh.... you are joking right?
    Something about how I am

So how do we feel about the VP using a private email server for security issues and getting hacked? Is it all OK when it's not Hillary?

So how do we feel about the VP using a private email server for security issues and getting hacked? Is it all OK when it's not Hillary?
    the rule of his state while he was a governor in it does not have problem with that.
    http://static.pokemoninfinity.com/im..._forum_sig.png

trooper? recruit an army and get two recruits from me for your army...

teacher?
    first five would receive 50 extra coins don't miss the chance...